"Omg stop coming! STOP COMING! They're never gonna stop!"Amiya Aranha

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
Like most times I get to actually watch live, I have a few choice IRyS quotes (only time stamping the first one so I don't link the VoD 3 times):
(6:15) "mmMMmmhhh, echoing: mmMMmmhhh, ...Hahaha, no don't loop that, please don't."
(1:11:09) "WUHWBEAABBLEH"
And this one is hard to pick a timestamp for, because she kept saying it and trying to say it in different ways, just making it sound worse each time. Starting with (4:45:54): "I did get an acrylic figure sample too, and I had a HARD time sticking the figure into the stand, it was SO TIGHT. I had to RAM...I had to..like...hammer...I had to hammer the acrylic, uh, figure part into the stand." and ending 2 minutes later with, "The opening was very small, I thought I wouldn't be able to get it in there. When I did, I was very tired...Ok? The opening, I had to force it in, but, I mean, I think that's how it works." (Now that I re-read that last one, I can hear it in Trumps voice)

Kourai

Not pictured: the will to live
Early Adopter
Archivist
This is just cope and I do hope that my two mains do eventually decide that they want to do Tempus collabs, but my headcannons are:
IRyS' hesitance is because she would have to go 'filter on' mode. Kronii and the ID girls go completely 'no filter', Bae and Calli get to just be themselves, but I think IRyS would be uncomfortable about her yab-ness and would try to filter herself, leading to her perceiving it as lower quality content that she may not be proud of. Then she also has said that she just doesn't really feel like meeting new people right now, but I don't know if I buy that, because she's probably the second most outgoing/extrovert of CouncilRyS after Bae (not that that is a high bar since the rest are 'severe autism introverts', #relatable)

And for Mumei, she is actually too sensitive. She gets inside her own head and worries too much about everything. I think she's also worried about always being seen as the 'nightmare-fuel' character, she likes it and she's great at it, but I get the feeling that she thinks she's being 'stereotyped' sometimes when she just wants to be cute once in a while. She's also probably the biggest introvert in EN, and with her recent ADHD diagnosis she's probably even more withdrawn than before.

Those are 'problems' that are solvable with time/good stream ideas for both of them, and I hope that I am close to the actual reasons. On the other hand if the actual reasons were, "male collabs will make my unicorns angry", then I would be upset, because 1. screw those people and 2. you're better off without them.
To illustrate your point about IRyS: imagine IRyS going on a game show Axel is hosting and genuinely needing to ask what an orifice is. I'm sure some people would find that funny, but there are just some things I don't want to hear girls say to guys, or guys say to girls. It should not be surprising if some streamers feel the same way or feel that they produce better entertainment in a same-sex space for other reasons.

Mumei is odd. I'd understand if she doesn't want to be typecast as the retarded nightmare owl, but this year her most awkward collabs were the collabs where (she thought) she couldn't do that. Specific examples are COPE's April Fools thing where she controlled IRyS' model (I think they have only collabed once to date, when Mumei joined CHaD for Surgeon Simulator), and the Japanese class with Lui where she was a nervous wreck. She's not against co-ed collabs in principle, as she's played Gartic Phone with StarsJP, the IDs, and Bae. But 1. Bae probably invited her and 2. everyone knew she was the only one who couldn't speak Japanese and she played the retarded nightmare owl, so my overall point stands.

I'm sucking up my dignity to ask this, but do you think a Hololive fanfiction can be good? Like actually trying to use the characters for more than just smut or something?
Kinda curious since I got nothing better to do and figured I give it a go.
Someone mentioned Detective Diaries as an example. Though it's in a visual format, that's what I would aim for; a self-contained story that uses specific characters' lore rather than trying to have a grand unified theory of Hololive. I guess Myth vs Ina and (presumably) the upcoming HoloX manga fall into the same category. The manga is official but you get the point.

Speaking personally, it seems easier to tell these stories in a visual format; when I think about reading or writing Hololive fanfic I get stuck on the idea that they're real people. Maybe it's just a side effect of the fics leaning so heavily on romantic pairings. Some of the talents *cough* Reine *cough* endorse that though.

Like most times I get to actually watch live, I have a few choice IRyS quotes (only time stamping the first one so I don't link the VoD 3 times):
(6:15) "mmMMmmhhh, echoing: mmMMmmhhh, ...Hahaha, no don't loop that, please don't."
(1:11:09) "WUHWBEAABBLEH"
And this one is hard to pick a timestamp for, because she kept saying it and trying to say it in different ways, just making it sound worse each time. Starting with (4:45:54): "I did get an acrylic figure sample too, and I had a HARD time sticking the figure into the stand, it was SO TIGHT. I had to RAM...I had to..like...hammer...I had to hammer the acrylic, uh, figure part into the stand." and ending 2 minutes later with, "The opening was very small, I thought I wouldn't be able to get it in there. When I did, I was very tired...Ok? The opening, I had to force it in, but, I mean, I think that's how it works." (Now that I re-read that last one, I can hear it in Trumps voice)

Use whichever iteration you think is the worst.

Edit: @Empty_Inbox
My question is about explanations - they provide context, and in some cases they are several pages past the original [post]. Do you need those? My main doubt about them is not even the effort it takes to put them, but accessability - I browse on desktop, but I can imagine those numbers being a pain in the dick to click on phone. Also without any clue as to what they provide, maybe most users will not click them even on desktop.

So I can either:

1) Make them bigger for ease of phone-clicks - [one, two, three] for example
2) Make them detailed, as I already did with some:
3) Be gone with them entirely, if you need more info than original [post], you just read like a normal person someone with free time
Either option 0 (just numbers), 1 or 2 for me, as the explanation links are needed in some cases. E.g. when a Mikeneko statement comes out and the translations are only available later. I have no opinion about clickability on mobile.

Last edited:

Empty_Inbox

🏆 Thread Recap links are in my Profile Posts
Early Adopter
Deranged Archivist
I think this kinda setup developers have their own dancers for animations, right? So they can push for more waifus with same moves
Unless Nenechi took a lot of time to learn moves, and developers don't use the same moves for other waifus.

Also I completely forgot to post, my 3rd recap (pages 101-159) is finally here, and I actually need some feedback. Let's took this for example

Altare's Phasmo level may imply he didn't create new Steam account [post]. Possible explanations [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6]

My question is about explanations - they provide context, and in some cases they are several pages past the original [post]. Do you need those? My main doubt about them is not even the effort it takes to put them, but accessability - I browse on desktop, but I can imagine those numbers being a pain in the dick to click on phone. Also without any clue as to what they provide, maybe most users will not click them even on desktop.

So I can either:

1) Make them bigger for ease of phone-clicks - [one, two, three] for example
2) Make them detailed, as I already did with some:

Wallpaper Engine talks [post], how to stop pinging your friends with it [pirate, actual tech]

3) Be gone with them entirely, if you need more info than original [post], you just read like a normal person someone with free time

Last edited:

Svarog

Saviorfag
Early Adopter
Not a Moona online right now on twitch. Sing a songs.

Idk who is another girl with her.
It's Risu/Gekgekgek.
Fkng mask, didn't recognise her.

Last edited:

Watamate

Previously known as Tatsunoko
Early Adopter

It's Risu/Gekgekgek.

I really miss Moona's piano stream, I hope she does them again. For no reason in particular.

moonabooba3.gif

Last edited:

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)

I don’t think this clip was posted. holy fucking based

Bug Eater

Around a year and a half ago (...)
So Mikeneko has been sitting on this information for a year and a half, and only started caring once Delutaya got the nice Live2D illustrated by her original mama? Lol

After the whole debacle in June (where Hololive immediately refuted the statement she made regarding the circumstances of her termination), you just can't trust anything she or her lawyer says- better hope she can materialize that audio evidence if she has any hopes of convincing the general public.

Last edited:

paul

Early Adopter
I'm not deep into Niji intel, is Himawari also Salome, or what is your post ment to convey?
No, I only wanted to point out that two years ago we were at the same point. It looked that Himawari and Pekora collab was only a matterof time after that interactions in the spoiler tag but in the end it never happend. I guess this Pekora/Salome interaction will not lead to a collab either.

Mazumaro finished his Ina vs Myth animation and is premiering it in about a week (SFX included this time)

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
No, I only wanted to point out that two years ago we were at the same point. It looked that Himawari and Pekora collab was only a matterof time after that interactions in the spoiler tag but in the end it never happend. I guess this Pekora/Salome interaction will not lead to a collab either.
Which is a pity, because the delinquent pretending to be a refined lady trying to teach the refined lady who's actually a delinquent some manners would be a genuinely great concept for a stream.

Faceless Waifu

prompt: 1girl, solo, faceless
Early Adopter
I'm not deep into Niji intel, is Himawari also Salome, or what is your post ment to convey?
Himawari in this case refers to Honma Himawari, one of the NijiJP Vtuber who debuted in the Gamers wave (same wave that has Kuzuha innit). Basically an example of ditzy schoolgirl in real life who became a vtuber.

Ditzy as in 'claims sun and moon is the same' and also knows the current US President as "Watson Bakery" and yet she is known for being a pretty decent gamer and a pretty good Music Video producer such as the group cover of Keyakizaka46's "Silent Majority" (which she is also have a singing part of) and also her own cover of Ninja Re Bang Bang, aka "that kyaru pamyu song that was in John Wick movie"

For context of that post though, Himawari and Pekora has tried to reach other and they managed to have a brief collab where Pekora became a guest on one of her call-in talk stream. It's almost like what Salome and Pekora had been doing, trying to reach each other offstream, and people for this one instance are pretty much "meh, bet it just gonna be a brief talk anyway, not a true collab."

JellyKusa

Early Adopter
Kiara made up her mind about peepee-havers some months ago. The gist is "well master Pekora isn't acknowledging men, why should I, her Chosen"
I don't know where you got that impression from, but definetly not from watching stream. Kiara has repeatedly acknowleded the guys existance and told her viewers to go support them before and after their debut. Just because she currently does't have any plans on collabing with them doesnt mean that shes ignoring their existance. She also referenced them occasionally. And even before Tempus, she collabed with men before without any problem.
She wont seek out collabs with men because this gay ass bird just prefers hanging out with girls, its that simple.
I'm sucking up my dignity to ask this, but do you think a Hololive fanfiction can be good? Like actually trying to use the characters for more than just smut or something?
there are a good number of cool fanfics on ao3 that expand on the lore or just reflect the personality of the girls well

Incoming collab with some Council girls (Fauna, Mumei and rat) and Haachamachamaaaaaa

Always happy to see Haachama collab in english, but Fall guys is a terrible collab game for Haachama because she concentrated more on the game because she doest want to drag the others down but then she cant talk in english anymore because eigo conversation saps too much brainjuice from her.
But overall, Haachama would still stand as the most fluent JP, including Lui. Lui just has better pronounciation and vocabulary than Haachama, but she isnt as good as Haachama at freeflowing conversation I feel like. Once Haachama has warmed up the english part of her brain she speaks pretty confidently even if her grammar is wonky.

Another reason why Lui has better vocabluary than Haachama is because Lui is doing active english reps. For a while, Haachama didnt. She didnt like english class and often skipped it back in Highschool and just didnt like communicating in english in everyday life as well because she would get made fun of for her bad english so she stopped talking english outside of school and mostly hung out with other japanese exchange students. Shes really only good at english because all the english she knows is english she learned throuh osmosis, not from actually studying it.

Svarog

Saviorfag
Early Adopter
Last edited:

Username Generator

Early Adopter
Why does the Maid have to get cut? 🤔 Unfortunately I couldn't catch it live.
There are rules (from the café?) that you are not allowed to take pictures of the maids. She showed a picture of some drawings in a frame at the wall and the reflection in the glass showed 2 maids.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter

Fkng mask, didn't recognise her.

I'll repeat this request to the end of my life. Someone has to have a repository for saved gekgekgek/nkwizard streams.
I've never caught a stream live.

Not-Username

Just pretending

The Great Bald Rrat
Early Adopter
>Be me
>Watching Nene 2nd anniversary concert in my nenecorp brand boxers
>Disturbanceintheforce.mp3
>...
>MOTHERFUCKING UNITYFAGS!!
>Grabs nearest firearm and run out of house, still in underwear
>Locatingheresy.exe
>Bust down door, find negro

>Lasso with rope, hang from rafters
>All in a day's work
Strong words for a guy whose pfp looks like a man who shat his pants. :smugpipi:

I'd say yes, but writing a good fanfiction requires imagination and a sense of humor, which most holofans do not have at all, if r/hololive is any indication.

Mazumaro finished his Ina vs Myth animation and is premiering it in about a week (SFX included this time)

This suggests we're getting at least 2 endings, although I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up with bad, good and true, VN-style. One when Ina murders everyone and destroys the world, one when she regains her senses and seals her powers away, and one when she has to seal herself away to keep everyone safe or something.

Now, to add something from me: Ollie's venting in her memberstream right now, saying that her projects are getting delayed one by one, including a song that was supposed to ready by the time of her birthday celebration. Seems like sometimes it's just random (people getting sick at the wrong time etc.) while sometimes it's management, as you'd suspect. Oh, but the collab with Miyabi is happening, she just won't say when exactly yet.

Empty_Inbox

🏆 Thread Recap links are in my Profile Posts
Early Adopter
Deranged Archivist
dtto. (dttodot, ditto), Thai vtuber with SCARZ, was awarded Rookie Creator of the Year by Thailand Game Show 2022

Can you guess who is accepting the award? No, it's not Dtto herself, it's a cosplayer TaoTan, but the photo made me stop and read the thing.

dtto.💀🩸 said:
JP: I received the Rookie Creator of the Year 2022 award! !
Thank you TaoTan for taking the trouble to pick it up! !

Thai: Thank you for the award for Rookie Creator of the Year 2022 category 🥰💗
and thank you @TaoTan1412
Thank you very much for taking the time to get the reward instead. 🥺

dtto. is a singer and an Apex: Legends streamer from Twitch, she frequently plays with Selen and RPR.

Continuous Retardation

Ame Gosling
Early Adopter
Another reason why Lui has better vocabluary than Haachama is because Lui is doing active english reps. For a while, Haachama didnt. She didnt like english class and often skipped it back in Highschool and just didnt like communicating in english in everyday life as well because she would get made fun of for her bad english so she stopped talking english outside of school and mostly hung out with other japanese exchange students. Shes really only good at english because all the english she knows is english she learned throuh osmosis, not from actually studying it.
Who the fuck would be heartless enough to do that? I mean if you're friends then poking some fun at this stuff is alright, but if she was actually getting bullied over it or felt really bad about it then those actions are just something I can't understand. Moot was right, fuck the Aussies.

How can you not love this?

Svarog

Saviorfag
Early Adopter
it's a cosplayer TaoTan
Cute girl? The cost of making a mistake with thai women can be high.

edit.
Ado live on youtube now. Idk what she's talking about, but maybe someone will be interested. ^_^

Last edited:

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
Who the fuck would be heartless enough to do that? I mean if you're friends then poking some fun at this stuff is alright, but if she was actually getting bullied over it or felt really bad about it then those actions are just something I can't understand. Moot was right, fuck the Aussies.
In Japan, China and Korea, when you raise your hand in the classroom you're expected to be 100% correct. If you aren't, it is viewed as wasting everyone else's time (true company mentality begins early) and sometimes you'll be made an example of.

For logical shit such as math and bio, this isn't a biggie and it will result in yet more antisocial shut-in weirdos to add to the pile of labrats and IT jannies. But for stuff like language learning, where error-making is pivotal for developing a sense of correction and listening, it's catastrophic. Just add standardized testing as relish and you have a shit sandwich that's allowed Japan to keep a phenomenal 0.9% rate of ESL for high school students for the last 3 decades despite all of the extraneous spending and policy making.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom