"Wait, it's not Cloud everytime? I thought Cloud was the main Final Fantasy character! Oooh they're different games? Oooh! Wait's not linear? I thought every single guy character was Cloud looking a bit different!"Hakos Baelz

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
I thought some of the omocat Gura merch came out looking great, but I just wouldn't be caught dead wearing that stuff in public so in the end I didn't buy any.
Gura knows our struggle though, when she released her shirt last year she said that she'd tried to go for a design that wouldn't be blatantly "anime" so people could wear it in public. Hopefully she'll release more merch with the same philosophy at some point.
I just checked out some of the merch from that line. It didn't look bad, quality-wise, but I can't work out if it's worse to go around in public with a big-titty anime woman on your shirt or a petite loli. Definitely nothing I'd want to remotely be associated with, even if they were my favourite vtubers.

The only way I'd see shirts and the like working is making the merch so abstract that an average person looking at it wouldn't associate the shirt with Japan or anime, while people who are fans would recognize it and know that you're a fan of Gura or Pippa or whatever. But even then I'd be wary of getting the merch because most anime fans are spergs and I don't want their attention.

Svarog

Saviorfag
Early Adopter
I don't understand why no one asked Pippaai that question. I corrected that situation. ^_^

vivaldi_8iCFd0DbxY.png

Empty_Inbox

🏆 Thread Recap links are in my Profile Posts
Early Adopter
Deranged Archivist
Ok, looks like this story was covered everywhere but here.
Basically, some 19-year old girl decided to not pursue higher education, and instead go into Youtube and Twitch streaming. She allegedly hired someone for $2000 to make her a vtuber model, and asked her parent for money from her college fund. Parent didn't let her take the money, and created that Am I the Asshole thread on Reddit. Overall people think it was a good idea to not let her spent that much money, at least not on a first model, and even more importantly, not every streamer ends up with a good enough income.

Ok, now how this can be used for marketing? She already got covered by a bunch of industry people, so how she can spin it into positive press?

I say, start with Q/A on Reddit and tell everyone:
  1. you are the girl
  2. you have the experience streaming and confident you can actually pull it off
  3. $2000 was planned to cover not only model, but other streaming assets and PC upgrade
  4. ???
  5. Profit!
Boom, you are not a stupid kid jumping in without market research, you are responsible young entrepreneur. Maybe throw in some stories about how not all high education leads to good job, throw current job market under the bus - people will eat it.

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)
Vox 1 Million unarchived

Aliepheese

I like to watch.
Early Adopter

Vox doing a comeback karaoke after his month long break, going pretty hard on the effect and production, the singing is ok and also 45k viewers.

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
Have you ever seen Vtuber merch out in the wild? Personally, I have not... Which I consider weird, because I've seen actual Itasha in my area, so I thought Vtuber merch would be the next logical step. Maybe someday...
No but I don't go out much these days. If I ever picked weiβ shwartz back up I'd probably pick up the hololive set.
View attachment 2026

Ask and ye shall receive
Ohyou.png

Lia clip from the main Phase channel. A little repetitive at first but it's still pretty good.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Basically, some 19-year old girl decided to not pursue higher education, and instead go into Youtube and Twitch streaming. She allegedly hired someone for $2000 to make her a vtuber model, and asked her parent for money from her college fund.
This gave me a Jimmy Neutron brainblast to the time one of my friend's cousins managed to convince his parents to give him thousands of dollars (In a country where the monthly paycheck averages out at $550, and they weren't exactly upper class) to buy a complete streaming set up. He ended up spending half of the money on weed, and half on a really shitty pre-built computer, and then gave up streaming after two streams.

Anyways, it's immensely retarded. Vroid is free and you can make pretty decent looking characters in a couple hours, all you need for tracking is the cheapest possible iPhone X, or even a webcam, because as long as the tracking somewhat works, it's fine. Gura is Gura and her eyes still spaz out whenever she blinks, and half of Phase Connect still blinks like lizard people, and they're still doing great. OBS is free. If your computer is shit, stream in 720p, or focus on older games that will run, or figure out content that isn't hard on the computer.

When there's a will, there's a fucking way, but I feel like just throwing money at something before you even try it shows you don't have the will.

Moff Albert

The Brown Hornet is my oshi
Calli's Husband
God those jiggle physics are fucking nauseating, she turns slightly to the left and the things bounce around like she's on a trampoline. Coomerism is truly the greatest sin of humanity.
Shit like that makes me miss her old model so much

RedRage

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)
Dude, there is a clear difference between some of the others in this thread bringing up something about their jobs and irl experiences (which in and of itself is not necessarily a good thing) and you. It is the sheer scale of shit you have revealed about yourself and your emotional state, that sets you apart from others. For instance the shit we know about you ranges from: your facedoxx, your hatred and loathing for your father, your relationship to your sister, her death, your depression after a friend of 2 years told you "we can't be friends anymore", some of your sexual fetishes and some audio of you autistically singing when you were 16 (and much more). And now we also have confirmation that you have been diagnosed with Aspergers. All of this is info you have revealed and in all instances confirmed to be true.
So Nolan do you truly think, that you have not revealed too much info about yourself?
I guess sometimes it just feels off to me. But yeah that’s fair. I wasn’t think about the context of how much you know (even if we ignore all the stuff you guys found out by yourselves). Anyway thanks for giving me some perspective.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
Have you ever seen Vtuber merch out in the wild? Personally, I have not... Which I consider weird, because I've seen actual Itasha in my area, so I thought Vtuber merch would be the next logical step. Maybe someday...
I saw a girl with an Ollie shirt the other day. I had to do a double take.

paul

Early Adopter
Postponed Street Fighter 6 Beta stream started. She didn't play fighting games before and I see keyboard prompts....

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
Messing around with the Kronii AI. I think she might be capippalist. Also rip Bae

2022101655.jpg
2022100091.jpg
1009325.jpg
21008092530.jpg

2DUM4U

Early Adopter
Clipped a couple of the AI convos from last night.

My favorite, when real Pippa was overcome by how wholesome AI Watame was:

And here's AI Pippa and AI Joe Biden getting on like a house on fire.

AyoTempus

DoctorGladiatorAssassinHeroLobsterTempuraEater
Early Adopter
I missed out on this. Ever since Axel posted his first cover I have been really looking forward to hearing more of his singing but I wasn't home.
Good news for you, a youtube channel uploaded I think every song Axel sang that night in clip form. Here are a couple of my favorites.

RedRage

Are people using the AI to shill delutaya? Came up out of nowhere while talking about Hololive personalities.

Capture.PNG

masterstocking

Dogs are forever in the push-up position
Early Adopter

Detective Diaries premiere in 5 minutes

Watamate

Previously known as Tatsunoko
Early Adopter
Don't think it's been mentioned going by my short backreading. But last night Ame talked about the whole Japan situation. She has her international passport ready and they would technically be able to travel to Japan starting the 12th of this month. Given that the other members also have their passports, which I imagine is safe to assume for most of the other EN members. (Without any restrictions or needing a guide, etc)

She says there are "No definite plans" yet as far as when, but goes on to imply that she'll be there for 3 weeks. 2 of which will be mainly work-related, doing streams, meetings, etc. And the last week will have no streams and will be her just gorging on food.

lakyus

Unicorns are the most oppressed minority
Early Adopter
I wanna see Pippa dramatically read this like with those greentext stories.

Browsing the fedi timeline I discovered apparently AllBonesJones has an account on shitposter.club. Handle @All_bonesJones@shitposter.club. There's a similar one that hasn't posted in months but the one I posted is verified for whatever that's worth on the fediverse.
He was a guest on Shitposter.club's anime podcast too, Episode 82.

I wanted to post it yesterday but my upload speed was a bit too unstable. The unarchived Linkin Park karaoke stream of Ami — while still archived by her and recently only unlinked — has already been privated. Thus…

Pirate.png
【Music】(Unarchived) Linkin Park Only Karaoke!【Tsunderia】 [fZnBde7EF38].mp4
Filesize:
6.1 GiB / 6.5 GB
Length: 5h55m31s
Encoding: MPEG-4 AVC 720p @ ~2271 kbps / 60 fps + AAC @ 128 kbps
Checksums:
Code:
BLAKE2b (【Music】(Unarchived) Linkin Park Only Karaoke!【Tsunderia】 [fZnBde7EF38].mp4) = 83e61a25a1cf76da4890a836b87139c2435a57fd56feb76a6071ec57b2548e1f04038b4fec56de52941d8506d9b4a1c2e32f37e2d7e65e2b68a887f8a38f2b3e
MD5 (【Music】(Unarchived) Linkin Park Only Karaoke!【Tsunderia】 [fZnBde7EF38].mp4) = e948bbb2b6c06d95c99b9c91fda31112
Download from:
filechan
MEGA

Fucking YTs

I just want to annoy people in peace.
Early Adopter
He was a guest on Shitposter.club's anime podcast too, Episode 82.

I wanted to post it yesterday but my upload speed was a bit too unstable. The unarchived Linkin Park karaoke stream of Ami — while still archived by her and recently only unlinked — has already been privated. Thus…

View attachment 2047
【Music】(Unarchived) Linkin Park Only Karaoke!【Tsunderia】 [fZnBde7EF38].mp4
Filesize:
6.1 GiB / 6.5 GB
Length: 5h55m31s
Encoding: MPEG-4 AVC 720p @ ~2271 kbps / 60 fps + AAC @ 128 kbps
Checksums:
Code:
BLAKE2b (【Music】(Unarchived) Linkin Park Only Karaoke!【Tsunderia】 [fZnBde7EF38].mp4) = 83e61a25a1cf76da4890a836b87139c2435a57fd56feb76a6071ec57b2548e1f04038b4fec56de52941d8506d9b4a1c2e32f37e2d7e65e2b68a887f8a38f2b3e
MD5 (【Music】(Unarchived) Linkin Park Only Karaoke!【Tsunderia】 [fZnBde7EF38].mp4) = e948bbb2b6c06d95c99b9c91fda31112
Download from:
filechan
MEGA
Thanks so much. I missed the first half!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom