"I was also told by S2 talents that Nophi was not allowed to speak Tagalog, because'SEA is not attractive' and it would tank her engagement during debut. This comment made me feel conflicted"Metorial Lotos

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latte'Ninba

God is dead. You aren't. Keep running.
Early Adopter
I think if Pippa left there's going to be a lot more problems than that. Pippa has referred multiple people to Phase Connect, not to mention her plugs, raids, collaborations, and genmates helping each other. She's going to have great relationships with a lot of the company. And if their biggest streamer and likely biggest money-maker isn't feeling appreciated by PC, the rest of the group are definitely going to start wondering if they are better off elsewhere too, not to mention how bad a look it that would be for Phase Connect as a vtuber company. No, Fishman is going to bend over backwards to keep her in the company.
I do mostly agree with this. The only reason I'm skeptical on fully agreeing is because if he hasn't totally done so yet, he's at least already CONSIDERED fucking up what he has going for him.

-He's over wrangled before which gave us a stream of pure soul crushing lack of enthusiam from Pippa where she was dead inside. She's also mentioned some instances of behind the scenes back and forths.
-We already know that the way he ran things before hiring Muumi was dragging the whole company down.
-Even with that, we've still had some issues with shutting down what some talents want. It's one thing to say "Sorry can't do it" but it's another to string something along and say "I'm seeing about it" then ghosting the entire issue like with Riketa. Which while I still think would have been fun, I kind of see both sides here on. The guy himself isn't really a problem, but he's definitely scoped out by crazies as "bad side of the internet maybe we should cancel him." type stuff.
-Now this recent carpet bomb of potential word bans and more wrangle attempts. Of which nobody even seems to be able to figure out what needs reigned in except schizo containment breaches and /here/ references.

So in truth I'm hesistant to think he won't fuck up. We alrady have more than one talent at least a little bit reserved, and typically the only reason I think there is to mention "If it's too far I'll leave" on stream is if it's something you think needs put out there. If it's the top earner you're referring to, then it's even more notable.

Tbh that surprises me about Tenma but at the same time I can believe it. The reason it surprises me is because out of all of them, hell even more than Holo, she seems very professional. She has talked about it briefly before but it's why she doesn't get too chummy with too many of her coworkers, because to her it's a job and something she enjoys but that's it, it's not some second life for her. Which I respect a lot. But I can see where she would at least be close enough with Pippa because from what I understand they knew each other previously and kinda came into the company together, they have a good friendship. Also I think she is smart enough to realize if they'd go fucking with the content of their #1 streamer they'd surely have no issues fucking with the content of #2 and so on as well, so if it would reach that point I think she'd prefer to maintain creative control as much as possible. And since she is frankly one of the most motivated talents PC has I think fishman would be retarded to risk losing both her and Pippa just so he can tardwrangle chat harder and appeal to, what again?
Yeah that's why at first I wasn't sure, but I think Tenma would consider it writing on the wall if her friend got screwer over by their current company. Even though I don't think she does any real risky content. @DelusionTree at the other place said Tenma mentioned on stream that if Pippa goes she goes, but I can't personally remember if she did or not. It wouldn't shock me at all and with years of being buddies she seems the type.

Perhaps I'm too jaded, but most people would choose a comfortable job over friendships.
Tenma might jump ship if by any chance Pippa left, but I strongly doubt Lia would.
I think Fishman has to fuck up big to lose most of the girls honestly. Pippa, Tenma by relation, Lumi due to similarities, and Yuri following Lumi are my only real bets. I think the rest would probably be mostly chill about whatever. Lia likely wants to tone herself down anyway considering her menhara habits. (This as someone who likes her lol.)
Maybe I'm not familiar with a lot of them but most of the other girls don't seem to do any "wild" content. Or rather, not of the "bad edgy internet" type. Maaaaybe Hime as a bit of a stretch?

The only one I even consider might think a little about what's going on despite probably not being affected is Shiina because she seems to type to keep a finger on the pulse of this type of shit. BUT I admit I haven't seen a lot so I might be full of shit there.

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
Re: Sana Tower, They did get a little teary eyed while reading the messages and taking pictures, then Kronii tossing the doll kinda snapped them back into goof-around mode.

Also people complaining about spoilers; I'm 90% sure they were all joking, I don't think Mumei actually cares about the plot points in Twilight, the watch alongs are just there to make fun of it. Also I'm pretty sure she does already know about all of it, I think she has mentioned being aware of the 'Jacob being in love with Bella and Edward's daughter' thing at least. This is all 'Darth Vader is Luke's father' tier spoilers anyway.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
It's Mental Illness Awareness Week this week. I wonder what Phase Connect is doing to recognize the week.
Every week is Mentally Ill Awareness Week with the sad girls.

CalliopeMori BiggerestFan

New Year, New Autism!
Early Adopter

Pomu is playing the funny tromboner game.

Edit: Jesus fuck, I JUST realized what the thumbnail was. God damn it...

Last edited:

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
My friend said
Someone told Pomu they played the skin flute in highschool.
Pomu, being the innocent fairy she is, had no idea what that was.
Chat went wild.

Pomu: I thought it was like a skinwalker!
Why did you tell me that?

Poor, innocent Pomu!

Last edited:

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
Tenma is an interesting case I think. She's not actually super yab, but she IS aware of how retarded social media/cancel culture garbage has gotten and seems to know how to avoid those minefields. The woman definitely pokes fun at it. Sometimes I wonder if her ESL might give her a bit of immunity to it as well. As long as she doesn't say anything wild it's probably a bad look to try and swing at someone who's clearly not English twitter raised.
On the other hand I actually do believe she's loyal enough to roll with Pippa. If Pippa goes then Lumi likely leaves because she'll be dealing with the same issues Pippa did at that point or shortly after. Who else is going to be the phase yab master if Pips is gone? Yuri likely also goes with Lumi again, and the two of them already dealt with getting fucked over by a company so they're probably both ready to just shrug and say fuck it then.
That's true, Tenma isn't yab in the way Pippa, Lumi, or Lia are, but she's definitely a whirlwind in her own way and a fighter, so I don't think she could really survive in a company that's trying to be more clean and respectful. I've said it elsewhere but Shiina might bail as well as she seems a bit more ok with giving a nod to the less squeaky clean parts of the Internet.

I think if Pippa left there's going to be a lot more problems than that. Pippa has referred multiple people to Phase Connect, not to mention her plugs, raids, collaborations, and genmates helping each other. She's going to have great relationships with a lot of the company. And if their biggest streamer and likely biggest money-maker isn't feeling appreciated by PC, the rest of the group are definitely going to start wondering if they are better off elsewhere too, not to mention how bad a look it that would be for Phase Connect as a vtuber company. No, Fishman is going to bend over backwards to keep her in the company.
That's a big part of it, is that Pippa is a major draw not just for audiences but also other vtuber hopefuls and even clipping channels, so she's a much bigger part of the company than just a talent. Though there's always the possibility that if they can roll out enough generations they can eventually have enough standing to push for a cleaner company that conflicts with some of their yab roots.

Perhaps I'm too jaded, but most people would choose a comfortable job over friendships.
Tenma might jump ship if by any chance Pippa left, but I strongly doubt Lia would.
I don't think it would really be a matter of friendship and I don't think Pippa is the kind of person to demand people leave on her behalf or anything like that, I think it's more that a lot of the other girls currently are on the same type content and personality that they'd just want to move somewhere more hospitable to what they want to do in that event.

I could see some staying though, Lia being one if she's really trying to clean up her image and the like, and there's nothing wrong with that if that's the direction she wants to go in. At the end of the day I don't think it's going to be a major blow up that causes it, just a parting in the event that Phase wants to be a more clean company.

Piarro

Early Adopter

Spergatory

Early Adopter
That's true, Tenma isn't yab in the way Pippa, Lumi, or Lia are, but she's definitely a whirlwind in her own way and a fighter, so I don't think she could really survive in a company that's trying to be more clean and respectful. I've said it elsewhere but Shiina might bail as well as she seems a bit more ok with giving a nod to the less squeaky clean parts of the Internet.
I think you're giving Shiina too much credit. She's mentioned multiple times that she wants a "comfy" chat experience, even saying to be more normie and hold back on the more back-alley language. She seems to be the most in-line with Fishman out of all of them.

JellyKusa

Early Adopter

I love how retarded vtubers are.

Kiara will collab with Shylily on her German channel and they will watch house fire prevention videos.

The Carto stream Kiara is doing rn is kinda boring but there were a couple of tangents, but nothing of note. I'll still post very short summaries if them here if anyone on this site cares about Kiara and wants to keep up with her content.

• Back when Kiara was a toddler and her mother was visiting Marokko with her, someone made the offer to buy Kiara for 2 camels to her mom.
  • A lot of KFPs reported that Geekjack lost their 2021 Birthday Merch somehow and Kiara is already aware of it and wants to discuss things with Jenma if its possible to do a rerun of the 1st Birthday merch. Shes not promising anything tho, but I guess at least Management is once again made aware how shit Geekjack is. If that doesnt work she wants to take it upon herself to comminicate with Geekjack and why the fuck they are loosing merch that is supposed to be stashed away safely in their warehouse.
  • She went to Vienna Comic Con yesterday. It wasnt planned but by stroke of luck she was gifted an entrance ticket by a friend. She met Jack Gleeson (the actor of Joffrey from GOT) (which explains her sinice deleted tweet from yesterday. She only saw a single booth selling Hololive merch and a singe Gura cosplay with a backpack full of McDonalds. She would have preferred an anime convention but she still likes going to conventions with friends, even if her feet hurt at the end of the day because she wore high heels that weren't walked in yet.
  • She promptly introduced Jack Gleeson to the concept of Vtubers by showing him Takanashi Kiara on Youtube and then prompty asked him to sign his autograph to Takanashi Kiara, thus probably doxxing herself to him
  • image_2022-10-04_013331625.png
  • She prepared a cute litte video in advance to show off her convention loot she got:

I saw this thread a couple of days ago, and thoght it was interesting to go over the replies and Qrts a bit. From what I can see, the most popular company Vtweeters or other 2views want to join is Vshojo. Now I know how this place thinks about Vshitshow and esspecially their endlessly repeated slogan about Talent freedom and how hollow that sounds, but it seems that in the normie-sphere it catches on very well.
The most replies about wanting to join Vshojo are for 3 main reasons as I can observe. 1) Talent feedom 2) eventually the ability to keep their current model and fanbase (nevermind that people in Vshojo change models every other month or so) 3) ability to meet Iron Mouse.

As a whole, everyone seems to have memory-holed the Vshojo auditons too. So a lot of people have dreams of joining Vshojo and yet they will never be able to because lmao
Nijisanji seems popular too but not by much more than Hololive. Hololive comes in as last for these people, it seems that its reputation of the evil and very strict Idol corp that forces its members to do stuff is still very widespread. These people obviously have never watched a Haachama stream.

Clip Tax:

Last edited:

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter

Is vtubing how Australians think that they will become acceptable to the world?

O shit it's the wall review

Mari: who should we cancel today? I don't think projared has had enough.

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist

I love how retarded vtubers are.

The Aryan fucking race, ladies and gentlethots.

I'd join Nijisanji, no question. They have far looser restrictions in general and are far, far more lenient with their talents as far as I can tell. Nijisanji comes across as a frat house. Or maybe a restaurant where every one of the staff knows each other and you hear weird noises and goofing off in the kitchen. But the food is low-priced and filling, and even though you know it's not very healthy, you don't give a damn because of the atmosphere and vibe.

Hololive feels way more like vtuber Hell's Kitchen, though all the drama takes place in the back room. Individual talents are absolutely, without question, far more iconic and recognizable than Niji dudes. But they're professionals first and the foremost. They wear neckties and formal suits to work, and you just know that if you leave a comment card with anything less than glowing praise, somebody in the back is going to get yelled at. I envy everyone who has the drive, energy and persistence to make it in Hololive, and it brings of the best and most recognizable voices to the center stage, but holy shit would I not want to work with them.

Oh and vshitshow exists I guess. It's the virtual equivalent of WeWork at this point. Nobody gives a fuck about the company, everyone just enjoys the shitty overpriced office space and amenities funded by retarded investors, and you just known the talent could jump ship tomorrow without even a backwards glance.

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
Code Vein is 85% off on Steam right now. Down from $80 to $12 for Digital Deluxe. 80% off on Humble Bundle, $12 for normal and $15 for Digital Deluxe.

Edit: Yeah, not really related to vtubers (other than the loose connection of being an anime video game), but we don't have a video game thread and it's supposed to be good, so I thought I'd let people know it was 85% off.

Last edited:

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
Luckily I was able to catch some of Maris Nostalgia Critic stream but now
Abi is finishing up Majoras Mask. Using her retro model

Lumi also streaming

AO Cody

Go read Cloudscratcher
Early Adopter
The more VTubers I see play Trombone Champ the more I am convinced, without knowing who made the game, that whoever made it is either an ex-SA Goon or wished they could be one, follows every Weird Twitter account they're aware of, unironically uses the phrase "heckin'," and cannot open jars.

Nebula Slasher

I think you're giving Shiina too much credit. She's mentioned multiple times that she wants a "comfy" chat experience, even saying to be more normie and hold back on the more back-alley language. She seems to be the most in-line with Fishman out of all of them.
That's true, but Shiina's also mentioned that her Phase Gen 1 oshis are Pippa and Tenma and that she genuinely looks up to them. Even if she doesn't plan on having any racy stuff on her own streams, I could see her being upset if one of them were to leave on bad terms.

DrStupid

Resident Undertaker
Early Adopter
Member when gura actually streamed? I member.

2DUM4U

Early Adopter

CalliopeMori BiggerestFan

New Year, New Autism!
Early Adopter
To any ASMR enjoyers, I got recommended a comfy indie sheep? girl called Ghostimu by a friend. She streams on Twitch but uploads VODs and videos to YouTube. She also started streaming direct on YT recently like many others who are pissed at Twitch. Really nice voice and pretty good overall ASMR. She's pretty small still with only around 9k/6k subs between the sites. She deserves more viewers for sure!

channels4_profile.jpg

Last edited:

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
Pomu descends into madness while playing helltaker

Piarro

Early Adopter
Member when gura actually streamed? I member.
She feels less like a streamer and more like a fictional character now. Of course there's no Gura, we're between seasons right now. There will be another season soon, though... right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom