"What's uhlimunny? (Alimony)"IRyS

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Negzana

There's been a lot of drama and stagnation across the past 2 months. I hope Haachama comes back, she and Kaela have (their first?) a chaotic legendary collab in Minecraft, and everything in the universe is set right.

God's Strongest Wardog

Wigger Daisenpai Stan

Faceless Waifu

prompt: 1girl, solo, faceless
Early Adopter
Is it incel hour at Banned VT Memes? Must be a day that ends in __ber.
I thought its every hour rather than a specific hour.

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY
Don't forget to take your daily Mozu injection in an hour boys

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
I know its futile to ask, but can you keep your raging faggotry to a minimum?
Please?
*taps sign* please don't disturb the wildlife.
Not gonna lie, for new outfits for some of the biggest moneymakers, some of these don't exactly knock your socks off. Ike's outfit probably looks the best stylistically, but if they were going for a connection with their gimmick (based on most of the other outfits), I don't really see it in that; otherwise not much to complain about. Luca's looks good too, but that's got the same issue. Mysta's look has a good enough balance between character connection and style, one issue I'd probably have is that his hairstyle in that looks pretty similar to Kanae's. Vox-wise, it probably works with his character, but I can't really say it feels like it clicks as well as his main design. The intro was definitely more than usual, but the guy's a Chinese fujoshi money vacuum, what else could you expect? All in all, most of those will probably work in the long run.

Shu's is the one that really struggles IMO, the alternate robe just doesn't look remotely as good design-wise. I also don't know if I'm seeing things/talking out of my ass, but something about his expression just looks creepier.
i have to wonder how much input they had on these. All these aesthetics are what I see Asian designers go for and i'm not trying to be racist here.

Giant billowing Robe on Shu for example is trying to be one of those ornamental robes used in (one of Shintoism Buddism Taoism don't ask me which) Ceremonies Vox's

horns are something ive seen on a few horned monsters and outside of hellboy (who goes for the thick ass horns) Seems to be a common aesthetic in foreign media i consume (anime manga ect)

They don't look low quality or anything but yeah im not vibing with it aesthetically. the old models look alot better and honestly fit their "character" better.
Wait I thought Duel Masters was rebranded to Kaijudo. Is it still Duel Masters in Japan?
Duel Masters is the OG Card Game Kaijudo was the sadly unsuccessful spinoff so they just went back to the OG series. no "rebranding" just a failed reboot attempt. at least as far as I know
Semi-related rant about Auto-Translators in general, it baffles me that Google still uses the absolute shit auto translator on YouTube. In this day and age where stuff like GPT or Claude can translate Japanese instantly and near perfectly, there's no reason we should be stuck with the current iteration. I swear I remember a time they even allowed ongoing live streams to have captions enabled, so they're even regressing backward. :Mumei-REE:
all google cares about is collecting data even shitty translations gives them something usable. They as far as I know dropped out of the development race but why would they improve the site when they can just leave it half finished. what are you gonna do make a youtube competitior ?

lakyus

Unicorns are the most oppressed minority
Early Adopter
Those two dorks are still playing Diablo

thirteenorphans

There's been a lot of drama and stagnation across the past 2 months. I hope Haachama comes back, she and Kaela have (their first?) a chaotic legendary collab in Minecraft, and everything in the universe is set right.
I'm not sure what you mean by stagnation. There have been multiple huge positive and negative events, streams and drama amongst corporate and large Indies these past two months, most of which has been documented in this thread. Perhaps you are simply becoming jaded towards the vtuber scene or have unrealistic ideas for what is considered a happening?

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
So uh, what's going on here? You also can't join her youtube membership anymore.
View attachment 21505
View attachment 21506
She's been quiet for four days on both her Twitter and Discord. I know her health's been a bit shaky, so I hope she's okay.

1682184072423.png
POST ARCHIVE LINKS YOU FUCKING HOMOSEXUALS.

Thought this might be of note people are saying Yuko got caught trying to make a Ryona/gore thread about herself???
https://boards.4channel.org/vt/thread/47808025
Probably a nothingburger, shopping the analytics link onto tweets to start a bait thread has been a common prank for a while now.

kestraline

Early Adopter
Didn't see anyone post this but Prism posted the first look at the new gen

Edit: holy FUCK a flat girl with short hair that isn't a loli. :eyehearts:

Nice but even with Sony backing, Prism has always remained irrelevant.

Feel bad for the girls who get in thinking they will get somewhere being in there, when Prism doesn't give a fuck about promotion or doing stuff to get noticed.

DelusionTree

Early Adopter
She's been quiet for four days on both her Twitter and Discord. I know her health's been a bit shaky, so I hope she's okay.

View attachment 21527
POST ARCHIVE LINKS YOU FUCKING HOMOSEXUALS.
1682176083246528.png
Was deleted before anyone archived.

As for Yuri being missing, this break was planned several days before her last stream and hostages are just sperging out over every detail.
My thought is that she will probably use the time to finally decide to quit twitch or not.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Nice but even with Sony backing, Prism has always remained irrelevant.

Feel bad for the girls who get in thinking they will get somewhere being in there, when Prism doesn't give a fuck about promotion or doing stuff to get noticed.
I agree but I wonder if they care.

They will clearly get a fat check from Sony maybe their goal is to just exist.

It sucks but not every tuber wants to grow some just want a net and that's what corps like prism are there for as long as none of them outright bomb they can leave everything up to whatever manager they are stuck with and coast.

Svarog

Saviorfag
Early Adopter

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
Do we still have any information on the next Phase-Connect invaders, either hinting towards anyone or counting them out? As far as I can tell, it's just been some of the talents saying they've met them/"they're sooner than you think", and the silhouettes here that could be either invader or gen3 related.
moonjelly was a high "probably invader". one of the offkai tweet could be a reference to her and she mixed the shiina lumi collabo song.

and we all know how much fishman loves making talents pull double duty
Yeah, Shiina saying the cover was made ASAP made me think maybe Moonjelly is in the PC slave basement or something.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Not sure if anyone was talking about this at all but Selen Tatsuki was invited by Nocturnal to participate in the Apex Rising Tournament, a charity fundraiser for AIDS research and prevention hosted and organised by a former pro and current ALGS shoutcaster, Falloutt.

The standard of play is much higher than V-Saikyo as each team comprises of at least Diamond players, but spearheaded by pros like Hal, Sweet, Snip3down etc. Unlike V-Saikyo, too, there were 40 teams and it was a double elimination format.

Nocturnal's team of him, Selen, and a female challenger indie streamer called Ashwie_ came 1st in Group A, and then qualified for Grand Finals by finishing 9th in Winners Bracket. They unfortunately finished 16th in Grand Finals yesterday, but this is the least interesting part of the streams.

Selen was invited as a last minute entry as someone else dropped out, but the chemistry between her and Noct quickly led to them becoming the most-donated team and blowing past the $5,000 goal. Amazed by this, Falloutt called them on stream to thank them, and cited Selen as the main reason this was happening. They explained that they had established stretch goals at $5k, $7.5k and $10k to order each other cursed pizzas, and Falloutt said that he'd join in too at $15k.

Amidst all this, someone told Nocturnal about Ouro Kronii blending a subway sandwich and he blocked her Twitter live on stream. Despite this, NiceWigg - a former pro, Noct's friend and official commentator for the tournament - was watching Noct's stream at this time and told Noct that they'd drink a blended subway sandwich on their podcast. Both of them ganged up on Selen and told her she'd be invited to the podcast to join them in the act.

The tournament ended and Noct's team finished 1st in overall donations at about $18k. Falloutt was blown away and fired up a second stream of him discovering V-Tubers (which is sadly now mostly Lost Media, as in the same stream he also drove around his neighbourhood looking for pizza which was a doxxers' wet dream). Fans introduced him to V-Saikyo and, believing he had the facilities to assist ShibuyaHal in some kind of overseas collaboration, reached out to him on twitter.

The giggling purple dragon has somehow stumbled her way into blowing the wall between JP V-Tubers and the EN Apex pro scene wide open. Though I suppose you could also say that, if V-Saikyo suddenly has massive overseas presence, it's because Axel fought to give Selen her opportunity to snowball and network.
The whole TSB tournament arc was GOAT and I am happy for Selen. I hope Hal and Falloutt end up do working together to get something going. Would be awesome to see the scene grow.

I wonder is Kronii is aware of all this though lol
Given that this was Kronii's last prescence on Twitter:
Kronii is having a day

Archive

Yeah, I think she has other things she is worrying about...

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO
The giggling purple dragon has somehow stumbled her way into blowing the wall between JP V-Tubers and the EN Apex pro scene wide open. Though I suppose you could also say that, if V-Saikyo suddenly has massive overseas presence, it's because Axel fought to give Selen her opportunity to snowball and network.
axel-syrios-holostars.gif
axel-axel-syrios.gif

DINGO LOVE

BioBreak

You gonna eat that?
Early Adopter

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
Rindou Mikoto has set up a "global" Among Us thing. It's not really global because there are only EN and JP participating, but it's still an interesting concept.

Is there such a thing as Japanese ebonics? I dunno, a distinctly Korean or Ainu accent?

'cause Kyo leaning into it would be grand.
So true until you remember that the most superchatted niji vtubers are fat nerd males.
'British Accent' > 'Female' on the internet privilege scale.

Fear those who are both.

Edit:

This isn't healthy. Seek help @superduper

Last edited:

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
I'm having a :retard:moment, why is this waiting for tomarrow? All the schedual[say Saturday 12 pst, except Remi's doesn't list it

panko1.PNG
sahiinaschedcrab1.PNG
airicrabpon1.PNG

Also this is an hour later?

If they changed the collab time they should pin it, I'm old and confused! Also they shouldn't change it, fuck you phase weekly!

hololive ruined /jp/

Svarog

Saviorfag
Early Adopter
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom