"What's worse, rape, or having sex not to procreate?"Pipkin Pippa

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AyoTempus

DoctorGladiatorAssassinHeroLobsterTempuraEater
Early Adopter
On the topic of rebranding, from my perspective as merely an observer of vtubers and not a content creator themselves I personally see a getting model as like getting a new outfit or something for your current one just on a more radical scale.

As someone who likes making characters because I'm a roleplay fag who enjoys nerd shit like DnD, I can see sticking to one model constantly as kind of boring and sometimes you want to just change your style or take your character in another direction. To you it can feel like an evolution if you truly care about this character you're making and presenting to yourself as. I think the idea that remodels = successful strategy is retarded though, because people tend to be resistant to change unless your remodel is effectively just a updated version of your current design, but I can see why some people would just enjoy putting on a new skin for their own personal enjoyment. In the end they're all just playing anime dress up in some way, so why not dress up and have fun?

Content creation from what I've observed is a fine balance between what you want as the artist/performer/etc and what your audience is willing to watch from you so you can keep doing your thing successfully. So remodels tend to be a choice you make for yourself (changing it entirely like Snuffy has done) or what you think the audience wants (aka your model is jank and you could get a better one with the same design). Choosing to put yourself over your audience will always have its issues, and it is just a decision you have to make when you decide to change your stuff. This is just a factor every brand in the world wide market has to deal with, and your average retard on the internet only just barely know how important a brand is vs the typical big corporation.

How much you let your audience control what you do is always the fine line every solo content creator walks, some are desperate like Wings or DSP and do pretty much anything for money, and you got some like Magni just take it all in stride when he talked about caring about numbers and analytics psyching yourself.

lakyus

Unicorns are the most oppressed minority
Early Adopter
I totally forgot that Amiya started streaming earlier today.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
I still miss Risu's original model, with the derpy wide eyes. It had a charm and character that was completely lost on her "upgrade". Pikamee's keep getting worse and I hope someone will step in to offer feedback. I have my fingers crossed that IRyS 2.0 won't suck but I doubt it.

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter
Dentist: Only take liquids on the first day.
Kronii:

In this scenario, what she didn't count on was being in actual pain instead of tripping balls like the first time. End rrat.
The secret was she new she had to be tripping in order to actually drink a subway smoothie.

Kiwawa GTA V

She is really making hay out of the stopping to talk over cutscenes this stream, and having fun playing the game.

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
There was liveTL in chat and Irys talked a little bit about her redesign:

Sounds like they will lean more towards angel than demon part of her.
So nothing new, but this may be the first time she said this publicly? (I forget which streams are public and which are members when I'm taking 3 nights to get through a vod)

It's probably just due to translation, but I wonder if 'some devil parts will be hidden' might refer to the horns being covered by hair or a hat or something. She has mentioned that she has so many sharp/spiky bits and that seems more devilish to her, so taking everything she's said into account I'd be expecting softer/rounder parts.

CalliopeMori BiggerestFan

New Year, New Autism!
Early Adopter

paul

Early Adopter
I was looking forward to this. Pekora is really hyped for Fate/Zero and has already binged the first 5 episodes.

The post said don't open. I opened it. I regret it. Why did they force me to look at this monstrosity?
There is a Fauna pic floating around that is far, FAR worse. I will not post that atrocity here

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Wolfie is up to something. And true to form, she managed to Pon the Tweet.
1664478941215.png

Hoping she finally got her YouTube monetization.

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
God I hope that 'Thank you for everything' isn't a prelude to '... but I'm graduating'. Just my paranoia at work.

thequ1eteye

Early Adopter
View attachment 1493

Hope Airi is ok, I just started watching her dark souls playthrough, and she is entertaining.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
View attachment 1493

Shiina (who was demonitized too iirc) posted this in support so im honestly sorta leaning to monetization, but i could be very wrong
Could be that she is doing a 1-2 punch of announcing memberships and quitting her black company, some people joked about that in Shiina's post and it seems plausible

Last edited:

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
God I hope that 'Thank you for everything' isn't a prelude to '... but I'm graduating'. Just my paranoia at work.
Didn't she just debut? Would be kind of weird to quit as you're just starting off.

My guess is either they're monetized or have some platform that will let them monetize indirectly.

AO Cody

Go read Cloudscratcher
Early Adopter

ChilChakSack

Send gastralia and fourth trochanter.
Early Adopter
Apparently Pippa isn't the only vtuber to have a cross over with Ghost:

It just occurred to me that the overlap between Pippa and Ghost's audiences might be because of their names. Pippa's fans are Capippalists and Ghost hosts True Capitalist Radio and his listeners are known as the Capitalist Army. A meet up between two industrious forces of Anti-Communistic might was inevitable.

Only tagentially related to vtubers but I found this on poast and it got a chuckle out of me:
Welcome to Poast.png
Which one of you is the Watamelon pfp?

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
As for constant model changes, it's not just Zen who thinks about it. Some seriously believe they can provide success.

I really don't like constant model changes or rebrands. I don't really know what about it bothers me but the more model variants I see over a span of time for one person the more it aggravates me. Biggest standout in this recently is ironmouse, I can barely recognize the newest model I've seen for her.

Vesper's insane autism about anything he's passionate about is his most endearing quality. I will gladly sit there for hours and listen to him explain every single minute detail about his FTL playthrough or the ramblings of a madman when it comes to a fucking bicycle. An absolute treasure and a welcome change to everyone else slamming head first into every challenge without thinking.

It can be a bit of a downside as well in my opinion, as I've spoken on a bit before regarding his approach to Dwarf Fortress and wanting to learn the game well enough that he can 'present' it and make it look appealing so that he doesn't have a bad gameplay vod and drive people away. I don't think any amount of skilled play will really help DF appeal to more people, even with graphical addons it's such a dense and obtuse game, you are either autistic or you're not and I don't think you can 'sell' it to people. Time will tell if he can pull off a real time Boatmurdered though, shame he's probably the only one with any interest in even trying the game because I think a Holosuccession fortress would be madness.

I'm sure with my PFP, people will be shocked to hear that Fauna is easily my favorite of the Holo-EN girls. I think she really flew under people's radar with how she presents herself up front vs how she actually is when you watch her stream for a while. My favorite part is how sweaty/tryhard she gets when she really gets in the mood. Comes out of left field with how cutesy her voice is.

I didn't realize that was Fauna for the longest time, I forgot when I made the connection, but yeah that dichotomy is why she became my breakout hit in Council when Sana started floundering. On the outside she's a cutesy wholesome plant mama, but inside there's a toxic gremlin sweatlord with some really weird esoteric knowledge points. Of all chuubadom, she's one of the few I actually would really want to get to meet personally because I wonder just how much of a powerlevel she's hiding.

Mehk

She's been streaming for a about an hour, and just mentioned that she had @Azehara help her with her audition. Also apparently chat is telling her to blame Pippa if she doesn't get in.

Clown Penis

Dizzy "Elf Pride Worldwide" Dokuro
Early Adopter

Finally, closure...!

Christ, I just had a desire to play it again after years. Watching Mi-chan struggle with the camera axed any desire. I'd almost forgotten.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Could be that she is doing a 1-2 punch of announcing memberships and quitting her black company, some people joked about that in Shiina's post and it seems plausible
I doubt she's quitting her Black Company job. Both her and Shiina have emphasized a few times she "Can't" quit the job. They implied in such a way that it's impossible, which lead me to believe she's got a contract or something with heavy penalties if she quits early. But honestly, that's just rrat speculation.
I didn't realize that was Fauna for the longest time
Yea, it's the part two of Zedd's birthday art for Fauna.

Speaking of, he's had two back to back art winners.
1664486479935.png

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom