"I'm not immune to corruption"Pipkin Pippa

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
My favorite country: Nígger

this is supposedly the video that made michealgatto want to commit sewer slide

:whatastory:

C'mon, make a follow-up where the cat tries hanging itself.

ETA for /vt/ anons, twitter and nyfco schizos posting creepshots of all staff who enter the LA COVER building?
In fairness this is a concern for anywhere that anonymous talents may visit irl, but I'd like to think they're smart enough not to acknowledge their trips beforehand. It's having random schizos screaming at the receptionist or the cleaner because their oshi had a male collab that's the more likely problem.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter

C'mon, make a follow-up where the cat tries hanging itself.

In fairness this is a concern for anywhere that anonymous talents may visit irl, but I'd like to think they're smart enough not to acknowledge their trips beforehand. It's having random schizos screaming at the receptionist or the cleaner because their oshi had a male collab that's the more likely problem.

This is the likely answer but im looking forward to the shitposts like someone saying a random black guy is Vesper or calling all fat women who enter Mori

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
On the other hand I don't think there's much chance they'd be setting up shop in, say, Bakersfield - it's gonna be somewhere in greater LA or SF most likely.
LA makes zero sense, but any other port city will do.

La+ de Central Norte

General of the second army commanded by Gozaru
This is the likely answer but im looking forward to the shitposts like someone saying a random black guy is Vesper or calling all fat women who enter Mori
Cant they have a public person that represents the whole US staff?

kingcaid

DenpaFish, khubie, and grimmi are yapping but will allegedly be playing jong.

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
...it'd probably be a not-entirely-terrible security measure on the lead-up to events to hire random people to enter the building, sit in an office and read the paper or something for a while, then leave. Intentionally muddy the waters a bit.

okmangeez

To those wondering about why California... I understand your sentiments, as I'm Californian myself.

But it just makes sense logistically and financially:

-California is home to Silicon Valley and Hollywood. Regarding tech and entertainment, there is no better place to go within the US. This will also let them hire from among the best of the best (staff), as Hololive is technically both an entertainment company and a tech company.
-California is home to the biggest shipping port in the US, LA. Logistically speaking, if they want to curtail shipping costs, it would make sense to set up shop in LA (presumably where they're establishing a base).
-Distance-wise, California is the closest state to Japan other than Alaska or Hawaii
-California is home to some of the largest metro areas/cities in the US (LA, San Diego, San Jose, San Francisco, Oakland, Fresno, etc.)
-California probably has the largest concentration of weebs/vtubers in the US
-It's not too far from British Colombia, which is where are lot of Canadian vtubers are located
-Most populous US state
-Close to Mexico if they ever attempt a Spanish branch (and California has plenty of Spanish speakers)

We can only hope they vet their staff properly, but I have faith in Hololive (due to its track record).
LA makes zero sense, but any other port city will do.

Basically, I listed out all the reasons why LA would be most suitable.

LA is THE shipping capital of the US (I'm not sure if even my fellow Americans understand this). Most of our trade with Asia flows through LA.

Since Hololive wants to reduce shipping costs and probably wants to have a central hub for merch shipping within the US, there is literally no better place than LA in the US (biggest port, huge metro area, infrastructure already exists, Pacific side, less travel from Japan to US compared to other locations etc.)

Not to mention, their proposed building is two streets from the Japanese Consulate. I would assume that also played a role in their decision.

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter

LA is THE shipping capital of the US (I'm not sure if even my fellow Americans understand this). Most of our trade with Asia flows through LA.

Since Hololive wants to reduce shipping costs and probably wants to have a central hub for merch shipping within the US, there is literally no better place than LA in the US (biggest port, huge metro area, infrastructure already exists, Pacific side, less travel from Japan to US compared to other locations etc.)

Not to mention, their proposed building is two streets from the Japanese Consulate. I would assume that also played a role in their decision.
The GDP of California also moggs the rest of the other states as well as most countries in the world

okmangeez

The GDP of California also moggs the rest of the other states as well as most countries in the world

The LA metro area has a bigger GDP than most states (I think 40 out of 50).
There's no contest when it comes to financial power (except NYC), ease of trade/shipping, concentration of population (and weebs/vtubers), etc.

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy

I was not aware that LA is the main trading hub in addition to being entertainment capital. Are benefits really outweight high rent etc compared to SD/SF?

Punished Lurker

I just finished rewatching Aia's latest membership stream, it breaks my heart to see how everything that has been going on has affected her, especially because it seems like she had nothing to do with it in the first place. The first part is normal enough but on the second one she starts to vent and talk about how the whole thing has affected her, basically having a peak sad woman moment
- She says she's running out of "It is what it is", and that it's been a tough time lately in general
- Some dumbass incapable of reading the room almost started shit with a members message, Aia gave her best professional response saying to not do that on her channel or bring other people in it (which IMO was a great way to handle things compared to the way other Livers have acted before)
- She feels bad for feeling bad about things because she has a nice and loving community, her manager checks up on her constantly, and is really looking forward to her projects
- Says this situation is unprecedented for her and has no manual or way of knowing how to handle this sort of situation
- Says she's been trying to physically force herself to be happy, starts to cry, downplays it by trying to be funny
- Tries her hardest to keep her shit together, apologises, doesn't want to turn memberships into a place to complain but she's just been going through it lately
- She hasn't told her mother and father how bad it's gotten (they don't understand the internet) so she sometimes has to lock herself in her room so they don't hear her crying
- Apologises again because she doesn't want her memberships to be like this, basically she swings between saying the saddest shit and trying to be happy for chat, it really hurts to see her like this :(
- She's trying her best to be strong
- apologises to newcomers because there's a lot of new people, says memberships are usually not like this
- Mentioned that one time Suisei allowed her oldest viewers to mod and thinks that was based, says she hasn't had the need to do that, and that she has silent mods

On a positive note her community was very supportive through the entire stream and she received many kind words. I really hope everything goes well for her and her projects, she seems like a really sweet girl :inatiredl:

okmangeez

I was not aware that LA is the main trading hub in addition to being entertainment capital. Are benefits really outweight high rent etc compared to SD/SF?

SD's port is considerably smaller and is mostly used as a naval/marine base.

SF is much more concentrated and smaller, and the main port in Northern California is in Oakland. But IIRC, Oakland's port has had problems recently due to unions and strikes.

In every metric, LA outweighs anything else on the West Coast. Seattle has a case, but it's a much smaller metro area with none of the benefits mentioned for LA above (except maybe a bit cheaper).

Edit: I just double-checked. LA has an annual container volume of 178 million metric revenue tons. Right next to LA, Long Beach is the second biggest, with 79 million metric tons. Seattle-Tacoma is 26 million metric tons. San Diego is only a small FRACTION with about 3 million metric tons. Oakland is 3.4 million metric tons.

LA mogs every other port combined. It accounts for 20% of all shipping flowing into the US internationally, mostly from Asia of course.

Last edited:

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
While I applaud Cover for finally acknowledging the need to host an international operations office, I know deep within my heart that they are a japanese company, and every time the US branch will need to change a bulb on the bathrooms or sharpen a pencil they will also need to notify mr Ishida, mr Takeshi, mr Planner of Meetings, hold a meeting, and then come to a decision a week later.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
While I applaud Cover for finally acknowledging the need to host an international operations office, I know deep within my heart that they are a japanese company, and every time the US branch will need to change a bulb on the bathrooms or sharpen a pencil they will also need to notify mr Ishida, mr Takeshi, mr Planner of Meetings, hold a meeting, and then come to a decision a week later.
Hey man, as long as those managers arent hired for only part time it cant get any worse

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO
Hey man, as long as those managers arent hired for only part time it cant get any worse
I dont understand all of the doomposting or high expectations when they didnt ever hire one single person for the Branch

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter

okmangeez

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
...it'd probably be a not-entirely-terrible security measure on the lead-up to events to hire random people to enter the building, sit in an office and read the paper or something for a while, then leave. Intentionally muddy the waters a bit.

I can't wait until some fucking lardass starts sperging on twitter about some shit and then the next day has a total meltdown because she was Calli's body-fake stand-in for Cover NA and she got fired for having retard takes.

Xuhle

Top Bottom