"I can talk in real life, but I'm a commie on the internet, Utatane nasa: ......"Utatane Nasa

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LurkerD

The lurker formally known as Drax
While I agree with some of what you mentioned, I disagree with most of it. I'm also someone who isn't fond of her decision to join Vshojo. That said, some stuff is just factually wrong.

kson, very publicly, still does have a manager. And she had one even prior to joining Vshojo. Who even has their own Twitter.

While it may be true that the larger companies were going to expand into English territories eventually, for Hololive she definitely sped up that process. Causing Hololive to debut their official English branch nearly 9 months prior to Nijisanji.

As far as being thinned skinned. Maybe in the grand scheme of things. But not at all compared to other vtubers. I don't think anyone could have taken the amount of shit she has, and not gone completely dark. Haachama was fairly glossed over and Coco took the brunt of the hate.

Less public support, the only thing I'll mention is she spent 10 hours spread over the past few days unwrapping viewer gifts. I think she's fine.

There is a difference between has a manager and has a manager that actually has the power to put you in time out and stop you from making an ass of your self. I obviously don't know this, but i would be surprised if her manager does anything more than help schedule collabs, get game permits, and help handle merch stuff.

Except that without the breakout success of Myth, NijiEn might have taken longer then 9 months to materialize. I credit the vast amount of clippers and translators (and the extremely clip able moments the Holomembers created) for the growing EN interest in Hololive, the EN interest in hololive translated to Cover pursuing the EN market faster than NIjisanji, the success of Myth led to the explosion of EN vtubers and Corps thinking the market was going to translate into immediate profits. Coco gets some credit in all this, but many EN vtubers and fans mention there first exposure to Hololive/Vtubing to being Fubuki/Miko/Korone/Pekora/etc.

I admit she took the Antis a lot better than most would have, but given her attitude at other times I have to wonder how much of that was her being thick skinned and how much was management suppressing her. Rrat time, but maybe she was taking it a lot worse behind the scenes and that is why EN management blocked her collabs with Myth.

As for public support, i didn't say she lost all her fans. I said she has less public support, people who were fans of vtubing use to rush to defend her even if she wasn't their oshi or even if they barely watched her, that doesn't happen any more.

Last edited:

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter

Scuddle

Pope of にじさんじ
Re: Meloco/Uni voice differences.

I'm someone considered to have a Golden Ear for this kind of stuff, but it's offset by the fact that I'm also a retard. Still, after listening to as many Uni clips as I can, and having watched all of Meloco's streams so far, here's what I think:

For Meloco, I think her English voice is swinging lower than what I would imagine her base is, whereas I can hear the nasally head voice she's using as Uni to swing higher and sound cuter (it's similar to what Towa does). I imagine her 'real' voice is somewhere in the middle. There are occasions in her 2.0 stream where she starts talking and talking and her pitch starts to reach what I think is her natural speaking voice, but it's not as high as Uni.

For her Japanese, it's the same thing,. We need to keep in mind that going from a cutesy hedgehog girl with a large Hololive fan base calling her Fubuki's sister to a sadistic onee-san design is a drastic shift, and carries with it different expectations of what she should sound like in that model.

I think it's fine to say that she's not using her 'real' voice but that's not uncommon and also doesn't mean that Uni was her real voice either. She doesn't seem to coomerbait at all, but I definitely believe she wants to lean into the onee-san vibe and that's...fine. She has the voice for it.

Empty_Inbox

🏆 Thread Recap links are in my Profile Posts
Early Adopter
Deranged Archivist
...Man, when you like a hobby, you don't have to like all of the hobby. Ain't nobody got time for that and also touching grass, or even just eating and sleeping. It's fine to just observe that which is easiest for you to observe and not feel guilty about that.
I don't feel guilty at all! The way I feel is like... You know, gratitude towards other humans. Because I will tell my friends about why Kson joining VShoujo was such a big deal, and they don't know jack. But they will tell me about stuff I have no idea about too. It's like a division of labor, but instead of aquiring a specific set of skills it is about finding fun in different ways and sharing with others. I know, it is a very basic idea, but putting it in a perspective of national levels just makes me feel like maybe I'm missing out on some fun by not getting more friends from completely different places.

...As far as being thinned skinned. Maybe in the grand scheme of things. But not at all compared to other vtubers. I don't think anyone could have taken the amount of shit she has, and not gone completely dark. Haachama was fairly glossed over and Coco took the brunt of the hate...
She is an amazingly resilient person, those month of constant harassment and she was still streaming while chat was at war with each other and bots. Not to mention she joined Hololive after seeing Akai Haato's stream:

EDIT: Axel and RPR are again at it with Apex Legends

Kourai

Not pictured: the will to live
Early Adopter
Archivist
Koyori endurance for 777,777. She likes endurance karaokes a little too much lol.

Almost eight hours in. Kanata and then Suisei dropped in at Koyori's place and are singing duets.

Tyrvalla

Early Adopter
I admit she took the Antis a lot better than most would have, but given her attitude at other times I have to wonder how much of that was her being thick skinned and how much was management suppressing her. Rrat time, but maybe she was taking it a lot worse behind the scenes and that is why EN management blocked her collabs with Myth.

As thick skinned as she is, she's lucky there's Kanata by her side.

Don't really know the context of the video, but most people at that time would say the attacks from antis on all fronts really can make someone suddenly burst into tears.

Edit: From the comment of the video, she burst into tears because she can't open her chat for everyone (members-only), since during this time the anti spambot is rolling in full force.

AyoTempus

DoctorGladiatorAssassinHeroLobsterTempuraEater
Early Adopter
Vesper almost got fired for calling his manager a zipperheaded squinty eyed gook and then impregnating Ina so he bought a spear, buried some rice in a field and went to Japan where he kept his job.
We've already been through this you Nomura haired ape, Vesper gave his first born child to Fauna not Ina. I have all the evidence to prove it.

Also Vesper went camping with Kronii not Fauna or Ina, where he protected his side piece with his spear and showed Kronii how to use a shovel to go to the bathroom.

The rice thing is also actually a true thing and is not a shitpost.

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
We've already been through this you Nomura haired ape, Vesper gave his first born child to Fauna not Ina.

Wow, Fauna is Axel's mother? I wonder how Eddie feels about this.

AyoTempus

DoctorGladiatorAssassinHeroLobsterTempuraEater
Early Adopter
Wow, Fauna is Axel's mother? I wonder how Eddie feels about this.
No you misunderstand. Axel is adopted by Vesper back when he was still a true wizard and hadn't laid with the opposite sex, very sad story honestly why Axel needed to be adopted. You see his true mother and father are- [REDACTED BY YAGOO]

Clown Penis

Dizzy "Elf Pride Worldwide" Dokuro
Early Adopter
Thoughts?:

No Sleepy, so close to getting it.

9/10.

I genuinely hope the greater video I assume this is from will feature a bit with Kirsche just her going on tangents with Pippa while Sleepy carries. lmao

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
My Pink Women in Christ, I'm colorblind and even I can tell the Spiderman on the left has more vivid/saturated red, and the one on the right looks kinda washed out.
Anyways, if anyone was gonna get Pippa into that Hololive collab, it'd be Mori.
To be fair, Pippa has mentioned having fucked up eyes as she had an eye astigmatism and needs glasses or she's blind. That and her eyes are constantly in pain from her allergy to air or whatever, so maybe she has worse eyesight than any of us thought, poor girl.

:pippasadl:

Just pretending

The Great Bald Rrat
Early Adopter

Calli's physician supposedly told her she's excercising too much. Uh, I mean yeah, sure, Calli, but please take your meds, you're hallucinating.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter

Calli's physician supposedly told her she's excercising too much. Uh, I mean yeah, sure, Calli, but please take your meds, you're hallucinating.

Never skips leg day, always skips core day.

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY

Spergatory

Early Adopter

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter

Godzilla1984

Early Adopter

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
Looks like Mori is sticking around.

They either have horrible monitors or horrible eyes, colorblindness is pretty rare in women though. Could also be something like f.lux, but if you're doing any comparisons or, well, anything where color is important, turn it off, sheesh.
Also, the original tweet is horrifically wrong; the one on the left ('orange') looks so much better than the one on the right ('pink').

Charlemagne

The Eternal Lurker

Dr. Lolime continues her grind of the FNAF games, is now on number 3 after finishing 2 yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom