"If you hear a girl's voice and instantly go 'Must be a guy' you're gay"Shondo

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

masterstocking

Dogs are forever in the push-up position
Early Adopter
Screenshot_6.png

All of this talk about the shork leading to some pretty intense conversations (also, there may be some misinformation regarding her age...but come on, it is Twitter)

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY
I would like to remind you all that in 15 minutes the collaboration of the century will be taking place. Tomoe Umari and Sena Bonbon, brown girl unity is real :sanasmile:

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)
Hopping into Altare's karaoke for a little

Harrow Prime

Among Other Names.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband
View attachment 20454

All of this talk about the shork leading to some pretty intense conversations (also, there may be some misinformation regarding her age...but come on, it is Twitter)
Twitter is always on some shit with vtubers. Sucks that all of them pretty much need to use that site. Still, I like to run into chumbuds there and call their blue woman bad.

Johnny Jambalaya

99%
Early Adopter
Ward Security

Mumberthrax

War Cleric of TVA
Early Adopter
I would like to remind you all that in 15 minutes the collaboration of the century will be taking place. Tomoe Umari and Sena Bonbon, brown girl unity is real :sanasmile:

I didn't see it with a search, but Sena also recently (posted a few hours ago) made a live2d builder bear model for people to use in collabs if they don't have one:

And of course her own live2D 2.0 debut is coming up in 2 days.
1681517227420.png
(twitter)

Last edited:

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)
Do you think if you hit Nolan hard enough on the head you'll cure him?
Worth a shot I say.
In a new study, a drug that blocks sodium channels was shown to curb autism-associated behaviors such as hyperactivity in mice.

Harrow Prime

Among Other Names.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
I'm not. Goodwill is like currency, you shouldn't spend more than you're bringing in, and while sure Gura's one of the biggest names around fan patience is not unending and with so little streams she's not building up much more. I sympathise with her issues but damn girl, this is your job, start putting the effort and hours in or just officially go on hiatus/graduate already instead of keeping everyone twisting in the wind constantly.
While i agree goodwill as currency thing your actingly like shes slacking off.

which is wrong to put it mild. the only thing shes not doing is streams shes presumably working her ass off and while she should stream more what she gonna do tell cover to fuck off when they tell her to work on something?

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
Someone in chat asked Yuri/Lumi what the big difference between being in Cyberlive and Phase Connect is.

They both busted out laughing.
:whatastory:

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
Somebody posted a set of dottovu tweets in a screenshot on vt, i don't know if they were real but if they were shit fucking stings HARD:pippasadl:
At first i didn't wanted to post the screenshot, but i feel like i should because documenting stuff is important even if it may be fake.
1681507773376.jpg :painpeko::gunpeko::kroded::kropat:
:icanfixher:I CAN SAVE HER:icanfixher:I CAN SAVE HER:icanfixher:I CAN SAVE HER:icanfixher::pikameepain:
I CAN SAVE HER:icanfixher:I CAN SAVE HER:icanfixher:I CAN SAVE HER:icanfixher:I CAN SAVE HER:pikameepain:.

Zizara

No faith in Humanity
Dizzy's Wife
the only thing shes not doing is streams shes presumably working her ass off and while she should stream more what she gonna do tell cover to fuck off when they tell her to work on something?
Working her ass off doing what? Her job is to be a streamer. Which involves doing one thing: streaming. Not background tech, managing industry connections, working on ephemeral and undefined "projects", or whatever else people have floated.
She's the very front end product of Hololive, the entire company otherwise revolves around keeping her (and other talents) on camera as often as possible so they can bring in as much cash as possible. They'd have to be retarded to constantly tell her to do other things, and despite the stories I've heard about EN management I don't believe the company is retarded enough as a whole to be deliberately keeping Gura from streaming.
Edit: "Hololive does Idol content" - well it's not like Gura is busting her ass there, either, quit trying to deflect from the main point. We have other talents to compare to in regards to content produced. Kiara manages it. Calli manages it. They have results to show for all the effort they put in behind the scenes and they still manage regular streams on top of it with regular communication so the fans know what to expect and when. Gura doesn't and everyone knows it.

Last edited:

Piarro

Early Adopter
Working her ass off doing what? Her job is to be a streamer. Which involves doing one thing: streaming.
Do you know what Hololive is? They certainly do more than just stream.

It's starting.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Working her ass off doing what? Her job is to be a streamer. Which involves doing one thing: streaming. Not background tech, managing industry connections, working on ephemeral and undefined "projects", or whatever else people have floated.
She's the very front end product of Hololive, the entire company otherwise revolves around keeping her (and other talents) on camera as often as possible so they can bring in as much cash as possible. They'd have to be retarded to constantly tell her to do other things, and despite the stories I've heard about EN management I don't believe the company is retarded enough as a whole to be deliberately keeping Gura from streaming.
Streaming is part of it yes but not even most of it.

Like the idol shit or no thats where Covers actual interests lie and thats where they choose to focus Gura's efforts along with apparently Gura actually wanting to be an Idol.

Do you know what Hololive is? They certainly do more than just stream.
nobody tell him.

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)

Harrow Prime

Among Other Names.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband
Somebody posted a set of dottovu tweets in a screenshot on vt, i don't know if they were real but if they were shit fucking stings HARD:pippasadl:
At first i didn't wanted to post the screenshot, but i feel like i should because documenting stuff is important even if it may be fake.
View attachment 20464 :painpeko::gunpeko::kroded::kropat:
:icanfixher:I CAN SAVE HER:icanfixher:I CAN SAVE HER:icanfixher:I CAN SAVE HER:icanfixher::pikameepain:
I CAN SAVE HER:icanfixher:I CAN SAVE HER:icanfixher:I CAN SAVE HER:icanfixher:I CAN SAVE HER:pikameepain:.
Look I haven't taken the meds that make me more delusional than usual, you CAN'T do this to me right now damn it.
I'LL SAVE HER FIRST I'LL SAVE HER FIRST I'LL SAVE HER FIRST I'LL SAVE HER FIRST I'LL SAVE HER FIRST:pikameefuck:

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO

FoxBearGranma

__ __ / \.-"""-./ \ \ - - / |
Gura, "My allergies are here".

If she gets allergies as bad as I do I can see why she hasn't streamed this past week. I literally can't talk for a week after the trees jizz all over town.
Of course I would just post a tweet saying that....

Not-Username

Management does not get blamed enough for the non-communication issue. I believe it is a failure of Cover management as much if not more than Gura herself. If the talent is unable to communicate for whatever reason, the company should step in and do it for them. Cover has shown even with Japanese talents that they hesitate to do more than the absolute bare minimum when it comes to this.

But who knows, maybe I'm just a dumb Western fan and the Japanese fans are more willing to sit in silence.

It's not just the hair color. It's pretty much everything they can possibly do that isn't directly saying who their PL was (which likely breaks whatever agreement/NDA they have with PK). Sava/Gezu/Mozumi Pichi even uses the same intro music since vtuber corps are obsessed with using stock music.

She can go on as many breaks as she wants, the issue is she doesn't communitcate. Ever. People are far more tolerant of Ina, for example, because she actually keeps people in the loop. We know Ina is sick, we know Ina has to do work for her birthday in Japan, etc. Gura never says anything.

No one in their line of business has a shift in content frequency as big as Gura's and just never properly addresses it. If frequent periods of inactivity are the new norm for the forseeable future, then come out and say it. Don't pussy around the issue, and only show up when people get antsy. It just feels like teasing the fanbase with shit like "Fish is back!" and then radio silence. Cover and Gura are doing this to themselves.

"Hey, I am shifting my focus in Hololive from streaming to bigger projects. Due to this, for the forseeable future, I will unfortunately have less time to stream while I am working on them. I hope you all will look forward to the projects down the road and continue to support me!"

Or

"Unfortunately, my health issues have still made it difficult for me to stream on a regular, consistent basis. I need to divide my time between streams and work on projects while focusing on my own personal health. I hope you understand and continue to support me"

Or literally just anything, really, would do at this point.

My point is, she does if she is not expecting some kind of backlash, which her and Cover are clearly not if they continue the same crap from November-December last year. I am not expecting them to change, just frustrated with people expecting others to not say anything about it. It would be another thing entirely if this situation wasn't an exact repeat of when it happend just a couple months ago.

While i agree goodwill as currency thing your actingly like shes slacking off.

which is wrong to put it mild. the only thing shes not doing is streams shes presumably working her ass off and while she should stream more what she gonna do tell cover to fuck off when they tell her to work on something?
You niggas need to get a grip. Streamers don't owe you shit. Likewise you owe them nothing!
This is entertainment.
At most this is bad publicity for the streamer. If the fans slobber after every crumb of content even if they are dissatisfied with the situation, then it is their own fucking fault.
Get another streamer to watch and sink money in or accept it. At most give constructive criticism (to which wall am I talking in a gossip forum...)

On the other hand the white knighting is stupid as hell as well. We know that they work behind the scenes but all others have shit to show for that. Just not gura. And that was before her health stuff.

Tl;Dr this discussion is gay. You are gay for making me write this and I am stupid for writing it cause I can't sleep...
I never do watchalongs because I feel I'll get behind on the movie due to my inability to focus. But I'll try for shark
Watchalongs are for stuff you already know to get a reaction or stuff which doesn't need full concentration (like concerts)

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY
View attachment 20464 :painpeko::gunpeko::kroded::kropat:
Look I haven't taken the meds that make me more delusional than usual, you CAN'T do this to me right now damn it.
I'LL SAVE HER FIRST I'LL SAVE HER FIRST I'LL SAVE HER FIRST I'LL SAVE HER FIRST I'LL SAVE HER FIRST:pikameefuck:
asylum inmate brawl.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom