"Just because I said something factually associated with the country does not mean it's racist"Kyo Kaneko

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
What a truly riveting experience from this Gura stream. Complete and utter silence for an hour only broken by a bug jump scaring her.

Lia on the other hand is doing worm insertion ASMR as she gives chat a friend inside their head.
That's fucking disgusting. I saw her thumb and just thought: NOPE, Lia can't do any ASMR. Can't fool me Lia. She should do a blowfly girl stream though.

2DUM4U

Early Adopter
"Amelia Watson has short blonde hair and wears a beige trench coat and a detective hat, rainy city background, anime art style"

FYI Sherlock Holmes' trademark hat is called a Deerstalker (link). The AI is interpreting "detective hat" to mean fedora, as in the trademark headwear of film noir detectives (link).

Also arists will always find their bread. Like, all the uncanny atrocities you need to get through before you can actually get decent results, you don't really go to an artist because you want a picture of vague anime girl. You go for an image of that anime girl MADE by that artist, his style, quirks and all, which ai cant do and at most will probably generate something generic as a result as the best outcome

You know what this all reminds me of? Back in the 1800s, there was a new invention: photography. All of a sudden it seemed like the artists who had spent countless generations perfecting their craft became obsolete. Artists had to reexamine what it meant to be an artist, and what the goal of their art was. It was in the wake of the invention of photography that various modern art schools began. Simultaneously, not only did photography itself become an art form, but it gave rise to the newer art forms of film and animation, which reincorporated the skills of hand drawing.

I see AI art as a similar innovation. It's very exciting to see what it will lead to.

Gura is now telling us that she is seeing and hearing apparitions IRL. Multiple instances of things out of the corner of her eye.

She said she's started talking to "it".

"Now Gura, you say you can see it?"

"Sometimes."

"And it speaks to you?"

"Yes."

"Is it in the room with us right now?"

"I... don't think so."

"And does it- What did you say it's name was?"

"Senzawa."

"Ah, yes. Does 'Senzawa' ever tell you to do things?"

"Drink, mostly."

EDIT: It just occurred to me that the vtubers could have separate hashtags for AI created art to separated it from normal art. I mean, there is definitely going to be an ocean of AI created vtuber art soon. Hashtags like #AImelia or #KronAI will probably be common soon.

EDIT: Speaking of...

Last edited:

Random_Cultist

Nominal Lurker
Early Adopter
where some people think that AI generated art is the most morally corrupt thing on the planet.
Its because now that NFTs are "defeated" they had to find a new thing to get morally righteous over. And just like NFTs they will become far more annoying than the people in favor of it.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Pretty sure they did the call for Video Editor about 2 months ago. Not sure if the other positions were there or did some get added.
They could be hiring multiple video editors. They would use video editors for advertisements, clipping, promotional streams, events, etc.

Kazuma

Early Adopter
What a truly riveting experience from this Gura stream. Complete and utter silence for an hour only broken by a bug jump scaring her.

Lia on the other hand is doing worm insertion ASMR as she gives chat a friend inside their head.

I haven't caught an Ame stream in a while. Has she had a Spanish translator for a while? Someone has been live translating all stream into Spanish.
View attachment 1798
That person has been her Spanish translator since the beginning I think. He's also one of the admins of Ame fandiscord.

ChilChakSack

Send gastralia and fourth trochanter.
Early Adopter
I'm surprised that this one completely flew under the threads radar, or at least was not mentioned here:

Juniper and Fredrick Knudsen did a stream together that I think a lot of people here would enjoy, especially when they start talking about peoples of interest like this guy:

and Amanda Turcol who has a thread on the home land.
Juniper continues to hint at her hidden power level.

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
"Senzawa."
I’m in the process of getting through the wolf vod, and there’s a few spaz’s in chat who think they are super cool and special because they know le forbidden knowledge. I think it’d be hilarious if she just tweeted as Senzawa, “because you can’t control yourselves…” and then deleted/privated the account.

Also to be clear, the game she’s playing uses the players irl mic for…something? So it seems like being quiet is how you keep monsters or whatever away? Kind of a lame gimmick for streaming, but just mentioning it so people don’t think she’s just refusing to talk for no reason.

Edit: ‘late’ about 2 things no one else has said? I no understand.

Last edited:

BioBreak

You gonna eat that?
Early Adopter
- Can try out all sorts of styles and designs as free rough drafts before requesting an artist to do a finalized design.

I treat AI art as a quick and effective way to streamline concepts for personal pet projects, like making vague character concept arts for a DnD group. Especially for artistically challenged people. No need to seek out a random artist to commission them for stuff like that, until you want something more out of it.
Sometimes you just want something small and minor whipped up within the hour that you can play around with after in Photoshop. Minor shit that scratches a particular image in your head without necessarily getting an actual artist to do it. Case in point:

HOLOVICE.jpg

It's not perfect, but for scratching an impulsive mental image itch of actualizing the general image of "an alternative Amelia Watson poster in the vein of Inherent Vice/LA Confidential" - this little AI exercise satisfies it. It wasn't something I needed nor would've actually shelled out money to an artist for. Without the AI, this shit would've just languished in my head. It's just an impulse and ultimately unimportant that I probably won't give a shit about it after a week or two.

FYI Sherlock Holmes' trademark hat is called a Deerstalker (link). The AI is interpreting "detective hat" to mean fedora, as in the trademark headwear of film noir detectives
I initially tried using "Deerstalker hat" as a prompt but the AI seemed to be having trouble with it even after a couple of passes so I gave up and went with the generalized "detective hat" and that seemed to do the trick.

Last edited:

Gravedigger

Most of the time, my own...
Early Adopter
I think Vesper just wants to avoid the problem I've seen with a lot of modern post 5e/Critikal Role DnD where the DM is effectively a waiter for his players and the players are almost spoiled children in what they expect from the campaign. The always expecting a win types, the types who want to just have things go there way as long as they aren't a murder hobo, the type who can go "Hey can I get/use/be X" and the DM is expected to say "Yes" at every point otherwise they are "stifling" them. The type that overly values "fun" over "engagement". I think conflict, restriction, and harshness leads to people who are willing to roll with the punches to a better more engaging game because if you can just do whatever you want then it is hard to be engaged for very long. Their is a real limit to how much fun "just having fun" is IME when it comes to stuff like this. I remember a really old time DM made a huge essay post explaining this concept, and he effectively said that being an overly kind DM with your players is like eating junk food, it is nice for a moment but it is really unfulfilling.

My current problem with Vesper from how he's explained his TTRPG experiences so far is he I think over reached with trying to explain what a "Munchkin" is to someone like Magni who has no clue about this stuff. A Munchkin is an incredibly specific type of power gaming player as they're the type who tries to play full exploit Coffeelock unironically, and then Magni attributed it to stupid shit like "Anyone who plays Half Elf is a munchkin because they have good racial stats and Darkvision." I find these types of DMs who throw around the term "Munchkin" focus far too much on power in a player's build and will wag their finger if you dare make a strong build by trying to cuck you out somehow because you being good at something is "hogging spotlight" when you quite literally made your character to be good at that thing on purpose. Like you should be ashamed that you made your archer Fighter actually really good at shooting a bow for some reason. These types of DMs also tend to reeeeally hate Fighters for some reason due to how on the surface exploitable you can make a Fighter in 5e.
Quite the reasonable take. I wound rather seldom outright stop players form trying anything if they think it's funny, but I'm going to provide logical consequences for their stupid actions.
Their first stream talking about the possibility of a TTRPG stream went a bit deeper than what I would think would make sense for someone like Magni who has no clue what is even possible, strong or unbalanced.

Complete and utter silence for an hour only broken by a bug jump scaring her.
She has a " *this game can hear me " on screen, so it makes sense she is not talking much. But I agree it's a stupid decision for a streamer to use such a feature.

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
She eventually turned off the microphone detection so she could talk and not just "marinate in my own spooky juices."

PassiveUnaggressive

Early Adopter

Tamavitch

Pig in human clothing

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Its because now that NFTs are "defeated" they had to find a new thing to get morally righteous over. And just like NFTs they will become far more annoying than the people in favor of it.
The people who hate AI art are (unsurprisingly) mainly artists, they had the horrible realization that most people can't tell the difference and AI art has the power to make their income/clout-source completely obsolete. I would normally also be against it, but since artfags are some of the most pompous people on the planet and I find them utterly insufferable, I am actually glad that they are getting knocked down a couple pegs, it will be even funnier when it affects the """professionals""" who paint 2 squares and sell for 100k by making up some bullshit.

thirteenorphans

I wanted to try my hand at AI art stuff but the new one I see being talked about requires shekels and I'm not sure I care enough.

Gura being Gura is fed up of the Backrooms game just short of 90mins in. To be honest, it does get a bit samey after they use the same jump scare gimmick for the 50th time.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
it will be even funnier when it affects the """professionals""" who paint 2 squares and sell for 100k by making up some bullshit.
No-one can convince me that this sort of shit isn't a mix of tax avoidance and money laundering.

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
Decided to try my hand at the Kronii AI and she immediately asked me on a date I just went with whatever she (and the story) wanted cause I'm not at all creative enough to do anything else so I prolly did not utilize her to the full potential I did take her to subway at one point for the meme tho I ended after we married and grew old together and got bored of saying "what should we do now"

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
Pippa is learning live Rackets got nuked.

Gravedigger

Most of the time, my own...
Early Adopter
By now we have Calli

and Kiara

saying they don't what AI art in their hashtags.
I've read a bit of your guys' conversation about it, but I still don't get what the fuss is about. Art is about feelings and shit, it should look good, how is it relevant how was made? Especially Kiara's "real" confuses me, how is this not real art?

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
Apparently Ame made a new hashtag for AI art live on stream, #aiAme

Once again getting this news from Reddit and having to see ridiculous tools like this:
1665018372832.png
Not the worst comment I’ve seen, but the worst in that thread.

I've read a bit of your guys' conversation about it, but I still don't get what the fuss is about. Art is about feelings and shit, it should look good, how is it relevant how was made?
Edit: Go back and read my posts about it, I think the easiest answer is it’s a confusing legal web that is not worth fighting over.

Last edited:

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
I've read a bit of your guys' conversation about it, but I still don't get what the fuss is about. Art is about feelings and shit, it should look good, how is it relevant how was made?
Possible copyright issues. Easiest way to avoid it is not to use AI-created art.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom