"So now I know that Bae has bad taste in men."IRyS

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
7:52:48 Machi had temporarily turned on dub and immediately clocked Kyle McCarley as Ei I found that funny since we initially thought HE was Kyle

Machina X Flayon | ""Charge your controller Flay" YOU'RE NOT MY DAD! YOU KNOW HOW I KNOW? YOU'RE STILL HERE! *loses it laughing*"

Machina X Flayon | "Babygirl little meow meow skrunkly sexyman what is the difference anymore?"

Last edited:

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
When it's abject reality, it isn't a joke.
I don't think anyone who saw the Gawr stream, or any of her theme karaokes really, can accuse her of laziness.

Johnny Jambalaya

99%
Early Adopter
Ward Security

The interesting part? Here's Nene advertising it as the first ever 3D vtuber concert in US.
epeda6cs64ta1.png

I was going to say it makes sense given people coming to LA for the HoloEN concert then next day and might as well try and double dip those fans. However, the El Rey theater is under 1000 seats and the YouTube Theater is around 6000 so it’s not like there can be that many people coming.

I honestly feel the HoloEN concert could easily fill The Fourm (where the Lakers played for 30 years) or the Crypto dot com Arena AKA the Staples Center (where the Lakers and Clippers both play now). Both of those venues are closer to 20,000 people each.

Last edited:

this shit

fuck it

Not-Username

Kataribe is still and will remain a mystery to Nijisanji. When even the vampire Gilzaren is still able to atleast stream if he wanted to, this ghost woman remains silent with only two video, one of which is her debut.

Oh yeah, Ex-ID is quite salty ever since the merge, it just that we never really know if it was salty toward the corp or just them having irl salt.
That's honestly impressive considering even hime hajime streamed more.
I don't think anyone who saw the Gawr stream, or any of her theme karaokes really, can accuse her of laziness.
Once in a blue moon creative streams don't excuse steaming less than ojou

"Forever Bloom" is an awesome name right after entire gen graduated. You can't make this shit up. I was thinking why it sounds so similar, and it's because Holo already had a concert named "Bloom," before. So they took the name, put it one day before just so they can shill it as "first EN concert ever" and they had to crowdfund it in the first place. Very good job.

While it blatantly looks like a rip-off, considering planning time and such it at least SEEMS like a coincidence.
On the other hand it is kawaii...

Limkin

"Forever Bloom" is an awesome name right after entire gen graduated. You can't make this shit up. I was thinking why it sounds so similar, and it's because Holo already had a concert named "Bloom," before. So they took the name, put it one day before just so they can shill it as "first EN concert ever" and they had to crowdfund it in the first place. Very good job.

Faceless Waifu

prompt: 1girl, solo, faceless
Early Adopter
That's honestly impressive considering even hime hajime streamed more.
Impressive enough as it is, it just rather wild that ANYCOLOR doesn't even bother to explain why one of their JP talent is basically fully dead since her debut. Maybe she is dead and they just be like "eh, why bother."

Just like how they treated NijiID post-merge.

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
unlike talk show hosts theres much less incentive to do this.

for one companies in vtubing generally want to cultivate audiences that tune in to MANY of their talents rather then just one playing an old VOD gives them reason to stick to one.

playing an old vod also get's them very minimum returns (even though in the long run its alot) so hiring someone making a system or whatever to do so is much less appealing.

also people can just you know watch the vods on their own if they want to.

Agencies have different motivations, sure, and I was mostly thinking in the mindset of an indie when coming up with this for obvious reasons, but I don't think it's a bad idea for an agency streamer either. Trying to direct watchers to some other streamer in the agency to watch instead isn't a bad idea but presupposes there's another streamer in the agency live at the time, which won't always be the case in smaller agencies.

One of the IdolEN talents (Fuyo?) pre-recorded streams to play when she was asleep during her donothon. Her viewers had new content to watch when she wasn't there. While this definitely wouldn't work in a 24/7 situation, I don't see why you couldn't have a couple of "new to the viewer" content videos in the bank when you have to cancel/can't be there for a scheduled stream.

Rin did that in her donothon, too, as did Lia. Nobody has corrected me when I've said in the past that Lia might have been the first one to do this whole 48-hour donothon idea, so I'm going to go ahead and say that she did come up with it and that the VODs while sleeping was one of the parts of it that she came up with.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Has this been posted yet? Production Kawaaii announced their 3D live concert in LA, which will take place 1 day before the HoloEN concert.

The interesting part? Here's Nene advertising it as the first ever 3D vtuber concert in US.
epeda6cs64ta1.png

I'm getting flashbacks to a certain 2016 videogame that the developers chose to release between two bigger games, and then the developers blamed the more successful games for their bad sales.

I can't imagine why.

Johnny Jambalaya

99%
Early Adopter
Ward Security
I'm getting flashbacks to a certain 2016 videogame that the developers chose to release between two bigger games, and then the developers blamed the more successful games for their bad sales.

I can't imagine why.
I mean if they can’t fill 700 seats in that theater even if it was on the exact same day as the HoloEN concert they were doomed anyway.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk

I can't imagine why.
"please don't notice were exploding please don't notice were exploding please don't notice were exploding"

Harrow Prime

Among Other Names.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband

I can't imagine why.
stop STOP STOP I DON'T WANT TO BE REMINDED FUCK MAN

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Fucking lol at Korone's smug face and Polka's yandere face. Love those dorks.

I'm surprised Gura wasn't the one to go for a citypop original. I like it though. Nothing wrong with a talented singer trying out different genres, even if it's not their strong suit
I don't think she is lazy, but I do think the issues with her birthday and anime short last year may have killed a lot of her drive. Along with general health issues she apparently has.

She was noticeably less enthusiastic during the second half of 2022, aside from some occasions.

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY
About 20 minutes til Gezu continues her Morrowind adventure. I love how she's doing the same exact shit as she was as Sava, absolutely no fucks given

AmpleChip

If someone wants to see what the Kobo & Kiara/Mom & Daughter panel was like, here is a recording. Watch/download it before cover takes it down i guess.
Fun banter and some nice song choices from Kobo. KFP crowd was great too.

watching these videos as a third party just fills me with extreme unexplainable cringe at fat nerds cheering for two awkward anime women, but I'm sure it would have been fun if I was there as a participant.

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO
Law School kicking my ass so from now i will only post a table and results:depressedtako:
1681144956931.png
Table:
1681145095549.png

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

FtW7EPDaAAAE2AJ.jpg

Scrim results from today. Quite different from what we saw yesterday. Hope TSB can keep it up.

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband

Harrow Prime

Among Other Names.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband
Status