"Why do they all look black?!"Chikafuji Lisa
  • ~1 Week Remains: Local fans of a certain pink lagomorph mold golem are attempting to finalize an anniversary project for her. Last call for contributers & artists, etc. No yabbits allowed.
  • !!!!READ THIS NOW!!!!

What is hopefully the final server backup has been implemented. I am now starting the closure process of this forum. Main boards will now be locked. The Proctor's Office will remain up solely for technical feedback. Go to the new site in order to post. Barring catastrophic problems, this cloud-based version will close on the 9th of July.
  • IMPORTANT: Users from Russia may need a VPN to access the new server. I need more data to diagnose this problem. Contact me here or on Discord if you have been blocked, so I can tell you what you need to do.

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

jarpoks

Big Zamn and Mergoob Gundam

New AzKi in her old outfit is:Vesper-SEEEX!:

Unauthorized goob meme

lolwatagain

i imaginr a stripmall office with 3 people

The holo notice he did find a legal document that said it was being built in Cali for a mil dollars.
For a Million Dollars in LA? A strip mall office would be a bargain. A Million Dollars for commercial real estate in LA gets you a hotdog stand in a parking lot that has no bathroom.

Xuhle

For a Million Dollars in LA? A strip mall office would be a bargain. A Million Dollars for commercial real estate in LA gets you a hotdog stand in a parking lot that has no bathroom.
Might be wrong but I do not believe it was in LA on the document.

shipmate_F

menhera addicted sister
Cannot feel anything for Miguelgato newest pity bait, I'll only have a reaction if she does a flip after joining the AV industry.
She still got an audience DESPISE being a liar and manipulative whore.
Still got a great job DESPISE backstabbing her own coworkers and stepping on Yagoo's goodwill.
Had people struggling with it and myself, sincerely we're fine with her staying or leaving.
:mikothumbsl:

hylic

frz

The local Kraut might try to prove me wrong, but in my corner of Europoor, English content is definitely favoured over native stuff unless you are like old 30+ or so
I myself, do not consume any internet content in my native language because that feels cringe (somehow; it just feels wrong, might me just me who feels that way)
So I put a big fat X to doubt that EU favour native-language content over English content
There already is an extensive research on this. Some guy pulled all of twitch chat history and mapped them depending on how many channel shares chatters and basically they are very fragmented and tends to only watch the native speakers. Alledgedly this is updated every month.
Promotional_Illustration-Hololive_Sports_Festival-2023.jpg
Tl;dr Spanish only watches fortnite twitch streamers when it comes to english streamers and mostly stick to watching the natives. Italy & France lives on their own island just like russia and minecraft, german actually is the closest to english speakers.
Any country not named in the picture does not have a twitch presence, maybe they are on Facebook.
Because english-speaking market is much bigger than, say, polish-speaking market. This is why often there's no quality content in EU languages. Going east, RU market is big (well, was big before war, now much smaller), so everyone from ex-USSR does conent in russian (or english again). Same with SEA an China i guess.
Just because you dont see it doesnt mean they dont exist. Ibai is the biggest streamer on earth and his content is frankly far better than every twitch streamers. The guy is literally treated as a rock star by the natives.

Last edited:

Cubanodun

Vtweeter Hunter

Watamate

Previously known as Tatsunoko
Early Adopter
If I had a dollar for every ex-Hololive member who tried to unalive themselves, I'd have 2 dollars. Which isn't a lot, but still pretty alarming.

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
Including the graduates one, so something weird is happening

gura needs an unprecedented sacrifice in order to return to streaming full-time, obviously

Xuhle

If I had a dollar for every ex-Hololive member who tried to unalive themselves, I'd have 2 dollars. Which isn't a lot, but still pretty alarming.
Does it count twice if it was the same person? :smugpipi:

Last Of The Mohicans

shopping cart not included
I doubt that's how it works. Hololive will remain a jp company even if they have an office in NA. It's not like that new office is some kind of new independent company or legal entity. And to create that distinction between JP Cover and US Cover the talents would all need to be signed new contracts that binds them to Cover US and probably a whole bunch of other legal and burocratic behind the scenes stuff that I can't think of right now.

What I do wonder, is about Brave group: From what I've heard, they also need to get perms (sometimes). Are V4 and Globie separate companies or is the tie to the original JP corpo stronger, as they could be more considered branches of the same corpo (like HoloEN or HoloID) than properly separated stuff.

This is exactly what they will be doing if they're smart: new legal entity and redoing all contracts under US jurisdiction.

Because english-speaking market is much bigger than, say, polish-speaking market. This is why often there's no quality content in EU languages. Going east, RU market is big (well, was big before war, now much smaller), so everyone from ex-USSR does conent in russian (or english again). Same with SEA an China i guess.

Why do I even try...?

Watamate

Early Adopter

lakyus

Very cute underwear
Early Adopter

Xuhle

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
Just because you dont see it doesnt mean they dont exist. Ibai is the biggest streamer on earth and his content is frankly far better than every twitch streamers. The guy is literally treated as a rock star by the natives.
He's sports commenter first, not variety steamer, so i dont think he's fair example. Another, arguably most important, factor - how much money you'll get per view in certain language? With english you're well off at 100k subs, with turkish - you'll need like 500k to 1M to match that income.
Oil baron Parrot4chan said he made 4k$/mo before whole niji debacle. I can't imagine he'd earn anywhere close to that if it wasn't in english.

GayKusa

Early Adopter
About the formation of Cover USA

I cant remember if someone shared it already, but here is a PDF in English explaining what they want to do in more detail: https://contents.xj-storage.jp/xcon...4449/8be8/7ab820e91dd1/20240312105311579s.pdf

this entire thread of a JP journalist about the press event is interesting so I will put a TL of all the questions I found on reddit below

here Tweets+DeepL ↓

COVER, which operates the VTuber office "Hololive Productions", announces the establishment of its North American base "COVER USA".
COVER USA will focus on localized development in North America, and plans to localize content, UGC, and business. The company plans to localize activities in the revenue-generating field, such as event promotion, product sales, and sales, while keeping the supply of contents at the Japanese base.

President Tanigo emphasized that "thorough localization is necessary for overseas expansion. In particular, he pointed out the high potential of the North American region, and said that the first step is to thoroughly localize the North American area.

Q: Who are the members of the local office?
President Tanigo: "We need to dispatch members who have been involved in the launch of the VTuber business in Japan, but we also need to understand the local culture. For this reason, we are also considering hiring locally. In the beginning, we will probably have a small elite group, but we are aware that the number of locally hired staff will eventually increase.

Q: What about non-English speaking countries?
President Tanigo: "The English-speaking world is very wide. Time zones are very important. There are Oceania, North America, and Europe, but we would like to supply talent and business to other areas.''

Q: What are the criteria for establishing a local subsidiary?
President Tanigo: Perspectives such as time zone, whether it can be covered by business trips from Japan, and whether it is possible to develop a solid business. In the U.S., communication is difficult due to the time difference, so we decided to establish a base in such an area.

Q: What is the scale of your local office?
President Tanigo: Once there, we will start small. We would also love to pinpoint people with excellent local license sales records.

Q: What is the current state of MD?
President Tanigo: We are selling cross-border through our e-commerce site, but customers bear a large shipping cost. We would like to solve this problem in the future. We sell externally through animate and LA animation stores. We are also developing apparel with licensed-out products. Cool designs are popular overseas.

Q: Anime may not need localization, but should we look at VTubers as having a language barrier, or can technology solve this problem, or is there a possibility that Japanese VTubers will sell overseas?
President Tanigo: The first premise is that anime is also localized. We would like to separate the localization of distributed content from the expansion of sales through the local offices we have announced. Even for anime content, it is essential to do business with local partners. Crunchyroll, for example. Distribution is through Hololive, and video content such as 3D animations and official programs are translated. Also, distribution talent is delivered in their native language. I think that English-speaking people tend to go to see EN more easily. We are aware that multilingual localization of live broadcasts may be possible in the future.

Most of the things in the PDF arent new, Cover and Yagoo talked about it before, but some things did stand out to me

xgolvn.png

8grem7.png

This thing is probably the most important take-away.
As most people figured, this is about getting the buisness side of Cover properly set-up in the US.
No explicit mention of a warehouse or anything like that, but the terms in their presentation are vague enough that a warehouse or logistics/fullfilment center or a cooperation with a partner that takes care of such things can't be ruled out.
In the Interview above, Yagoo shows that he is aware of high shipping prices for overseas at least.
Hopefully this means cheaper shipping and more shipping destinations from the official shop and less reliance on Geek Jack.

nqhd2x.png

hqbwp4.png

This might as well be an indication for more markets they might try to reach, but this time from their base in the US and not directly from Japan.
This is my EU cope, once that the US office is up and running and is sufficiently staffed, they will actually try to look into Europe and finally some EU talents. Because then those EU talents will be able to be assisted by the managers in the USA, and not Japan, because EU Primetime hits in the middle of the night in Jp but morning in the Us.
That way they finally have office staff awake during EU hours, and they might dare to on-board EU talents and train them again (because the training requires managers that are awake).

In other news, Kiara is hinting pretty hard on main

Basically, Sara Gutenberg is an alias she made up one day during her members stream for Keeki. When she wants to say she did something but can't or won't say it as Kiara proper, Sara Gutenberg did it.
Just how Sara Gutenberg got into that Idol concert.
Why won't she just explicitly mention she was there as Kiara? Its not like saying you went to a concert is forbidden, after all Octavio and Iofi and Risu just all said that they went and saw Taylor Swift in Singapore.
Maybe because the connection will be too obvious since she already posted a picture as Keeki?
Idk, but I also dont really care that much about why she says some things on the one account and others on the other, it doesn't really matter

Last edited:

NotDecatto

DYRBI

Pencilfreak

Mmm… pencils and graphite. Mmm.. erasers.

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter

Watamate

Early Adopter
Top Bottom