"I want to fart. Thank you, farting is healthy"Kobo Kanaeru

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drosselmeyer

Tick Tock Tee
View attachment 28910

On notRiffu, hopefully she decides to lay low until her non-compete runs out. I don't necessarily think poorly on her and I'm willing to chalk this up to "woman moment", but I have a feeling if this tit for tat keeps going on its not going to end well for her.
Despite what Riifu has heavily implied, according to EIEN per their recent statement: "We do not have a non-compete clause in our contract."

Edit:
That's part of the issue though. This update from EIEN explicitly claims she is not under a non-compete. Meanwhile, whatever one thinks of Riifu, the one thing she has consistently claimed or stIrongly implied is that she is under a non-compete. I don't think EIEN can lie about this, as that would be handing Riifu legal ammo.
I don't think she has ever explicitly stated she was bound by a non-compete clause. I believe that she has alluded to not being able to stream due to legal reasons and fear of repercussions from EIEN, which would understandably lead one to think that she was under a non-compete.

Last edited:

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter

Kourai

Not pictured: the will to live
Early Adopter
Archivist
In these two shorts cotton candy wolf shows her lack of understanding of the male genitalia
In this one she says she learned that men can dip their sack in something to taste it

She's technically not wrong.
1685929241397.png
TL;DR - Taste receptors are chemical receptors, and the testes have some of the same receptors as the tongue. Whether this is entirely for the benefit of the cells in the testis, or whether the brain can actually process signals from there as taste, I do not know. If anyone feels compelled to test this empirically, please bear in mind that this forum may not be the appropriate platform for sharing your scientific findings.

Don't mind me, just compiling covers of the song that has been stuck in my head for 2 weeks:

(Ollie's is the best)

(Matsuri's is second best)

Mash-up:

Ollie's vocals are the most distinct, but it bothers me that her toaster isn't in time with the castanets or any beat my musically-ignorant self can detect.

Man, the way this year has been going, yes, many of us did. It's just how things have been. You see that agency posting one of those images with the black text on a white background and you assume the worst.

But at least in my case, I read the text and thought about it a bit and realized it didn't add up with what we'd see for a suspension and calmed donw a little.
Is this you?
1685929992011.png
The original was posted in this thread before but I don't have that on hand.
I thought this drama was already over.

Tl;dr: Riifu was disrespectful and unprofessional, breaking contract rules multiple times and spreading, by EIEN's words, false info on the company and their actions regarding Riifu. They won't share any more details, but have evidence necessary if the situation worsens.

The original termination notice did say "we ask that you give us time before we share additional details". I wasn't expecting them to actually do it. Whether they were always going to do so, or whether they were spurred by slowly-multiplying rrats fed by Riifu's Discord, I'm not sure. The third page is definitely a direct shot at the prevailing rrats. I'll wait for a bit before firing off my uninformed takes.

On notRiffu, hopefully she decides to lay low until her non-compete runs out. I don't necessarily think poorly on her and I'm willing to chalk this up to "woman moment", but I have a feeling if this tit for tat keeps going on its not going to end well for her.
That's part of the issue though. This update from EIEN explicitly claims she is not under a non-compete. Meanwhile, whatever one thinks of Riifu, the one thing she has consistently claimed or strongly implied is that she is under a non-compete. I don't think EIEN can lie about this, as that would be handing Riifu legal ammo.

Given the choice between believing the woman or the Hebrews, I'm leaning toward the latter.
The Hebrews are the other explosive small-corp down the road, unless I missed something.

Last edited:

Topo Chico

Shiina just said that the prize for the meme contest will be signed stands, not just the normal stands if you choose the stands for the prize

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
Did Idol Showdown just fall off the face of the earth? It was everywhere, then nothing.

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
Wish'n I could submit an EIEN meme to Shiina's contest about now :smugselen:

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
Aussie mech pilot Jets is playing Armored Core 3

DelusionTree

Early Adopter
Dizzy has put up her rooms for the week, and one caught my eye.
View attachment 28911
Looks like she's going to dish about her time working as a manager. I imagine this will be a fascinating stream.

While it probably won't happen, I really hope she gets into some of the Tsunderia dirty secrets even if she doesn't mention any specific person by name.
There is the hint that she was somehow legally fucked over by them and might have something to do with not having her name/model from that time.

IdenticalPlateaus

Did Idol Showdown just fall off the face of the earth? It was everywhere, then nothing.
Welcome to niche fighting games? It's well made but it doesn't seem like the kind of game that is going to have competitive legs.

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
Shiina just said that the prize for the meme contest will be signed stands, not just the normal stands if you choose the stands for the prize
For the record, I have entered the contest and will blend Dizzy's stand if I win, filmed, as per her request

FoxBearGranma

__ __ / \.-"""-./ \ \ - - / |
I thought this drama was already over.

Tl;dr: Riifu was disrespectful and unprofessional, breaking contract rules multiple times and spreading, by EIEN's words, false info on the company and their actions regarding Riifu. They won't share any more details, but have evidence necessary if the situation worsens.

They say they will buy games for you and if that's the case them retaining game accounts makes sense, but I wonder if this was either improperly stated initially and she bought games before she knew or if she just didn't bother reading the contract closely enough (which I'm pretty sure she admitted to).

On the NDA however I can't think of a reason to lie about that especially if she has a lawyer on retainer at the moment. One of them has to be lying so now it's time to eagerly wait for her response. :smugmoona:

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
It had to deal with unfortunate timing because Street Fighter 6 just came out and almost every fighting game autist is on it. Even Korone and Oga have had a few streams and more Holos will be playing it later on.

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist

niggaphil

capsule_616x353.jpg

I think every fighting fans are playing this right now instead of idol showdown

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
It had to deal with unfortunate timing because Street Fighter 6 just came out and almost every fighting game autist is on it. Even Korone and Oga have had a few streams and more Holos will be playing it later on.
Street Figher 6 is good content, plenty to do, create a custom fighter with your favorite moves, more fighters in the future, I would argue that it's going to be the hottest fighting game around until Tekken 8 launches

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
Live from Hololive Los Angeles, it's Orange Woman

God's Strongest Dragoon

That's part of the issue though. This update from EIEN explicitly claims she is not under a non-compete. Meanwhile, whatever one thinks of Riifu, the one thing she has consistently claimed or strongly implied is that she is under a non-compete. I don't think EIEN can lie about this, as that would be handing Riifu legal ammo.
I think it might just be another woman moment of her being retarded and thinks the non-compete has to do with the Riifu model.
It was just a trend game. Until there's actual tournaments (unlikely), it won't have longevity. Additionally Street Fighter 6 just came out so the whole FGC is occupied with that.

Negzana

I hope there is an update to Idol Showdown in the downtime after Tekken/SF so it gains traction again. It's a beautiful looking game and has a lot of love put into it.

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
Just starting!

OOOOOH, I was so very close to being clocked again

Anyway I got Panko'd when I clicked on it

pank.png

VTuberThrow

Thank God I've avoided EIEN because this drama seems toxic as hell. Only one I even knew existed was Riifu thanks to /vt/ tribalfagging between her and Fauna
Killia and Skye at least are fairly cute and wholesome last I watched them. I don't think there has been any drama with them yet.

Fighting games tend to fall off insanely quick already. I imagine this is even more so the case for something as niche as Idol Showdown. It'll probably have a few side tournaments at least though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom