"Chat listen I'm a fuckin loser human being chat, and you're probably better than me, which means you're probably better off than me right now, BUT if you're not better off than me right now then you know what? Let me serve as motivation to you that IF even an idiot like me can fucking make it so can you."Pipkin Pippa

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
Companies being cocksuckers as usual. It seems like such a fucking nightmare to deal with, I might just stay indie and hope to become big enough that I can be the next brain dead leech orbiter mooching off the success of bigger streamers that decide to interact with me for whatever reason.

Seriously sucks though, I wonder what the actual reason is, because I'm sure it's some bullshit.
The law applies to a company differently than a person, and a big part of it is that if you're a corpo, if you get sued you can't even represent yourself like a person can, so you have to hire representation in the USA. There's actually a whole industry of lawsuits that target random LLCs made by randos so that the settlement is less than the fees to fight it, so it's basically better to pay it off than contest it. This isn't even limited to legal shit, as taxation on commercial space is often double that of residential, all services like internet and electricity are double, and so on. Want to start a business? Get raped, and the "civil servants" will openly tell you to get fucked whenever you contest their bullshit.

Reality is a nightmare of stupidity.

Kazuma

Early Adopter

uquusquad

creator, innovator, artist, idea
Early Adopter
I see that @Depressed Nousagi has gotten his own title, does that mean he is verified @The Proctor or is he still just a melanated larper ?
[...]
The fact that they received a salary from Cover suggests either two things; one--Cover was just covering for their asses because they were still unmonetized. Or two--cover does give a base salary. The latter has long been assumed to be the case, thus why a lot of people believe Cover gives a base salary.
"The fact that they received a salary from Cover suggests either two things[...]", this is not a fact!
The context strongly implies that they do not get a "salary". The proper term ought to be something like commission, the vtuber just use these words interchangeably. They get the money from cover, because cover owns their channel, so susan sends the super chat money into yagoos bank account first, cover takes its cut, their finance deducts taxes and then sends the rest to the talent. Them giving a base salary is pure speculation.

Last edited:

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
The law applies to a company differently than a person, and a big part of it is that if you're a corpo, if you get sued you can't even represent yourself like a person can, so you have to hire representation in the USA. There's actually a whole industry of lawsuits that target random LLCs made by randos so that the settlement is less than the fees to fight it, so it's basically better to pay it off than contest it. This isn't even limited to legal shit, as taxation on commercial space is often double that of residential, all services like internet and electricity are double, and so on. Want to start a business? Get raped.

Reality is a nightmare of stupidity.

I get that for the most part, but the issue that deals with Vesper and XCom is that unless I'm misremembering, he went to make sure specifically they could get the permissions for the game, they did manage to secure them but now they've just apparently been revoked. I'm wondering what the fuck is wrong with 2K to give the thumbs up but then just change their mind, like what was the 'actually nevermind' trigger.

White Stone

A literal white stone
Early Adopter
I wonder if this means that Fauna won't be able to stream CIV5 any more.

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
I get that for the most part, but the issue that deals with Vesper and XCom is that unless I'm misremembering, he went to make sure specifically they could get the permissions for the game, they did manage to secure them but now they've just apparently been revoked. I'm wondering what the fuck is wrong with 2K to give the thumbs up but then just change their mind, like what was the 'actually nevermind' trigger.
Whatever it is, it's probably far more retarded than you think. I'm just surprised management isn't setting up a bigger thing as contrarian position and a value added to the talent.

Todd's Strongest Howard

Early Adopter
Whatever it is, it's probably far more retarded than you think. I'm just surprised management isn't setting up a bigger thing as contrarian position and a value added to the talent.

I don't know, I can get pretty retarded.

2K granted permissions originally because they wanted to get more attention on the game so they might get an uptick of sales on a title that has largely hit the majority of the audience that's already interested, but when they heard Vesper wanted to do a 24 hour stream and that he could more or less finish the game inside of a day they retracted rights because they didn't see the point in allowing the entire game to be broadcast for free.

Renmai

Shiori, what the fuck are you talking about?
Early Adopter
The Kronii rage/disconnect was comedic genius timing.

MornLurker

Asylum's lurker
Early Adopter
I don't know, I can get pretty retarded.

2K granted permissions originally because they wanted to get more attention on the game so they might get an uptick of sales on a title that has largely hit the majority of the audience that's already interested, but when they heard Vesper wanted to do a 24 hour stream and that he could more or less finish the game inside of a day they retracted rights because they didn't see the point in allowing the entire game to be broadcast for free.

From the publisher's pov this seems pretty likely because they hate losing profits from game sales (lmao) but man I feel bad for Vesper cause it seems like he's been looking forward to streaming it for a while already
Not a good look for 2K either way because revoking it at the last minute makes you look like a scumbag

Edit: Update, granpire is switching to play Factorio instead

HOLYSHIT IT'S HAPPENING FOR REAL THIS TIME?

Last edited:

Todd's Strongest Howard

Early Adopter
From the publisher's pov this seems pretty likely because they hate losing profits from game sales (lmao) but man I feel bad for Vesper cause it seems like he's been looking forward to streaming it for a while already
Not a good look for 2K either way because revoking it at the last minute makes you look like a scumbag

2K being a shitty company? What a shocker, didn't see it coming.

46gumi

Forever Siro's Punching Bag
Grampire will do a Factorio endurance instead.

Edit:

Finally the Selen and Ollie Collab will happen with Zeta as well!

Edit 2:

Damn. Got ninja'd twice in a row lmao.

Last edited:

The Nousagi

Schizophrenic Menhera
Lugubrious Lepus

Cope and seethe, Nene's Husband, you absolute fucking cuck. :cool:

Edit: Ninja-ed too lmao

Edit 2: Now we wait for Area 15 and Millie. Kinda curious if Zeta would also collab with her oshi. Though, being a man and from the other tribe would probably make things difficult for her.

Last edited:

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
holy fuck you speds need to learn to fucking read up 2-3 posts before submitting new info how the fuck do you even manage to have three posts in a row all repeating the exact same information THIS IS WHY I DRINK

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)
Uto birthday with new short hair and now handcam cake making

Last edited:

Todd's Strongest Howard

Early Adopter
There is literally no excuse for Pomu/Kiara to not happen now other than one of the two lying about how much they like each other.

Random_Cultist

Nominal Lurker
Early Adopter
holy fuck you speds need to learn to fucking read up 2-3 posts before submitting new info how the fuck do you even manage to have three posts in a row all repeating the exact same information THIS IS WHY I DRINK
Not the worst case I've ever seen, at least it isn't people ignoring a modpost telling them to stop their bullshit. That's always funny.

The Nousagi

Schizophrenic Menhera
Lugubrious Lepus

Blueboy discussing how the collab process worked. Seems pretty interesting, considering that both seemed to have no idea why they can't collab in the first place, and that their managers were apparently 'fighting' for the collab to go through. 'Fighting' could mean a lot of things in this context, but I don't want to be the one to breed those rrats lmfao.

Aliepheese

I like to watch.
Early Adopter
HOLYSHIT IT'S HAPPENING FOR REAL THIS TIME?

Blueboy discussing how the collab process worked. Seems pretty interesting, considering that both seemed to have no idea why they can't collab in the first place, and that their managers were apparently 'fighting' for the collab to go through. 'Fighting' could mean a lot of things in this context, but I don't want to be the one to breed those rrats lmfao.

I'm curious how the timeline of this collabs went, Regis made it sounds in his latest zatsu that he and Alban had to really get stubborn with management to get their collab to happen but didn't now if it would affect anyone also ability to collab, I wonder if

A. The collab ban was already going to be lifted for this and they went might as well let them

B. Regis and Alban collab lifted broke the wall and Ollie/Sellen used the opportunity to say there NO reason they shouldn't be able to collab now.

Either way now the ball is on Pomutori's court to get that collab goin, and if it doesn't happen it's gonna be something Sus going on.

AyoTempus

DoctorGladiatorAssassinHeroLobsterTempuraEater
Early Adopter
Hey, so did you know Grandpire lost XCOM perms and will be playing Factorio instead? Gosh that just sucks don't it? I wonder what the reason is for losing perms?

OH OH OH OH OH! Did you KNOW that Ollie, Zeta, AND SELEN FROM NOT HOLOLIVE are collabing too!? GOSH GOLLY WOWZERS I CAN'T BELIEVE IT CAN YOU!?!?!

Hey, can you hold this for me Proctor-San?

d0af84d3ff9ebbfc58e802698296d8d8.jpg

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
homemade wine, you are my savior in these dark and evil times

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom