"Why are you guys like this?"Chisaka Airi

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kestraline

Early Adopter
Actually, I'm quite sure Veibae backed out on her own after all the Holo fans called her out.
That's what she wants you to think. She couldn't exactly tell people what really happened in case people took up pitchforks against hololive. Plus she didn't want the remaining Kiara collab with pink cat to get torpedoed.

The fact she was never brought up again in any holo collab does imply she got banned.

Honestly the entire group should have been told to fuck off. Was ridiculous niji collabs got blocked but no problem with a far worse group.

White Stone

A literal white stone
Early Adopter

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
Axel Vesper drunk collab starter. Though Vesper's gonna be drinking water for the rest of the night cause he's already hammered.

Good Ol' Chum

Sanest Chumbud
Vesper's VOD has already been nuked.
:whatastory:

paul

Early Adopter

Empty_Inbox

🏆 Thread Recap links are in my Profile Posts
Early Adopter
Deranged Archivist
Posting for feedback, the latest recap features colored and abbrev highlights for companies:

Ᵽ PHC: Phase Connect
♨ FVR: FlaVR
▷ HLO: Hololive
☆ HST: Holostars
◷ NIJ: Nijisanji

Need feedback specifically on colors and an appearance of unicode characters (Ᵽ for example). Also should we combine Phase and FlaVR?

The Virtual Asylum Thread Recap
Pages 1350-1400

I've implemented Mumberthrax's idea about unicode and abbrev for companies, together with color coding. Feedback on color and in general is welcome!

I would like to see how this looks like with emojis, as per Kourai suggestion, too. Maybe future experiment?

Mixed feelings about FlaVR separation. When we are talking Hololive and Holostars, I can see plenty of people being a fan of one and not the other, but is it the same with Phase and FlaVR? Recap is here for fans of vtubers, and while I see separation making sense in legal context, does it make sense for us?

🍄 PHC
All options are equally parseable for autistic number-crunching, as well.

That said, Empty_Inbox if you're not running into character limits, use whatever is more visible when skimming, so that the reader can find what they're interested in. The disadvantage of Unicode emoji is that their appearance is browser-dependent. Then again, colour contrasts are monitor-dependent.

As for FlaVR, I don't watch much of Phase Connect or FlaVR. Theoretically someone could be a fan of Sena or Minna without being interested in Phase Connect, like some people preferred to sign up here instead of the homeland, though they know what "the homeland" refers to. I don't know if that describes anyone here though.

Emojis with company abbrev is a great idea! Also, maybe I was putting too much emphasis on character limit, my bad - it is not really a problem at the moment. Maybe it comes from the early days, where it was a problem, thankfully The Proctor addressed the issue twice.

Plus, even if we hit the limit, I can just split the thing in two - I'm sure people will be ok with that kind of doublepost.

It makes my work easier, but it is kinda sad - we will never have a page of full posts, lol. I imagine a regular post would never hit the limit in normal circumstances.

Good Ol' Chum

Sanest Chumbud
Gotta say, this is the first time I've seen Yakiniku Simulator played as a really expensive campfire simulator.
1673277763508.png

Godzilla1984

Early Adopter
Shiina can't handle the beef!
When you reach the Tofu, rice and vegetables end game your stomach is marching towards, I'll be there waiting with my special "I'm old and my body hates me
Holy shit, the poor seamstress :/ I genuinely feel bad for her, it would be bad enough to be born with a food allergy like that but having one suddenly spring up on you is an insane thought. In the comments people were bringing up the potential it was due to a tick bite and she referenced her shut-in status and says she hasn't found any anywhere, but ticks are sneaky little bastards sometimes you don't even know one has got you unless you happen to feel it while doing something else.
I feel for her. My IBS's tolerance for certain foods has degraded with age. I beat her to the beef intolerance finish line last year.

On today's episode of Twatter Trending:
Screenshot_1.png
Karen no!

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
This man Vesper was planning on keeping his Japan visit a secret the entire time he would have been there. He would have been streaming at 1 am JST every day to make sure no one found out
:whatastory:

DaddyChill

What the hell is even that!
Early Adopter
Gotta say, this is the first time I've seen Yakiniku Simulator played as a really expensive campfire simulator.
View attachment 10283
He is fucking roasting that shit. Please Vesper take over the cooking perms. I wouldn't want a steak cooked by this man.

Also thank God someone saved that vod. I wasn't able to catch the first half. Really wish Vesper would've committed to the Riders of Rohan speech. I can just imagine Vesper clutching his spear yelling "DEAAAAATH".

Clown Penis

Dizzy "Elf Pride Worldwide" Dokuro
Early Adopter
He is fucking roasting that shit. Please Vesper take over the cooking perms. I wouldn't want a steak cooked by this man.

Also thank God someone saved that vod. I wasn't able to catch the first half. Really wish Vesper would've committed to the Riders of Rohan speech. I can just imagine Vesper clutching his spear yelling "DEAAAAATH".
grampire spear by @Anonamos_701.png

Grilling an elephant head?
Screenshot_20230109_110512_Brave.jpg

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
I saw the notification for Vesper's stream, click, its already gone

Then reading here i come to find out he fucked off to Japan to escape his family, somehow brought his spear along, and was planning to stay "incognito" there long enough to fake his own death

I Love this weeb midlife crisis boomer so much mang... (no homo)

AyoTempus

DoctorGladiatorAssassinHeroLobsterTempuraEater
Early Adopter
Thank goodness someone saved the Vesper vod, I was asleep and now I come back to Axel talking about having a dick on his screen. Father and Son Tempus is the best Tempus.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
I saw the notification for Vesper's stream, click, its already gone

Then reading here i come to find out he fucked off to Japan to escape his family, somehow brought his spear along, and was planning to stay "incognito" there long enough to fake his own death

I Love this weeb midlife crisis boomer so much mang... (no homo)

Thank goodness someone saved the Vesper vod, I was asleep and now I come back to Axel talking about having a dick on his screen. Father and Son Tempus is the best Tempus.
This stream on Axel's channel has been amazing so far too. Vesper has convinced Axel to go halfsies on the most expensive Gunpla they can find in Tokyo and build it together on stream.

JellyKusa

Early Adopter

Ollie giving information on how the Holo's handle da money with collabs. I pretty much expected it to be this way just because it makes the most sense, but having her actually come out and talk about it is always welcome. Because confirmation on certain things, especially finances, is hard to come by in regards to corpo vtubers.

I fucking wish.

Huh, I thought that was common knowledg. Kiara already confirmed this way of working ages ago.
Orange woman bad.

More seriously (... though really, her being outright dismissive of the shows she knows didn't exactly raise my opinion of her), Kiara's very much an idol otaku with some degree of adjacent experience with other Japanese media and absolutely nothing else:

If there is any person in the world who you could say 'Bugs Bunny' to and only get a blank stare in response, it's her.

Most of the classic childhood cartoons for americans isnt that common for Euros because Nick and Cartoon Network are either pay-TV or Satelite TV. But most households don't have a satellite dish and only revive the lesser choices through land line.
So its not that she only knows japanese medis, she does know a bunch of typically German kids cartoons. This is more of an mainland European culture difference issue.
I doubt it's to do with the jester as they've interacted and he is following her but I do wonder if they'll even allow a collab between them.

All it'll take is people reposting her usual vshitshow bad history and perhaps someone will realise it's not a good idea as she is a drama magnet.

Just remember, it was hololive who blocked veibae's collab after her choice words were exposed when she tried to get something with Kiara.
It wasn't Hololive. After Vei was caught talkimg shit she got shit from Hololive fans and dropped the collab on her own. Kiara then did the collab with Nyanners.

kukkia

Early Adopter
I'm pretty sure there are special laws about taking a katana out of Japan, I think you have to prove it isn't a historical artifact and they don't take "trust me bro" as proof. Its not hard to do but if you don't know that you need documents proving that it is a modern creation and not a artifact and just show up at the airport trying to board a plane with one in your suitcase then they will confiscate it. I think Sarah Michelle Gellar encountered this when trying to bring home a present for her husband.

As long as he buys it from a decent seller he should be fine. There are a fair amount of shops in Tokyo and Kyoto who have experience selling swords to dumb foreigners. They’ll typically sell you the sword, handle the paperwork, and then ship it to you.

Bug Eater

3 hours in, 17 shots (only 20% abv/40 proof though), 1 food delivery, 0 yabs. I figured this Kotoka stream would be more unhinged but she just becomes cuter when drunk... lawd have mercy

AyoTempus

DoctorGladiatorAssassinHeroLobsterTempuraEater
Early Adopter

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Someone posted a Torrent for Vesper's stream earlier so you don't need to wait on the Mega link.
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:e9874de71b6e9b545cad808eb6a3b2877215eb52&dn=%5B20230109%5D%20these%20deepfakes%20are%20getting%20really%20good%20huh&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.pomf.se%3A80%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.stealth.si%3A80%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.opentrackr.org%3A1337%2Fannounce
Edit: Gofile link too - https://gofile.io/d/RXSgCX

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
I've been slowly going through more of the Idol Corp EN catalogue, and I'm really growing on Rin Penrose. I know I said she reminded me of Sana to an extent, but I've since changed my opinion to her being one of the top "Royal EN Vtubers" by sheer personality alone. Tomboy supremacy in action, other corps should take note. Sure, she might repeat jokes and lines a million times over per video to the point you can predict what she will say before she says it, but it's all endearing nonetheless. Scouting her was probably one of the best decisions they could have made to help fill the drought of tomboys in the scene.

Same with Yuko Yurei, she's injecting a lot of Gura-isms into her behavior, but the energy she brings to the table outweighs it entirely. In fact, with every collab stream I've watched so far, she seems to be able to play off pretty much anyone to make the stream that much more entertaining - case in point, the Pippa collab got me to actually view Idol Corp seriously. I have no doubt management is more than aware of this, and I feel that - in the future - they would leverage Yuko collabs to get more eyes on her and the other girls. I just wish the chat wasn't filled with UOH/cry-posting and attempts at getting her to say "Cute and Funny" for the millionth time. That gets old, to say the least.

Most importantly, both of their memberships seem to include membership streams. Shocking, I know, but that already puts their membership at a greater value than a lot of others I used to be members of. I'm looking at Phase Connect specifically, they seem to be allergic to membership streams no matter how many people keep asking for them, and that might help satiate fishman's endless greed by incentivizing continued membership.

Anyway, that's my Autism writ large, give me another few dozen hours of streams so I can get a good feel for the other girls outside of first impressions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom