"You have to continue searching for the biggest nuts you can get"Ayunda Risu

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elite Miko

Early Adopter
This man brought a spear to the airport. A SPEAR. I thought that Mangi was the most unhinged but Vesper's right about himself being the one.

Watamate

Previously known as Tatsunoko
Early Adopter
Old clip and stream, but an interesting feature. Would make Iofi's hair styling streams a lot more impactful.

Lesbian Solid Snake

Pettan Hag Supremacy

kushami tasukaru

Early Adopter
Didn't have the time to write down the Niji mahjong tournament result yesterday but Sorahoshi Kirame won.
niji mahjong 2023 final.jpg
First hanchan Alice was initially dominating and Kirame catching up, both mostly beating up Elu and Haruka. Elu herself tried to make a comeback but during her dealer round in South 3 Haruka got a mangan tsumo pushing her down to negatives (dealer took double points penalty compared to others, 2000/4000 got her to -2300 from 1700).
Second hanchan Elu and Kirame basically gangbanged Haruka. The end result was actually decided in the very final round as Alice called riichi (offered 1000 point stick for guaranteed yaku) and the round ended in an exhaustive draw. As Haruka is not tenpai, she took the noten penalty and went to minus points ending the match (Alice was the only one in tenpai, had Haruka been in tenpai the match would have continued). If she didn't call riichi and stayed dama, she would have won by 200 points.

Kirame herself is currently reviewing her games.

Here's a clip from Kotoka's POV during her second round match.

Initially I watched Muyu's stream but her OBS acted up and the first half of the VOD (the entire match) was muted so I switched to Yorumi.

From Kuzuha's POV when he and Ochigu got hammered by Elira.

He forgot to move Elira's 3D live promo from the screen and because Yostar basically has a rule for tournament to delay stream for five minutes he couldn't see chat when it was happening. Elira got a massive endorsement by Niji's king though so that's a big plus.

Good Ol' Chum

Sanest Chumbud
Vesper's contemplating the purchase of an authentic japanese-forged katana and full samurai armor to boot. Chat's put the idea of showing up to dinner with staff in full glorious nippon armor, but he's rather firmly shot that idea down. We'll know if he changes his mind if he gets suspended another two weeks though.
:whatastory:
Alcohol sure as hell oils those already loose hinges of his.

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
So earlier on Vesper mentioned some of his influences are Tyler1, Jerma, and Northern Lion. Is this where Pippa learned about lion?

Also sounds like he gets henpecked by his family.

Watamate

Previously known as Tatsunoko
Early Adopter
Botan was pretty popular on the Deep Rock Galactic subreddit the other day. Posted by one of her Russian fans it looks like, not exactly a surprise.

Lovecraftsalot

Lurker Extraordinaire
(Sorry for formatting in mobile)

Lord Commander Chaos our new jester fellow seems to have left a mark on his previous friends. The artist for his model seems to be Froot of Vshojo.

https://virtualyoutuber.fandom.com/wiki/Lord_Commander_Chaos

And she didn’t take kindly to that

9FDA552F-9252-47F8-B9A9-613F91550BF3.jpeg

Edit: wow very late and gay, thats what I get for eating grass and slamming alcohol

Kourai

Not pictured: the will to live
Early Adopter
Archivist
Walls of text under spoilers.

Apparently Tempus DLC is called Tempus Vanguard. All good, as long as I know what to call them.

Bettel
- Seems to prefer to be called Bettel over Gavis a bit more strongly compared to the other ambiguous Tempus (Altare).
- Good sketch comedy.
- A safe pick (in terms of being a good, experienced entertainer, not in terms of whether he'll come unhinged later).

Flayon
- Tries too hard. I might warm up to him over time.
- The opening sequence is much more of a VA showcase than a personality showcase. Which is fine if that's what he wanted, but not what I was looking for.
- The robot sketch was a good idea, but he should have given it (and himself) room to breathe.
- Again, I'm glad Vtubers usually only stream from the waist up and I hope the overcoat stays on.
- Very good rigging. No surprise coming from Brian Tsui.

Hakka
- Infectious enthusiasm. I want to see more music from him and I want to see how he does at being HoloES 0.
- The HoloES 0 shtick is thunk-provoking. From what I read in this thread, Reimu and Scarle don't go as hard on NijiES. And for within-Holo comparisons, Koreans go for Kiara and Bae rather than the actual Koreans. No doubt Hakka had discussions with management, but he also seems genuinely happy to aim for the ES audience. Perhaps he's more confident he can entertain that audience because he's a walking stereotype.
- The Yagoo sketch was funny. The Dora the Explorer sketch was also funny because of how cringe it was, but could have been shorter.
- The beet pee story isn't nearly as bad the Shylily quote but I still wonder if it can go in random.txt lol.
- He can also speak Japanese. Or at least, he was the only Vanguard confident enough to use any Japanese in his debut. He's probably not as fluent as Axel, but I hope he can translate. On the other hand, he's made quite clear which off-branch audience he's aiming for.
- Stiffer rigging than Flayon, so I was a bit surprised that his papa is tou_ilie, same as Sakamata, Zeta and Altare. Altare is also a bit stiff compared to the girls.

Shinri
- EN Oga. Can't match Oga in singing yet, but I hope he works on it.
- Comfortable dad energy. Reminder that you can stream with a deep voice without telling your viewers to give you a blowjob or fix your mental darkness. That said, I think Vesper's chat message speaks for a lot of viewers here lol. At some point Shinri might have to tell chat to fix their own daddy issues.
- My favourite design of the four. But going shirtless or harness-only under the orange coat would have been better than the spandex boob window and if I have to notice the nipple chain, so do you.
- He called attention to his blue left hand, and Hakka also has something going on with his right hand. I'm not sure what LORE they're planning, and frankly I prefer LORE to be laid out at the start.

Hakka is the first of these that doesn't feel like he fits the model. Too much of a traditional look for what's more of a modern personality. I think if they swapped him and Gavis it would be better as Gavis had the evil character before that would fit more, while Hakka is much more of the "lols so random X D"
I can definitely see LCC!Hakka screaming about the yokai in his walls while Hiraga!Gavis gets slapped by Yagoo for playing the fool, but I also think they'll work out as is, as current Gavis likes his sketches the way a jester should, while current Hakka can play a young chuuni exorcist. Corpo recruitment has some element of casting for characters, but some choices are more wobbly than others; there's an oft-repeated story about Kiara and Calli nearly getting each other's models. Also keep in mind that if the Tempus lore is based on real behind-the-scenes decisions, LCC would have gotten Gavis before Hiraga got Hakka. Food for thought nonetheless.
I've implemented @Mumberthrax 's idea about unicode and abbrev for companies, together with color coding. Feedback on color and in general is welcome!​

I would like to see how this looks like with emojis, as per @Kourai suggestion, too. Maybe future experiment?

Mixed feelings about FlaVR separation. When we are talking Hololive and Holostars, I can see plenty of people being a fan of one and not the other, but is it the same with Phase and FlaVR? Recap is here for fans of vtubers, and while I see separation making sense in legal context, does it make sense for us?
@Mumberthrax I suggested emoji because posts have a character limit. Default-coloured Unicode and text don't stand out when skimming, and colour tags make each company tag 41 characters:
[COLOR=rgb(255, 105, 180)]Ᵽ PHC[/COLOR]
As opposed to <15 characters for BBcode emoji:
:mushroom: PHC
Or 5 characters for Unicode emoji:
🍄 PHC
All options are equally parseable for autistic number-crunching, as well.

That said, @Empty_Inbox if you're not running into character limits, use whatever is more visible when skimming, so that the reader can find what they're interested in. The disadvantage of Unicode emoji is that their appearance is browser-dependent. Then again, colour contrasts are monitor-dependent.

As for FlaVR, I don't watch much of Phase Connect or FlaVR. Theoretically someone could be a fan of Sena or Minna without being interested in Phase Connect, like some people preferred to sign up here instead of the homeland, though they know what "the homeland" refers to. I don't know if that describes anyone here though.

View attachment 10241
VTA posting divided by subject matter
(not based on any actual data, only my perception of the posting)
Add a date-range or legend for the date span for the data and this would actually be a nice, periodic infographic for the board.
>3D pie chart
:depressedtako:

That aside. There are a couple of "objective" ways to compile similar data. One is to note the time span covered by a 50 page block, and then parse Empty_Inbox's recap for corpo tags to see how many post links appear under each tag per 50 pages. Of course, the recaps cut out run-of-the-mill discussion by design, but this gives you an idea of how highlights are distributed.

Another is to break out a tally counter with multiple buttons.

are there any games for two people BESIDES a way out? like holy shit girls play anything else? I've already seen this game like 50 times i dont want to make it 51
Other than games already mentioned, there is KeyWe, where you play as kiwis running a mail office. You can play dress-up with the kiwis.

New kronii schedule (monopoly with pink woman doesn't cause graduations...right?)
View attachment 10249

Fortunately, Vesper already faced the curse and survived.

Last edited:

Porean

Lavender Spider Lover & Tsunderia Scholar
Early Adopter
Thread favourite spotted in Vesper's chat:
Screenshot 2023-01-09 at 14-28-39 【 Just Chatting 】DO NOT BE ALARMED!!! I've fled the country.png

Edit:
Screenshot 2023-01-09 at 14-45-10 【 Just Chatting 】DO NOT BE ALARMED!!! I've fled the country.png

Last edited:

LurkerD

The lurker formally known as Drax
Vesper's contemplating the purchase of an authentic japanese-forged katana and full samurai armor to boot. Chat's put the idea of showing up to dinner with staff in full glorious nippon armor, but he's rather firmly shot that idea down. We'll know if he changes his mind if he gets suspended another two weeks though.

I'm pretty sure there are special laws about taking a katana out of Japan, I think you have to prove it isn't a historical artifact and they don't take "trust me bro" as proof. Its not hard to do but if you don't know that you need documents proving that it is a modern creation and not a artifact and just show up at the airport trying to board a plane with one in your suitcase then they will confiscate it. I think Sarah Michelle Gellar encountered this when trying to bring home a present for her husband.

Lord Commander Chaos our new jester fellow seems to have left a mark on his previous friends. The artist for his model seems to be Froot of Vshojo.

View attachment 10268
Edit: wow very late and gay, thats what I get for eating grass and slamming alcohol

Isn't this like that one friend of Fauna's who had fit when Fauna debuted.

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY

View attachment 10268

Late though you are, I don't think anyone's put forward that it's Chaos getting into Hololive that triggered her menhera. Seems unreasonably petty, but this is the girl that rode the cock carousal while her husband was deployed, so nothing is beneath her (except Jamal :smugselen:).

FL Cascadia

I'm pretty sure there are special laws about taking a katana out of Japan, I think you have to prove it isn't a historical artifact and they don't take "trust me bro" as proof. Its not hard to do but if you don't know that you need documents proving that it is a modern creation and not a artifact and just show up at the airport trying to board a plane with one in your suitcase then they will confiscate it. I think Sarah Michelle Gellar encountered this when trying to bring home a present for her husband.

Isn't this like that one friend of Fauna's who had fit when Fauna debuted.
No, that was Fallenshadow that had a fit.

Scuddle

Pope of にじさんじ
Didn't have the time to write down the Niji mahjong tournament result yesterday but Sorahoshi Kirame won.
View attachment 10267
First hanchan Alice was initially dominating and Kirame catching up, both mostly beating up Elu and Haruka. Elu herself tried to make a comeback but during her dealer round in South 3 Haruka got a mangan tsumo pushing her down to negatives (dealer took double points penalty compared to others, 2000/4000 got her to -2300 from 1700).
Second hanchan Elu and Kirame basically gangbanged Haruka. The end result was actually decided in the very final round as Alice called riichi (offered 1000 point stick for guaranteed yaku) and the round ended in an exhaustive draw. As Haruka is not tenpai, she took the noten penalty and went to minus points ending the match (Alice was the only one in tenpai, had Haruka been in tenpai the match would have continued). If she didn't call riichi and stayed dama, she would have won by 200 points.

Kirame herself is currently reviewing her games.

Here's a clip from Kotoka's POV during her second round match.

Initially I watched Muyu's stream but her OBS acted up and the first half of the VOD (the entire match) was muted so I switched to Yorumi.

From Kuzuha's POV when he and Ochigu got hammered by Elira.

He forgot to move Elira's 3D live promo from the screen and because Yostar basically has a rule for tournament to delay stream for five minutes he couldn't see chat when it was happening. Elira got a massive endorsement by Niji's king though so that's a big plus.

Kuzuha's reaction to his manager telling him his chat hasn't been able to see the screen for 30 minutes was great.

According to Elira in her zatsu, it was Haruka's idea to use Elira's 3D visual as her starting screen and Chigusa followed suit. Kuzuha then put it in the corner of his screen while waiting and forgot when the match started. Elira started crying talking about how nice they were to do that so big ups to Haruka for the idea. When asked if she was more nervous for their match or her 3D, she said it was their match because Haruka is really good, Chigusa is her Oshi and 'Kuzuha is Kuzuha'. Kuzuha gushing over Elira's Japanese immediately after she left the call was also really sweet.

As for the Grand Finals itself, it was really cool to see Haruka and Kirame there because they're both super underappreciated members of the company. The old guard of Elu and Alice (who are both believed to be women in their 30's with some even suggesting Alice may be closer to 40) rounded off a relatively niche group for 122k to be watching.

Good vibes all around going into LazuLight 3D...but something else happened today that caught a lot of people off guard.

At 12pm JST, the archive of VTA Gen 2's Kusakabe Azusa - Roco's successor as VTA's #1 girl and my second favourite - was privated.

Ladies and gentlemen, we are entering the final phase of the Kaburaki Saga.

Renmai

Shiori, what the fuck are you talking about?
Early Adopter
I dozed off and woke up to granpire screaming and nerding out over cholibirb and his 16 ur old music tastes. He sounds drunk af, need to rewatch and see wtf I missed. Drunk, giddy and semi depressed over a shitty $2 mic audio. Is he really in Nippon land.

Edit: resident scholar is now drunk wino uncle. I don't think this stream is gonna survive..

Edit: I can ground pound your mom better than anyone.. My mom game is 10/10. -vesper noir

Last edited:

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter

Clown Penis

Dizzy "Elf Pride Worldwide" Dokuro
Early Adopter
Vesper Ashigaru.png
Getting a lot of mileage out of this.

And it actually does make a massive amount of sense that Tempus DLC's clown made her (Froot/Sloot) mald vaguely.

Last edited:

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
>Vesper talks about how he'll ground pound your mom after a nice dinner date

Vesper must be in Glorious Nippon with Watson, and is giving her the ol' boar spear.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
That man is living the weaboo dream and I hope he enjoys it.

Nene bought a version 1 and version 2 mega CD attachments as well as what looks like the jp equivalent to the 32X

zxzxsc.png

Clown Penis

Dizzy "Elf Pride Worldwide" Dokuro
Early Adopter
>Vesper talks about how he'll ground pound your mom after a nice dinner date

Vesper must be in Glorious Nippon with Watson, and is giving her the ol' boar spear.
__axel_syrios_regis_altare_magni_dezmond_and_noir_vesper_holostars_and_1_more_drawn_by_khoapha...jpg
This man fucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom