"Indonesia is in... Indonesia, yes"Taka Radjiman

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Great Ape

Don't worry, I have a shovel.
Seems like a bad idea.
It's already like that in most of the world. Won't change a thing, the Japanese will just have to learn how to incorporate their businesses like the rest of us.

Warspite

Tea is just leaf juice。
Early Adopter
Maybe I'm just retarded, or maybe it's because I should have been in bed a few hours ago, but how does this risk their privacy? Vtubers don't directly sell things to, or buy things from, their fans, right? So what's the risk here?

Well since the database requires their real name, and that database is open to/searchable by the general public, I assume the worry is that undesirable people will be able to more easily discover the identity of Vtubers registered in said database.

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
Well since the database requires their real name, and that database is open to/searchable by the general public, I assume the worry is that undesirable people will be able to more easily discover the identity of Vtubers registered in said database.
How though? What's linking their real names to their vtuber persona?
Investopedia said:
An invoice is a time-stamped commercial document that itemizes and records a transaction between a buyer and a seller.
They're not directly selling or buying anything from their fans, and as far as I know salaries don't have an invoice, so how does this effect them?

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter
I do hope they find us eventually though. It was nice being able to indirectly speak and give our opinions.
That is assuming someone like thhrang or anyone close enough didn't already tell them about this place.
Hey look at the brightside, if we end up here forever, maybe they wont have to jump through three hundred loops to talk about this place or even participate here, since there isnt stigma about this place yet.

Jealous

Lurker

A comfy singing stream from QuonTama.

Svarog

Saviorfag
Early Adopter
Hololive Error available on steam in a day and half (16.09.2022)

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
someone that knows all kingdom hearts lore with out being a wiki reader
mwahahahaha
A weird flex I share

Milk Mage

is healthy boy sauce for you
Homeland thread's been slow as balls recently, so I guess I'll be here for a bit.

Silly fish lady is live

Godzilla1984

Early Adopter
Screenshot_1.png
If someone could DM 5t3n0g0ph3r and ask him if mods can manually confirm my email change so that I can post again:
THAT'D BE GREAT.png

BioBreak

You gonna eat that?
Early Adopter
Homeland thread's been slow as balls recently, so I guess I'll be here for a bit.
Been lurking the new digs for a while hoping it'll serve nothing more as a lounge for when the homeland is getting zerg-rushed but given the heavy downtime, this is where we'll all likely be posting most of the time.

My only regret with the old thread is the loss of extensive archive of historical info/discussion there as shit was going down (Taiwan, Rushia, the Amepocalypse, etc).

paul

Early Adopter
Animators working at lightning speed
OG:

Animation:

View attachment 204
If someone could DM 5t3n0g0ph3r and ask him if mods can manually confirm my email change so that I can post again:
View attachment 205
Did you check Josh's poa.st/telegram? He changed the tor domain a few days ago. The site loads for me but I have problems with the login/captcha

Godzilla1984

Early Adopter
Did you check Josh's poa.st/telegram? He changed the tor domain a few days ago. The site loads for me but I have problems with the login/captcha
I can log in just fine, however, I changed my email address and it looks like Josh hasn't set up his email server so I can't submit my confirmation email since the link bounces.
As such, I can read the farms, but I can't post or otherwise interact with the site until my account is unlocked.

Grass4Cats

Cats chew me
Pekora update on her monkey/pets situation.

Haven't seen people talked about it here(I'm sure the homeland already did but I'm waiting warmly for clearnet revival) but ID1 is definitely in Japan right now for their 3D debut.

Moona becoming the Daijoubu desu bot, just like the CEO bot lol

Moona met Mio, Friend, Laplus and Marine in person. Unsurprisingly, Marine is very excited to talk to her.

Friend describing meeting Moon in person:

Tuwuturu

Team Slightly Menhera
Early Adopter
Pekora update on her monkey/pets situation.

Blows my mind that she bought a monkey. Only a true war criminal could do such a power move. I still am casting doubt on the whole "it's not stinky or smelly" bs she's selling. She has gotten used to it or they are using some strong air freshener, since bush baby's pee on themselves then touch everything to mark it.

Haven't seen people talked about it here(I'm sure the homeland already did but I'm waiting warmly for clearnet revival) but ID1 is definitely in Japan right now for their 3D debut.

Moona becoming the Daijoubu desu bot, just like the CEO bot lol

Moona met Mio, Friend, Laplus and Marine in person. Unsurprisingly, Marine is very excited to talk to her.

Friend describing meeting Moon in person:

That's one of the 3D Debut and concerts I'm waiting for the most. ID did so good during the festival that they'll put out some good content.

A Great Ape

Don't worry, I have a shovel.
I still am casting doubt on the whole "it's not stinky or smelly" bs she's selling.
I expect that to change when he reaches puberty.

CalliopeMori BiggerestFan

New Year, New Autism!
Early Adopter
Blows my mind that she bought a monkey. Only a true war criminal could do such a power move. I still am casting doubt on the whole "it's not stinky or smelly" bs she's selling. She has gotten used to it or they are using some strong air freshener, since bush baby's pee on themselves then touch everything to mark it.
She's flexing on my childhood self. I always wanted a pet monkey growing up and was devastated to find out that you can't just go to a pet store in America and buy one. Broke my heart I'm living vicariously through this war criminal now.

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
Ragekin Basedkin clip from last night:

The offending chat message:
1663173805892.png

Eh, I kind of doubt any of the PC girls even know where we went. We know a bunch of them lurked but did any of them actually care enough to jump through the hoops required to access the site the past weeks and find this place? We're still missing half of the thread regulars even.

I do hope they find us eventually though. It was nice being able to indirectly speak and give our opinions.
Well a lot of them do have connections to regulars who hang out here now, so it wouldn't be that surprising if someone tipped them off. Some of the regulars from KF are around too, they just don't want to bother with another website.

Maybe I'm just retarded, or maybe it's because I should have been in bed a few hours ago, but how does this risk their privacy? Vtubers don't directly sell things to, or buy things from, their fans, right? So what's the risk here?
If anyone can see invoices with real names (not sure if it's just a full public database or special request) there's a chance of triangulation. Basically any time a vtuber mentions a new purchase if it's possible to look up who bought that item within that time frame and grab a dump of all names, then eventually once you've done that enough just run it through a program that only retains matches and with enough data points you'll eventually have one name left. They could try to muddy the water by mentioning fake purchases but if you're just looking for a name that comes up the most in all lists that doesn't work unless there just happens to be someone in those lists that has very similar buying habits.

I can log in just fine, however, I changed my email address and it looks like Josh hasn't set up his email server so I can't submit my confirmation email since the link bounces.
As such, I can read the farms, but I can't post or otherwise interact with the site until my account is unlocked.
Have you tried asking Josh on poast or other platforms directly? Might be good for him to know since others may also be having the same issue and not have a way to contact him.

Last edited:

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
Vtubers commission shitload of art and other assets. Then again its no different from using Paypal which tells everyone your name.

Been lurking the new digs for a while hoping it'll serve nothing more as a lounge for when the homeland is getting zerg-rushed but given the heavy downtime, this is where we'll all likely be posting most of the time.

My only regret with the old thread is the loss of extensive archive of historical info/discussion there as shit was going down (Taiwan, Rushia, the Amepocalypse, etc).
One of the users (their name escapes me) saved a few GBs of archived shit. It would be nice to have that in an area as there is a ton of useful information you can search for.

Not sure if it was posted before but.... I don't think the song is as good as KING but I really like how Axel's voice is really soft and serves as a backing for Lui's voice.

Last edited:

Fucking YTs

I just want to annoy people in peace.
Early Adopter
My hopium is at an all-time low for KF. Maybe it will get better once all the new hardware settles and is configured better, but having a sea of captcha's on Tor instead of embeds and even when I change the node it just completely breaks the site. The .st link just kept saying "refresh your page" and then it gave me a 502 Gateway error.

Even if every one of us migrates here, I still want access to that massive archive.

Not sure if I'm a doomer or realist at this point.

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
Vtubers commission shitload of art and other assets. Then again its no different from using Paypal which tells everyone your name.
I'd imagine most of them use business accounts on PayPal which just show whatever name you put down as your business instead of your personal name.

My hopium is at an all-time low for KF. Maybe it will get better once all the new hardware settles and is configured better, but having a sea of captcha's on Tor instead of embeds and even when I change the node it just completely breaks the site. The .st link just kept saying "refresh your page" and then it gave me a 502 Gateway error.
Give it another week or two for the dropkiwifarms people to get bored I guess. Once there's a new Current Thing to obsess over they'll lose interest in spamming every company tangentially associated with the forum and Josh'll have breathing space to look for people to work with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom