"You have to have a lesbian haircut when customizing your character's face, otherwise you'll fuck it up"Kirschey

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Style

Shit's still wack, yo!

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
There's been alot of Marimari AI covers being made since it dropped a few days ago and she gave the ok to use her AI voice.
Some highlights from the Discord

A whole new world duet with Her and The Nostalgia Critic

I Want You Gone from Portal 2

I Ran from A Flock of Seaguls

Last edited:

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Calli during her karaoke: "Next song I am gonna sing is by someone working very, very hard on something and I am so proud of them."
Coping chumbud: "Guwa?"

:selenpointandlaugh:

Svarog

Saviorfag
Early Adopter
Marika's karaoke stream. She is cute and wholesome :shubaIapprob:

It's kind of like relay karaoke, if I understand the description correctly.

update
And here crowdfunding stream. To record a new album for the 3-year anniversary

Crowdfunding link

Last edited:

Warspite

Tea is just leaf juice。
Early Adopter
Calli's new room has a different artist, which means every Holo who had a room by the previous artist (I forget their darn name, but they were called out for mocking Gura's lack of streaming) has moved on and probably wants nothing to do with the old artist. Some bandied form of "unity?" Or maybe they were blacklisted at corporate level for daring to talk ill of Gooba?

Well that's what people are saying anyway.

Selen top 5!!

Kourai

Not pictured: the will to live
Early Adopter
Archivist

soap suds

I am so late to the party, but EN (and Mika) is having a multilingual goose goose duck game. Enna is speaking Mandarin, Kotoka is speaking Japanese, Mika is speaking Bahasa, Ver is speaking Korean, Ike is speaking Swedish, Rosemi is speaking French, and Nina is speaking Russian.
Enna:

Kotoka:

Mika:

Ver:

Last edited:

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
Ceci also doing a Gamers Outreach stream as part of Vtuber Summerslam

Last edited:

Lazybug

Punished bug girl lover
Cute Aussie cuuba looking at boomer anime stuff

Confirmed HAG she's 30

Last edited:

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter
Moona just spilled coffee mineral water into her keyboard and now it isn't working.

Een Gevolg

Undead Nurse #1
Early Adopter

Selen top 5!!

No idea about the Gun Run mode since Liquipedia's not showing any results, but they were 12th in the day 1 TDM, and 11th in the day 2 regular customs. It still seemed fun from what I saw, hopefully she gets to be invited to these more often. She's one of those Vtubers that seems to always put a lot on her plate though, so who knows.

I am so late to the party, but EN (and Mika) is having a multilingual goose goose duck game. Enna is speaking Mandarin, Kotoka is speaking Japanese, Mika is speaking Bahasa, Ver is speaking Korean, Ike is speaking Swedish, Rosemi is speaking French, and Nina is speaking Russian.
Enna:

Kotoka:

Mika:

Ver:

This will probably never get a translated clip, but anyone capable of pulling it off while doing a decent enough job would probably be a hero.

Punished Lurker

What the others said to you is true. She's pretty much the same gremlin we knew. However, I can tell she wore her heart on her sleeve more when she was still an indie. I remember watching some of her privated/unarchived streams where she definitely poured her heart out. My memories are starting to fail me but I'll try to recall her charming points as much as I can.

She was one of the biggest VTubers in the PH VTubing scene back in the day. And she was like a beacon amongst a sea of flickering candles. She was a great shitposter and she was pretty outgoing. During her lifetime, she was able to rope in small and large collabs from amongst her fellow PH VTubers. She was able to collab with members from Hololive Indonesia and VTubers from small corpos. Her content back then was catered more towards the PH audience but she had a universal appeal. And her streams often catered to the PH timezone.

In any case, I recommend watching some of her old VODs or videos if you can. There's a lot of gold to be found. I'm quite glad more people appreciate her now considering how much she went through back then.
Thank you so much for the detailed information and the cover. Part of the reason I like her so much is that she seems to be a really kind woman and more open about her life than the usual big corpo Vtuber. I think you are right about her being more reserved now but in her membership posts she seems to at least be a little more honest about what's going on in her life. I know about some of her PL collabs like Holo or other indies because it's not a well guarded secret that she knew them from before. If I manage to find the time I'll try watching some of her old VOD's, luckily she didn't entirely nuke her channel. Do you have any idea if there's an archive or some way of watching those privated or unarchived streams?
Otherwise, she's pretty much the same. Still salty about being single and still bitter about the fact that her audience probably has a better love life than her. She's still the chaotic gremlin we knew back then and her antics (and the consequences of it) are still on brand.
... I'm gonna be honest, I thought her being salty about being single was a bit of exaggerated kayfabe, maybe even sarcasm, didn't know the joke went that far back. From the little I know of her life she really seems to have the weirdest luck stat.

Limkin

Koshien announcement. Very cool. I am sure there is going to be no controversy surrounding event whatsoever

46gumi

Forever Siro's Punching Bag

PekoWick

Calli's new room has a different artist, which means every Holo who had a room by the previous artist (I forget their darn name, but they were called out for mocking Gura's lack of streaming) has moved on and probably wants nothing to do with the old artist. Some bandied form of "unity?" Or maybe they were blacklisted at corporate level for daring to talk ill of Gooba?

Well that's what people are saying anyway
Huh? What are you even trying to say? Using different artist is not that unusual no?

Lazybug

Punished bug girl lover

Well that's unfortunate.

Oh I just remembered isn't she pro Russia ? Wonder how she's coping with the Civil War situation
:SelenHAHAhere:

hololive ruined /jp/

Airi hasn't ever elaborated on the reason she can't leave her black company. When the topic comes up, she just says she's unable to leave at the current time. In the absence of the actual reason, the prevailing rrats have become: 1) her company paid for education and/or training and locked her into a particularly exploitative contract, or 2) her company is facilitating her visa.
visa unlikely, her entire family is in la. Most likely it pays well enough to endure the bullshit. She chooses the job over vtubing fulltime for financial reasons.

Warspite

Tea is just leaf juice。
Early Adopter
FzL6tlOacAAceiU

Huh? What are you even trying to say? Using different artist is not that unusual no?

I'm not saying anything it's just what I've heard. Everyone who had a room by the previous artist now has a new one. IE: Ame switched recently too. But people think there is more to it than just an artist swap, because the previous artist had criticized Gura for a lack of streams. People think there is a common link, like he said X so it's convenient that everyone which had a room designed by him suddenly has a new one.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Oh I just remembered isn't she pro Russia ? Wonder how she's coping with the Civil War situation
:SelenHAHAhere:
Nah she went "well acktually both sides have nazis but ukraine has more so fuck em" early on, i think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom