"Chat listen I'm a fuckin loser human being chat, and you're probably better than me, which means you're probably better off than me right now, BUT if you're not better off than me right now then you know what? Let me serve as motivation to you that IF even an idiot like me can fucking make it so can you."Pipkin Pippa

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spergatory

Early Adopter
Lisa had to end her music review early due to feeling bad. She was talking at the end and seemed to be pretty upset, to the point of crying. Seems like she's been stressed plus dealing with some people she thought was close to her being rude behind her back. It was hard to listen to, never one to get choked up but I really get where she was coming from. Lisa just seems like a really sweet girl so I hope she feels better.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

Keeki released a dance cover of some K-pop song

thirteenorphans

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
I posted this over on KF as well, but I really don't like the way she looks in this. I'm thinking maybe it's the smile?

BioBreak

You gonna eat that?
Early Adopter
Member when gura actually streamed? I member.
One of her schizos was a blubbering mess earlier when she tweeted out a GIF from her Live3D just to signal that she's alive probably.

Screenshot 2022-10-03 at 21-28-02 Gawr Gura 🔱 on Twitter.png

On a JP-related tangent, looks like the fat fucking retard in the Hermit Kingdom just launched a ballistic missile that flew over Japan and into the Pacific:
Screenshot 2022-10-03 at 21-25-19 Akidearest on Twitter.png

Hold your JP-chuuba oshis tight, motherfuckers.

Fucking YTs

I just want to annoy people in peace.
Early Adopter
As tired as I am of this game, the rrat king may die.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
She feels less like a streamer and more like a fictional character now. Of course there's no Gura, we're between seasons right now. There will be another season soon, though... right?
Someone mentioned this on Reddit, but I'd much rather they stream more than being wrapped up in projects all the time. I am just glad IRyS has been able to stream more again and not always have to record songs.
On a JP-related tangent, looks like the fat fucking retard in the Hermit Kingdom just launched a ballistic missile that flew over Japan and into the Pacific:
Screenshot 2022-10-03 at 21-25-19 Akidearest on Twitter.png
Fat-asian-manchild is just mad Putin is hogging all the attention.

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
I'm a bit late on the topic but you really have a good point to which I have not seen a plausible explanation.
  • Shiina's model is practically an almost nude loli, and from what i gather jokes about it herself with the crab outfit stuff. I kind of like her personality but the lewd stuff on top of the model ruins it for me.
  • Remi is literally a lewd loli that fits everything brittany venti trollishly ragged on gura for for attention. Its not even in a "ha ha she's actually a mature adult in a pettan asian woman body joking around" way, but literally playing up her persona as having a toddler-like intellect.
  • Rie is reputed to be a lolicon shotacon herself (though I don't know how far that actually goes as I haven't watched much of her content).
  • Even Panko I'm weirded out by when she's made sexual jokes that relate or have connotations to her being this juvenile panda with a lollipop - and I really like Panko's demeanor and her visual design otherwise.
How is it that phase connect is trying to not be "yabai" if these models and personalities are what is being put forth in phase 2? How is pedo-baiting ok but cracking jokes at evil people's expense isn't? He responded to that one marshmallow about not wanting his talents to be delinquents, but it doesn't add up.
If I assume that its motivated by wanting to clean up PC's public image in order to secure more partnerships/advertisers/etc., which organizations would have deal-breaking issues with a few 4chan memes or Jim etc. but not people getting aroused by child-like coomerbait? Literal loli GFE and mic-licking ASMR crap from remi. That isn't delinquent, but having a chat with Rekieta is too far. OK dude.

Possibilities I can think of (maybe someone else has more imaginative explanations):
  1. pure innocent incompetence all around
  2. courting companies who don't care about loli hentai (and being plastered on stream) but care about anything that might be labeled right-wing
  3. some mixture of incompetence and courting said companies
You are more likely to get cancelled for wrong-think than to be cancelled by "loli".

We're more sensitive to loli stuff because of the controversy back home, but I get the feeling the mass market (well, as mass market-adjacent as anime can be) don't really think too deep into it. Remi and Shiina's designs raise an eyebrow to us but they're no more provocative than some of the anime on Crunchyroll etc., and they're multi-million dollar companies with all kinds of business partnerships.
The whole anti-loli thing seems to be mainly an NA-based thing. Europe, and Latin America seem to be way chill about sexual things. Hell I remember DB and DBZ airing uncensored on TV and no one gave a shit about Goku/Gohan's dick. That shit would never fly in US TV.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Someone mentioned this on Reddit, but I'd much rather they stream more than being wrapped up in projects all the time. I am just glad IRyS has been able to stream more again and not always have to record songs.
Yeah, same. I imagine the projects help their company make money moreso than livestreams though.

BioBreak

You gonna eat that?
Early Adopter
He's just upset every fucking decent Live2D rigger still has a ton of backlog and he can't get his chuuba model off the ground yet.

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter
For a second I thought you were calling Aki a fat Asian man child. But then I remembered she is just Filipino.

Something, something Germans competing with Austrians in burning things.

PassiveUnaggressive

Early Adopter
Quoting from KF, because spider:
Ralph Barnhardt said:
FORGET THE TROON! SPOODER'S DOING A SURPRISE KARAOKE!

She has had a celebratory drink in honor of her beating Legend of Zelda 2! This is not a drill! We have a lightly toasted Ami on deck!

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)

CalliopeMori BiggerestFan

New Year, New Autism!
Early Adopter

Tightpinch

Part 1 of the Ethyria anniversary illustration

Renmai

Shiori, what the fuck are you talking about?
Early Adopter

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)

Ensok

Early Adopter

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter

Sh4gg1

yeah...
Early Adopter