"This better not awaken a new fetish in me. But at least I'm not into feet"Noir Vesper

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clem the Gem

Unknown member
Early Adopter

Renmai

Shiori, what the fuck are you talking about?
Early Adopter
I'll use this as a springboard for a thought I've had for a little while, but I wish this whole Vtuber idol stuff wasn't just focused on singing with sometimes someone being out of practice with an instrument.

I feel like having someone who's a capable musical producer/composer is something that feels gravely missing within a space that seems to lean heavily into musical performances. I think it'd make the songs created more personal because it isn't just a faceless corporate guy in a studio, it is made by the actual talent within a group making a song for the rest of their group to sing.

Plus it could be interesting and somewhat work efficient member's content to see someone actually produce and mix music live while they do their musical work, as music producing just looks like magical voodoo to an outsider, especially if you try to understand sheet music without some kind of musical study. Like try understanding what the fuck this is. (This is Chopin piano music for those curious)
I understand, I've posted before on the mother board that I'm always hoping a new HL gen will have a DJ or producer that could stream their creative process as easy content. I've seen musicians like T-Pain making music live on Twitch and wish vtubers could so something similar.

Dez is by no means an experienced composer but he is supposed to have a loop station stream tomorrow, we'll see if he has any talent.

Latte'Ninba

God is dead. You aren't. Keep running.
Early Adopter
Stumbled into this little musical composition using some Tempus voice clips of them saying hello and Magni commented on it within hours of it being posted. I find this little thing humorous because it really shows the huge energy difference between Vesper and Axel with how they say hello to their viewers where Axel is by far the most animated of the four. Sasuga Dingo Aniki.

I'll use this as a springboard for a thought I've had for a little while, but I wish this whole Vtuber idol stuff wasn't just focused on singing with sometimes someone being out of practice with an instrument.

I feel like having someone who's a capable musical producer/composer is something that feels gravely missing within a space that seems to lean heavily into musical performances. I think it'd make the songs created more personal because it isn't just a faceless corporate guy in a studio, it is made by the actual talent within a group making a song for the rest of their group to sing.

Plus it could be interesting and somewhat work efficient member's content to see someone actually produce and mix music live while they do their musical work, as music producing just looks like magical voodoo to an outsider, especially if you try to understand sheet music without some kind of musical study. Like try understanding what the fuck this is. (This is Chopin piano music for those curious)

Never really thought of it much, but now that you mention it I do think it would be cool. I'm not sure how many of the girls have instrumental talents but a live karaoke where some of them get to sit around and goof off while trying to perform would be cool.
Sora plays Piano a bit iirc? I know Luna plays the Electone. Several girls mess around with the ukelele because of Mio, a few flutes too? Was Kobo guitar or another ukelele? Calli has kazoo I guess lol. Dunno how much Fauna's Kalimba would do. Polka can play the screaming rubber chicken.

I understand, I've posted before on the mother board that I'm always hoping a new HL gen will have a DJ or producer that could stream their creative process as easy content. I've seen musicians like T-Pain making music live on Twitch and wish vtubers could so something similar.

Dez is by no means an experienced composer but he is supposed to have a loop station stream tomorrow, we'll see if he has any talent.

Can't profress to know music well enough to tell if it was good, but his members streams of it were super chill and easy to listen to in the background.

The two of you actually made me really curious to see what they could collaborate together if they checked around with who can play what.

Renmai

Shiori, what the fuck are you talking about?
Early Adopter
Never really thought of it much, but now that you mention it I do think it would be cool. I'm not sure how many of the girls have instrumental talents but a live karaoke where some of them get to sit around and goof off while trying to perform would be cool.
Sora plays Piano a bit iirc? I know Luna plays the Electone. Several girls mess around with the ukelele because of Mio, a few flutes too? Was Kobo guitar or another ukelele? Calli has kazoo I guess lol. Dunno how much Fauna's Kalimba would do. Polka can play the screaming rubber chicken.
Altare played the cello on stream.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
A live karaoke of just two or three of the names you mentioned seems impossible to me. For whatever's worth hololive streamers are in this nebulous permanent state of being busy, thus they set their schedules ahead by weeks on end, sometimes a month. This is not counting their personal lives (sickness, family, burnout, downtime).

That Guy Over There

It's time to Moom
Every time I see this thumbnail, I know exactly what it is, but have to play it anyway. What even is the context of this clip anyway?
She was watching one of the Fast & Furious movies and a character said "femboy", so she said it too.

Edit: timestamped, 14:28 if the stamp doesn't work.

Stumbled into this little musical composition using some Tempus voice clips of them saying hello and Magni commented on it within hours of it being posted. I find this little thing humorous because it really shows the huge energy difference between Vesper and Axel with how they say hello to their viewers where Axel is by far the most animated of the four. Sasuga Dingo Aniki.

View attachment 2453

Don't know if you've heard her play the electone but, you may be interested in the baby princess then.

Last edited:

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
Aki has done Kalimba stuff for ASMR. Gura plays ukulele, banjo, and combinations thereof.

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
Kson completely naked concert?
It is a "fist" anniversary, one good fisting dersves another I suppose.
He's never gonna get banned because he dumps too much money, and he's never going to change because he thinks dumping money makes him have exclusive right over Pippa's actions. Not much to do there, really.
If the yabbit continues to grow and she gets whales that throw more money at her than him and not as vocal/annoying I could see him getting yeeted.

View attachment 2453

It would be more interesting to see. I'm sure there's some out there not discovered yet but I know Uruka does violin karaoke and was doing some members only streams where she was transcribing various songs. I've also brought up Corpse_ch has done streams debuting their music though I'm still not sure if you could call them a vtuber though.

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist
I do think it’s possible, but I think it’s more likely Japan travel news.

And good news for the parasocial; IRyS possibly confirmed being single. A viewer super chatted for her (I hope it’s a ‘her’) boyfriends birthday and IRyS says, “I hope you guys you know, uh, celebrate together happily…and…maybe explode together.”
She’s either jealous of a couple and wishing that couples die, or is being extremely yabai. Could go either way I guess.
(6:32:23 time stamp, also, new record stream length for her.)

Yeah, but there’s a difference between, ‘most likely’, and ‘being bitter and hoping that couples die (in a still humorous way)’. I just found it funny how she slipped it in there.

She's made that joke before. Might have been in a member's somewhere but I distinctly remember her saying it.
I've seen this joke a couple of times since Ina's annoucement. Can anyone spoon feed me where the "Ayame is racist against Koreans" rrat comes from? Thx

A long time ago Ina drew Ayame for Ayame's birthday, but Ayame didn't acknowledge it in any way. There was no drama but /vt/, or was it /jp/ back then? made the famous edit with a fake racist reply about Ina's Korean dog hands and from there the meme took off.

I remember Ayame tweeting about thanking her Korean fans before so I am certain there's no kernel of truth in it at all.
Kiara decided to start WWIII by declaring it was the Austrians, not the French, who came up with croissants.
That would be the kipferl. The French replaced the dough in the 1800s but kept the shape and method. The viennoiserie was trendy in France at the time, and much of what we think of as French baking today was adapted from Viennese baking. Even the baguette needed Viennese techniques to reach its modern form.

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
Magni talks about finding a family in Tempus

Ollie is sus

Kyo can't say Moriarty

Selen has no fear

Selen has 1 fear
Ina has gone 40 hours without sleep before

Hellbirb does an existential crisis

Kazuma

Early Adopter
Gura has played ukelele on stream a couple of times. Ame too. Gura has also played banjo on stream before. Ina has played the flute.

Last edited:

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
Pochi about her voice and the meta 3 years ago

Related to the voice thing, Niji EN3 talked about this in a way during their 1 year. About feeling the pressure of the whole "how you should act as a vtuber" or "how you are expected to act" and most of them were not really being like that but you could tell that at their debuts they tried to not be as abrasive in hopes of trying to appeal to a wider audience.

Alright, so what are the possibilities that they're going to Nijien gamers? I'm only familiar with these VTubers' names, but I don't tune into their streams. Are they good gamers?
Not sure. There were about 3 other indies that graduated about 2 months ago (when the Farms got hit) and I assumed they were maybe going to join either Niji or Holo. One of them being Rye.

It was all too good to be true. Real VAs doing streaming to shore up work as the country was locked down. Now they will go do other projects or something. Two talents on a channel that had clear support staff can't survive with the CCV and subs they have. Their English and chemistry were really fun and deeply wholesome.

TL;DR Non-menhera chuubas are more likely to graduate
THey had shitty CCV but they were adorable and wholesome. Its a shame.

More AI generated waifus, maybe we'll see the return of Jaki Kyoryu.
View attachment 2434
Anyone remember this Pippa deep cut?
Would be nice to see this through the AI and her other art stream where she designed Gen2. Maybe I should get on that.

The Vsingers finally collabing 1on1
]

I am still confused about Azki's role in the company. Thought they were going to move her to the official Gen 1 Holostars roster and just have her do regular streaming. Did that fall off or is she working on behind-the-scenes shit?

AyoTempus

DoctorGladiatorAssassinHeroLobsterTempuraEater
Early Adopter

I'm interested in what Magni brings out in that loopstation stream, as I think DJing can bring a nice little personal touch to his streams depending on how much he uses it. I'd like to imagine a streamer who actually modifies their background music based on the mood of what they're doing, or hell just having their own personalized music that's made by them. It feels like such a missed opportunity to tackle this music heavy market in a different way by just having singers and occassional instrumentalists and not actually producers/composers/DJs.

Also, Altare playing the Cello made me hyped as fuck and I hope he does more of it in the future when he's allowed to. I love Cello and it feels like such an underappreciated instrument compared to its more known "classical" brothers like the Piano or Violin unless you hang around Jazz circles or something.

Altare I believe also said he plays the guitar too, an acoustic one I think.
Don't know if you've heard her play the electone but, you may be interested in the baby princess then.

That was quite a nice performance, I've never heard of an Electone being played before but it is a pretty nice modern sounding take on a classical instrument.
It would be more interesting to see. I'm sure there's some out there not discovered yet but I know Uruka does violin karaoke and was doing some members only streams where she was transcribing various songs. I've also brought up Corpse_ch has done streams debuting their music though I'm still not sure if you could call them a vtuber though.
I think what I'm imagining is this idea that you have a Corpo Tuber Gen and you have the usual singer boys/girls, but you have someone within the Gen behind them making the music for them. It'd be a different change of pace, along with getting something besides the usual covers as you can just produce whatever you want. Like someone who makes tracks for their audience to listen to while at the gym, or driving, or whatever as opposed to singing covers from other songs. with every now and again a musical collab where someone makes the track and another sings within it.

I assume it won't happen or be extremely hard to make happen because I assume HoloPro wants to have control over the operation for the sake of production efficiency and quality or some other corporate reason. Or maybe they legitimately can't find anyone who's good enough and singers are just easier to find, who knows?

Now that I think about this a little more, I think the closest thing to what I'm looking for in regards to my thought within the Corpo world is Calli, but I believe she's just the vocalist in her Holowork from what I've seen. Which is unfortunate as I especially loved her song Alcatraz, but I suppose trying to one woman operation with her Holowork wouldn't fly by management while also being a streamer as it'd just take too long to make stuff. For most normies, singers are the face of the song anyway from my experience unless you're some insane guitar player or something like that. So most people just want to see their chuuba sing for them and not make the entire song.

Empty_Inbox

🏆 Thread Recap links are in my Profile Posts
Early Adopter
Deranged Archivist
Vesper got the warm welcome of the Reddit automod

Restored, ofc, and later shared on main Hololive sub

Speaking of Reddit and art, I want to share this Warhammer 40K artwork I saw there, but the source leads to Pixiv, which is not an approved website for media sharing.

Is there a vtuber covering 40K universe? I found this guy, but voice kinda filters me

Latte'Ninba

God is dead. You aren't. Keep running.
Early Adopter
Altare played the cello on stream.

Aki has done Kalimba stuff for ASMR. Gura plays ukulele, banjo, and combinations thereof.
Gura has played ukelele on stream a couple of times. Ame too. Gura has also played banjo on stream before. Ina has played the flute.
Oh wow I missed Altare doing that. Pretty cool actually.
I also had no clue anyone else messed with Kalimba either, though I am unfamiliar with Aki since I never caught her much.

Totally forgot Gura's messed with Banjo as well. Wonder how many others mess with something, or rather who played and kept up with it somewhat.

A live karaoke of just two or three of the names you mentioned seems impossible to me. For whatever's worth hololive streamers are in this nebulous permanent state of being busy, thus they set their schedules ahead by weeks on end, sometimes a month. This is not counting their personal lives (sickness, family, burnout, downtime).
True enough. Mostly just something I think would be neat but yeah, these girls are all over the place so it isn't likely. Especially not live lol.

That Guy Over There

It's time to Moom
Now that I think about this a little more, I think the closest thing to what I'm looking for in regards to my thought within the Corpo world is Calli, but I believe she's just the vocalist in her Holowork from what I've seen. Which is unfortunate as I especially loved her song Alcatraz, but I suppose trying to one woman operation with her Holowork wouldn't fly by management while also being a streamer as it'd just take too long to make stuff. For most normies, singers are the face of the song anyway from my experience unless you're some insane guitar player or something like that. So most people just want to see their chuuba sing for them and not make the entire song.
I believe Calli has done the mixing on a few of her own songs. She also made the beats for her first 4 songs with KokoroBeats doing the mixing and mastering.
And you could also look at Yugo from NijiEN cause I think "he's" supposed to be a DJ.

Last edited:

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
1665562249005.png
#JustRedditThings

Just pretending

The Great Bald Rrat
Early Adopter
I think it stands for Past Life? If it is, then it is not exactly a roommate info, it's previous online persona

More Holoctober Villain theme

Isn't Villain Suisei just a regular Suisei though? :unsure:

These people I swear. (local copy)
View attachment 2425
Source:

Granddaddy Putin, please fire your nuclear weapons, deliver us from this insanity.

Zombie zoomer's birthday is coming up and she might have some crazy merch prepared - she told her members to stop superchatting her a while ago, because they have to save their money for it.

Kazuma

Early Adopter
I am still confused about Azki's role in the company. Thought they were going to move her to the official Gen 1 Holostars roster and just have her do regular streaming. Did that fall off or is she working on behind-the-scenes shit?
Azki joined Gen 0 I think. She's not required to stream regularly. Her focus is still on music. I think there is a clip where Suisei talked about this.

Last edited:

2DUM4U

Early Adopter
Is there a vtuber covering 40K universe? I found this guy, but voice kinda filters me

Lumi's done a bunch of Warhammer streams. Just search her youtube channel for "warhammer" and you'll find several. I think this was the first.

(I haven't watched them myself since I know exactly nothing about Warhammer, except that they genocide furries, which is cool I guess.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom