"The Pokemon community? Well fuck them in particular"S.S. Isa

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
I mean, I do feel like a lot of you are conveniently ignoring whatever her health issues are. Maybe she doesn’t want to use whatever it is as an excuse, and that’s why she goes with “I’m super busy” and silence instead of being more straightforward and saying she’s in chemo or whatever, and you can definitely argue about the merits of her approach on that…
But a lot of you are genuinely just baitposting with half-baked rrats just because you know Nolan will bite. This means you are turning the thread into trash at a faster rate than he is purely by volume.

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
@NolanCrush, ask yourself why you're taking this so personally. No-one's saying you can't enjoy Gura's work, and she's big enough and has enough of a support system that a few people shitposting about her on a forum won't affect her in the slightest.

Not everything has to be debate club. Just step away from the computer for a while dude.

Kalion

:)
Love-chan (of Kizuna Ai's agency, if anyone remembers that) is having a "Heroic Live" this weekend.

Archive

If you're a tokusatsu fan or mecha fan, you're going to want to watch this one.

Continuous Retardation

Ame Gosling
Early Adopter
Just like with Ayame, I have no qualms with someone making it so big that they don't even have to hardly work their piss easy job anymore. I love Gura and wish she would communicate better so I can know what to expect to an extent, but as long as she's doing what she wants I couldn't really care less what her schedule is. If people think that these projects are taking up all her time then you are huffing some serious copium. She could make the time to stream if she wanted to do so, but she doesn't. I don't buy that some nebulous medical condition is keeping her from streaming either. She could absolutely find time to stream, but she just doesn't feel like it, and I don't really care. I'll enjoy her whenever she pops up and I will hope that she eventually wants to stream regularly again.

On the flip side going from the people who like her, I can't really understand anybody who seemingly hates her or specifically the vitriol being thrown around surrounding her absence. She's extremely precious and the only yab she has is that she doesn't communicate with her loyal fans. I personally think that's actually rude because it's not like typing a twitter message or member's post is that hard, but that's about the only bad thing I can say about her. Other than that, any attempts to make her into some detestable figure are steeped in a sort of blind retardation just looking for any excuse to shit on her for reasons known only to their sad minds, or it's just braindead trolling. Although taking a stroll through /vt/ will immediately desensitize you to those sorts of things because of how obvious and terrible the troll job is.

Here's Gura contributing to the success of her animation:

@NolanCrush I am not trying to pick on you because there are plenty of people here who are being unironically retarded, but stop replying to this line of posts. You are not going to win anyone over because you are essentially being trolled right now. For instance, you should know by now that Warspite thinks Gura is unironic pedoshit, and no matter how ridiculous I believe that stance is, your posts aren't going over well because you've been out here all night tripping over every bait post in the thread when it comes to Gura. No one is taking anything you say seriously because of it. So either go to sleep or post about stuff you liked and just move on. Even if you wanted to have a legitimate discussion about people's views to try and change them, the way it's going is not working out that way right? So just do a little reset and try not to get super defensive about this stuff.
Gura detective.png
Detective Gura and smol gurame.

UberSoldat

I decided to check what it was. And basically her character can only hit with some kind of butt slam technique.
Ground Slam...................
tf2-scout.gif

Unfortunately, we don't really have enough Niji fans here to have any meaningful conversations about them going on. I have no problem with any of Nijisanji's talents (outside Kyo), but Nijisanji the company makes themselves an easy target with a lot of questionable decisions this past year.
Hana was my gateway vtuber and since then I've stuck with NijiID and later EN. Never got into the JPs because of the language barrier, and avoided Hololive as a whole until Tempus rolled out.

The talents deserve so much more, but they've been dealt a crappy hand unfortunately.

Does anyone here even like Vox? Other than Nolan?
I'd like him more if he stops ignoring his talents as an entertainer.

Last edited:

Short

God Damn the Sun
Chinchilla in 10 minutes!!!

Last edited:

bothyourhouses

Does anyone here even like Vox? Other than Nolan?
He's fine. I wouldn't say he's my favourite or anything but as male vtubers go he's honestly not bad.
Also, I know the shoes they wear are boats but fucking carpet flooring? I was hoping for hard rubber at the least. Gura, stream more so they can put hardwood in!
For a studio they'll want to minimise echoes so hard surfaces are a no-no.

Saturnus

haha it's unou
I don't come here for the same three low-hanging quips about Niji seemingly 80% of the time they're mentioned
This forum is just like Reddit in a way. Beating the same joke into a vapor and then huffing the vapor to get a nice high off the upvotes Winner stickers.
Unfortunately, we don't really have enough Niji fans here to have any meaningful conversations about them going on. I have no problem with any of Nijisanji's talents (outside Kyo), but Nijisanji the company makes themselves an easy target with a lot of questionable decisions this past year.
I would engage more in trying to discuss my Nijisanji oshis here and shill their streams but I find liveposting by myself to be cringe. If you want Nijisanji fans to have meaningful discussions with go and find something neat from one of their streams to talk about (that isn't low hanging fruit drama). Most of the pre-established Nijifriends here would probably engage. I'm probably the most terminally online of them here to be able to discuss whatever.

I think you're getting a little to upset about what others are saying about your oshi. Maybe you should go out side and smell the roses for a bit.
Ohio has a chemical spill every other week, touching grass would probably chemically burn and/or poison him.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
I mean, I do feel like a lot of you are conveniently ignoring whatever her health issues are. Maybe she doesn’t want to use whatever it is as an excuse, and that’s why she goes with “I’m super busy” and silence instead of being more straightforward and saying she’s in chemo or whatever, and you can definitely argue about the merits of her approach on that…
And that's fine and all, but how you choose to communicate is going to have pros and cons. And when you aren't upfront and honest with your audience when your job is is a massively public figure, the downside is you have to put up with people filling in the gaps you leave in your story with assumptions and rumors. Gura isn't special in that regard. I mean, look at Pomu. She got her fucking tits cut off as a cancer precaution for gods sake. And she was communicative and engaging with her fans even during her 'break'. A little bit of Twitter interaction doesn't take that much effort.
Hell, Ina has had plenty of health issues (including her goddamn retina detaching lately) and even if she isn't telling us everything, she's at least talking regularly with her fans.
But a lot of you are genuinely just baitposting with half-baked rrats just because you know Nolan will bite. This means you are turning the thread into trash at a faster rate than he is purely by volume.
Gura isn't some sacred damn cow. We talk shit about everything and everyone here, even our OWN sacred cow Pippa. I'm not going to pull punches just because bad talking Gura might send Nolan into an autistic flailing rage
I would engage more in trying to discuss my Nijisanji oshis here and shill their streams but I find liveposting by myself to be cringe. If you want Nijisanji fans to have meaningful discussions with go and find something neat from one of their streams to talk about (that isn't low hanging fruit drama). Most of the pre-established Nijifriends here would probably engage. I'm probably the most terminally online of them here to be able to discuss whatever.
Man, I wish we had more Niji posters, honestly. I think most people here like SOME Niji talent for the most part. It's just not our main watches, so they end up taking up the backburner unless no one else is on.

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥

100% not Hakka

Don't tell Yagoo

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
Do we know what Mari looks like?
From what she's said:
  • Short
  • Flat compared to her mother
  • Likes wearing gothic lolita fashion
  • Has a notable tooth gap
  • Has dinosaur posture due to bone issues
That's the day Pippa raided her on Twitch, so I guess that checks out.

I can't archive this since her account's private, but we have a Rye (not-Yuko) update.
View attachment 31662
The quoted tweet:

Archive

Looks like
signal-2023-06-17-170204_003.jpeg
Even
signal-2023-06-17-170204_002.jpeg
In the background of the first pic

God's Strongest Dragoon

If you want to whine and spam MATI or Dumb to confirm you're coping and seething, you can go right ahead as well.
1687327740418.png

Thank you for the confirmation

Now to get back on topic, Sayu is talking about Offkai and other random shit

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

46gumi

Forever Siro's Punching Bag
Idol Showdown is included in this years CEOtaku lineup

CEOtaku is the anime FG version of CEO which is one of the biggest Fighting Game tournaments (second only to EVO afaik)

Pretty good for a free indie game involving VTubers.

Spergatory

Early Adopter
I have no idea if this is legit, but I found it while diving the archives earlier today.
I regret looking at that last picture. Why the fuck would you do that to your toenails? :ewww:

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
I have no idea if this is legit, but I found it while diving the archives earlier today.
It lines up. Not sure where they sourced that from though that vid looks to be a tiktok. If it is
what a handsome young lad

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
Man, I wish we had more Niji posters, honestly. I think most people here like SOME Niji talent for the most part. It's just not our main watches, so they end up taking up the backburner unless no one else is on.

I watch Niji more frequently than Holo, I just don't livepost about it or shill streams that often because I presume some level of functionality to find them for yourselves and the majority of the time I'm sitting through streams while working on something else or otherwise indisposed.

Reminder that Nolan will only fuck the finest of women, of course.

The humour of trying to punch way outside of his league.

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
I don't know who these people are but apparently they randomly played Pippa's cover of Rama Rama (possible connection to Rackets from what I gather):

Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom