"I've never had anything eaten out of me, I don't have any maggots or worms inside of me, don't worry"Fujikura Uruka
  • ~1 Week Remains: Local fans of a certain pink lagomorph mold golem are attempting to finalize an anniversary project for her. Last call for contributers & artists, etc. No yabbits allowed.
  • !!!!READ THIS NOW!!!!

What is hopefully the final server backup has been implemented. I am now starting the closure process of this forum. Main boards will now be locked. The Proctor's Office will remain up solely for technical feedback. Go to the new site in order to post. Barring catastrophic problems, this cloud-based version will close on the 9th of July.
  • IMPORTANT: Users from Russia may need a VPN to access the new server. I need more data to diagnose this problem. Contact me here or on Discord if you have been blocked, so I can tell you what you need to do.

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Continuous Retardation

Ame Gosling
Early Adopter
Why is she bending the knee to mentally ill individuals though? Her apology sounded like she was done with everything. I wonder if it was management that made her do it.
I think it's a 100% certainty they made her do it. Scarle is not one of their favored children, so she gets the boot whenever they feel like it. Uki has literally and unironically made multiple anti-white comments in videos and tweets that are still up and accessible right fucking now. Tell me again 'Milord' how there is no favoritism? Niggysanji is such a joke, it's almost unreal just how bad it's gotten publicly in such a short time.

It is straight fucking COMICAL at this point to compare how Hololive and AnyColor have been doing the last 6 or so months. I know that 2022 was a reverse of what we have now, but I don't think the stakes were any near as bad then as they are now.
:sinktheyacht:
I think it's pretty much no contest and in hindsight 2022 was not bad at all. We had plenty of moaning about projects from each branch and perms autism as per usual, but what really happened in 2022? Rushia getting canned? Yeah that's a blow to Holo's wallet but it was more of a bad look for her than Cover. In exchange we got ID3 so I'd say it was a massive upgrade over green woman bad in the end. What else, the rrat that 'council didn't do as well as Cover expected'? Does anybody know what exactly Cover expected from council anyway? I certainly never expected them to hit Myth levels of saturation because that was a one off thing that will not happen ever again, even for Myth. Council got mogged by the gay boys of Niji for about a year and some change, but then even Vox settled around councils numbers eventually. I never bought that Council was a failure by any objective standard. Of course there's Sana but that just seemed to be her both getting unlucky and also I'm not sure how much she really cared about the vtuber thing anyway.

I'd say late 2020-early 2021 was the actual worst time for modern Holo perceptions. Seemed like EN was this walled garden and like the JP side had to be let in for only short amounts of time before being shooed out. They absolutely did not do enough for Coco when the chinks turned their autism on her. Sure, individually each branch may have been doing pretty great, but Holo just seemed really dysfunctional and kind of backwards facing when it came to handling drama. I'm not sure what happened but they seem much more competent when it comes to real issues like Mel being terminated. Maybe it's because Yagoo is kind of a typical nip autist that things got out of hand before, but he seems to actually care and has improved nearly every public facing aspect of the company's image

okmangeez

1710225994235.png

We need to ask the real question since HoloUSA is now a thing.

When will we have 3000 anime drones of Cover Corp?

BioBreak

You gonna eat that?
Early Adopter
Weird timing, I just had a shower thought about how to solve one of the EN talent's biggest issues being getting game perms. I doubt this is possible, but I was trying to think of ways to put HoloEN under some sort of US-based company or branch (that somehow still answered to the JP mothership) so they can be covered under American fair use/copyright/whatever so at least the EN talents can stream more freely linked the indies do (Helldivers 2 please?). This would go a long way to retaining talent imo; the $$ part seems fine as far as I know but "talent freedom" will always be an issue.
From the way it read at the bottom part of the doc, they're not creating a separate US corporate entity - it really is just a local base/office that still falls under the JP corporate umbrella. Long-term goal is probably more towards stabilizing operations for localizing merch logistics and US-based sponsorship coordination, with a probable stretch goal of a small-ish 3D mo-cap room for the EN talents' birthdays and anniversary streams. Major 3D stuff will still be done in Japan.

if they want to get around the JP corpo autism about game perms, they will have to establish an independent US corporate entity and transfer the EN talents under that US entity so that they're at least loophole'd out of JP corporate law and norms. It doesn't stop JP corpos from issuing strikes on their channels but they can at least now legally argue that their US-based operations and employees (under US labor law) now actually fall under US fair use laws.

I wouldn't expect a huge operation out of this right out of the gate. If they're leasing/renting office spaces out of LA, shit's gonna be expensive. They're gonna try their hardest to get this op off the ground while being cost-effective.

Last edited:

Nenélove

N is for Nenecup
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
From the way it read at the bottom part of the doc, they're not creating a separate US corporate entity - it really is just a local base/office that still falls under the JP corporate umbrella. Long-term goal is probably more towards stabilizing operations for localizing merch logistics and US-based sponsorship coordination, with a probably stretch goal of a small-ish 3D mo-cap room for the EN talents' birthdays and anniversary streams. Major 3D stuff will still be done in Japan.

if they want to get around the JP corpo autism about game perms, they will have to establish an independent US corporate entity and transfer the EN talents under that US entity so that they're at least loophole'd out of JP corporate law and norms. It doesn't stop JP corpos from issuing strikes on their channels but they can at least now legally argue that their US-based operations and employees (under US labor law) now actually fall under US fair use laws.
I'm honestly glad it's not another company, amerifats ruin everything. JP corporate autism will ensure immunity from any sort of californian woke virus.

USS IOWA

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter

Archive

Rie is out in the wild. Thankfully, none of us have any idea what she looks like, so we'll never know if she's sitting next to us! :smugpipi:

electronic elephant

"I am uncontrollable. I cannot be managed."—Vesper
Early Adopter

frz

That is most likely why they are doing it, or they’re doing it for their shareholders/investors.
Or they are trying to stem the bleeding. They might have run into recruitment issues seeing they haven't debutted a new gen yet as people started actually reading the contract they give them. So they are trying to hold on the current members with the promise of 3D and live concert.
I'm surprised that we haven't gotten any graduation for march, whichever things they promised their talents worked. either that or more gaslighting, something like "noone will watch you since you sided against doki". :inahungryl:
This is why everyone is ESL. European audience is very real and use english, just like everyone else. It's american spanish/portuguse audience is mythical, as well as SEA. There's not enough money in the market to bother speaking these languages. Guess what all successful ID and flip vtubers do?
You know the biggest twitch streamer is spanish right? And he's beyond filthy rich. The point is spanish audience will comes out in droves for spanish speakers but generally not for english ones.
SEA is filthy poor but they are fine with watching english streams, esp the flips and indians where half of their language is english already anyway. Spanish is the opposite. There maybe one or 2 billingual EN/spanish streamers that gets an audience but they are the exception and far and few between and they also tends to be spanish in nationality, the audience has the money and there is a market, just not for "kaigai". :BibooPopcorn:. I think germany and france is in a similar position? The audience is huge and has money but they also refuse to watch non-natives
But it just makes sense logistically and financially:

-California is home to Silicon Valley and Hollywood. Regarding tech and entertainment, there is no better place to go within the US. This will also let them hire from among the best of the best (staff), as Hololive is technically both an entertainment company and a tech company.
-California is home to the biggest shipping port in the US, LA. Logistically speaking, if they want to curtail shipping costs, it would make sense to set up shop in LA (presumably where they're establishing a base).
-Distance-wise, California is the closest state to Japan other than Alaska or Hawaii
-California is home to some of the largest metro areas/cities in the US (LA, San Diego, San Jose, San Francisco, Oakland, Fresno, etc.)
-California probably has the largest concentration of weebs/vtubers in the US
-It's not too far from British Colombia, which is where are lot of Canadian vtubers are located
-Most populous US state
-Close to Mexico if they ever attempt a Spanish branch (and California has plenty of Spanish speakers)

We can only hope they vet their staff properly, but I have faith in Hololive (due to its track record).
Your list of reason is too long, every twitch streamers/youtuber is in LA because there's just more opportunity there to get sponsorships, do marketting, etc. It's like the homeland of the internet. People move there get rich and move out, or just stuck there forever. LA is like an expensive shit hole, literally, it's full of shit littered by homeless people and everything is super expensive. You don't randomly select to live in it unless you dont have a brain.
Best case scenario is this move means NA talents get more access to sponsorship and gets more money, hololive built their own 3D studio and find sponsors for EN concerts, get access to a warehouse system and talents won't have to fly to japan for everything. If anything they are 3 years too late. There are a lot one can do with an NA office.
I don't expect the perm situation to change though, but physically show up in a game/music company office asking for perm might be easier than just emailing back and forth, but no promises.
On the other hand, Hololive likes to work on office hours (9-5) and streamers stream after 5 pm so they no longer got meetings interupting their streaming schedule and you can expect talents to start streaming freque.... I'm joking there's no saving gura & mumei :koronehappyl:

Last edited:

masterstocking

Dogs are forever in the push-up position
Early Adopter

Okay, which one of you flips commissioned this one?

Lurker Throwaway

🌩🔅📕🔩🧸🫧🏹🦊🦈💭🍹📦♾️🐧👿🐍🦋🫖🪶🚩🐅👹🎴⚗️🐸

Okay, which one of you flips commissioned this one?

Followed the inspired tweet. They did so much more. :kaelalaugh:
GHms-Oa-Ia8-AAq1-EX.jpg

masterstocking

Dogs are forever in the push-up position
Early Adopter
Followed the inspired tweet. They did so much more. :kaelalaugh:
GHms-Oa-Ia8-AAq1-EX.jpg

Holy shit...giving KFP a real run for their money! (though a rat in the kitchen might look bad when safety inspectors show up...they do have those in Flipland, yeah?)

Lurker Throwaway

🌩🔅📕🔩🧸🫧🏹🦊🦈💭🍹📦♾️🐧👿🐍🦋🫖🪶🚩🐅👹🎴⚗️🐸

2DUM4U

Early Adopter
Uruka's been lesmaxxing so hard lately that it's difficult to keep track. Neither of these were on the thread when I searched.

A

I suspect it's because she prefers this to 88 cubs. Also she's a total degenerate.

God's Strongest Dragoon

Previous stream he privated due to a brainfart moment where he talked about the mainland Chinese policy to have VTubers IRL identities be registered into the government database. Some publicly available RL images were shown on stream briefly and that was when he decided it was a bad idea.
The little retard really can't help themselves from sharing dox info to feel special.
That is some major league faggotry, "I saw the thing with Scarle was possible" Jesus H. Christ on a pogo stick.
This is a colossal fuckup, it will now open the floodgates as everyone will now hound NijiEN livers to abide by THEIR rules. They will look through their VODs to see if the livers have ever broken any of THEIR rules, whether new or old ones.
So basically they plan on running content activities from Japan while running events, merch, and local promotions (eg. sponsors I guess) from Cover USA.
Yeah, this was definitely going to happen soon. I expected they'd go this route after testing the waters by letting affiliate stores handle merch.
At the risk of timelooping again, the details in Cover's recent report to shareholders mentioned about working more with affiliate stores in Asia and North America for supposedly year-round stocking of their merch. So imagine for instance you see some teenagers go to Hot Topic and they get hooked into Hololive because they love some of the character designs. I mentioned this usage of a 3rd-party as a stop-gap plan they might be implementing to see if retarded shipping costs really are holding merch sales back. They might find that merch sales don't really change by lowering the cost of merch for the customer, so they don't end up expanding operations. They might find that their merch sales go through the roof instead, which would give them a reason to invest the money into merch distribution and cut out the middle-man.

It's just a very safe, but very long overdue, expansion of their merch distribution.
So they likely realized it will help financially to set up a regional logistics hub to handle merch while also serving as a location from where they can better negotiate and coordinate with regional sponsors.

Salado

Uruka's been lesmaxxing so hard lately that it's difficult to keep track. Neither of these were on the thread when I searched.

A

I suspect it's because she prefers this to 88 cubs. Also she's a total degenerate.

To be fair. Who wouldn't be gay for Marine?

Last Of The Mohicans

shopping cart not included
Weird timing, I just had a shower thought about how to solve one of the EN talent's biggest issues being getting game perms. I doubt this is possible, but I was trying to think of ways to put HoloEN under some sort of US-based company or branch (that somehow still answered to the JP mothership) so they can be covered under American fair use/copyright/whatever

-- [my] #1 [most rage inducing thing about EN Holo] being having to remind some fans that perms are not because Japan --

How...many...times?

BioBreak

You gonna eat that?
Early Adopter

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter

Last Of The Mohicans

shopping cart not included
Anyway I originally came here to post this:
image.png

kushami tasukaru

Early Adopter
3D singing collab between Re:AcT's Usuwa Suu and Yumekawa Kanau with Tacitly's Ciel at 8PM JST.

AZKi in a Lethal Company collab with Fubuki, Koyori, and Luna.

AZKi+horror games are a great combination so this is the recommended POV.

2view Shikibu Meguri releasing a cover.

She's good.

Another foreigner Vtuber moving to Japan, VSpo's Nekota Tsuna.

There's a clipper who returns from a two year hiatus and now clips VSpo in addition to holo.

The four apple height measurement reminded me of that turbulent time in the homeland.

Top Bottom