General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
Shiina Panel

Pomu Panel

Tried to find Lumi's but no dice

Wonders AI, please do Shiina next! Instead of pants, just make her a little bigger! Like Lum with less boobs.

thequ1eteye

Early Adopter

AmpleChip

PassiveUnaggressive

Early Adopter
Pretty sure that one's supposed to be Shitpost.
Oh really?

It dawns on me people exist on the internet that might not know what leetspeak was. Never was a user (true, cringe, or otherwise), but this thought brings discomfort.
Wonders AI, please do Shiina next! Instead of pants, just make her a little bigger! Like Lum with less boobs.
No, take that back, she's cute smol
1664268347116.png

thequ1eteye

Early Adopter
Oh really?

It dawns on me people exist on the internet that might not know what leetspeak was. Never was a user (true, cringe, or otherwise), but this thought brings discomfort.
Starting to feel old, eh?

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
Oh really?

No, take that back, she's cute smol
View attachment 1379
Just a little bigger, just a lil more thighs and hips to get out of
CH
O
MO
range......
Ding ding 35 MUST MAKE BABY

AO Cody

Go read Cloudscratcher
Early Adopter
Haven't seen any of the girls play Minecraft in a while. Inb4 they forgot about it. Maybe Haachama will see it when she randomly goes into the abandoned EN server.
Rust is the new Minecraft.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
She's an Asian grandma, she shrunk down to her final size.

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)
Hello, I want to say thank you for covering "Sana ako na lang"! It's really inspiring that many people created wonderful renditions and covers of a ZjITtpHozZtT that my friends and I did for one day

It's butchered up English, basic thank you message

E: Didn't realize there was more. Second message group asking they give credit where it's due, third saying there's more to come, so stay tuned

turns out someone already translated all 3, it was just a bit further in the thread, oof lol

kushami tasukaru

Early Adopter
I'm surprised you can keep being a member of a retired Vtuber's channel. I'd have thought that they would have disabled that after she graduated.

Edit: Given that she no longer works for them, do you think she still gets a cut, or does it all go to Cover?
I could be completely wrong, but when Coco graduated her explanation gave me the impression that YouTube had a rule that in order for a channel keep memberships, it needs to upload at minimum one video every three months.
My Oshi Yaezawa Natori graduated from Idolbu/.LIVE 27 April last year and her membership is still open. I would think it's going to be in the contract but as the avatar is owned by the company I would guess the money will go their way.

I'm not sure if she intended to make farting sounds, but she's succeeding.

At least niggos are still as impulsive and violent as ever!

I saw some JP Vtubers playing this game and found their reactions amusing. Nijisanji's Higuchi Kaede played Hava Nagila and her chat thought it's Indian music. Also a lot of Deron's "I know this tune!"

Currently Kulaku Lie from Re:AcT is playing it, just finished God Save the King and she thought Big Ben was the Eiffel Tower.

One interesting Re:AcT Vtuber who does morning streams, Sunday morning singing streams, gaming, and some ASMR. Recently got a new outfit.
Kulaku Lie new outfit.jpg
I would recommend this stream where she does a whistling karaoke stream.

EDIT: The text pointing at her reads "Former Brass Band Club Member" and she actually used the free mode to play Take Me Home, Country Roads.

Last edited:

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥
I've never seen @thhrang in the same room as Josh as the same time.
Are you accusing me of being an obese broke-dick chubby chaser?
jersh APOCALYPSE.jpg

I tell you, young fellow, there was a time when thrrang didn't use the wikihow dog as a profile pic. He changed it after the great nullpocalypse of early 2021 only to scare people and stuck with it.
I'm surprised there's people here who actually remember that about me.
1664276285165.png

Just pretending

The Great Bald Rrat
Early Adopter
I'm surprised there's people here who actually remember that about me.
Well duh, it's hard to forget your posts gave us heart attacks on a daily basis until we got used to it.

Kourai

Not pictured: the will to live
Early Adopter
Archivist
It was I. You may all transfer your likes and hearts to this post instead.

Has there been any activity on the old thread? Or is every version of the site dead now? I gave up trying a while ago when I could only get on every now and then.
While this is indeed art, in the extremely unlikely event that Lui learns what a Kiwi Farms is, I will blame you.

Here we are, at last.
View attachment 1367
I wonder if the visit to her minecraft tower being scheduled for this week is just coincidence or because of the 1-year badges rolling out, in a "closing the chapter" kind of situation (though her membership will be open until the end of October).

Meanwhile, Namie's last stream was 3 weeks ago. She has posted a pair of pictures recently, so I guess that's where her focus has been, but if it means getting to watch her again I'd take even a gachashit stream.
I wonder about the timing as well. Until you mentioned the 1-year badges I wasn't sure if there was any occasion.

Ravenclaw back at it again with in-depth song reactions this time Towa's Scream

Digging up this post to thank you lol. My knowledge of music theory and critique tops out at "Me like". So to me it's really fascinating how her knowledge allows her to pick up things like the emotional significance of Palette, even with relatively little knowledge of Vtubing or Hololive history. I wish someone could translate her videos, as difficult as that would be. Might please Suisei and Towa to see this kind of technical appreciation of their work from overseas.

Also this quote: "'Down under'? Is [Towa] coming to Australia? ...Oh. Hell. Hell, Australia, what's the difference."

Jolted Cookies

Ohmies don't snitch
Early Adopter
I could be completely wrong, but when Coco graduated her explanation gave me the impression that YouTube had a rule that in order for a channel keep memberships, it needs to upload at minimum one video every three months.
It could be as simple as that, but @kushami tasukaru mentioned a membership being open over a year, so it could be the corpos call and YT doesn't care?

I wonder about the timing as well. Until you mentioned the 1-year badges I wasn't sure if there was any occasion.
I think it's just coincidence. "Sana's Day 1 members are getting their 1-year badges, let's celebrate by climbing her tower" is quite the stretch of a reason... unless it was pre-planned before she left. (that's an even bigger stretch)

DrStupid

Resident Undertaker
Early Adopter

AyoTempus

DoctorGladiatorAssassinHeroLobsterTempuraEater
Early Adopter
Punished Ragus trying to escape prison in Minecraft.

Punished Ragus.PNG

Jealous

Lurker

Faceless Waifu

prompt: 1girl, solo, faceless
Early Adopter

Slight update to the Nijisanji's Nijifes scheduling stuff, both offline concert stage and online stuff. Now they revealed each titles of the open stages events and confirmations that at least one or two of the events will be pre-recorded beforehand (Ethyria one included).

The whole thing about "potentially might be cancelled" for the Lazulight + Hana Macchia 3D still stands, but considering that the dang typhoon is over in japan (I think?), there is some hope!

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
This is gonna be mildly off topic from the purpose of this thread, but as a PSA for those who do not MEDS HATE FR FR (including any sad girl vtubers who happen to be here): from this past July: https://www.theweek.co.uk/news/scie...ical-imbalance-theory-not-grounded-in-science

A scientific review has concluded that depression is not caused by chemical imbalances in the brain, and may be more closely linked to stressful life events.

The review, conducted by University College London and published in the Molecular Psychiatry journal, examined the “serotonin theory of depression”, an “influential” and long-held belief that lower serotonin levels may make an individual more likely to experience depression.

A link between serotonin levels and depression was first put forward in the 1960s, and antidepressant use has increased since the 1990s with the development of Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor antidepressants. One in six adults in England are currently prescribed antidepressants, many of which help to adjust serotonin levels.

“Many people take antidepressants because they have been led to believe their depression has a biochemical cause, but this research suggests this belief is not grounded in evidence,” said Professor Joanna Moncrieff, the study’s lead author.

The authors examined studies into the chemical’s impact on depression, including studies where participants’ serotonin levels were artificially lowered through dietary methods. In both cases, a link could not be established.

Tom Cruise was right all along:

TOM CRUISE: Here we are today, where I talk out against drugs and psychiatric abuses of electro-shocking people against their will, drugging children, with them not knowing the effects of these drugs. Do you know what Adderall is, do you know Ritalin? Do you now that Ritalin is a street drug? Do you understand that?

MATT LAUER: The difference is that this was not against her will, though.

TOM CRUISE: Matt, I’m asking you a question.

MATT LAUER: I understand there’s abuse of all of these things.

TOM CRUISE: No, you see, here’s the problem. You don’t know the history of psychiatry. I do. All it does is mask the problem, Matt. And if you understand the history of it, it masks the problem. That’s what it does. That’s all it does. You’re not getting to the reason why. There is no such thing as a chemical imbalance. I’m saying that drugs are not the answer. These substances are very dangerous. They’re mind-altering anti-psychotic drugs. And there are ways of doing it without that, so we don’t end up in A Brave New World.

MATT LAUER: Yes, there are abuses. And yes, maybe we’ve gone too far in certain areas. Maybe there are too many kids on Ritalin. But aren’t there examples where it works.

TOM CRUISE: Too many kids on Ritalin? Matt, you’re glib. You don’t even know what Ritalin is. If you start talking about chemical imbalance, you have to evaluate and read the research papers on how they came up with these theories. That’s what I’ve done. You go and you say, where’s the medical test? Where’s the blood test that says how much Ritalin you’re supposed to get?

MATT LAUER: It’s very impressive to listen to you, because clearly you’ve done the homework and you know the subject.

TOM CRUISE: And you should. And you should do that also, because just knowing people who are on Ritalin isn’t enough.

I don't know what Lia needs, but I can almost guarantee you that someone who is taking drugs to ostensibly fix "chemical imbalances" in their brains (now admitted by scientific authorities to be snake oil) to fix emotional distress are only creating more problems on top of an already fucked up situation. If I had to bet, based on what I've seen I would assume she is already on some and with some time off of them, all else being equal, I would expect more emotional/mental stability, not less.

Call it parasocial but I have emotional investment in the wellbeing of the people whose content I spend time viewing online - I care about them as individuals and want them to live happy, fulfilled lives. That includes all of you guys. So if you're on SSRI's etc., understand that science now admits you were lied to, and adjust your habits accordingly.

(credit to Vox Day's blog who I shamelessly stole the quoted sections from)

I'm pretty sure psychiatrists nowadays are just legal pushers with all the drugs they keep selling to vulnerable people. The only difference is that you pay tax for your dose.

I feel fucking old when i hear 13 yr old kids are attempting fucking suicide and taking pills like they're 30, jesus the world is kinda fucked without the kinda.
Women specially seem more unbalanced than ever, probably from a lack of dick since men are either pussies or watching vtubers have weird hobbies, can't wait to see how bad it gets when people start dating AI like it's the god damn blade runner universe.

MENHERA HAS BECOME AN EPIDEMIC
While in hindsight I agree with a lot of what Tom Cruise was saying up there, the conclusion is ass. Fuck Scientology.

One of the biggest problems nowadays is it seems like psychology and therapy have moved away from trying to come to terms with your mental demons and working through your issues to just taking a pill to fix everything. In a world with Trigger warnings everywhere, people don't know the most effective way to overcome trauma is exposure therapy. And I think the current climate of victimhood Olympics as well as the rampant habit of self-diagnosing mental problems has fostered the current issues to just give everything a pill.

RE: women not getting enough dick - I kinda agree with this. There was a survey that came out yesterday that said something like 50% of single men fear even approaching women because they don't want to be labeled creepy. I think women have freaked out about every minor societal faux pas and how men 'creep' on them (see that one woman who recorded herself getting catcalled which was hilarious how overblown it was). Add in the modern dating culture just being websites and apps, and I think women have unintentionally created an environment that robs them of any sort of normal romance because men are terrified to even act, and it's just easier to boot up World of Warcraft and go raid with the boys again.
https://t.me/s/kiwifarms
https://poa.st/@josh
I hope you were using a unique password and email
A friendly PSA - Use KeePass or some other local password manager, and have the password file be in something like your personal google drive. That way you can access the passwords on your main PC as well as your phone. And lock the file with a good password. Works wonders for managing all the websites you use. The easiest way to prevent hacked accounts is to have all of the passwords be unique and ones you don't even remember. Also, 2Factor everything important you can.

PassiveUnaggressive

Early Adopter
Surprisingly wholesome streamer streaming new update to the ghost game that got popular

E: quite glad she decided to let her real voice free. It's pleasant to my ears. Hopefully it's helped her be more comfortable with it

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom