"Did you enjoy my body?"Tabby Ragtan

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

21st Century Pipkin Man

rabbit's foot, vomit drawer
One of them might be moonjelly based on the quote that came with one of the silhouettes, also she mixed Shiina's and Lumi's cover.View attachment 21520
This makes it seem likely, but the thing that makes me think the silhouettes are not invaders but gen3, is that they are extremely detailed and recognizable despite the distortion effect. For example, the one you're referring to has the tiny little star antennae, and I'm assuming someone would have recognized the model they belong to by now. Same with whatever weird tail looking thing is poking out of #1.

soap suds

Rindou Mikoto has set up a "global" Among Us thing. It's not really global because there are only EN and JP participating, but it's still an interesting concept.

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter
Im kinda curious. Do yall show vtuber songs to friends/family irl? I always had that kind of thing with my sister where we would always show each other new songs/music style. But no one in my circle know what a vtuber is and would probably think its hella cringe. And i know for a fact that she would fall in love with suisei.
I shared demondice rap with my cousin, half hoping it'd piss him off

Watamate

Previously known as Tatsunoko
Early Adopter
MiniGPT 4 is really good at recognizing pictures now.

1682176558562.png

Kourai

Not pictured: the will to live
Early Adopter
Archivist

These mega-medleys sometimes highlight songs that I missed. For example:

The song itself is for a Hololive Alternative promo and isn't mind-blowing, but I thought a song with Moona, Suisei, IRyS and AZKi would have appeared on my radar much earlier. (I tried searching for those four names as well as the video ID and didn't find it in this thread.)

Im kinda curious. Do yall show vtuber songs to friends/family irl? I always had that kind of thing with my sister where we would always show each other new songs/music style. But no one in my circle know what a vtuber is and would probably think its hella cringe. And i know for a fact that she would fall in love with suisei.
I've shown people Gura and Suisei's karaokes as well as concert clips, most recently clips of Risu, Ollie/Haachama, and HoloX from 4th fes. The karaokes were for people whom I thought would like their voices. The concert clips were for people who liked concerts, and also to show the production value and the variations in style that exist. Those people liked the music and asked a bit about how it works, but I don't think they'll fall down the rabbit hole any time soon. I don't think I've shown anyone original studio pieces.

Speaking of music, acapella Risu:

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY
Shortly after Myth debuted, I got my buddy to listen to the Deadbeats EP with me expecting it to be total cringe. It did end up being cringey, it's Mori after all, but it also ended up being pretty good and the whole experience made me take vtubing as a whole more seriously. If it weren't for the Boss Wigger teaching me that it wasn't necessarily just all cutesy idol shit I would've never fallen this far down the rabbit hole.

Renmai

Shiori, what the fuck are you talking about?
Early Adopter
I've had Moona's High Tide accidentally start playing on Spotify in the car while driving co workers. No one said anything *shrug*. Prob sounded like a normal pop song.

Empty_Inbox

🏆 Thread Recap links are in my Profile Posts
Early Adopter
Deranged Archivist
I like the EIEN Kiki's waiting rooms, she sometimes puts trailers related to topic. For example, this stream is about art, and waiting room trailer is about pixel art daily. Is there someone who puts trailers to waiting rooms? I mean individual vtubers, not big company events, like new gen reveals and such

EDIT: I guess it doesn't work when shared like that? It plays on YouTube

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I'm an only child, I have no friends or any close family other than my parents, and my parents are not interested in anything "internet" unless it's social media or cat pictures. So there's not many options, my parents would probably just mock me playfully if I were to genuinely show them weeb music, "Haha... that's very nice... I don't really get what they're saying but I guess it sounds nice?"

Either way there's very few people who would enjoy jpop where I live, music tastes here are as generic as possible because everyone's a normie and likes the same 3 genres: Latino ape music, generic US pop from the 80s-2010s and countryside instrumentals.

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
I'd like to thank Pippa for following this account (no doubt why it shows up in this thread) as every day I see it in a sea of retweet spam (thanks again Pippa).
Screenshot_20230422-103651_Chrome~2.jpg

I mean to be fair, Kson is at least a 6 out of 10. Maybe less with the Southern debuff

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO
1682178290926.png

Dingo has run into Nachoneko,Aka(Yeah the mangaka) and RPR.He is so stupid :whatastory:

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
I'd like to thank Pippa for following this account (no doubt why it shows up in this thread) as every day I see it in a sea of retweet spam (thanks again Pippa). View attachment 21522
I mean to be fair, Kson is at least a 6 out of 10. Maybe less with the Southern debuff
I occasionally repost memes from Banned VT memes to support Panko.

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
I've only shown Shallys because it's a legitimately great song and very unique, and a few of Risu's covers/live performances to show her potential as a singer. Otherwise I hide the fact I actually like vtuber pop like I have the plague. I wish there was a Hololive member who did metal, and not Imagine Dragons tier pop metal, I mean like heavy metal you'd be listening to in Iron Maiden or Judas Priest.
In term of metal ( not at all like iron maiden or judas priest ) hakka is the best bet. And i also feel like his songs are easier for the normies ears. Typical dark anime style songs.

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
Shortly after Myth debuted, I got my buddy to listen to the Deadbeats EP with me expecting it to be total cringe. It did end up being cringey, it's Mori after all, but it also ended up being pretty good and the whole experience made me take vtubing as a whole more seriously. If it weren't for the Boss Wigger teaching me that it wasn't necessarily just all cutesy idol shit I would've never fallen this far down the rabbit hole.

And now here you are slaughtering nigresses.

Trying to watch Kiara play Thief Simulator, why why why why do these fucking women have fucking hysterical panic breakdowns over video games?

Scuddle

Pope of にじさんじ
Not sure if anyone was talking about this at all but Selen Tatsuki was invited by Nocturnal to participate in the Apex Rising Tournament, a charity fundraiser for AIDS research and prevention hosted and organised by a former pro and current ALGS shoutcaster, Falloutt.

The standard of play is much higher than V-Saikyo as each team comprises of at least Diamond players, but spearheaded by pros like Hal, Sweet, Snip3down etc. Unlike V-Saikyo, too, there were 40 teams and it was a double elimination format.

Nocturnal's team of him, Selen, and a female challenger indie streamer called Ashwie_ came 1st in Group A, and then qualified for Grand Finals by finishing 9th in Winners Bracket. They unfortunately finished 16th in Grand Finals yesterday, but this is the least interesting part of the streams.

Selen was invited as a last minute entry as someone else dropped out, but the chemistry between her and Noct quickly led to them becoming the most-donated team and blowing past the $5,000 goal. Amazed by this, Falloutt called them on stream to thank them, and cited Selen as the main reason this was happening. They explained that they had established stretch goals at $5k, $7.5k and $10k to order each other cursed pizzas, and Falloutt said that he'd join in too at $15k.

Amidst all this, someone told Nocturnal about Ouro Kronii blending a subway sandwich and he blocked her Twitter live on stream. Despite this, NiceWigg - a former pro, Noct's friend and official commentator for the tournament - was watching Noct's stream at this time and told Noct that they'd drink a blended subway sandwich on their podcast. Both of them ganged up on Selen and told her she'd be invited to the podcast to join them in the act.

The tournament ended and Noct's team finished 1st in overall donations at about $18k. Falloutt was blown away and fired up a second stream of him discovering V-Tubers (which is sadly now mostly Lost Media, as in the same stream he also drove around his neighbourhood looking for pizza which was a doxxers' wet dream). Fans introduced him to V-Saikyo and, believing he had the facilities to assist ShibuyaHal in some kind of overseas collaboration, reached out to him on twitter.

The giggling purple dragon has somehow stumbled her way into blowing the wall between JP V-Tubers and the EN Apex pro scene wide open. Though I suppose you could also say that, if V-Saikyo suddenly has massive overseas presence, it's because Axel fought to give Selen her opportunity to snowball and network.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Not sure if anyone was talking about this at all but Selen Tatsuki was invited by Nocturnal to participate in the Apex Rising Tournament, a charity fundraiser for AIDS research and prevention hosted and organised by a former pro and current ALGS shoutcaster, Falloutt.

The standard of play is much higher than V-Saikyo as each team comprises of at least Diamond players, but spearheaded by pros like Hal, Sweet, Snip3down etc. Unlike V-Saikyo, too, there were 40 teams and it was a double elimination format.

Nocturnal's team of him, Selen, and a female challenger indie streamer called Ashwie_ came 1st in Group A, and then qualified for Grand Finals by finishing 9th in Winners Bracket. They unfortunately finished 16th in Grand Finals yesterday, but this is the least interesting part of the streams.

Selen was invited as a last minute entry as someone else dropped out, but the chemistry between her and Noct quickly led to them becoming the most-donated team and blowing past the $5,000 goal. Amazed by this, Falloutt called them on stream to thank them, and cited Selen as the main reason this was happening. They explained that they had established stretch goals at $5k, $7.5k and $10k to order each other cursed pizzas, and Falloutt said that he'd join in too at $15k.

Amidst all this, someone told Nocturnal about Ouro Kronii blending a subway sandwich and he blocked her Twitter live on stream. Despite this, NiceWigg - a former pro, Noct's friend and official commentator for the tournament - was watching Noct's stream at this time and told Noct that they'd drink a blended subway sandwich on their podcast. Both of them ganged up on Selen and told her she'd be invited to the podcast to join them in the act.

The tournament ended and Noct's team finished 1st in overall donations at about $18k. Falloutt was blown away and fired up a second stream of him discovering V-Tubers (which is sadly now mostly Lost Media, as in the same stream he also drove around his neighbourhood looking for pizza which was a doxxers' wet dream). Fans introduced him to V-Saikyo and, believing he had the facilities to assist ShibuyaHal in some kind of overseas collaboration, reached out to him on twitter.

The giggling purple dragon has somehow stumbled her way into blowing the wall between JP V-Tubers and the EN Apex pro scene wide open. Though I suppose you could also say that, if V-Saikyo suddenly has massive overseas presence, it's because Axel fought to give Selen her opportunity to snowball and network.
The only thing I got from that is that a bunch of FPS addicted normies have discovered vtubing for the detriment of everyone, is that right?

this shit

fuck it
I'd like to thank Pippa for following this account (no doubt why it shows up in this thread) as every day I see it in a sea of retweet spam (thanks again Pippa). View attachment 21522
So true until you remember that the most superchatted niji vtubers are fat nerd males.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
The only thing I got from that is that a bunch of FPS addicted normies have discovered vtubing for the detriment of everyone, is that right?
Atleast they didnt discover vtubing through Vshoujo

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
Is it incel hour at Banned VT Memes? Must be a day that ends in __ber.

chihirogumi

So true until you remember that the most superchatted niji vtubers are fat nerd males.
Doesn't even have to be vtubers either. Look at Dream. Man looks like the old troll face.

Such a positive ending to her recent Apex arc after feeling very disappointed in her performance on tourney day. Shit like this is what I love about vtubing. Noct is a bro for inviting her and lifting her spirits. I wonder is Kronii is aware of all this though lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom