"I'm relax, I'm relax, uuh magma is my house!"Roboco

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scuddle

Pope of にじさんじ
Nijisanji announced two returning tournaments for the start of 2023: Poker Chase and Mahjong Soul.

The Mahjong tournament roulette was carried out a few hours ago on Maimoto's channel and this is how the groups look:
Fk5rLzRacAEY_2X.jpeg
7 international members (4x ID, 2x EN and 1x KR) + 66 JP members for a total of 73 participants. Paging @thirteenorphans for obvious reasons. If anyone needs help naming certain members just let me know.

The two EN members will be Torahime Kotoka and Elira Pendora. Kotoka is listed as a 初心 (Beginner) rank in her introduction but Mahjong is also listed as one of her favourite games in her debut, which makes me think she's only ostensibly a Beginner as far as the game's specific ranking system goes but is decent at the game. Or maybe not.

Speaking of Kotoka, she's already back tomorrow and posted some tweets thanking fans for the well wishes. She previously said that she would only grieve for a day or two because Potato cheered her on all the way to joining Niji, so she would be disappointed if Kotoka didn't chase her dream now she made it.

For those of you who have yet to take the menhera gyaru pill, here you go:

Godzilla1984

Early Adopter

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Lol that model, if you told me she was in vshojo i wouldn't question it.
barely related
honestly i just like them for who they are and less for tropes and what vibes they give off. I like genuine shit, phase is pretty legit, atleast people i watch, indies are legit, flavr being a fake company produced some of the most legit streamers out there, cause there will never be an actual mom of two kids on holo.
I was drawn to the internet because everything i've seen on tv or hear on the radio was either fake or was regurgitated american media that barely covered the reality i was born in, all made by old people that would rather make a buck than give some actual entertaiment or food for thought. And while 2000s were pretty good it was really not that hard to see rapid decay of pretty much everything. Internet on the other hand gave me a shovel of shit but what made it better is that even fake stories were more genuine than whatever there is on tv.
I'm probably the opposite of this, imo if i wanted to watch people be "real" i would just watch regular fucking streamers, people who are so real to their own flawed personalities that they can't help but eventually alienate and make enemies of everyone they meet, and let the worst parts of themselves shine through into huge dramafests.

To me, vtubers are escapism, bigger than life personalities that lack many of the pitfalls of regular people, not quite fake but also not quite wholly human. If you are just gonna slap a model over your face and not change anything about your delivery, then it just becomes a gimmick and nothing else. Vtubing has always been compared to wrestling for a good reason, it fundamentally has an element of fakeness, but that's what makes it so intriguing. I mean the most "real" vtubers are probably vshojo, and they are fucking insufferable and have no qualms about showing just how ugly people's real selves can be.

Last edited:

kestraline

Early Adopter
I'm not the only one who immediately thought that!
People actually predicted this because neonbeat can't do anything more than a veibae face:
1672078292240.png

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
The hair dynamically changing styles is cool, but I definitely liked the old eyes better.

Tightpinch

Sony vtubers branch Vee and Verse are having a collaboration with Dungeons & Dragons

Kalion

:)
Uh, is Triple-Q going to debut as a vtuber?

If true, just because someone has the talent for banger mash-ups (like this one of Mori's "Please RIP" and the Kim Possible theme) doesn't mean they have the charisma to be a livestreamer. I'm gonna get high on copium and believe it's going to be a song making fun of vtweeters.

Triple-Q first posted this "debut" around 11/29, and it was set to go live on 11/30. Since then every time it has gotten within 4ish hours of the debut time, it has been moved back to the next day.
I think this is just one long troll, or scamming of the Youtube algo.

Lurker Throwaway

❄🐮⛓🔅📕💢🔩🎩🦅️🧸🫧🏹🦖🦊🦈🎨🍹️♾️🐧🎇🐍🪶🎴⚗️🐸

Sky Shouter

YEAH! TONIGHT!
Not sure if it's been posted here before, but Limes from Vinesauce is a vtuber

Here she butchers W40k lore to piss off her chat

kestraline

Early Adopter
Good news, the hat is still around.
1672082127574.png

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Most important part of the old Lumi still works.
1672082126152.png

edit: Lumi leaking the deets again.
Chat - "New phase invaders when?"
Lumi - "Much sooner than you'd think!"...."Gen 3 much further than you think, invaders sooner than you'd think."
Fishman, you'd better pick up Tangent Fox goddammit.

Last edited:

vestars20

Early Adopter

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
Pippa raids fangirl. Let me follow. Tags LGBTQIAplus, genderfluid. View attachment 8921
Doesn't appear to be an alphabet soup.

This stream is really sad holy shit. Her mom literally hates her guts.
Fuck man. Often Erina talks about how Remi is like an older sister to her but going by the voice and content its very hard for me to see her as anything other than a shitty brat. Its weird because to me her whole act only works to further separate any reality around her

VOD is still up on YT:
Only 480p, but here is a copy
It took forever to upload, gofile speed doesn't like me for whatever reason

Fuck, 6 hours long. Does anyone have timestamps for the sad parts?

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed. She has the same facial feature as Veibae and Nyanners. Which is unfortunate...but at least her voice remains the same. I swear, Nyanners has been imitating how Veibae talks for the past 6 months.

Oh, Dark Lumi looks pretty cool. That's a great feature.
I don't mind it too much since Veibae and Nyanners having really good models and designs. Also from a marketing standpoint its a smart thing to do because it might pull some people from those 2's audience if they see her around.

"I like Veibae, I like Nyanners, this girl looks like them, let me check em out."

Biskuit Regal

Early Adopter
So, any updates on this?
I'm a bit busy right now, so wait for a while
I'm also trying to verify the info as well. You know how it is, don't want to accuse someone for being someone else, since most people only used the voice as the similarity. But we all know how voice can be so misleading
Some things just don't add up, so I need more time than I thought

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
Fuck, 6 hours long. Does anyone have timestamps for the sad parts?
I'll just give one stamp because I only listened to the last 1/2 or so of the stream, but this was the first super sad part I heard and the part that I took mental note of (after a bunch of being parasocial). This is the part about her mom and grandma, and she goes on to explain that this upbringing is probably why she is so clingy and in love with her fans.
Important note for coomer dislikers such as myself; she got close to sexual talk sometimes I think(?), but she kept her fantasies pretty wholesome for the most part, talking about cuddling and people saying 'I love you' to her and such, and that she's never had a relationship like that (or at all?) before. It's weird because normally I would be more critical of some of that stuff, but she seemed genuine and I really did feel for her and hope for the best for her.
Something fishman told her was that she is 'very endearing', she didn't know exactly what the word meant, but I suppose he was right.

And super important note for Vesper; she says she is a flat A-cup, but has the biggest butt in Phase Connect.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Fuck man. Often Erina talks about how Remi is like an older sister to her but going by the voice and content its very hard for me to see her as anything other than a shitty brat. Its weird because to me her whole act only works to further separate any reality around her
If you ever hear a girl with a really childish "I'm a young kid" voice, it's highly likely they have a fucked-up childhood to go with it and it's a coping strategy they developed.

Knowing it's true for Remi doesn't make it easier to listen to though.

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
If you ever hear a girl with a really childish "I'm a young kid" voice, it's highly likely they have a fucked-up childhood to go with it and it's a coping strategy they developed.

Knowing it's true for Remi doesn't make it easier to listen to though.
I have heard about this and it's pretty fucked up.

Johnny Jambalaya

99%
Early Adopter
Ward Security
propaganda.gif

YOU WILL ENJOY THE CREATION OF VSHOJO LITE.
-
Fishman, probably, when introducing the next round of Invaders (Kirsche and Nyaru)

iu

Shoulda asked for a trident.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom