"By the way I'm graduating, Sakana's finally firing me. Sakana said he doesn't wanna work with me anymore, so after this month I'm graduating. I wasn't cute and funny enough"Amaris Yuri

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Lisa's cover of Stellar Stellar wasn't bad at all, really liked it.

I was gonna crack a joke about her chickening out of the intro, but damn that was a good cover.

You're looking forward to seeing Kaela meet IRyS in Minecraft.
I'm looking forward to hearing more Lui English.
We are not the same.
Luinglish is blessed

Also, I love that this collab is three "cool nee-san" types... and IRyS.

Last edited:

Jolted Cookies

Ohmies don't snitch
Early Adopter
Apparently this game Bae and Fauna are playing isn't even a horror game but Bae's kind of acting like it is?
Bae would be afraid of her left shoe if it tapped the ground funny. At least with Edith Finch there's no jumpscares and you're left with melancholy and sadness.

Shachimu saw a Doc:

And Namie's opinion on AI art:

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
/vt/ having fun during this stream!
View attachment 1995
I wanna see Pippa dramatically read this like with those greentext stories.

Browsing the fedi timeline I discovered apparently AllBonesJones has an account on shitposter.club. Handle @All_bonesJones@shitposter.club. There's a similar one that hasn't posted in months but the one I posted is verified for whatever that's worth on the fediverse.

Last edited:

Audi Vide Tace

Self-Proclaimed Lurker
Geist's Second Husband
I swear to god, I will pistol whip the next guy who says "A.I. Art".
You know at this point, I agree, I'm sick of this. My reaction is far more self-destructive though, would you like to enter a suicide pact the next time A.I. Art gets brought up?

Last edited:

Spergatory

Early Adopter
And Namie's opinion on AI art:

Ok maybe I'm just not knowledgeable enough about this, but how else is an AI supposed to learn besides using references? I don't think you can just program an AI and not have something for it learn from. It's not like a chat AI where it learns from users talking to it. What do the other AI programs use to learn art? I can get being wary about all this as an artist but I'm not grasping some of their arguments.

How the fuck do you "harass" someone with AI artwork?
Yeah I'm lost on what she meant by that, other than people using the AI images to show to artists and poke fun at them that a program is better than them.

Audi Vide Tace

Self-Proclaimed Lurker
Geist's Second Husband
Ok maybe I'm just not knowledgeable enough about this, but how else is an AI supposed to learn besides using references? I don't think you can just program an AI and not have something for it learn from. It's not like a chat AI where it learns from users talking to it. What do the other AI programs use to learn art? I can get being wary about all this as an artist but I'm not grasping some of their arguments.

Yeah I'm lost on what she meant by that, other than people using the AI images to show to artists and poke fun at them that a program is better than them.
There are several different kinds of AI, but the usage of AI currently is more used as a buzzword to refer to the self-teaching ones (the one that is pissing everyone off right now, uses a neural network -a hypernetwork model). Regardless, there are AI's that exist without the need for self-teaching; although their usages and goals tend to also be simpler than the tasks given to the self-teaching ones.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Happy 300 fags, happy to see this place is still kicking even after ze motherland got revived.

They are buttmad because the robot is gonna use their own work to kick their asses, also artists are entitled assholes and this is their divine punishment. Inshallah.

Aliepheese

I like to watch.
Early Adopter

My undestanding is that the main drama right now is about the AI using databases like danboroo and the like, instead of database that exist of only public domain or copyright free works (my understanding that some AI before NovelAI came used this databases), they argument whatever an AI should be allow to "learn" from copyright art.

1665212385205.png
I kinda get where Moons is coming from for a lot of people it must suck to realize they will never be "normal" and that you either have to take medicine to change the way you are or have to live life differently from everyone else.

Last edited:

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎

Een Gevolg

Undead Nurse #1
Early Adopter
As for Astel's roommate stuff, I actually didnt know, lmao. I only remember Maria to some extent (because maid, but I forgot who she is exactly) and Scarle (she was in Fulgur's debut video that shows him to be bad edgy man)
No idea about the trap thing, but wasn't his roommate suspected to be someone who ran one of those strip club setups in VRChat? Either way, I'm guessing that's how they educate themselves. Not quite as horrifying as Vox's office adventures, but it's definitely somewhere on the scale

Spergatory

Early Adopter
Uhh, so what's with the spanish in this picture? Is it just a failed live translate, because it seems to make no sense. Was Pippa talking about spiders?

My undestanding is that the main drama right now is about the AI using databases like danboroo and the like, instead of database that exist of only public domain or copyright free works (my understanding that some AI before NovelAI came used this databases), they argument whatever an AI should be allow to "learn" from copyright art.

View attachment 2017
I kinda get where Moons is coming from for a lot of people it must suck to realize the never be "normal" and that either have to take medicine to change the way you are or have to live differently from everyone else.
Yeah if that's the case and the AI is profiting off of having users pay to generate images, I can see why artists may be upset.

As for Mumei/Shachi, I've experienced sudden change due to health stuff too, just not for mental health. Having to introduce new habits and changing your lifestyle can be hard, especially if you don't have a support group around you. I hope she learns that it's not some massive dealbreaker to beat yourself up with and dealing with it gets better, she's come this far already.

uquusquad

creator, innovator, artist, idea
Early Adopter
Late, but how does the ai work actually?
Do you train them with the reactions? It is pretty hit or miss right now.
ai.pippa (2).JPG
Edit: some of these responses do seem a bit trained/coached/hard wired (?)
ai.pippa (3).JPG

Last edited:

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Late, but how does the ai work actually?
Do you train them with the reactions? It is pretty hit or miss right now.
View attachment 2018
Apparently when you converse with the AI you can use a "vomit" reaction to tell the AI that they've got the response wrong to help train them. But that relies on people training the AI when it responds and it doesn't look like a lot of people do that.

Empty_Inbox

🏆 Thread Recap links are in my Profile Posts
Early Adopter
Deranged Archivist
Five thousands years ago on this thread someone brought up vtuber games (I guess it was around the release of ERROR), and yesterday I got recommended some clips about it. FGC-nerds will recognize Soul Calibur's great potential for custom fighters, limited but impressive Blazblue stuff, but the thing with original game seems extra good! No gameplay though, and don't believe the thumbnail, lol

EDIT: Also in the works, Idol Showdown [twitter]. This one seems to have some gameplay, but it was not yet released to public [twitter again].

EDIT EDIT: oh, there is a database for Hololive fan games [softdevwu.dev]

EDIT: Twitter post about Soul Calibur. In embed here there is only 1 media, on twitter it's 4 videos.

Last edited:

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
My understanding is that most artists would rather they be contacted to voluntarily contribute their art work to the learning algorithm

Happy 300 guys I love the growth of this place

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)
Shachimu saw a Doc:

This isn’t really surprising.

But it’s sad that it’s hurting her. I was diagnosed with ADHD and Asperger’s at a young age, so I don’t know what it’s like to learn about this stuff as an adult.

I do know how it feels to know you’ll never be normal and how you have to struggle to keep up. And it’s emotionally painful. I just hope Mumei finds what’s best for her in regards to dealing with it

Audi Vide Tace

Self-Proclaimed Lurker
Geist's Second Husband
Yeah if that's the case and the AI is profiting off of having users pay to generate images, I can see why artists may be upset.
NovelAI uses a custom Stable diffusion model; which is open source. NovelAI has gained a spotlight for hate for reasons that are still unclear to me. There was a person who won an art competition using Midjourney a while back (and then reportedly made a statement along the lines of "Art is dead dude, A.I. won, humans lost"), which also triggered a bunch of rage a few months back.

It should also be noted that it is likely that all the AI developments have some material that is copyrighted used in the datasets, as they are fucking huge. The Stable Diffusion AI's dataset, for example, was trained on 2.3 Billion images.

My understanding is that most artists would rather they be contacted to voluntarily contribute their art work to the learning algorithm

Happy 300 guys I love the growth of this place
Unfortunately, that may not be a realistic general approach for these AI models, given how huge the datasets need to be.

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
Uhh, so what's with the spanish in this picture? Is it just a failed live translate, because it seems to make no sense. Was Pippa talking about spiders?
If I remember right, that was when streamers were getting banned because users figured out how to put illegal content in their profile images and when they'd chat the youtube bots would pick it up and ban them. Pippa and others found some program that let them have a chat without profile images, and I think she might have set it to Spanish and English as she had a large Spanish speaking audience at one point, and it could translate her speech to Spanish live as well. Though it failed horribly, the lisp was just too strong.

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
NovelAI uses a custom Stable diffusion model; which is open source. NovelAI has gained a spotlight for hate for reasons that are still unclear to me. There was a person who won an art competition using Midjourney a while back (and then reportedly made a statement along the lines of "Art is dead dude, A.I. won, humans lost"), which also triggered a bunch of rage a few months back.

It should also be noted that it is likely that all the AI developments have some material that is copyrighted used in the datasets, as they are fucking huge. The Stable Diffusion AI's dataset, for example, was trained on 2.3 Billion images.

Unfortunately, that may not be a realistic general approach for these AI models, given how huge the datasets need to be.
I agree that it's unrealistic I'm just trying to understand what would make this ok for them and that seems to be it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom