"Nantoka shitekureru... Shishiro Botan!"Omaru Polka

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

God's Strongest Wardog

Wigger Daisenpai Stan

Limkin

Nijisanji JP Gwelu Os Gar dropped a simple video explaining his current endeavor. Someone within the nijisanji fans circle translated it and it looks like he's in a bit of a pickle.
You know it's fucked when fucking Gwelu who is their go to "big guy organizer" and hosts basically everything that moves admits he had to do a full time job to have bread on the table and he can't anymore do the very thing he was famous for in the company unless viewers more or less directly fund the projects. But hey, let's bitch to Yagoo how he is not running his talents like Nijisanji, it's definitely working nice for them does it. This isn't "Man, I wish I had more money to do the things I want" it's "we literally have to move to a cheaper place to have food to eat" level of poor. I am not surprised Nina said she would have to leach off her ex-coworkers for a while after quitting anymore, it seems like Niji's talents are barely earning enough for basic needs and definitely don't have huge savings

Pioneer

AZKi's birthday live is starting in 15 minutes! A must watch if you want to hear some beautiful singing.

MornLurker

Asylum's lurker
Early Adopter
Hyona was one of the only exID's I watched, and it's hard to see her go. I guess the only thing that makes me feel a bit better is that she's finally going to get some rest. She says that she's just been tired recently because of moving and other personal things. She's reassuring us that she's not really graduating because of anything big, just that she has a lot on her plate and sacrifices needed to be made. We all know that exID has been given the short end of the stick so it makes sense why she's so tired and decided graduating was the best option. She's still in love with vtubing, it was a hard decision to graduate, but she just wants to rest now. As for the rumors of her going elsewhere, she says it's not likely. She doesn't want to be "in the spotlight" and wants to "stay dead." I guess I have to listen to her advice and continue being happy with her for the remaining months.

Her alt (https://twitter.com/karmickrow) has been noticeably active too although she only streams once in a while over there (and it's usually on twitch), so while she probably won't switch over to a different bigger place you can still follow her there.

New vesper model looks pretty great, I'm glad pako had a huge step up for his 2nd male model. It'll take time for me to adjust to the new model and I'll miss the dorito chin but at least it wasn't dogshit-tier bad.
Genuinely happy for grampire, he deserved this much-needed update

UberSoldat

You know it's fucked when fucking Gwelu who is their go to "big guy organizer" and hosts basically everything that moves admits he had to do a full time job to have bread on the table and he can't anymore do the very thing he was famous for in the company unless viewers more or less directly fund the projects. But hey, let's bitch to Yagoo how he is not running his talents like Nijisanji, it's definitely working nice for them does it. This isn't "Man, I wish I had more money to do the things I want" it's "we literally have to move to a cheaper place to have food to eat" level of poor. I am not surprised Nina said she would have to leach off her ex-coworkers for a while after quitting anymore, it seems like Niji's talents are barely earning enough for basic needs and definitely don't have huge savings
I have to admit, around this time last year my foolish past self found corpo vtubing pretty attractive, even though I had no streaming experience at the time, and thus my interest in content creation was sparked. With everything that's happened this year, it feels like everyone's finally seeing the cracks through the gold paint.

kushami tasukaru

Early Adopter
Here's a clip from Suu's 3D live yesterday when Figaro was there.

If you miss Ayame streaming, have Yakumo Beni to thank for potential (Valorant) collab.

Takodachi

Shared joy is double joy
Early Adopter
Someone sent the "Dad, I'm a Brony" clip to Mari and shes absolutely losing it.

Kourai

Not pictured: the will to live
Early Adopter
Archivist

Nijisanji JP Gwelu Os Gar dropped a simple video explaining his current endeavor. Someone within the nijisanji fans circle translated it and it looks like he's in a bit of a pickle.

Basically, his wife's sick and the pressure of his IRL work, taking care of his family and also his streaming job causes him to take a hard decision to quit his IRL job while also moving to a different, cheaper apartment in order to reduce the cost of living due to his income getting reduced due to him quitting his IRL job. It doesn't really affect his current streaming work, but he's pretty much unable to make projects like usual. So he's planning to set up two new membership tiers that would be used to fund his projects.

Might not be anything interesting considering its Nijisanji JP, but it's decent enough to share, especially knowing that not all is fine and dandy in ANYCOLOR's favourite branch.

That's dire. But it's interesting that he downsized and gave up the day job as opposed to the streaming job.

New Rock Hawk cover

Also t minus one hour til Calli possible Oshi No Ko part announcement

This cover was originally supposed to premiere on the day Lui streamed her calls to Nijis and other corpos (including her Niji oshi Debiru). Whenever she asked them if they had announcements, they all shilled this cover instead lol. So it was a bit disheartening that it didn't premiere because management screwed up. But the wait wasn't too long. Addictive as usual.

Watame also had a cover today, a remix of Echo (which is entirely in English).

Limkin

I have to admit, around this time last year my foolish past self found corpo vtubing pretty attractive, even though I had no streaming experience at the time, and thus my interest in content creation was sparked. With everything that's happened this year, it feels like everyone's finally seeing the cracks through the gold paint.
It's more or less the same as food industry. McDonalds might have a giant name and reputation and is constantly talking about how you can rise through the ranks and be a manager if you do a good job but in reality you will be wageslaving while working to death. If you are good you can join a prestigious restaurant. Or you can just go to a local dinery ran by your uncle's friend and get yourself a nice comfy job while shooting beer with the rest of coworkers who are all your friends anyway.
That's dire. But it's interesting that he downsized and gave up the day job as opposed to the streaming job.
If he has a sick wife and a child, having work that would require him to stay away from house for an entire day seems like the quickest way to go absolutely insane. At least with streaming he is always going to be there in person to take care

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL
Koshien draft

Just a cool 200k
Doesnt this guy also have a child? damm that its rough
Yea, he came out as a married man and even has his fam on stream
/https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-qTSjsg9KI
Abe would be proud
Good example of a misconception that is pervasive similar to youths aspiring to be "youtubers" as a career. Hololive is an outlier along with popular talents of Niji, VSPO, NORIPRO, 774, etc. The vast majority of talents are not making enough money to be self sufficient, never mind being financially prudent. Hint: This may be why some get frustrated with Hololive talent who appear to squander their potential. On the other hand their popularity doesn't wane so what do you know?

Vtuber relay going on. Turu already went but check it out

edit: Pioneer linked the AZKi live so I changed my post - still you should watch her

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
Towa karaoke literally right after AZKi's live! 2 of my favorite Holo singers back to back :gurasemperfi:

AZKi also has a membership bonus live during this time so I guess I'll be juggling 2 karaoke streams somehow

And the Hololive Summer stream is right after that.

USS IOWA

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter

Can we get much higher?!

Holy shit was NOT expecting that

Place your bets is it a voice role or is she singing the new OP?

Watamate

Previously known as Tatsunoko
Early Adopter
AZKi's birthday live is starting in 15 minutes! A must watch if you want to hear some beautiful singing.

She's talked about this in the past so there's nothing really new about it, but it's nice of her to talk about it during her Live.

24:15 AZKi: I have been active mainly in singing. This year I had a chance to let people know about me through activities other than singing.
24:26 AZKi: I did start off as INNK Music
24:27 AZKi: I'm glad more people like me besides my singing.
24:41 AZKi: Now I belong to Hololive, but when I started I belonged to a music label called INNK.
24:42 AZKi: My path was not level. At first I belonged to INNK music.
24:48 AZKi: Though there was an end date for my prior activities, a new Beta route was begun, and I continued down that path
25:01 AZKi: After that INNK Music did close down
25:08 AZKi: And at that time, I had thought about graduating as well
25:30 AZKi: But I thank that I was able to continue down this path with everyone, and Cover as well for helping my decision
25:33 AZKi: I moved the world line from root alpha to root beta. I chose to continue my journey
25:41 AZKi: So many of you have pushed my back forward
25:54 AZKi: When the INNK label broke up, I also felt like graduating. But because of all the pioneers, I decided to continue.
26:01 AZKi: Throughout the difficult times that the past me made it through, I'd like to thank all of you Pioneers and myself from the past as well
26:07 AZKi: So that is why the AZKi of now is here today
26:10 AZKi: Thank you so much
26:22 AZKi: What sort of things will happen from here on out
26:26 AZKi: I'd like to find out!
26:31 AZKi: Well, that was a bit of an emotional speech
26:38 AZKi: So I'd like to move onto the next song soon
26:44 AZKi: And today's live is about destinations

About Sora:

AZKi: From the time I started, Sora was the one who I communicated with the most
AZKi: When I was feeling down or troubled, we chatted a lot
AZKi: Sora-chan and I had similar ways of working.
AZKi: As close friends, so many thoughts came flying out while singing Our Bright Parade
AZKi: Since the beginning of our activities, Sora and I have been together in hard times and happy times. We are war buddies and best friends.
Sora: I'm so happy to sing with you, thank you!
AZKi: Every time when I had a difficult time, Sora would always be there
AZKi: She'd suddenly appear telling me to do my best
AZKi: So I'd also watch her, and do my best as well
AZKi: That's why, I'm so happy to have you here with me

Last edited:

kushami tasukaru

Early Adopter
That live was amazing and AZKi's Inochi live is something to be experienced. The song before that, Important Announcement is also emotional (also basically the words for any Vtuber announcement which are not so good).

The big news is she's now with Victor Entertainment as well, following MaiR earlier this year.

The new song "The end roll never ends" should also have a MV premiere tomorrow at 8PM JST.

There are 15 minutes before AZKi's membership live so you can see the free part of Soda Kit's first live show.

HACHI also celebrates her third year at 9PM JST. Fitting for it to be the day of her oshi's birthday.

Usuwa Suu zatsu reflecting on her 3D live at 10PM JST.

Last edited:

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
AZKi's signing under major music label Victor Entertainment, starting in October! Her journey has been genuinely inspirational and I'm so proud of her man :sanasmile: What a beautiful live. The SorAz original song was amazing too.

Last edited:

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL

I really like this but I don't want to do laps of the neighborhood at 7am.
azkixen.png
SorAZKi love
soaz.gif
Glad AZKi stuck around especially as she had inspired others with her singing

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman

Watamate

Previously known as Tatsunoko
Early Adopter
I love the interactions that spawn whenever ENs go to Japan and meet the others.

Senpai Tax:

Miko meeting her Oppai Blonde:

Unrelated but Kronii is one of those rubber neckers that stare at other people's phones.

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

Just noticed Flayon's TroubleDays VOD is gone. Unsurprising.

I don't think so? But I have to imagine it's due to the game being yabai to begin with.

EDIT: Here we go

Yeah he's like the only corpo vtuber parent that I know of

It's an Eroge. Something always slips through you need to edit out. Though maybe it was something with chat attracting bots, which is always possible.

Did something in particular happen during that stream?

Haven't seen anything yet, but it's possible something tripped the full demonetization (maybe chat) and they want to remove whatever might be the issue.

This cover was originally supposed to premiere on the day Lui streamed her calls to Nijis and other corpos (including her Niji oshi Debiru). Whenever she asked them if they had announcements, they all shilled this cover instead lol. So it was a bit disheartening that it didn't premiere because management screwed up. But the wait wasn't too long. Addictive as usual.

Watame also had a cover today, a remix of Echo (which is entirely in English).

Leaving his corporate job actually makes the most sense. He can likely move to a much lower cost era (closer to medical facilities, maybe, as well?), remove any need for child care and stream more. Since streaming hours directly translates to income, his income won't be hit as badly. He also frees himself up for non-structured events with his family.

I was recently listening to Echo (and Haachama's cover). Weird, small world, lol. Though this a song that Coco performed, on the 2nd anniversary of her retirement. Probably not completely a coincident.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom