"This is how I know you've never pleasured a woman, oHoHOhoHo, you think that every fluid that comes out of a vagina is piss, oHoHOhaHAH!"Kirschey

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

Aliepheese

I like to watch.
Early Adopter
Can anyone here using groomcord confirm if this happens?

View attachment 2640
TL: is a really weird bug which makes the keys stop working as intended, and instead makes them work as commands, for example pressing E opens the file explorer.

First that doesn't sound like a Discord bug but a windows bug, and second according to some other comments I read this was a a problem with GTA5 having a in game Discord integration (for GTA online) and not something specific to Discord, but I have no confirmation of this either.

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎

Gintoki

White Yaksha
Early Adopter

Moomers doing guerilla karaoke in 20 minutes.

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter

Moomers doing guerilla karaoke in 20 minutes.

Frick, during a members only IRyS song-learning stream too. Her vocal warmups were frickin adorable, but hers is going to be archived and Mumei's isn't.

DaddyChill

What the hell is even that!
Early Adopter

The Nousagi

Schizophrenic Menhera
Lugubrious Lepus
The info you provided is pretty neat, but this clip does not confirm that hololive gives a base salary. In it she talked about how cover takes a protection fee and how Susan takes a cut, so her salary referred to the money she earned from YouTube ,not a salary given by cover.
Just think about it logically the stream where she talked about it was on the first of April 2020. She claimed that she had just gotten her "first salary"- "FIRST salary". She debuted on the 28 December 2019 . So if cover provided a base salary, why did they not pay her for 2 months? It could be that they are just an evil black company, but if they are why would they provide a base salary at all? Ockham suggest that they simply do not give one.
Coco wasn't approved for monetization during her first month. Kanata wasn't either, during which they needed to wait an additional 30 days to wait so they can reapply for the monetization--that explains why it took them so long to get her "Actual" salary, which is when she was showered with superchats and received a grand total of 8 million yen~ when she got monetized.

The fact that they received a salary from Cover suggests either two things; one--Cover was just covering for their asses because they were still unmonetized. Or two--cover does give a base salary. The latter has long been assumed to be the case, thus why a lot of people believe Cover gives a base salary.

Edit:: Don't have the source anymore, but I'm too lazy to find it. There was a clip where Coco mentioned how much she received during that time, and if IIRC it was actually lower than the minimum wage in Japan, so that's where people got the enforcement that they did get a base salary.

Edit 2: It's important to note that these informations might be outdated now. Cover and Ichikara may have changed their revenue splits or completely removed the whole base salary thing.

Last edited:

Faceless Waifu

prompt: 1girl, solo, faceless
Early Adopter
All those Pippa sadpost and "Sakana bad, remove sakana from premises" post along with the tourguides graduation stuff (and roommate post), HoloMyth/Tempus collab + kronii rage quit and other stuff, it just zips past through because I touched some grass (in STALKER Anomaly). There's not much to discuss about anyway regarding Nijisanjis apart of the upcoming Alban/Ragus unity collab which gonna happen soon along with Hana Macchia 3D in 21st, so all I can share is the clip from someone who keep trying to set up a parallel universe where Jerma895 collabed with Niji vtubers.

Oh, and someone who liked Furen E Lustario from Nijisanji JP so well that they clipped a 1hour long stream of her and her fellow NijiJP vtuber/genmate Ibrahim regarding questions between each other. It's also the same guy who clipped Nui Sociere's thoughts regarding her interaction during NijiFes that was shared here a while back (and the homeland)

Speaking about that, homeland is having issues, from the looks of it. Can't access it atm.

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter
The fact that they received a salary from Cover suggests either two things; one--Cover was just covering for their asses because they were still unmonetized. Or two--cover does give a base salary. The latter has long been assumed to be the case, thus why a lot of people believe Cover gives a base salary.
hey look at that, the video topic just right there. "The logistics of being a vtuber". As long as you dont have aversion to Tyler McVicker amount of speculation ofc

Zapan1984

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
hey look at that, the video topic just right there. "The logistics of being a vtuber". As long as you dont have aversion to Tyler McVicker amount of speculation ofc
I think he already talked about this in some video of his, but i don't remember which one. A good video idea would be "Vtuber lingo and where does it come from" and explain all of the weird expressions and traditions in the community and you can include some internet history in there too.
In his streams i have seen a fair few people asking why everyone is talking about rats which is pretty fucking hilarious. Can't wait until your parents ask you what an "oushee" and a "Satsoudan" are.

The Nousagi

Schizophrenic Menhera
Lugubrious Lepus
Unrelated to the whole Cover salary thing (which i kinda don't wanna talk about anymore)--but didn't Twitch remove their whole exclusivity thing for most streamers where they weren't allowed to stream on other platforms? Has any VTuber that originally streamed exclusively on Twitch turn to streaming on both YouTube and Twitch regularly? I know Ironmouse and Shylily did it, but something tells me those were just a one-time thing. Kson, Roboco, Selen, and other corpos are doing it, but I just wanted to get a grasp on VTuber's consensus on which site is better for them.

Edit: grammar and specificity

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter
yea but thats how you invite retards that cant lurk for shit

thequ1eteye

Early Adopter
Kaela is treating hololive like a ordinary job, with just the streaming hours:

Svarog

Saviorfag
Early Adopter
These women should be sterilized by government mandate, i shudder to imagine what a child created and then raised by such a person would turn out like.
The only thing wrong with eugenics is that it didn't take off.
She is learned her lesson ^_^

Here as i haven't seen it posted, yet (and first post so forgive me for formating error)
Roboco's younger cat Nyuto passed away and she will take a break until mid Nov.

What's next? Back problems and graduation in July?

Kaela is treating hololive like a ordinary job, with just the streaming hours:

7,8 hours a day, that girl fkng mad.

MornLurker

Asylum's lurker
Early Adopter
Hold up how did they "lose" a streaming perms

Also the full schedule for the Tempus twitch debut marathon is here

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
IRyS going over the AI Art issue right now (in a members stream, she'll have to go over it again publicly), basically the typical, "It's cool, but it's controversial, don't put it in the art tag, etc."

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎

Also the full schedule for the Tempus twitch debut marathon is here

Well, if you get a strike or two you can't stream at all, which is why Rackets isn't on Youtube as he can't stream while members on his channel are being charged. It's why he encourages people not to be members on Youtube as he can't even make a community post to inform them of the bullshit if he has too many strikes.

There's also game companies, with Japan being the worst when it comes to letting you stream their games. For a long time, up until recently, if you wanted to stream a Nintendo game, you had to pay them a fee or you'd be DMCA'ed to hell because the Japanese are autistic with copywrite and they don't believe in fair use. It's one of the things a corp has to deal with, getting all the bullshit licenses that indies don't need to get.

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter

Companies being cocksuckers as usual. It seems like such a fucking nightmare to deal with, I might just stay indie and hope to become big enough that I can be the next brain dead leech orbiter mooching off the success of bigger streamers that decide to interact with me for whatever reason.

Seriously sucks though, I wonder what the actual reason is, because I'm sure it's some bullshit.

lakyus

Unicorns are the most oppressed minority
Early Adopter
Spooder hijack lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom