"I'm fine! I'm not fine! Fuck you!"Sakamata Chloe
  • ~1 Week Remains: Local fans of a certain pink lagomorph mold golem are attempting to finalize an anniversary project for her. Last call for contributers & artists, etc. No yabbits allowed.
  • !!!!READ THIS NOW!!!!

What is hopefully the final server backup has been implemented. I am now starting the closure process of this forum. Main boards will now be locked. The Proctor's Office will remain up solely for technical feedback. Go to the new site in order to post. Barring catastrophic problems, this cloud-based version will close on the 9th of July.
  • IMPORTANT: Users from Russia may need a VPN to access the new server. I need more data to diagnose this problem. Contact me here or on Discord if you have been blocked, so I can tell you what you need to do.

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

God's Strongest Dragoon

:incoming::incoming::incoming::incoming:not that much autism though
Since the phase clipping contest is about to end, I'd like to share my findings on the current phase clipping economy. The short version is that it's taking off but it's lacking in variety.
There's currently around 23 channels who clip phase constantly each week and some other smaller channels pop up once in a while but nothing to write home about. My main focus instead of volume of clips was to look into which talents are getting clipped and shit is rough for some of the girls. I didn't go full autism, this was just me using my noticing powers. To make this easier to read and funnier to me I placed every girl into categories.

Clips for days
  • Lia
  • Tenma
  • Pippa
Gets clipped regularly
  • Lumi
  • Shiina
  • Clara
Only gets clipped because an autist adopted her
  • Remi
  • Airi
  • Runie
  • Panko
  • Ember
  • Dizzy
  • Hina
  • Yuu
Might get clipped once in a blue moon
  • Nasa
  • Michiru
  • Erina
  • Rie
  • Jelly
  • Eimi
  • Loki
  • Uruka
Who?
  • Iori
  • Saya
  • Muyu
  • Pico
  • Memory

Like I said this isn't full autism because I didn't spend every week counting exactly how many clips each talent get but you could tell how often they get clipped looking at the tag like I did. I'd hope the clipping contest would increase the amount of dedicated clippers for those girls who don't get much love but it wasn't the case. It did revive some dead channels and some holo/niji clipping channels dipped their toes but they didn't stuck around. In the case of Muyu she has a dedicated clipper from her purin days but the niggér refuses to use the tags. There might be other channels like that but this was just me checking the tag.
If someone wants an easy win for the clipping contest there's the list, if the girl has like 2 clips since the contest began your odds are great :whatastory:
Ember and Jelly both have an editor doing shorts for them. Uruka also has Pebbel, the autist that adopted her.
As someone who uploaded several clips and now calling themselves an expert
There are 2 types of clippers.
1. Someone who watches the person regularly and clip their highlights
2. Someone who looked at the highlight then clips.

In order to get #1 you need the clipper to be truly interested in the content, because it requires them watching the streamer every fucking day. Autist cllipers falls into this category, e.g. soju and the likes and they will only be doing it for their Oshi. No contest or begging will make them move to clip other people.

In order to get #2 you need the community to actually provide highlights, theeeeen maybe someone will pick them up. Clipper will look through the available resources provided by the community to see if something is interesting and clip it.

Someone like Arrow is usually #1, but he does employs the community tag archives alot because he misses streams due to having a life. While he mainly watch biboo nowadays because his oshi Mumei isn't streaming, he will prioritize mumei over biboo.

Most hololive cords have archives and community tag bot for highlights like this, even for the jp chuuba, but it's entirely done by the community. No idea about phase
I don't know what yura and the big japanese > eng clipper uses but probs not the discord one. I myself have been using it.
image.png

Tl;dr if you want your oshi get clipped, make an effort for clipper to easily do it. They won't watch entire streams of someone they don't like, everyday, to look for highlight. Even timestamp on the comment section helps.

And even if all that efforts dont work out just do it yourself.
The phase clipper discord has a bot where they can type a stream url and a phrase and it will spit out the chat logs. So they can just type in a stream url and then "clip" and they'll see all the clip begging that people do.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

closedblas

I'm a little curious, why haven't vtubers (corpos I suppose) tried the 'highlights' thing that a lot of normie/twitch streamers do?
i.e. >10min highlight video of individual streams. It seems like a good idea: would get decent engagement on people who don't have time for vods, get into the recommendation game, and probably easier to edit than the shorts with added effects that some vtubers put out.
Even the ancient let's players seem to have done this for a long time, so I'm wondering why none of the holo/niji/phase streamers do it.
Maybe it's a cost thing? Maybe it doesn't work for youtube any more?

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

UberSoldat

Yuy is also back and can't shut the fuck up

Heard of her via Tenshi (clipper known for mashing Niji and Jerma clips together). Is that sultry voice natural or put on?

Sayu plays Crow Country

Tenma catches up on superchats

Last edited:

God's Strongest Dragoon

I'm a little curious, why haven't vtubers (corpos I suppose) tried the 'highlights' thing that a lot of normie/twitch streamers do?
i.e. >10min highlight video of individual streams. It seems like a good idea: would get decent engagement on people who don't have time for vods, get into the recommendation game, and probably easier to edit than the shorts with added effects that some vtubers put out.
Even the ancient let's players seem to have done this for a long time, so I'm wondering why none of the holo/niji/phase streamers do it.
It takes a lot of time to do a highlight video, assuming you're not just doing low effort mashing together selected highlights of the stream. It also tends to make the video very schizo as it's jumping around and no singular train of thought, just random 30 sec to 1min sections. People usually do shorter clips where they condense like an 1hour of the stream into a 3-6 minute video. The ones with editors might do it but they're usually farming shorts or other short duration clips.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Short clips are more sharable and more easily digestible. If there's a streamer you don't know about, and you want to see what they're about, are you going to watch an entire stream, a half-hour video edit, or a clip that goes for two minutes?

Bronze

VSoyBoy

Edit: I do specifically remember Nene’s sign up page saying “NO latinx”, though.
They also told me that Irys won't be showing her feet at any M&G anymore so you don't have to worry about it.
I try to give you advice to help you meet Nene; bleach your skin, change your name (the 'é' is a dead giveaway), etc. and this lazy joke is how you repay me? Well, I suppose your people are known for their laziness.

Edit: Did I say 'bleach'? I meant 'dye'.

I would say we're having a third civil war in almost as many days, but I don't think "two retards fighting" meets the definition of a war.

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
I would say we're having a third civil war in almost as many days, but I don't think "two retards fighting" meets the definition of a war.
Hey, my advice is real, just hidden behind a layer of humor. Like that Mone guy; he's a known community member, and he won a meet n greet with Nene. This supports my claims.
It's not my fault that everyone who responds to me thinks this forum is Gura's chat.

Euthyphro

Certified Awatistic
:incoming::incoming::incoming::incoming:not that much autism though
Since the phase clipping contest is about to end, I'd like to share my findings on the current phase clipping economy. The short version is that it's taking off but it's lacking in variety.
There's currently around 23 channels who clip phase constantly each week and some other smaller channels pop up once in a while but nothing to write home about. My main focus instead of volume of clips was to look into which talents are getting clipped and shit is rough for some of the girls. I didn't go full autism, this was just me using my noticing powers. To make this easier to read and funnier to me I placed every girl into categories.

Clips for days
  • Lia
  • Tenma
  • Pippa
Gets clipped regularly
  • Lumi
  • Shiina
  • Clara
Only gets clipped because an autist adopted her
  • Remi
  • Airi
  • Runie
  • Panko
  • Ember
  • Dizzy
  • Hina
  • Yuu
Might get clipped once in a blue moon
  • Nasa
  • Michiru
  • Erina
  • Rie
  • Jelly
  • Eimi
  • Loki
  • Uruka
Who?
  • Iori
  • Saya
  • Muyu
  • Pico
  • Memory

Like I said this isn't full autism because I didn't spend every week counting exactly how many clips each talent get but you could tell how often they get clipped looking at the tag like I did. I'd hope the clipping contest would increase the amount of dedicated clippers for those girls who don't get much love but it wasn't the case. It did revive some dead channels and some holo/niji clipping channels dipped their toes but they didn't stuck around. In the case of Muyu she has a dedicated clipper from her purin days but the niggér refuses to use the tags. There might be other channels like that but this was just me checking the tag.
If someone wants an easy win for the clipping contest there's the list, if the girl has like 2 clips since the contest began your odds are great :whatastory:
I would agree mostly, though I would say Phase is still over-clipped relative to the rest of the small corpo sphere. I think LEC shitting out clips everyday has kind of skewed general expectations of what a healthy clipping scene looks like for Phase's weight class.

For example, I struggle to find Roca clips outside of karaoke, and she's the heavy-hitter in her gen. I can barely find anyone clipping Spectra and the V&U girls too. V4Mirai has been killing it recently, but clipping is sporadic at best, which is surprising considering they have Brave Group behind them. Even then, the clips I see are often coming from people who clip small corpo girls generally, and not some really dedicated autists.

In short, Phase has it pretty good as far as clippers go, and other corpo girls need more love. :pomuLove:

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
Compilations/montages etc. aren't anywhere near as search and/or recommendation friendly as shorter clips. Short-form clips with self-explanatory titles and thumbnails do well because the lead -> clickthrough -> watch cycle moves quickly, and they appeal to multiple demographics: randos looking for funny clips, old fans wanting to rewatch their favourite moments and/or share them with friends, and new fans who want to catch up on things they weren't around for at the time. All of these demographics can then get pulled into the rabbit hole from other clips being spoonfed to them in the sidebar.

Longer compilations on the other hand are much more time-consuming (and therefore expensive, if you're hiring editors) to produce, and only really serve a smaller audience. They're not as digestible as short-form clips so people are less likely to spend an evening binging them, and elaborate editing makes them less appealing as "background noise" content than the full stream vod.

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
fauna organized a half anniversary for promise.

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population

Allow me to take this moment to get a little sappy
Honestly it's been real fun shilling my Oshi every day I only wish I had the skills to do something special for my anniversary on June 2nd. I managed to put out at least 1 clip every day for coming up on a full year. That's crazy I never imagined I would get more than 100 subs let alone 2.2K, And I owe it a lot to you guys for helping push me in the algo when i shill here so thanks for making this worthwhile. Every comment I get saying they found Airi through me is fuel for me to keep going

PONWOLF LOVE
That said there are a few other Airi clippers who deserve recognition too

Also honorable mention to Xanthopathy who is always on top of archiving a dead Airi vod and is my go to for clipping content

Jokes aside, congrats nigga. Without you and hag enthusiast the girl might fall through the cracks hard.
Ember and Jelly both have an editor doing shorts for them.
their output is very sporadic and I don't count it when the talent commissions it.
Uruka also has Pebbel, the autist that adopted her.
Yeah he adopted her but that nigga is like a black parent, he walks out then comes back, outside of him she doesn't really get clipped.
Maybe it's a cost thing?
cost/benefit basically. I don't have the data but I'm 90% sure that all those highlights are a monetary loss, the only gain is viewership for sponsorships and drive traffic to their streams. It might generate profit if your editor is some pajeet in a shithole splicing things together using a highlight reel made by your community, otherwise anything with more editing than copy paste is already in the red.

God's Strongest Dragoon

I would agree mostly, though I would say Phase is still over-clipped relative to the rest of the small corpo sphere. I think LEC shitting out clips everyday has kind of skewed general expectations of what a healthy clipping scene looks like for Phase's weight class.

For example, I struggle to find Roca clips outside of karaoke, and she's the heavy-hitter in her gen. I can barely find anyone clipping Spectra and the V&U girls too. V4Mirai has been killing it recently, but clipping is sporadic at best, which is surprising considering they have Brave Group behind them. Even then, the clips I see are often coming from people who clip small corpo girls generally, and not some really dedicated autists.

In short, Phase has it pretty good as far as clippers go, and other corpo girls need more love. :pomuLove:
Idol and other other small corps don't have a carry as significant as Phase does. Pippa may have less than half the subs of Rin but Pippa often gets more than 2 or 3 times the average CCV as Rin. This is because Rin's subs are mostly from shorts farming and we've already discussed at length how difficult it is to turn shorts watchers into consumers of clips and streams. The thing with carries is that their huge fanbases will watch adjacent content sometimes, especially if you often include their oshi. So if you put out some clips with the carries like Pippa and Tenma, those clips are more likely to get views, which helps your channel grow and do better in the algorithm for your clips of the other talents.

So while Phase Gen 3 may have had similar debut sub counts to V4Mirai's Gen 3 sub counts, Phase Gen 3 clips had an easier time gaining traction due to Phase's inherently large fanbases elsewhere. For example, I made an Eimi clip back in January (within 1 month of them debuting) and it has 50k+ views because the topic included Sakana and any clip that includes Sakana gets tons of views. I have ~1 million views on my channel and more than half those views are from clips with Sakana in the title and thumbnail. Sakana is actually the biggest carry, as he's the biggest view generator for Phase because viewers know they're going to see Sakana triggering the fuck out of the girls or getting yelled at by the girls. I've brought this up to other Phase Clippers and they've all noticed that Sakana automatically makes your video get tons of clicks/views.

Last edited:

Just pretending

The Great Bald Rrat
Early Adopter
What the fuck Uruka
..Junji Ito's Uruka?
Listen, the horrific truth has always been hiding in the plain sight:
>Uruka has hundreds, if not thousands of cubs.
>But she's a femcel, probably a lesbian.
>How can she has so many cubs then?
>It's because she's reproducing by growing miniurukas on her body.
>When they reach a certain age, they're torn off and continue living separately as her 'cubs'.
:cursedhaachama:

Willemshaven

Outlasted the Chinese Community Sinicization Group

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
Honestly, not that far off. The funniest thing that has happened since the whole Gaza thing started is that I've seen woke types make edgy Holocaust jokes. Some are doing that whole "anti-Zionist, not anti-Semite" thing, but joking about stuff like the Israeli lobby in US Congress or Jewish control of businesses is fair game now, when it was cancellable before. They might actually stick around to watch Pippa.
Nurture them for a month, then do a collab marathon with Kattarina to filter the lot and get some spergouts in the process.

frz

I bet you didn't know some of the hololive do this, include a certain scissor girls who this entire fucking forum changed their avatar into and forgo her existence few months in. Oh nvm joined mar 2024.
Issue 1. People who views those video dont open the streams
Issue 2. You basically have clippers who do it for free why pay people to do it
Issue 3. It's a relics of ancient time, even you acknowledges this. YT algorithm push 30-40 minutes+ video for years now, that's why everyone and their mother does podcast.
Issue 4. It's easy to build a FPS kill highlight montage, not a just chatting montage. You have to pay more to editors or they will easily runs into "motivational issue"
Issue 5. It buries down the video you'd actually want people to see like the music covers.
My favorite is issue #5. Roberu tried streaming on twitch and uploading vods on youtube, realizes those videos are flooding his neat video pages, decided to never stream on twitch again. :smugpipi:. Fun fact roberu also did a highlights thing, 5 total videos on his page, very little to no view, and then gave it up after those 5. They were pretty recent too.

Last edited:

bothyourhouses

if you really wanted to anti someone, you could buy out their entire meet and greet session posing as a huge fan, and force them to sit through an hour of the most insufferably awkward small-talk you can force.
a) based b) this would be different from what meeting an actual superfan is like how?
Cover doing some anti-defamation nonsense with Anykuro again, I seriously wonder if any of this actually does anything at all or if it's just PR bullshit, probably the latter.
Gives them a place to petition the Japanese government from is probably the main advantage. They've recently revised the slander laws.

Top Bottom