"'We must get mad at screen person. OH VTUBER! VTUBER, WHY DO-WHY DO YOU PUSH BUTTON WHEN PUSHIN-BUTTON SHOULD NOT BE PUSHED?! WHY VTUBER WHY CAN'T YOU READ MY BRAIN, VTUBER?! OH, HOW DARE YOU VTUBER. EVERYBODY-EVERYBODY YELL AT THE VTUBER! POINT! POINT AND YELL 'VTUBER' VTUBER, WHY?! WHY ARE YOU DIGITAL?! VTUBER, NO! VTUBER READ MY CHAT! READ MY MESSAGE! VTUBER PLEASE. VTUBER ONLY PLEASE. VTUBER, PLEASE FOLLOW MY INSTRUCTIONS VTUBERRRR' laughs 'Why why is the Vtuber like this? Why is the Vtuber-' laughs 'is this the new copypasta?' It might be. Yeah send that to every Vtuber you know-actually don't laughs"Pomu Rainpuff

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
What's this about a collab that was not allowed with Rekeita? Does she mean Rekeita Law? What's the deep lore behind the comment?
There's not much lore to it, back when she did the first rage pig stream she ended up in talks with Rackets to do a collab. He was into it but it never happened and looks like it was just because management said no at the end of the day.

PassiveUnaggressive

Early Adopter
What's this about a collab that was not allowed with Rekeita? Does she mean Rekeita Law? What's the deep lore behind the comment?
There were supas thrown around, some backroom talk happened, but it was decided by management to be a no-go. I don't blame them tbh. I subscribed to Racket's channel back when Rittenhouse stuff was going on, but unsubbed because I didn't like his night streams.

Godzilla1984

Early Adopter
Screenshot_1.png

Realticule

Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
And Pippa is talking about the industry and how the growth is too focused on just debuts. I've mentioned it in the past but Gen 3 of Phase coming so quickly is weird when Gen 2 hasn't even gained a foothold, hell two of them just got monetized.

I also think she's talked about it in the past, but more specific niches to new gens would be a good idea and as a whole the industry seems very slapped together as opposed to having more of a direction and plan. That's most likely because it's still a young industry.

CalliopeMori BiggerestFan

New Year, New Autism!
Early Adopter
This is the shit I come back to? I like PC simply BECAUSE they can act how they want instead of being overly sanitized idol shit. Its what made them stand out from the other small companies in the first place. You can't hire a bunch of sad girls and then tell them they can't be sad anymore. That shit doesn't fly.

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
There were supas thrown around, some backroom talk happened, but it was decided by management to be a no-go. I don't blame them tbh. I subscribed to Racket's channel back when Rittenhouse stuff was going on, but unsubbed because I didn't like his night streams.
Rejecting the Rackets collab was pretty fucking stupid on the fishmans part imo. Nick was getting record views from the Depp trial around that time and that many eyes, a lot being people who have never heard of v tubers, would have boosted his visibility and brand recognition. Not to mention I think he still has one of the largest late night streams on YouTube.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
This is the shit I come back to? I like PC simply BECAUSE they can act how they want instead of being overly sanitized idol shit. Its what made them stand out from the other small companies in the first place. You can't hire a bunch of sad girls and then tell them they can't be sad anymore. That shit doesn't fly.
I know that they're in a company and have to abide by various streaming plaform rules that restrict how they can act, but I much prefer not knowing about these restrictions and pretending the streamers can do exactly what they want.

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
And Pippa is talking about the industry and how the growth is too focused on just debuts. I've mentioned it in the past but Gen 3 of Phase coming so quickly is weird when Gen 2 hasn't even gained a foothold, hell two of them just got monetized.
In fairness there's a long period between opening auditions and them actually starting streaming - just remember how long the "gentoo when?" meme went on for. Even with premade assets this time around it's not a bad idea to have an idea of the talent pool they have to work with; for example if someone auditions who's too good to say no to they'll have more negotiation power which'll need to be figured out, and if there's a lot of strong auditions they might end up taking on more talent than planned and need to get more models made etc.. I doubt they'll be rushing out a new gen's debut any time soon.

I do agree that quantity hinders the individual streamers though, especially with Phase having a big overlap problem as it is. I'm not sure what Fishman's long-term plan is though - if he's planning on floating or selling the company down the line then having a lot of talent on-board already will boost the value of the company so that might be what he's going for.

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)

Hana and Elira's 3D (probably preview) panel should be starting in 10 minutes or so.

Ethyria panel with batsu wheel. truly hilarious

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter

Realticule

Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
In fairness there's a long period between opening auditions and them actually starting streaming - just remember how long the "gentoo when?" meme went on for. Even with premade assets this time around it's not a bad idea to have an idea of the talent pool they have to work with; for example if someone auditions who's too good to say no to they'll have more negotiation power which'll need to be figured out, and if there's a lot of strong auditions they might end up taking on more talent than planned and need to get more models made etc.. I doubt they'll be rushing out a new gen's debut any time soon.

I do agree that quantity hinders the individual streamers though, especially with Phase having a big overlap problem as it is. I'm not sure what Fishman's long-term plan is though - if he's planning on floating or selling the company down the line then having a lot of talent on-board already will boost the value of the company so that might be what he's going for.
If it's a matter of just always looking for talent then you can have auditions perma opened, especially with things like Phase Invaders being a thing. That way you're not really pushing for a gen and you don't limit yourself to one window of auditions. That's the thing with talent and random opportunity models, you never know when the next big thing will walk through the door and the period of time you have to grab that opportunity is very narrow.

I could see him potentially selling it, as from what I've heard he's not exactly a vtuber person, he's just a business man. The thing though is anyone who buys it will need to know what they're getting or half the talent might jump ship. Granted though 4Kids did buy out the rights to One Piece without ever looking into what they were buying, which resulted into the retarded edits in their dub.

He's right, the idea of a company that directly works with its talents directly being equal across the board isn't realistic. Equality in rules only matters once you're a large enough company that you can't cut custom deals for each member.

Spergatory

Early Adopter
So if I'm understanding him right (which can be hard sometimes), he's just saying tough shit and you can quit if you don't like it.

He's right, the idea of a company that directly works with its talents directly being equal across the board isn't realistic. Equality in rules only matters once you're a large enough company that you can't cut custom deals for each member.
It's kinda like sports, the best players on the team make more money, get preferential treatment, and have the gameplan designed around them. As a business, you have to do what's best for success, even if it means giving the better performers different rules to keep their performance high.

Edit: Although Fishman is working with a bunch of 20-something women. That always increases potential drama.

Last edited:

Realticule

Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
It's kinda like sports, the best players on the team make more money, get preferential treatment, and have the gameplan designed around them. As a business, you have to do what's best for success, even if it means giving the better performers different rules to keep their performance high.
It's not even just sports, it's pretty much any job outside of cookie cutter low end employment.

The other thing to consider is a lot of people think it's just a way for the rich to get richer, and obviously it benefits the best performers, but also consider that a company can take bigger risks with who they hire on if the can offer lower terms to the riskier hire. The problems start when those terms aren't improved as things pan out, and while that's in part an issue of the company, people also need to know they need to push for things on their end as well. If the employer thinks the employee is happy, because the employee says nothing, then all the employee will get is a bullshit 3% raise or whatever, but if the employee expresses dissatisfaction and pushes for better terms they'll either get them or find out that they're not integral.

Last edited:

Kazuma

Early Adopter
iirc something happend with a JP member in the past (i cant remember who off the top of my head) showed for a split second Botan's sheep costume a couple days or maybe even weeks before it was officialy announced, so yeah, they have access to pretty much all the assets apparently
It was Laplus that accidentally leaked Botan's sheep outfit.

CalliopeMori BiggerestFan

New Year, New Autism!
Early Adopter

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter

Saturnus

haha it's unou

Hana and Elira's 3D (probably preview) panel should be starting in 10 minutes or so.

I cannot wait for her real 3D debut later this month.
1664679652459.png

That Chuuba Enjoyer

DM me if you have a Ed, Edd n Eddy clip
Early Adopter
I honestly find them banning the term 1984 pretty funny as 4chan lingo. Hell that shit is used by boomers too and even liberal people too. I think these decisions made are jumping the gun per se

Honestly I've been really turned off with some of the mod stuff in the discord and fishman just making decisions that I think would hurt specific talents and alienate them in the long run.

Like what's the point of watching your favorite talent if she can't be herself or the character she is?

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
"Don't like it? Leave then." Stay classy Fishman.
Being in any sort of company places expectations on your behaviour, regardless of the industry you're in, and that's doubly so when you're officially representing that company in a public setting.

AO Cody

Go read Cloudscratcher
Early Adopter
really, the dumbest thing about what Fishman is doing is the word ban. Trying to reign in stuff like Drunk Lia is one thing, banning "kino" and "1984" is indefensibly retarded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom