"I can't say deez boobs alright? It doesn't roll off the tongue"Sayu Sincronisity

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harrow Prime

Among Other Names.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband
Kronii has a ring on her middle finger, a graduation ring her dad gave her.

what no one knows is that there's a second ring on her ring finger from me.

ViolentNugget

Confirmed Unicorn
Regarding Selen's tweets:

TSB had a huge fundamental issue in that it seemed Axel wanted to be IGL because he was the Captain, despite the fact that he recruited Selen who is a much stronger player overall. They tried to remedy this by splitting IGL responsibilities between 'Rotation' (Axel) and 'Fight' (Selen).

The problem was that the quality of Selen's fight calls are entirely dependent on:
A) The quality of Axel's rotations and
B) The fact that Axel often tried to take over Fight IGL whenever he saw a team he thought he could maybe kill anyway.

Axel was given only a month to learn how to rotate at a similar level of quality to other players like Noah, Qpi, Gorilla etc which was just never going to happen. His methodology seemed to centre around recognising 'good spots' based on where he saw other pro teams go in similar rings, and even Noct had to tell him that just because it worked in some VOD doesn't mean the current game he's in has any of the same circumstances.

In other words, Axel would land them in incredibly unsafe spots or outright drop them out in the open in front of other teams, and then pass the IGL over to Selen to take over the fight calls. She couldn't.

This isn't 'blame', by the way. If Selen refused to be IGL then her counter-calling and subsequent knocking of Axel's confidence is entirely on her - and I think her vow to become an IGL in the future may indicate that to have been the case.

Even so, Axel seemingly didn't learn some obvious bad landing spots which always put them in trouble; for example, they tried to 'hold' the bottom of a hill that had Pakael shooting down on them and Noah shooting them from the house opposite. If one team doesn't fuck them, the other will. Axel made this position call 4 times in scrims and they died in 3 of them. He then decided to make the same call on tournament day which is where Selen detached and she died early. Small wonder she was heartbroken by that.

What was interesting to me though was the lack of faith at least Axel seemed to have in their ability to take 3v3s. TSB were arguably one of the strongest teams at taking fights in the whole tournament, and in scrims they fucked up Noah's team so badly they either outright died or were forced to disengage - this included a fight in the very house that, on tournament day, they didn't dare push and ended up getting caught out.

All this is to say that TSB were a very strong team that had all players in the wrong roles. I'd like to see TSB come back one day in the future, with Selen as IGL. I think they'll become the team they want to be at that point.

And hey, as I've always said, these tournaments always create these stories of victory and humiliation. Selen should know better than anyone what her oshi Chihiro has had to endure participating in these things. Even this very tournament had some mild drama with Astel, Ars and Sena not really getting along very well but they did really well in the end. Nekota Tsuna and Tokoyami Towa are reunited since the former graduated from Niji and they finished dead last. AQF dominated scrims and finished 12th.

I think Selen has realised she can't just turn up to a tournament after not touching Apex for months at a time and roll the likes of Noah. For better or worse, we may very well be entering an arc where Selen and Axel take their practice more seriously in the hopes of reuniting in the future, and that'll be fucking awesome.

At the very least, I hope the three of them realise that this last month was just a lot of great content, and that their performance on the day doesn't undo the value of their work as content creators for their respective content creator companies.

I doubt we've seen the last of TSB.

Anyway, I'll continue to be here less for the foreseeable as I have a lot going on.

Take your meds. Don't let this place come as dangerously close to being a /vt/ overflow as it was a month ago. Watch Kotoka Torahime whenever you can.
Them constantly relying on valk ulting to get for rotations fucked them over, especially on the later rings they would just sit in a building until the ring started to close in and then be late on rotate which gets them killed a lot, would've like to have seen Altare on Caustic instead of valk since it would've helped a lot of the team fights they had

ViolentNugget

Confirmed Unicorn

what no one knows is that there's a second ring on her ring finger from me.
I'll cut off every finger you have if that ever happens

Harrow Prime

Among Other Names.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband
Them constantly relying on valk ulting to get for rotations fucked them over, especially on the later rings they would just sit in a building until the ring started to close in and then be late on rotate which gets them killed a lot, would've like to have seen Altare on Caustic instead of valk since it would've helped a lot of the team fights they had
what the fuck, a not insane ViolentNugget post?

I'll cut off every finger you have if that ever happens
oh, back into it I guess.
it comes and goes like the tide a meaty chicken tide of anger hate and ranch sauce.
What a shitty tide.

Last edited:

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
what the fuck, a not insane ViolentNugget post?

oh, back into it I guess.
it comes and goes like the tide a meaty chicken tide of anger hate and ranch sauce.

niggaphil

I agreed that Altare should not choose the Valk for the competition, he should choose something more defensive like Lifeline. I watched both TSB and Laplus team playing. Laplus is being chilled on the ring, and constantly used ult to obtain better defensive loots on the go (because she is bad at playing, so their team also play defensively).

However, I don't agree about the point on sit in the building. I saw a when the ring closed after 10~15 mins, there is still 17~18 groups in a small ring. Everyone played very defensively. Most of the team only went offensive when the ring of closure area fucked them over, or they had very bad loot.

Axel played very risky and always try to gamble on landing site with Valk, and always get fucked in the end. So yeah, changing the Valk into other characters should increase their chances

SZ 109

Archive:
[youtube-Yuko Yurei Ch. idol-EN] - 100k UNARCHIVED SINGING! [FCybTi655kk][1681858883].mp4
[youtube-Araminta Aminthe Ch. 【FlaVR】] - [ZATSUDAN] Zatsudan! Who's Dan! [IMFxi_k3Vj0][1681678827].mp4

Gofile

Sort by date / filter from the top right.
These archives expire, and aren't proper archives.
Feel free to make a proper reupload.

God's Strongest Dragoon

Regarding Selen's tweets:

TSB had a huge fundamental issue in that it seemed Axel wanted to be IGL because he was the Captain, despite the fact that he recruited Selen who is a much stronger player overall. They tried to remedy this by splitting IGL responsibilities between 'Rotation' (Axel) and 'Fight' (Selen).

The problem was that the quality of Selen's fight calls are entirely dependent on:
A) The quality of Axel's rotations and
B) The fact that Axel often tried to take over Fight IGL whenever he saw a team he thought he could maybe kill anyway.

Axel was given only a month to learn how to rotate at a similar level of quality to other players like Noah, Qpi, Gorilla etc which was just never going to happen. His methodology seemed to centre around recognising 'good spots' based on where he saw other pro teams go in similar rings, and even Noct had to tell him that just because it worked in some VOD doesn't mean the current game he's in has any of the same circumstances.

In other words, Axel would land them in incredibly unsafe spots or outright drop them out in the open in front of other teams, and then pass the IGL over to Selen to take over the fight calls. She couldn't.

This isn't 'blame', by the way. If Selen refused to be IGL then her counter-calling and subsequent knocking of Axel's confidence is entirely on her - and I think her vow to become an IGL in the future may indicate that to have been the case.

Even so, Axel seemingly didn't learn some obvious bad landing spots which always put them in trouble; for example, they tried to 'hold' the bottom of a hill that had Pakael shooting down on them and Noah shooting them from the house opposite. If one team doesn't fuck them, the other will. Axel made this position call 4 times in scrims and they died in 3 of them. He then decided to make the same call on tournament day which is where Selen detached and she died early. Small wonder she was heartbroken by that.

What was interesting to me though was the lack of faith at least Axel seemed to have in their ability to take 3v3s. TSB were arguably one of the strongest teams at taking fights in the whole tournament, and in scrims they fucked up Noah's team so badly they either outright died or were forced to disengage - this included a fight in the very house that, on tournament day, they didn't dare push and ended up getting caught out.

All this is to say that TSB were a very strong team that had all players in the wrong roles. I'd like to see TSB come back one day in the future, with Selen as IGL. I think they'll become the team they want to be at that point.

And hey, as I've always said, these tournaments always create these stories of victory and humiliation. Selen should know better than anyone what her oshi Chihiro has had to endure participating in these things. Even this very tournament had some mild drama with Astel, Ars and Sena not really getting along very well but they did really well in the end. Nekota Tsuna and Tokoyami Towa are reunited since the former graduated from Niji and they finished dead last. AQF dominated scrims and finished 12th.

I think Selen has realised she can't just turn up to a tournament after not touching Apex for months at a time and roll the likes of Noah. For better or worse, we may very well be entering an arc where Selen and Axel take their practice more seriously in the hopes of reuniting in the future, and that'll be fucking awesome.

At the very least, I hope the three of them realise that this last month was just a lot of great content, and that their performance on the day doesn't undo the value of their work as content creators for their respective content creator companies.

I doubt we've seen the last of TSB.

Anyway, I'll continue to be here less for the foreseeable as I have a lot going on.

Take your meds. Don't let this place come as dangerously close to being a /vt/ overflow as it was a month ago. Watch Kotoka Torahime whenever you can.

Yeah, their rotations were pretty fucking awful. They always moved late and when they did move, they relied entirely on Valk ult. Instead of actually maneuvering, they just painted a huge target on their backs every time they Valk ulted and got punished in almost every round. The absolute zero scouting into a Valk ult only made it worse because they'd fly blind right into a bad area like Round 2 where at least half the lobby would have already rotated into place before they even spun up the Valk ult, so they were always just coming down into teams that were dug in deep. Even in Round 3 when they could have pushed forward through the buildings, they decided to play edge and they seem to forget that they actually suck at edge in scrims. The Valk pick was exposed pretty hard because of their play and it cost them multiple rounds. The only round that they didn't do trash in was in Round 1, where they happened to get a building that they could sit in for 80% of the game (granted it wasn't the best position and they should have been punished much earlier for that position based on team positions). If they really wanted the Valk pick, they needed to either grab a Seer as well or do the due diligence to rotate faster.
I think a huge point is that during the scrims, they were doing relatively alright. They had some rounds where they got wrecked but they almost always had at least 1 round where they could pop off and just dumpster enough folks to make them feel confident in their play. This just gave them a false idea of how they would perform, as a few teams weren't taking it super seriously (fucking Matsuri spent half the scrims flirting with her teammates). When it came down to the real thing, their bad decisions put them in instant death for multiple rounds in a row, which just added to the tilt factor that they never addressed and their false sense of confidence was broken super hard.

Harrow Prime

Among Other Names.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband
First handcam stream for her?
Whose ring will be on her finger?
Huh weird, someone just left these laying on the floor, sure hope no one picks them up for any reason 🗡️🗡️
Now normally I'd report this to one of the guards. However...

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
Only the strongest can wrangle the /here/ as well as Beatani did. It helps she was just as unhinged as some of the more extreme dads.
9/10 out of chan-pandering teenagers to women: "Oh! So edgy! So cool! I wanna be like that, too! Wait, oww, AAAAAH it burns!"

Beatani when pandering to 4chan: "Get on my level, scrubs."

Though specific to Kiki, yeah, she's got a super-schizo. Used to shit up/bot /vrt/, too.

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
Agreed. Valk is used to rotate if u have no other options ( and will probably die from it ) or if you know a god spot is open or easily griefable ( 3rd party )

But the biggest issue axel had is him not playing with his team. His igl was for himself and he just expected selen and altare to know whats on his mind half the time/ and pushing fight with shitty angles instead of fighting with his team

niggaphil

Agreed. Valk is used to rotate if u have no other options ( and will probably die from it ) or if you know a god spot is open or easily griefable ( 3rd party )

But the biggest issue axel had is him not playing with his team. His igl was for himself and he just expected selen and altare to know whats on his mind half the time/ and pushing fight with shitty angles instead of fighting with his team
That's why Axel is the GLADIATOR, not the HERO :smugpipi:
I think he and Selen can fight and shoot competently, but both of them are not a good leader in making a call
Maybe Altare could be a better coordinator/leader if he acts as sniper and scouting, but again, Vsaikyo sent the invitation to Axel after all....

One month for any of them was not enough to be a competent igl. They just didnt learned how to bounce back up when it matters and thats when the experience of other competitors came in handy.
Agreed. Unless they are dedicated 40~50% of their time to playing as a team together in Apex Legend, but I doubt that gonna happen. Even Selen said they probably won't collab in a long term after this Vsaikyo in one of the scrims.

Last edited:

SandyCat

Frog enjoyer

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband

Bob from accounting

Bear Enjoyer
9/10 out of chan-pandering teenagers to women: "Oh! So edgy! So cool! I wanna be like that, too! Wait, oww, AAAAAH it burns!"

Beatani when pandering to 4chan: "Get on my level, scrubs."

Though specific to Kiki, yeah, she's got a super-schizo. Used to shit up/bot /vrt/, too.
:beataniugh: God I miss that crazy bear.

I'd imagine Kiki will figure something out simply because she's been at this for awhile but I do hope she just plays the song remix on a stream calls him a retard and moves on but I have an admitted bias in seeing people's oshi's absolutely crush them.

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
That's why Axel is the GLADIATOR, not the HERO :smugpipi:
I think he and Selen can fight and shoot competently, but both of them are not a good leader in making a call
Maybe Altare could be a better coordinator/leader if he acts as sniper and scouting, but again, Vsaikyo sent the invitation to Axel after all....
One month for any of them was not enough to be a competent igl. They just didnt learned how to bounce back up when it matters and thats when the experience of other competitors came in handy.

Oh god i hate this song so much. WAK

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
Alright, now we are gonna have a super duper good time

Lurker Throwaway

❄🐮⛓🔅📕💢🔩🎩🦅️🧸🫧🏹🦖🦊🦈🎨🍹️♾️🐧🎇🐍🪶🎴⚗️🐸
Archive:
[youtube-Yuko Yurei Ch. idol-EN] - 100k UNARCHIVED SINGING! [FCybTi655kk][1681858883].mp4
[youtube-Araminta Aminthe Ch. 【FlaVR】] - [ZATSUDAN] Zatsudan! Who's Dan! [IMFxi_k3Vj0][1681678827].mp4

Gofile

Sort by date / filter from the top right.
These archives expire, and aren't proper archives.
Feel free to make a proper reupload.
Here's another download for Yuko's Unarchived Karaoke Stream
untitled-f448487.png
Mega Link - Yuko Yurei - 100k UNARCHIVED SINGING!
Mega Link - My Archived Videos

niggaphil

ValkyrieAce

in a toxic relationship with IRyS
Gets updated model. Goes straight back to her casual outfit.

You keep doing you, Kronii!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom