General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spergatory

Early Adopter

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
Pippa is dispensing very good advice and encouragement (and chastisement), and the "its soo expensive and hard to succeed and its not fair" vtweeters -are- entitled and lazy by and large, AND even Pippa knows that there are forces which promote those who take the ticket and sell their souls (by some degree or another) and which punish those who are natural competitors especially if they have talent or something that threatens them.

This is reflected in what's happening right now with the farms. Vtubing is new/niche enough and Japanese enough that it isn't necessarily as dominated by those forces, but even still you get hints of it if you pay attention. People can still succeed if they work their asses off in the field of vtubing, and as general advice saying "the people at the top got their purely through hard work and quality" does not apply to our world in its current state.

Just because the game is rigged, even if it seems hopeless, you should still fight and do your best because it is the right thing to do, and because you just might find a way to adapt to and/or bypass the ticket-taker system.
Sounds like an edgier version of what Calli said a while ago (I think it was an early chadcast). Something like, “just working hard isn’t enough to succeed, you need luck too. But, you’ll never succeed if you don’t work hard, so that’s the bare minimum that you need no matter what, and that is in your control.” Paraphrased, but I just remember liking the more realistic take instead of the cliche ‘follow your dreams and everything will work out and be great!’

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
"Aoi is very non-threatening"
Meanwhile, Aoi:

wew

Male hag love!
That's the thing though, speaking from experience, when you're poor, you figure out ways to do shit on your own, and for free. Do people really, honestly go "Well, I can't afford X, time to completely give up and forget about it."?
My poor ass made 99% of my stream assets even my vtuber model besides the rigging. Before I had rigging I was a pngtube for a year. They just think being a youtuber/streamer means you hit go live and the simps come rolling in. They try making content once get 0 views and cry because of bullshit reasons "oh others just got lucky" "oh they just got big because of their model!"

People do get lucky but most content creators have a long history of trying everything and getting nothing from it and the ones that make it big got big because of the knowledge they learned and the stubbornness of beating their head against the wall over and over again.
I'll be real I have been streaming for years now even before vtubers got big and I have slowly grown a little but because I took a huge break I lost almost all of that and its my own fault. I know better now and have been trying to stream as much as my environment allows.

Vtweeters are just trend hoppers and weak minded and should get the fuck out of this hobby and get a real job

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
t. Lia

Edit: pipa "We don't have a dedicated ASMR artist"
Wow, Erina should get on that shit then
Remi does it about once a week, but the new "no ear licking" might be a problem for her. I think she wants to do it on twitch instead but she got her account confirmation rejected (Did she make with a non-PC Email or something?) and had to make a second one...so.... Idunno.... Remi is always having trouble. ❤️🖤

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥
Wait, that's not normal?
I have come to the realization that your desire to 'save pippa' is actually just a cry for help of your own. Go find yourself someone to save you.

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
This bat girl is uh...
Not gonna be friends with Pippa by the end of this.
I know her and she is quite pleased with what was said. Some people need someone else to be blunt with them because without the criticism they don't really have direction. It's as someone said in chat, that they got into a good job because someone took his resume and just wiped their ass with it by telling him how bad it was.

I have noticed that about 98% of the people trying to get into vtubing don't know even where to start hence why you get a ton of people that think that with an expensive model and animations/overlays you make it big.

I love how she just calls him Ragus.

Pippa is giving really solid advice in addition to the enjoyment of her roasting some of these people. I gotta say though, although I've only watched Sleepy in Pippa's collabs, there is some special skill that comes through, it's different then just "gamer" stuff. I don't play Tarkov, but there's something there that's impressive, the skill and confidence at a game and I would like to see more of that in a Vtuber.
Its called experience. That was a year-old video too.

Trap Supremacy

Your Local Trap (investi)Gator
Early Adopter
This is Kronni right?

I guess she is not aware of who designed her

Even the daughter in the company couldn't tell she has siblings in Fire Emblem now. Regardless, really glad to see Mika Pikazo getting work. After everything that happened with Kaguya Luna and Pinkie Pop Hepburn I think she needed a big break, and while an FGO design and a Holo design is good on its own, putting official work for Nintendo under your belt must feel really nice.

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
People do get lucky
I think luck is an incredibly small part of it, and that a lot of the people who got "lucky" because they don't know what got them traction aren't lucky as much as they just had some draw they didn't realize.

I have come to the realization that your desire to 'save pippa' is actually just a cry for help of your own. Go find yourself someone to save you.
I was hoping we'd fix each other :cry:

wew

Male hag love!
I think luck is an incredibly small part of it, and that a lot of the people who got "lucky" because they don't know what got them traction aren't lucky as much as they just had some draw they didn't realize.
People that get super lucky and blow up will just fizzle out if they cant keep/understand their audiences or just adapt unlike someone that has been hitting their head against it for years. There have been many indies that got a big boost but than dropped hard after 2 months because of this.

Anyways The edited stream of the boys playing season 1 of zomboid got uploaded

Last edited:

EliteDoragon

Early Adopter
Even Sora is scared of unicorns

Are HoloStars JP like that though? Aren't they also brotubers?

AO Cody

Go read Cloudscratcher
Early Adopter
I genuinely appreciate these little compilation videos Vesper puts out. Nice way to get the highlights of a stream without having to watch an entire VOD if you don't have the time.

A Great Ape

Don't worry, I have a shovel.

Tuwuturu

Team Slightly Menhera
Early Adopter

Sora is such a treasure. I can't blame her for being scared of unicorns, considering how petty and jealous they can get with their male idols.

I think with the JP HoloStars they sorta can switch it on/off. They do feel more "idol" than Tempus, imho, but maybe that's due to their branch already going through a few waves and focusing on general goals for their projects. They are still pretty bro-ey depending on who they collab with and what they are doing for fun.

I think that unlike Tempus, Holostars JP just feels a bit too niche, so it's hard for them to pull a big audience together/alone.

MornLurker

Asylum's lurker
Early Adopter

Most of them are, you get the occasional cringy fanbase like izuru's listeners but that's because some of them are teenagers with a lack of reading comprehension. The JP boys actually managed to split their fanservices intake that it doesn't seem too much even for male listeners (proven w/ how evenly divided their viewership genders are).
And the thing with the JP holostars is that they're more tightly knitted w/ each other so it's like watching a group of brotherhood that have a different set of antics yet get along well for one united reason

(late but I usually lurked on prev forums and didn't manage to signup in time before the serverpocalypse, figured I could start making one now so here I am)

A Great Ape

Don't worry, I have a shovel.
It's also a Japanese women thing. Tradition assumes women don't have much to contribute when men are talking. So it requires a little bit of bravery to overcome the fear of looking like an attention whore when you do want to participate in a conversation with men, and some social skills to not actually look like one.

CalliopeMori BiggerestFan

New Year, New Autism!
Early Adopter
Well shit the madlad went and made a alternative VTuber forum.

Pippa not gonna like having to use another site to view vtuber talk.
View attachment 198
Eh, I kind of doubt any of the PC girls even know where we went. We know a bunch of them lurked but did any of them actually care enough to jump through the hoops required to access the site the past weeks and find this place? We're still missing half of the thread regulars even.

I do hope they find us eventually though. It was nice being able to indirectly speak and give our opinions.

AO Cody

Go read Cloudscratcher
Early Adopter
I had never heard of this guy before until a friend showed me a couple tweets from this account, but apparently he's actually quite popular. He's got great presentation and he's pretty damn funny.

Warspite

Tea is just leaf juice。
Early Adopter

Botan joins the fray in Cult of the Lamb.

New Niji goods for Obsydia, based on their new outfits. Kinda want the HAHA dragon buttons.

ANN said:
Japan will implement a new system for filing invoices in October 2023, but it is unpopular among members of the creative industries who use pseudonyms. Under the new proposed system, invoices can only be considered "verified" if individuals file them using their real names, and the names will be accessible to the public via a national database. This poses problems to workers who wish to keep their real names private, such as manga artists and Virtual YouTubers.

🤔 Seems like a bad idea.

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
Maybe I'm just retarded, or maybe it's because I should have been in bed a few hours ago, but how does this risk their privacy? Vtubers don't directly sell things to, or buy things from, their fans, right? So what's the risk here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom