"What's an orifice?"IRyS

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

God's Strongest Dragoon

What's a "friend manager"?
Pretty much a manager whose primary job is to deal with the sad girls doing the sad girls shit and listen to them vent. Basically their job is to help them cope so they don't have a PEAK WOMAN MOMENT and that they're at least somewhat functional so they can stream. It's like how trying to deal with a child as a single parent is a shitshow. It's better to have someone whose job it is to be their friend like another parent to balance out the deadbeat dad Fishman casually doling out callous remarks that trigger his retarded teen daughters. It's unironically one of the smartest decisions Fishman has ever made as it was pretty apparent that these deranged psych ward outpatients can't be managed by most men, let alone the Canadian Chink who just wants to play League.

Last edited:

electronic elephant

"I am uncontrollable. I cannot be managed."—Vesper
Early Adopter

Elite Miko

Early Adopter
Lol, just learned Ame gives Bubba fucked up hair cuts.

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter

Jimmy Fenicks

I remember this.
If you listen very carefully you can tell Gura actually said "KFP" but the noisy environment and garbage vr mics cut out part of it.
That makes a lot of sense. I got confused because of Kiara's reaction. I thinks she heard it as "keeki" as well but now when I replay it, I can only hear 'kfp'.

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population
Wow what if there was clip mentioning that.... oh here's one how weird.... along with other antics of the Phase Aliases second most subscribed talent...

Remi is in the hospital half the month so at that point her buying games with that money helps her recovery, lmao such a brat and dizzy being a bro trying to help her.

God's Strongest Wardog

Wigger Daisenpai Stan
Oh look Uki sliding into a girls collab again unprompted.
tbf, if it was a male you guys liked joining, you wouldn’t mind
Yes, that's the point. Uki is an unlikable pole smoker with no fucking personality, and him jumping in on collabs between the various girls just reads like him passively seeking attention and acknowledgement. Guy straight up joins the VC just to start backseating on how to play the game and has nothing else to contribute then vanishes.
If Uki wasn't constantly three degrees from spontaneously combusting over how much of a flaming femboy he is, I'd suspect he's doing the male feminist trick of pretending to be gay as to not scare away prey. It'd explain why he's always butting into all girl collabs.
Ah yes, June 2nd, the famous holiday of, uh... let me check my notes...

Second last day of Single Black Parents week.

I believe it.

e:
>It's also International Sex Worker Day

View attachment 28598
Wait until it's Juneteenf, when Kyo will be at his strongest.
With how you guys can read so much from anything, you'd think you'd be able to read how much of a loser you are
English, weatherhacker, do you speak it?

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

fishman is actually such a fucking nerd that he might've just hired these bitches to play league, according to lumi there's already 8 people who play league in phase

And the saddest part of this all is that in Clown World it has turned out to be an objectively superior business strategy than nearly every other small company besides the one with Jew Gold backing it.

Remember when people thought Idol was a ponzi scheme

I member

Sometimes the stars align enough to turn someone's retardation into gold, his blueprint was to be like holo but once he saw what he hired and came to terms with his eye for sad women, he decided to roll with it and aside from the coffee merch the man seems to be a competent businessman. I am insanely curious about phase internal numbers though, I doubt they're in the green at all but by the looks of it they must be doing great within their projections that there's talks of gen4 even before 3 is out. I hope to god he doesn't fuck it up.

That was before the posts detailing, to put it generously, Aviel going to the razor's edge between hyping up his company and defrauding Israeli government tech grants and investors with talk of his corpo being some kind of do-all tech/vr company.
But now he seems to be making money and only broke losers who don't get returns are ever hit with fraud crimes.

Speaking of small corpos in general, I don't understand how so many drive themselves to insolvency so quickly in many cases.
The idea should have extremely low operating costs if there is only a handful of talent. These kinds of companies should be able to run for a very long time even if they don't have a lot of growth.

I think the numbers are in the green. He's doing well enough money to hire multiple talent managers, including a friend manager (does this role even exist outside of Phase Connect?), and if you want to numberfag, Pippa is occasionally among the highest-grossing vtubers for the day, and I occasionally see other talents crack top fifty highest-grossing for the day too.

There's a chance that they're in the green since the operational costs should be low considering the staff we know are working but when you include merch, handling, marketing and projects all of that would eat up a lot of money. Right now they're going hard in music production, they have something big planned for offkai according to one of the girls(can't remember who said it) and they're working on gen3's models and debuts with all of that going I highly doubt they're making a profit, they're at least breaking even to still going and expanding. Or fishman is burning a lot of money in the hopes of selling the company to some sucker and fuck off into the sunset but so far it all points into the direction of him growing the business responsibly or at least competently.

On Phase in general, given what information is around for ~500 CCV English streamers & revenue, each of the girls should be generating Net Revenue in the 100k per year already. Pippa might already be worth 7 figures. The new Gen will probably be Net Profitable after the first month, accounting for pre-launch costs. The power of getting any traction (or having advertising) does that. Phase is definitely in the green, but fishman has been rolling profits back into development. Which is the right play.

A Vtuber agency that gets at least one Vtuber to pop off is long-term viable, as long as the platform costs currently stay low. (Well, if its English speaking.) The issue is that you have to run the business as a business. Paralleling the 2010s eSport industry, however, it's also pretty clear we're in the era where it clearly attracts those not in it for actually making a viable business. The one note is that Startup Costs are going to skyrocket in the industry. While not actually a "mature" industry, Cover and Nijisanji are run by professionals with actual business experience and rapidly moved into more developed stages of an industry.

Phase can keep growing as long as they don't overleverage or take on too much debt to expand. It's not an industry where "blitzscaling" is viable. You have to actually build up a networked fanbase. That takes time and investment, not necessarily money.

View attachment 28592

sorry, you’re not my type

I haven't laughed this hard at anything in a while. Thank you, TVA.

gotta respect Mori producing so much music by how it sounds. Like I don't like her music (waste of a good voice) but she gets it produced on time.
Part of her already being heavily involved in the industry, pre-Hololive, is she knows the ropes a lot better. Depending structures & workflows, simply having a network of people you know can turn around Mixing, Mastering or general Production on a reasonable time scale is extremely valuable. There's a reason the quote about "80% of life is just showing up" has resonance. You can get a lot of work in whatever industry you're in by simply being clear on deadlines and making them. Trust is a very useful commodity.

One of the girls, can't remember who, said "She's basically a free psychiatrist."
While called a "friend manager", I'm guessing Fishman watches a number of sports? Because this has been a trend for a decade, at least, in the "sports development" space. Has different names. "Sports Psychologist" or "Performance Coach" or "Life Coach". Someone to manage the mental states of Publicly Performing Talents, not their technical work states.

Or Fishman has just hired an actual Handler associated with the training ground for them out of Toronto. Most of the ones that handle celebrities are associated with some Toronto psychological research facility.

kushami tasukaru

Early Adopter
VSpo's sexy rep Yakumo Beni on speaking sexy.

Also the clipper confirmed the 3D live can't be clipped due to the song at the end.

Propro/Merlett's Sakuya Azusa continuing her Ring Fit Adventure at 5PM JST.

Edit: Matsuri's 5th year anniversary totsu cancelled because she's not feeling well.

Last edited:

UberSoldat

Christ, I know she's mentally ill, but how hard is it for mother fuckers to not overshare personal information on the Internet? I highly disagree with the idea of Fishman trying to get her in Phase at this point, but given this last week or so with her, she needs to hire a professional wrangler or someone to approve/deny shit she wants to post to the Internet.
I have to imagine that in her situation, bottling up all those feelings with no way of confronting and dealing with them is not a viable solution, not that I think it's a good idea to TMI to begin with. Bad mental health erodes the logical part of your brain after all.

Oh look Uki sliding into a girls collab again unprompted.
Not a fan of the overly gay males. That said I would take Aster over Uki any day of the week. Uki's voice is just so monotone, soft and emotionless that it bores me to hell. Its almost as if he doesnt enjoy streaming and someone is forcing him to be there. Aster is way more upbeat and he seems to enjoy what he does.
If Uki wasn't constantly three degrees from spontaneously combusting over how much of a flaming femboy he is, I'd suspect he's doing the male feminist trick of pretending to be gay as to not scare away prey. It'd explain why he's always butting into all girl collabs.
Holy shit, is this the third time now, and so soon after the second? I've mentioned before in the morgue thread that a common complaint from his viewers is a large amount of dead air, especially in collabs. I'm surprised he's still in Niji, and wasn't he buddies with Elira's PL, or at least knew her before Niji?

Limkin

It's somewhat off-topic, but after Neal took over YT the overall experience became so much better. Could be just a coincidence, but I get recommended videos and people I would actually be interested in watching (mostly vtubers and asmr) and not getting late night talk shows or fleshtuber whores shoved into my face. It consistently but not too much recommends channels and videos with barely any views but something that still probably would interest me, instead of yet another random xqc video despite clicking every time to not recommend me the channel. It's almost like it's working the way YT was always supposed to work and there was a hidden switch somewhere that was fucking it up and pushed a separate agenda.

Kourai

Not pictured: the will to live
Early Adopter
Archivist

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
It's somewhat off-topic, but after Neal took over YT the overall experience became so much better. Could be just a coincidence, but I get recommended videos and people I would actually be interested in watching (mostly vtubers and asmr) and not getting late night talk shows or fleshtuber whores shoved into my face. It consistently but not too much recommends channels and videos with barely any views but something that still probably would interest me, instead of yet another random xqc video despite clicking every time to not recommend me the channel. It's almost like it's working the way YT was always supposed to work and there was a hidden switch somewhere that was fucking it up and pushed a separate agenda.
so what you're saying is, everyone was justified to blame Susan whenever something went wrong

does that mean we still blame Susan now, or do we shift to Neal?

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter

I'm waiting for it to hit right like that for me, because I can always do with more autistic 3+ hour game retrospectives and lore dives to fill stretches where I'm not busy or have a stream to watch, but I keep poisoning my recommends well by clicking on cute girls like some kind of fag.

No Name

I dnu dude, I still get recommended weird Indian vids with 50 views with some 40-year old Indian guy talking their dirty language about God knows what.

God's Strongest Dragoon

I dnu dude, I still get recommended weird Indian vids with 50 views with some 40-year old Indian guy talking their dirty language about God knows what.
Pajeetube > Jewtube

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

Ad Rates have fallen massively and the Late Night Programming is off air from the writers strike. They had to let the Algo be responsive again. They'll change the weights again when US Election season goes nuts next Summer. Google has a settlement with the Media companies to push their products and, functionally, Google has to take "all the calls" to do stuff from political actors.

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
Your avatar doesn't reflect your current arc anymore. You now have to replace it with the same pic but with heart eyes and cute shit, unironically.
I know I should, but it just feel hard to want to switch. It just won't be the same without it. I spent a good two minutes getting the horns right I don't want that effort to go to waste.
View attachment 28592

sorry, you’re not my type
I was hoping you would type something that would allow me to respond with "I like you Nolan as a friend." but you completely owned me there. There's just no coming back for me!
I'm waiting for it to hit right like that for me, because I can always do with more autistic 3+ hour game retrospectives and lore dives to fill stretches where I'm not busy or have a stream to watch, but I keep poisoning my recommends well by clicking on cute girls like some kind of fag.
Is it just me, or do you zoom your profile pic in very slightly every month or so?

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom