"I've recently realized just how much I keep my mouth open while playing games"IRyS

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

The Rratarded Alt

Rat-girl Idol Connoisseur

Maybe Shiori can manage to not be dead-weight in a collab for once?

Nahhhh

DanishCookies

Maybe Shiori can manage to not be dead-weight in a collab for once?

Nahhhh

Still surprised how she tardwrangled everyone in that Backrooms advent collab

:SelenHAHAhere:

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
I have shocking news from the future:

Even the nominees are "Literal Who?"-tier after Kyo got sent to prison.

Although if an actual black vtuber (not a vtweeter) was nominated, it would have to be Serina from V4Mirai. Sincerely doubt she would even have competition.

So naturally some nog with an absolutely horrific, truly grotesque tumblr-level model will sweep.

:thatsracist:
Watch Serina win and people start whining about "colorism."

DanishCookies

ValkyrieAce

in a toxic relationship with IRyS

And she's also got an off-collab with these goobers coming up.

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
chammers supremacy, it's good to be back, be sure to give her your support - even the strongest idol needs to be cheered on

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
Having a locked and pinned corpo graveyard megathread like the schizo one with summary posts that link to unlocked threads for each individual corpo is probably the best way.

Why would they need to be locked? They should still be unlocked so people can add new info, ask for clarification, etc.

But yes, there should definitely be a Tsunderia thread with that as the OP. @Porean, want to do it? There shouldn't be any permissions issues or anything to create a new thread right?

Although if an actual black vtuber (not a vtweeter) was nominated, it would have to be Serina from V4Mirai. Sincerely doubt she would even have competition.

It's a recurring problem almost always whenever the issue of "black vtubers" comes up - are we talking the model, or the performer, or both? The model of the lady putting this on doesn't look particularly "black." But if we only count the performers, then they have to partially dox themselves to qualify, or perhaps just lie. These seems like really obvious questions but the FAQ question doesn't answer it so I guess it's supposed to be obvious somehow.

46gumi

Forever Siro's Punching Bag
So somehow I missed this.

Miran had a "graduation scare" tweet a few days ago.

Since the beginning of this year, it has been difficult to find time to distribute on the earth and I have been reducing the frequency of my music distribution, but after much consideration, I have come to the decision that I cannot continue to mainly distribute music as I have been doing so far. 🙇‍♀️

I hope I will be able to tell you more about it in the future...!

I won't retire until then, as I have some projects already scheduled for my birthday on 3/19...!

She then further clarified it on her last stream

Thanks for the distribution!
Due to various reasons, I won't be able to do the main activity of the song slot anymore, but I hope to make the song slot more gorgeous than before when I can do it ✨.
The format will change drastically, but I'll keep trying to meet you all on earth 💪.

From what I gathered, it looks like she'll be staying but will reduce her activities from here on out due to health reasons (and possibly burnout considering how much
she's been streaming)

Last edited:

DanishCookies

Empty_Inbox

🏆 Thread Recap links are in my Profile Posts
Early Adopter
Deranged Archivist
FalseEyeD sometimes has a segment near the end dedicated to various indies, covered by his co-host. This time one of those indies caught my eye for a bit, because bug - Kuwanano (@kuwanano_vt).
Opinions, @Lazybug , @Moth Enjoyer V2 ?

Her original song

Last edited:

Nuenqu

Gibara Fan

Babutaro(Gibara) Love
Subaru is streaming Angle beats:

and Roboco's new outfit stream:

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Oh God, must we go over this argument again? Despite how much eurofags want to seethe that they don't get dedicated vtubers, that is a result of their own doing as they don't go out of their way to show Cover that they're an untapped market that's waiting to throw money at an EU branch. Yes, eurofags exist in a region of numerous 1st world wealthy countries but you guys just don't drop the money on talents.

And no, timezones and lack of talents dedicated to your region is not an excuse. The Amerifags would show up at retarded hours for Japanese talents that don't even speak English and then throw money at them. The time difference for EU watching NA is the same for NA watching JP. JP talent streams at 5pm JST? That's 12am PST/3am EST for Amerifags. EN talent streams at 5pm PST? That's 1am GMT/2am CET for Eurofags. At least EN talents speak a language that most eurofags know, Amerifags didn't have that luxury because practically no one outside of a specific archipelago speaks fucking moonrunes. When your continent of 1st world nations get outbid by the fucking favela continent of South America, you guys don't deserve a dedicated branch until your region proves that talents will flourish in your region. The whole reasoning for dedicating a branch to a region is the understanding that if the fans are dedicated enough to show up during off-hours, talents in that region will pop off since there's obviously a big market there. Unfortunately EU just doesn't do this and it's not like talents streaming in hours dedicated to the EU really pop off.

EN SOVL
The EU market as people like to imagine (both here and elsewhere) doesn't exist.

The European Union is fifty countries, each with their own cultural backgrounds, with 24 official languages and somewhere around 200 spoken across the continent. About 40% of Europe speaks English (so roughly 280m people) which seems quite promising to tap into at first glance, until you realize that even if you forget the vastly different cultural backgrounds, a lot of these will be ESL and may well prefer entertainment content in their own language, rather than one they may only have some proficiency in.

I think there is room for some very small vtubing agencies for larger EU countries with a large population that speaks one main language. Germany has Lightmotif, which has five active talents and has been active for nearly 2.5 years, for example. But EU as a singular, unified market in a similar manner to, say, Japan or America does not exist.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
They're really running this out fast, huh? I know Ironmouse gets a new model every fucking week but she also prints money so it doesn't matter; outfit reveal streams are more of an event (thus more profitable) if they're spaced out, rather than being rushed so soon after debut.
To be fair Nina/Matara's tenure in VSJ is pretty much as if she just came back from a hiatus considering her fanbase is probably very simillar or the same as her Niji one. And her on stream persona is essentialy the same as Nina.
If it were a brand new vtuber with no previous streaming at all id agree too but i think its a slightly different case to that

Last edited:

46gumi

Meanwhile APPLAND's VPI Cafe girls are getting their 3D along with with their first live.

The first one to get theirs is Himaji Pane (which is also currently starting) while others will soon follow

Admittedly I don't watch these girls but anything good happening that's still somewhat related to Siro is a W in my book.

:sanasmile:

Tyrvalla

Early Adopter

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

frz

Ok that was too dumb of a joke
2024 hit with the 2nd vtuber suicide case. And it's only february.

Eileen posting suicide note on twitter

Suddenly, but this is a farewell letter. I believe I will die soon. I have been defrauded by a Chinese man and subjected to threats of over 20 million yen in unpaid amounts and 40 million yen if I don't quietly accept it.

Due to numerous threats from this Chinese man, I can no longer live without medication. While the medication is effective, I feel drowsy, and when its effects wear off, I am overwhelmed by panic and anxiety, leading to suicidal impulses.

[Details] In 2022, I established a VTuber agency called "H," and the agency's annual revenue reached 100 million yen. However, I fell seriously ill and sold the agency to a man I met in Shenzhen, China. He belonged to China's super-rich class (his father is the head of a state-owned enterprise, and his mother is one of the leaders of the Fujian Provincial Government), and I trusted him.

However, after the sale (post-closing), for a year and a half, he continuously withheld payments from the livestreamers (I was covering for him) and consistently insulted them. (Examples: "All livestreamers have small brains, stupid pitches. Trash like them can't survive in society." "Small-brained." "These people have low EQ." "I want to fire them," etc. Too many to list, so please forgive the omission.)

Moreover, until now in 2024, despite promises and signed contracts, he has never provided me with a profit and loss statement. Currently, he owes me over 20 million yen. I have urged him several times due to financial insecurity, but he has consistently evaded with excuses like "Wait," "In a few days," "I caught a cold, wait a few days," and recently, when I demanded payment again, he resorted to threatening me.

Examples: "I will make you suffer." "I hate you, so I'll do anything." "I'll make a big fuss." "Do you know what will happen?" "Don't think it'll be over even if you go to court," etc.

Afterward, he added, "If you don't like that, settle for half," "Come on, decide quickly, or the amount will decrease rapidly," and other threats. I have completely broken down mentally, and now I can't survive without medication. (The worst condition in my life, and when the medication's effects fade, suicidal thoughts arise.)

He has previously mentioned things like "Using a slightly expensive method, making companies write defamatory remarks on bulletin boards" and "manipulating public opinion." Feeling my life is threatened in an unsolvable way, I have sought advice from several lawyers.

They have told me that it is "very advantageous," "there is little the other party (Chinese man) can do," but also mentioned that "even if you win in court, you cannot seize assets," and questioned, "Is he even at his address in China?" "Is that address genuine?" Essentially, I am told that I have no choice but to accept the situation. I can no longer live. I can't protect what needs protection.

I am consulting the police about the threats, but I don't know to what extent the Japanese police will respond. Surely, no one will help me. I probably won't be alive soon. Some may say, "This is China risk," "This is what Chinese people do," but it's not that kind of issue. By exposing his actions, anyone could potentially suffer the same harm. I hope the information can be useful even after I'm gone.

In conclusion, even if I succumb to the threats and end my life, my only regret is my family. Please, if there is someone who can help, help.
Eileen
Archive
Who else thought 2024 couldnt be worse than 2023 :calidrinking:

Last edited:

Limkin

Kaela is catchable from time to time iirc.
Kaela is catchable in any time zone. That's not a fair example, others sleep occasionally
NEVER do business with China. NEVER. What happened here is exactly how it goes EVERY SINGLE TIME. They promise you money, it all seems fine, then you realize you are getting pennies and because of Chinese laws you can not even sue them. They know it, they will take advantage of it. You will not be the lucky one who will not get screwed

Last edited:

46gumi

Ok that was too dumb of a joke

Eileen posting suicide note on twitter

Archive

She also released a video about it

I also managed to snag this from her Discord. Apparently these were her previous tweets that were deleted.

IMG_6218.jpg

Anyone here that can provide a TL?

Top Bottom