"Ponie posters backflip off a bridge for me"Tenma Maemi

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter

... ... She's even cuter in 3d :shiinastare: Shiina... I....
Edit: It somehow looks a lot more on-model then Pippa's, very nice!

Cute at <10 FPS, but give the girl some pants :shiinastare:
No Pi-pants :annoyedpippa:

Last edited:

PassiveUnaggressive

Early Adopter

Cute at <10 FPS, but give the girl some pants :shiinastare:

E: don't mention a product you plan to buy if you stream to more than a thousand people

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
Speaking of Wonders.ai, they also did a thing for MyHoloTv:

Edit: With the inclusion of another corpo, I wonder how many more will become a part of this. This could be huge for Michael!

Last edited:

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
Update on Abi's etsy situation. She's being ghosted.

signal-2022-12-20-02-16-11-239.png

Also the aussie shork I've been keeping an eye on, Mako Fukasame, might have been poisoning herself

signal-2022-12-20-02-19-17-425.png

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
Today on kronies are retarded, we have discord fags making a memorial for kronii's dead cat
(Archive)
1671523610980056.jpg 1671522903189582.png

1671523493576030.png 1671523570739369.png

This is why they should castrate every discord Yamanba
EDIT: They added this

(Archive)

Last edited:

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter
Wettest yet dryest man alive above

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
The Wonder 3D models are really cute because they all have their chins sanded off and have these really fat pinchable cheeks.

Empty_Inbox

🏆 Thread Recap links are in my Profile Posts
Early Adopter
Deranged Archivist
In the wake of people getting sick, Mika Melatika was admitted to hospital, planned streams are canceled.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter

Oh shidd, Calli and Azki test/prototype concert(?) in HoloEarth.

Gintoki

White Yaksha
Early Adopter
I'm a little upset with myself for not noticing this right away, but one of the submissions featured in Mumei and Bae's letters to Santa stream had a secret message. Try to see if you can decode it yourself!
1671503199664749.png
mating press.png
MATING PRESS:chaos:

gnz

As your attorney, I advise you..

JellyKusa

Early Adopter
Today on kronies are retarded, we have discord fags making a memorial for kronii's dead cat
(Archive)
View attachment 8428 View attachment 8429

View attachment 8430 View attachment 8431

This is why they should castrate every discord Yamanba

call me retarded, but where is the issue? There is no sperg-out, I dont see any retarded enforcing of rules, just a bunch of people doing something nice for their Oshi?
Did that kitten not live long enough to deserve mourning?
This is cute and I suspect that you are the retard for interpreting something so innocent that doesn't hurt anyone as retarded

MornLurker

Asylum's lurker
Early Adopter
MV for the first holo27 original song with Shion and La+
Kanauru apparently directed the whole MV

Harrow Prime

Among Other Names.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband
call me retarded, but where is the issue? There is no sperg-out, I dont see any retarded enforcing of rules, just a bunch of people doing something nice for their Oshi?
This is cute and I suspect that you are the retard for interpreting something so innocent that doesn't hurt anyone as retarded
There is good intent behind it, I'm sure, but odds are the last thing she wants is to be reminded of her cat after she just got done mourning it. If she sees that after coming back it probably won't make her feel better.

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
See
Because I'm sure Kronii wants this to pop up on her timeline while she's trying to cope with the loss.
And
There is good intent behind it, I'm sure, but odds are the last thing she wants is to be reminded of her cat after she just got done mourning it. If she sees that after coming back it probably won't make her feel better.
AND
THIS.png

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter

:cursedbae::cursedbae::cursedbae:
Someone alluded to Rekieta in Airi's stream while she was talking about lawyers. Those chats show up in the video recording of the chat but not in the chat replay.

Time to fire up the rrats! Is it Youtube? Phase? Did this guy sperg out in chat later and get banned (does youtube retroactively delete chats of banned users)? Has Sakana banned even mentioning Rekieta in chat?
Just changing your youtube handle - but still using the same account - deletes your chat messages.

Kourai

Not pictured: the will to live
Early Adopter
Archivist
Timeline and the wording of the public announcement

In Fulgur's statement he says that they knew it was coming but didn't know when.
23 Nov - Yugo streams before going on break and pins a tweet saying he's taking the week off.
1 Dec - Yugo's last tweet. Synchronised sad-posting occurs some hours later.
5 Dec - Xsoliel teaser
10 Dec - Xsoliel debut
14 Dec - Public announcement of Yugo's graduation, nearly two weeks and a wave debut after Sad Day.

I think Yugo assumed he would be back as late as 23 Nov, and 1 Dec was the final decision and internal announcement. Is there anything special about those dates? 27 Feb, three months after, is Noctyx's anniversary. I don't know the usual timing of corpo contract renewals; is it possible that their contracts were up for review and Anycolor opted not to renew Yugo? That would explain why Anycolor didn't call it a termination. Not having a grace period for Yugo's content is weird optics; even Rushia had one. But I would not put it past Yugo to ask for his content to be nuked.

Edit: Dates edited.

What did Yugo do?

>Vesper gets two weeks suspension
>Takeshi Nofriendsjin can't handle red-blooded Americans and suspended Vesper because he bypassed their autism and hurt their fee-fees REEEE
>Yugo gets yeeted
>I don't know what she did but she obviously deserved it

Note, I am strawmanning. Both discussions here have had more nuance than above, and I am glad for that. Nor do I think any one person holds both of the views above, especially not in this strawman form. My point is - even if I didn't agree, I find it odd that more people went to bat for Vesper.

That aside:

Yugo doesn't have the greatest track record if we're being honest. Early on he was put on hiatus because the JP audience got mad at him, he leaked some discord messages between him and management, he had that drunk stream that had to be taken down, and just a bunch more. Never thought it would lead to this though...
Is this the Discord leak? Posting here as I couldn't find it here or in the homeland.
1671532223040.png

I can't read Japanese, but supposedly the part of the staff message visible on screen is "I couldn't wait for you to make a schedule any more so I made one for you". If accurate, that's not great, though I'll grant that Yugo might have started it. If not accurate - being bad at OBS isn't a demerit unless there are other problems.

The general gist of those posts fits the category of "yeah in hindsight they may be right but I didn't think it was that bad at the time." Doxx site autists tend to overreact to everything but sometimes where there is smoke there's actually a fire. I think they are definitely exaggerating Yugo's on-stream difficulties (and some of the stuff they are bringing up were jokes) but getting at a part of his personality that would have made things difficult off-stream. Some of the complaints are dumb, though, like the male-female stuff (does anyone think Finana cares about being called a bitch lol?) So yeah, pretty nit-picky and exaggerated, not entirely true, but not totally false either.

I was never a Yugo watcher and only really saw him in collabs. I didn't dislike Yugo either, but I did find it sometimes hard to tell when he was seriously angry about shit or just putting on an act. I just kinda chocked that up to my own inability to read social cues for ESL speakers but in hindsight he probably was pretty angry whenever something didn't go his way. Frankly Yugo did come off as a bit immature when it comes to language. I guess his background left him in a fairly awkward situation in which he can speak English, Japanese, and (at least some) Thai, but isn't great in any of them. Some people would see this as a blessing - he could easily bring both his Japanese and English to native levels if he tried - but I guess he didn't If he approached English or Japanese with more diligence he'd probably be fine. But he didn't seem to want to take the time to understand things, and the result is that sometimes it felt like he had a harder time grasping stuff in English than someone like, say, Pikamee or Meloco (based on her few streams).

I think the poster in this pic is pretty accurate:
View attachment 8045

It was clear to me even as a non-Japanese speaker that Yugo's Japanese is also very limited and forceful. Considering how obsessed Japanese people are with decorum, I'm not surprised that upset some people. Some livers like Nagao (who likes energetic people) and Oliver (who is familiar with gaijin) but others would definitely be put off by his behavior. I can see why JP livers and fans are much more open to people like Shu, Elira, Petra, Sonny, even Alban, etc who are far more polite and understanding of social queues. Also, this just reminds me of that one stream in which Shu flexed hard on Yugo's Japanese skills.

Even in English Yugo could come off as a bit rude to other livers. It did feel like he needed to be around some of the people who "got" him (mainly Fulgur or Sonny) to be able to interact with others. That's not ideal in a vtuber. I don't wanna LARP as a doctor but it wouldn't surprise me at all if Yugo is actually autistic.

Meloco is an interesting comparison to Yugo because she's pretty obviously a similar liver in many regards but has been much better received (of course, it's only been a few days) by JP fans. Meloco actually understands Japanese fully and seems like she's more genuine about learning English, which is why I said earlier that unless Yugo changed overnight they aren't the same person (that and they don't sound alike lol).

I'm one of the resident Nijifags so I'm not gonna be like "oh yeah I'm nothing happy Yugo is gone!" But I think it is telling that my general reaction to the news was "well, at least that's over," whereas if it was most other livers I'd be genuinely sad. I don't really think Yugo fit in all that well, and it is probably for the best for all parties that he moved on.

Thanks for the insight. I also assumed Yugo was a native Japanese speaker and also only knew about the earthquake stream and the drinking arc, drama-wise. The thing is, we're looking at these complaints while actively looking for a reason why Anycolor would let Yugo go. If not for that, I would have dismissed the whole thing out of hand as Pink Woman Bad or Sins of Nina Kosaka-tier rantings.

Viewers are free to decide for themselves what level of banter or genuine rudeness makes a stream uncomfortable to watch. But the question is whether Yugo genuinely offended any of the other livers, or whether the dox site autists are getting offended on their behalf. Even then, there are >150 livers and Yugo could (should?) have stuck to those who could handle his autism. If Yugo was stubborn with the staff off-stream? Then we're getting somewhere. No public bonks up to this point though.

Misc

Fulgur says that Noctyx were "given other options" but "[we] could not see ourselves as anything other than members of Nijisanji's Wave 5 Noctyx". What could those other options be?

Thanks for the reply. I was honestly under the impression Yugo was native Japanese speaker before reading that compilation of complaints. I don't think I saw much of him speaking a lot of Japanese before that clip you posted, but yeah, it sounds pretty odd.

If Yugo did have a temper issue, I am guessing a lot of it was happening behind the scenes. I just felt like I never really read much about issue with him except the earthquake thing and the drunken menhera episode he had. I am guessing AnyColor asked him to be more humble and chill out or leave, and he couldn't change his ways.

Though, if his JP sucked, his English sucked, and his Thai sucked, what is his native language? And that rrat that he is Meloco is absurd lol.
Yugo also spoke Korean, although I wouldn't be surprised if his Korean was also mid.

Yugo aside - I remember during the HoloX debut liveposting someone commented that Lui didn't sound like a native speaker to them. I didn't think much of it, and I can't judge for myself. But between your comment and her odd handwriting (which no one comments on because Sakamata's meme-tier glyphs are infinitely worse), I wonder if she had to relearn Japanese at some point.

There seems to be also a controversy about Meloco after this stream, as some Shirahari Uni fans didn't like the coombaiting and the way she is now talking (if we consider that she was really Uni). The turning point is going to be friday for her karaoke stream, in which we are supposed to be sure it's her or not.
Some Uni karaoke reference :

the best Xsoleil member is doing a karaoke. first time watching her after debut

So is Meloco Shirahari Uni?

Gwelu released a cover song of a 2ch shitpost called 'I'm thinking of confessing to Pekora' in which he states his intentions to confess to her through a superchat when he gets paid, and the rest of the thread might be surprised by the results because she's never been with a man before.

This was privated for some reason.

Speaking of Mario Kart, I'm willing to put down $100 on Choco coming in dead last again.
Laplus was the only one who could give her competition.

Management could not withstand the combined hag power of Lui and mama hawk. Sad.

Last edited:

kushami tasukaru

Early Adopter
Apparently Lamy's sake is actually pretty good:

Good on her but I wonder since the comment section mentions they awarded 11 golds, 49 silvers, 46 bronzes, and 76 lower commendations for that category. Is this something that's common with alcoholic drink awards since it's kinda similar to some whisky awards (some ALDI whisky got gold but the taste is kinda average, real value for money though).
First birthday goods from Sony's Vee branch
Just a tapestry and an acrylic stand

I remember her, make sure to be the first 20k buyer. Also thinking of it, Tulsi read from right to left is "I slut".

Today's hag bistro will entertain the sheep

Watched Onolumi's Warcraft II stream yesterday and her reading the instruction manual and the lore reminds me of the days when Blizzard is much more likeable. It's RTS so I hope the chat won't be too autistic since it's not Starcraft.

Clown Penis

Dizzy "Elf Pride Worldwide" Dokuro
Early Adopter
What did Yugo do?

>Vesper gets two weeks suspension
>Takeshi Nofriendsjin can't handle red-blooded Americans and suspended Vesper because he bypassed their autism and hurt their fee-fees REEEE
>Yugo gets yeeted
>I don't know what she did but she obviously deserved it

Note, I am strawmanning. Both discussions here have had more nuance than above, and I am glad for that. Nor do I think any one person holds both of the views above, especially not in this strawman form. But even if I didn't agree, I find it odd that more people went to bat for Vesper.
Strawman or not..

Why are you surprised few here are going to bat for a mentally ill woman who wants to LARP as a "man" and is so devoted to that cancerAIDS brain rot that she malded at Papers, Please. I don't see a lot of comments out there about how Yugo is entertaining or anything. What is there, seems reminiscent of commentary regarding the behavior(s) and such of the typical globohomo-pozzed leftist lolcow.

Non-binary/genderfluid. lmao

Vespear is actually likable. The memes about his conquests are funny. He's a bro. Also doesn't use pronouns and gender special fag shit. You know, the red flags for immediately disregarding anything a person says or thinks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom