"You would think that being naked would make things harder"IRyS

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Twitch is adding superchats, the rate is perportedly 70/30 split but it's actually a 65/35 split as there's a 5% service fee on top... Greeeeeeedy little faggots, extra rough for any corpo vtubers who're going to eat a double cut: from twitch -> the cut from their corpo -> then they get the scraps

View attachment 32000

Ahahahahahhahah they wanted more of a cut from Bits so they rewrite the feature entirely so they can justify a new fee structure oh man that's amazing.
I think Schlatt might be right. This might be the first step towards them starting to ban private donation links. They're just stupid enough to do it.
How long until "Due to the Bits feature being made redundant thanks to Hype Chats, the feature will be removed soon." update?
Three months? Six?
I doubt that'll happen to be honest. Too many streamers use specific increments of bits to do certain stuff that there would be a ton of backlash.

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
I think Schlatt might be right. This might be the first step towards them starting to ban private donation links. They're just stupid enough to do it.
And they're definitely stupid enough to try and get that to happen within the next couple of months while all of their current drama is still fresh.

Topo Chico

One of the reasons to stream on twitch was the culture that donations were done through a third party like streamelements that take/took a minimal to no cut of your donation. Now, with bits, superchats, and the updated subscription split twitch is lookin' really weak in comparison to youtube. Youtube suberchats are 70/30 but the user friendly interface (being able to fucking rewind a live stream) and some of the community features like setting your own subscription tiers and community posts really make it look attractive now.

Twitch's zealous drive to become profitable--I can only hope--will be their downfall (it won't)

LISA LIVE, BACK FROM OffKai/vacation

e: she lost her mouse and a mic
e: she was well fed :architect: "how am I supposed to turn down food that I'm not paying for, I can't do that"

Last edited:

Last Of The Mohicans

shopping cart not included
Screenshot_20230622-132618.png

70/30 split confirmed on their blog. And yeah the surcharge means it's even worse for the streamer.

Sh4gg1

yeah...
Early Adopter
Forgot to post it here before and she just finished her stream, but man, seeing a complete newbie tackling Pokemon Red is peak entertainment.

Going to fight Misty with extremely underleveled pokemons when your strongest is a lvl 18 Charmeleon and somehow still winning. :whatastory:

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
HoloEN3 is just lazulight and obsydia but without the fish and penguin (because sea theme is already oversaturated). Selen talking about having multiple new outfits in the work was a code for redesign under new company. And the reason Pomu can't use her home 3D is because she asked for a new model after being poached. And you WILL enjoy double D cup blonde leánnan sídhe (definitely not a fairy, nor an elf)
still mad MYTH has no reps for the Tuatha De Danann the best mythology out there by far guy literally dies like literal actual death no cheats and still manages to kill someone (poking the corpse holding a weapon + gravity) and then the advancing army pauses and runs away because their convinced the corpse will slaughter them all.

I could totally see Pomu being a Silkie or Brownie and dispite the oversaturation of cattoobers Selen would make a decent Cat Sith.

Bug Eater

Twitch is adding superchats, the rate is perportedly 70/30 split but it's actually a 65/35 split as there's a 5% service fee on top... Greeeeeeedy little faggots, extra rough for any corpo vtubers who're going to eat a double cut: from twitch -> the cut from their corpo -> then they get the scraps
Seems like it could be really shitty for large donations, because of the discounts you get when buying bits - eg. 10000 bits costs $126 (after applying 10% discount) which works out at almost an 80/20 split for the streamer. A 65/35 split on the hype chats would basically be like they raised the price of 10k bits by $28.

Limkin

Something about the voice made me a little suspicious about them potentially being 🏳️‍⚧️. But I guess I'm wrong.
If it helps I spent the last 15 minutes scrolling through her twitter and it's full of dusty womb, non-working eggs and "milfs are in demands" jokes from viewers. So unless he is so in-character both physically and mentally that there is virtually no difference, then it's a she. Also I can't believe someone found MILF version of Axel
still mad MYTH has no reps for the Tuatha De Danann the best mythology out there by far guy literally dies like literal actual death no cheats and still manages to kill someone (poking the corpse holding a weapon + gravity) and then the advancing army pauses and runs away because their convinced the corpse will slaughter them all.

I could totally see Pomu being a Silkie or Brownie and dispite the oversaturation of cattoobers Selen would make a decent Cat Sith.
There is offensively little amount of their culture representation in any media. Aside from Fate and Mahoutsukai no one even touches upon it. Despite intense and vast lore and absolutely metal shit happening

God's Strongest Wardog

Wigger Daisenpai Stan
>Be me, Chad Thundercock
>Money Out the Ass perk chosen
>Rich malaise kicks in. Need spice!
>Can't figure out what to do. Sex tourism no longer does it for me. Climbing Mount Everest is for icky tradesmen. Hunting people is too pedestrian these days.
>Go to Rich Dick Con and meet up with old pajeet friend who works for WEF now. He and his son are going to see THE Titanic with some new startup company. They already got some ginger and are looking for one more person to go dutch. I don't know anyone who's seen the Titanic so I agree.
>Pull up to Boston Harbor. Make my way out to the docks where the SS Coffee Sales rests. A bunch of animal looking people are busy at work and screaming at each other. I'm rich so I'm into transhumanism so I dig it. Some twin tailed ditz hands me some paperwork and burbles some babble about signing it. A big headed child wearing the barest of underware starts giving me an impressively professional tour for her age (she's actually very old)
>See the sub on deck.
>Note that it looks like a giant thumb.
>The naked, old child lady introduces me to it's designer. A small bunny woman with an accent as unplaceable as Tommy Wiseau's says "Yeaperino, fellow aquanaut! That's my thub, the Mega Idol! It's made out the finest 3D printed plastic in the world! I've made many a .50 cal rifle using thith particular filament so what's a little water gonna do? It's thealed Gorilla Glue and melted down Jolly Ranchers that were in my purse" as a blue bear vomits over the rails of a non moving ship.
>Don't ask about legality or licensure to create plausible deniability. Give signed papers to the fish in the captain outfit and a cat robot takes out to sea.
>Gilligan's_Island_theme.mp3
>Naked, old child lady runs us through safety protocol. I have a hard time paying attention as some other woman with bumps on her head keeps staring at me like she knows something that I don't. Some kid with red eyes and a red raccoon keep pestering me for snacks. A girl in the chair next to me with the largest hands I've ever seen keeps nodding off and drooling on my swim suit. They're cute so I don't say anything. I'll let my lawyers deal with them when I'm back on land.
>Destination reached
>Rabbit checks systems. She has a SpongeBob joystick for controlling the thub. She flips the fan on to medium setting. She flips off and on the lights an uncomfortable amount of times while squeaking. She nods in approval to those watching on the deck.
>Rabbit has us get into the thub with her and gives us a tour. There are boxes with every type of Cheeto imaginable, two five gallon buckets, and a box fan. She makes us pick out our favorite flavor and look over the instructions on how to use the buckets while she grabs her Tamagotchi out of her purse. "Spared no expense" the fishman says over the intercom as a confused looking dog hammers the viewport shut with 16 penny nails. A witch giggles as she waves a staff and mutters what I'm told over the intercom is a protective spell.
>Literally get kicked off the boat by a swearing fox.
>*sploosh kaboom*
>3 hours of diving down with no updates from the rabbit, only the groans of the thub.
>Get annoyed to the point of kicking the rabbit's seat (I am rich so it is okay)
>Rabbit pops!
>"We've been bamboozled!" says the WEF pajeet "She didn't duck outside to get her Tamagotchi after she told us to all look at the buckets! She pulled the ol' inflatable pilot trick! How could they give their own customers the inflatable pilot?"
>In the total blackness we come to a halt on the ocean floor. A light slowly grows in the view port. It's a jellyfish woman who's saying something but all we can hear is a distant "awawawawawa". Jellyfish looks upset and talks to someone we can't see. The lone walkie talkie next to deflated rabbit chirps up with the voice of some bubblegum blonde.
>"Sorry rich boy but your money is better off funding our coffee and assorted beverage research, idiot!"
>Instinctively reach for my pocket to touch the only thing that's brought me happiness, money, only to find my wallet's gone.
>Light from the jellyfish shows enough wrecked thubs that they've done this at least 20 times already.
>Jellyfish produces comically small hammer and taps the top of the viewport.
>Instant implosion and 5k psi of water crams my whole ass body into one of the five gallon buckets.
>Know they'll get away with it because due to the spectacle all eyes will be on me and no eyes on them.
:koronehappyl:

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter

lakyus

Unicorns are the most oppressed minority
Early Adopter
Amiya will be singing WHATEVER SHE WANTS! soon

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
Valo collab with Rin,Juna,Reimu,Shiki and Kou Tsubame

Rin is not going to stream her POV so here are the other povs

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
When I saw the video to the one Sub channel talking about the design, as much as everyone was having fun meme'ing over the Logitech controller, the material physics was super obvious. Either the viewing glass shattered because it was beyond its depth or the pressure/heating cycle on the carbon fiber failed. Either way, it was going to be a catastrophic implosion. (Considering they did have actual, redundant buoyance control meant, it wasn't at the top or it'd have likely be found.)

If you've ever watched a high-end race car, realize those carbon fiber bodies and parts are given X-ray scans fairly regularly to check for issues. For something like F1, it's after most races. Carbon Fiber is completely unsuited for deep diving (shallow water diving it's probably fine, maybe, but that's a decade of failure analysis needed).

RIP to the unfortunate paying travelers. Rest in pieces to the hubris of the moron CEO. At least, like a good captain, he went down with his ship.

(Oh, and most of the engineering & executive team should face prison sentences. This was criminal negligence.)

Prison sentences but they get years shaved off their time for every 100 feet they can descend in a vessel they design for themselves. Each of them will be chained to a 100lb weight for the submersion test, so if it crumbles to shit even just 30 feet under the surface they're getting dragged to the abyss anyway.

Topo Chico

On the twitch superchat shit there was a live interview about it. Here's the vod:

The second to last question was paraphrasing here: why does the surcharge fees come out of the streamers 70% and not twitch's 30%?
To which this was basically the reply at 27:45, The host summarizes it pretty great, when you have a monopoly you can do whatever you want. But listening to the whole answer is still worth while for broader context. They're moving towards a broader unification of services (sans the way bits work) on how it works on mobile versus web payments where there is a further fee on mobile and they're moving towards including that fee to the creator to pay for on web too.

Last edited:

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
Valo collab with Rin,Juna,Reimu,Shiki and Kou Tsubame

Rin is not going to stream her POV so here are the other povs

One of Rin's weirdly consistent bits is that she will never stream her POV for any big collabs. I respect the commitment to being lazy.
5739282.jpg

Bug Eater

NiceWigg immediately going for the laughing purple dragon as his 1st pick while everyone else was busy grabbing all of the pro players :whatastory:
They are playing with minustempo who is a manager at TSM. Not sure if this is a winning team but it will be fun to watch.
1687460318410.png

Awoogers

One of Rin's weirdly consistent bits is that she will never stream her POV for any big collabs. I respect the commitment to being lazy.
View attachment 32017
shes the bit herself and i love her for that

edit :she also doesnt know what shes doing currently

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥
Okay, I deeply apologize in advance for what very likely counts as cowtipping / making a gay spectacle (which wasn't my intention whatsoever), but come the fuck on.
1687460950478.png1687460821523.png a
1687460895425.png1687460906785.png a
WHAT IS THIS WOMAN'S MAJOR MALFUNCTION?

Awoogers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom