"I didn't wanna see Alucard's pubes! but I did... and I guess he's a natural blonde!"Harry Macchia

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AO Cody

Go read Cloudscratcher
Early Adopter
I still don't know what happen to nijiEN numbers. For some reason luxiem viewership dropped hard.
View attachment 16689View attachment 16690

Vox back in May 2022
View attachment 16687
I know the whole "honeymoon period" thing and all, but I think there might be more going on here. Specifically with Luxiem, I think their reputation with the general audiences took a big hit. Not only have they pandered to the fujo crowd hard, but their insufferable and toxic fanbases have likely driven off potential non-fujo audiences. They're just seen as K-Pop for the VTuber sphere.

I'd reckon their numbers, while still lower, would be higher than this if not for the less-than-desirable reputation Luxiem has earned for itself, exacerbated by Niji's rocky public perception as of late.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Sorry if it feels like I'm piling these on, I'm really not trying to, but I feel like there's more Nijiyab landmines than there are actual landmines on the Bosnian border, and if I have to see them, so do you sometimes.

Stream this happened in has been privated, his twitter tag is getting spammed with it, and all of a sudden the twitter portion of the Niji fanbase is worried about their posts hurting someone.

ViolentNugget

Confirmed Unicorn

RiverBear

I still don't know what happen to nijiEN numbers. For some reason luxiem viewership dropped hard.
View attachment 16689View attachment 16690

Vox back in May 2022
View attachment 16687

I know the whole "honeymoon period" thing and all, but I think there might be more going on here. Specifically with Luxiem, I think their reputation with the general audiences took a big hit. Not only have they pandered to the fujo crowd hard, but their insufferable and toxic fanbases have likely driven off potential non-fujo audiences. They're just seen as K-Pop for the VTuber sphere.

I'd reckon their numbers, while still lower, would be higher than this if not for the less-than-desirable reputation Luxiem has earned for itself, exacerbated by Niji's rocky public perception as of late.
IIRC, the chinks turned on them too. There was quite a wave of gayops in B2 of antis pushing anti-Luxiem narratives later 2022-early 2023.

But considering they are getting KFC collabs, they're likely still doing fine. Just because we're used to seeing Holo streams getting 20-50k CCV doesn't meant that's the norm, nor is that the base line for success.Heck, Ironmouse, who is probably one of the more successful non-Holo VTuber never gets more than 8k on average.

So uh, that clip of Enna being a pedophile that /vt/ likes to keep throwing around without context?
@Airless (on the homeland) found the full stream. It gets worse with context.

Matsuri has literally stated multiple times on stream that she buys and reads loli hentai
Yet Enna who says she "likes cute kids" is the pedophile

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
EN 1: Myth
EN 2: Council (actually also myth, just more abstract)
EN 3: Reality

Characters are now more down to earth. A schoolgirl. An office lady. A maid. A biker girl. A literal goddess who isekai'd the other four into Hololive.
Next gen will be elements based
A pon sand gyaru with egyptian motifs, maybe a sphinx kemono from the past
A metal robot metal singer from the future ala robocop
A BLUE ice loli witch from an alternate isekai dimension
An electric polyglot alien insectoid defacto leader
A quiet ghost oneesan (i ran out of ideas)
It's not just the fact that they'll eventually resort to the usual block game/apex/zatsudan/nintendo IP/anime songs cycle, it's the fact that they'll have to fall in with the company line so whatever clever stream idea they might have will be wrangled to hell and back by Takeshinofriends and his coworkers. They'll also be handpicked from a selection pool of hundreds of thousands to fit 1) team leader 2) preppy girl 3) deep voice coomer bait 4) loli model for the gura fans and 5) zany wacko character that says yabe things. It's all preset, and prepackaged for Your Convenience tm.
May I interest you in this cool company that treats its talents right and give them freedom to develop their ideas called Vshojo?
Sorry if it feels like I'm piling these on, I'm really not trying to, but I feel like there's more Nijiyab landmines than there are actual landmines on the Bosnian border, and if I have to see them, so do you sometimes.

View attachment 16698

Stream this happened in has been privated, his twitter tag is getting spammed with it, and all of a sudden the twitter portion of the Niji fanbase is worried about their posts hurting someone.
WTF IS THIS?! EXPLAIN YOURSELVES NIJINEGROS!
also this guy a niji? Never seen him before

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
Did you guys miss the part where all the other girls freaked out, said that would get her cancelled, that it was not cute, and wanted to move on quickly? I'm sure it was more than just some boy in a school uniform.

LurkerD

The lurker formally known as Drax
Matsuri has literally stated multiple times on stream that she buys and reads loli hentai
Yet Enna who says she "likes cute kids" is the pedophile
Do really not grasp the difference drawn shoto doujin, and a real life picture of an actual underage boy that Aka Split pointed out the other girls reacted poorly to.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Do really not grasp the difference drawn shoto doujin, and a real life picture of an actual underage boy that Aka Split pointed out the other girls reacted poorly to.
RiverBear gets another one.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter

CalliopeMori BiggerestFan

New Year, New Autism!
Early Adopter
Dez is doing his two guys one character schtick again. These are always fun. Especially with the funny man.

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)
So uh, that clip of Enna being a pedophile that /vt/ likes to keep throwing around without context?
@Airless (on the homeland) found the full stream. It gets worse with context.

It’s fucking gross and creepy. But I don’t think it’s cp. I’m going to presume, because I can’t fathom otherwise. That they’re weird photos of kids she knew. And that it’s not real naked photos of kids. because
1. I can’t imagine Enna doing that.
2. it wouldn’t just implicate Enna but all of Ethyria because if I found out my friend had that, regardless of context, I’d call the cops.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

View attachment 16698

Here's the thing. No one likes Hex. Everyone thinks he's been trying to or has been getting creepy eith fans, even the fujos think so and call him a Vox knockoff. He was the most hated NijiEN member before Naion got booted.

Also, I don't believe for a second that this wasn't a bit lol.

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)
Also, I don't believe for a second that this wasn't a bit lol.
It SOOOOO obviously was, you’d have to be fucking retarded to take this seriously

PekoWick

EN vtuber CCV in general started to stagnate and recline last year. You can see that HoloEN started to have a drop in viewership around the same time NijiEN did, and while it had a bump in January of this year it's nowhere near its heights.

View attachment 16692

In regards to Luxiem in specific, I think they were kinda like HoloEN Myth but for the EN male scene. They weren't the first male EN vtubers, but there are clearly a lot of people who only want to check out vtubers from the big agencies, not indies/small companies. And suddenly there was a wave of male EN vtubers from a big agency. Since then the novelty has worn off and there are more choices so some of the people who got in during the exciting phase have dropped off. They seem to be doing fine in terms of revenue so it's likely that those viewers weren't the ones spending a lot of money anyways.

One area in which I think NijiEN is lacking relative to Hololive or NijiJP is a sort of sense of their talents working towards "something." The feeling of working towards a project or goal can excite viewers and Luxiem doesn't really have that. For the most part they're just doing what they've always been doing. I think this is one of the most negative effects of the AR concert cancellation, so I really do hope it gets rescheduled eventually.
I feel like the drama last year in EN(Holo/Niji) scene turn off a lot of EN viewers

White Stone

A literal white stone
Early Adopter
The lack of EN3 is probably not an EN-branch exclusive issue, it's probably due to something agency-wide. If you pay attention, even the JP branch hasn't had a new gen for close to 16 months (already longer than their previous longest gap which was between Gen5 and HoloX), ID4 audition just ended and the earliest we would get them is probably September which would have been at least 18 months after ID3.

Last edited:

soap suds

I was chilling and enjoying Elira giggling at all the cards, and then she got a royal rare and I had to lower my volume. I never really got into card games, but listening to Elira go through this game has been nice.

RiverBear

The lack of EN3 is probably not an EN-branch exclusive issue, it's probably due to something agency-wide. If you pay attention, even the JP branch hasn't had a new gen for close to 16 months (already longer than their previous longest gap which was between Gen5 and HoloX), ID4 audition just ended and by the earliest we would get them is probably September which would have been at least 18 months after ID3.
Obviously Holo is losing money and is throwing a Hail Mary that HoloEarth will be able to push them back into the green

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
The lack of EN3 is probably not an EN-branch exclusive issue, it's probably due to something agency-wide. If you pay attention, even the JP branch hasn't had a new gen for close to 16 months (already longer than their previous longest gap which was between Gen5 and HoloX), ID4 audition just ended and by the earliest we would get them is probably September which would have been at least 18 months after ID3.
If they are concerned about getting too big, which they may be, I'd like to see them debut smaller gens for EN. I think ID's growth rate is a sweet spot with 3 people, maybe even a 4th member.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
This is the most boring but also the most likely explanation, probably just a company wide course change of slowing down considerably to focus on other things (like holoearth, the new studio and the fuckton of concerts the happen on the monthly)

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)
Dez is doing his two guys one character schtick again. These are always fun. Especially with the funny man.

bro wtf 24ED1E7C-4E65-473A-9C2B-86613EF5B3C6.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom