"WTF I thought his name was 'Dark Vader', not 'darth'. Who the heck is 'darth'? What kind of name is 'darth'. Don't laugh, stop laughing!"Chisaka Airi
  • Offkai 2024 is underway. SCANDALS ABOUND.

The Offkai moderator who lied about Pippa and Tenma's technical issues is a Pippa & Pikamee anti, and Marina simp.
    Highly-trained TVA Spec-Ops Agents have successfully infiltrated the con and reported that volunteers have formed a militia to fight Nazis. Unconfirmed reports indicate they have already suffered 39% casualties before engaging the enemy.
    I'm willing to pay 25$ or a custom title for anyone on the forum for an interesting thumbnail for an Offkai-centered stream on Wednesday. Also open to call-ins from anyone who attended and could give 'ground reporting'.
    There are now unconfirmed reports of cosplaying capippalists arranging gay orgies. WHAT THE FUCK EVEN IS THIS CON.

☘☘☘Hi Jim! Ireland is a lovely place when they're not electing gay indians!☘☘☘
    WATCH THIS SPACE.

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Panko Enjoyer

I mentioned this in the liveposting thread but I thought it was interesting enough to post here as well. Advent's watchalong this week was John Wick, which was Bijou's choice. Next week is Shiori's choice and she decided on Silence of the Lambs. Without spoiling it for the zoomers that haven't watched it, I'm fairly confident we're going to see some twitter freaks lose their minds because of this movie. The film pissed off a bunch of fags back in the day when it came out, should be a lot of fun.
:SelenHAHAhere:

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
Watch the raven.

I'm not sure how I feel about the model. Strange mix of edgy and film noir.

I do respect her just starting to stream with nothing more than a simple eye/mouth animation, though.
Once Mori Calliope will perform in the Super bowl Show, I can say that I've been here since the beginning
This except Mumei.

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

In general, it would depend how cooperative the particular artist wanted to be about it, and whether they've informally "loaned" it out to anyone else prior. It's much safer to just commission something from scratch with work-for-hire and exclusivity terms agreed upon from day one, to avoid inheriting problems from before the contract was signed.

The thing that muddles this specific situation is that corpos typically have derivative work guidelines that allow third parties to create works based on their intellectual properties under specific terms, which includes the corpo receiving the right to use the derivative work in their own productions. This mostly exists for convenience so the talents can use fanart for their thumbnails and Twitter profiles without having to seek permission every time, but it doubles as one of those intentionally broad clauses that can cover them in cases like this.

Ethically I think trying to handwave just how much of a "reference" the fanartist's work was comes off in bad faith and reflects poorly on him. Legally (if for some reason someone cared enough about the revenue from a Nijimale who'll be completely forgotten about in a wave or two's time to pursue it) it could fall either way - Nijisanji own the Yu Q. Wilson character and not the axolotl character design as it appears in the fanart - but the two are presented together there, so it's /technically/ still derivative work. I'm sure there are lawfags out there who could have a great time fighting over this.

The smart move would have been to contact the person privately, pay the artist off, then go about business. A Pokémon-like axolotl that looks highly derivative already would never have much copyright standing in most places. But "making nice" and avoiding any negative PR would have been the far better play.

You also have to add to this that apparently that mascot design for his fandom was already finalized and this means that Anycolor was more than likely already getting ready to roll out merchandise plans. The mascot design being official makes it part of Yu Q's branding. The issue he got himself into reflects badly on him and Anycolor, so I wouldn't be surprised if he got slightly reprimanded for it and put into time-out.

History has shown that Anycolor will punish their talents for the slightest of offenses and for them the brand comes first. So I do not believe this mini-hiatus is something he fully decided on his own.

He definitely got a minor bonk, not a major bonk.

Nigel Nigerman

is the virtual reincarnation of George Floyd.
In other news,

A recently debuted vtuber from nijisanji (No not the one from 1 month ago) might have landed himself in stealth suspicion over a nothing burger drama.

How it started:

He revealed his official fan mascot. Creditted an artist named Maerie, who's relatively popular within the scene.

But someone noticed ... it was her design. All she asked for was to be appropriately credited

Instead of just crediting her like a normal human being. Yu Wilson doubled down, went on a sperg in the reply, admitting to "referencing" her design and stating that he can just commision a new one if she have trouble with it.
View attachment 57454

To this moment, 10 hours after his initial reply + 1 hour after the hiatus tweet, she is still not credited.
:gunpeko:
Archive

Nïggasanji EN not doing anything retarded challenge IMPOSSIBLE.

It’s not a stealth suspension or anything like that. He said he was going to be showing up in streams, if he was suspended we wouldn’t be hearing anything from him at all. He’s taking a self imposed break to rethink his mascot.
And sure you can think it’s weird to take a break to rethink a mascot, but the dude is the last from his wave to get one and also stressed a lot over it before all of this. He worried a lot about the reception of it and how fans would like it, and so seeing all this probably didn’t do him any favors. This isn’t the first time livers have had to switch up mascots because of things like this, hell I don’t even think Vox has an official mascot because his fans can’t decide on one, so while it’s crazy he decided to stop streaming for a bit I get it. Kind of. Also he straight up said this was the reason lol.

R(2).jpg

He also could have ask the original artist if they were okay with him making the mascot an official thing and hiring another artist to modify something. I mean surely a manager could supervise it to make sure everything is done smoothly right?
Well he just said this, so take it as you will.

(archive)

This guy is such a retard. But then again, he joined Nïggasanji :smugpipi:

Not exactly a zoomer, but never had the chance to watch or read it, so I was curious what the "triggering kantent" is... and of course it's vermintide shit... it's always the fucking vermintide.

But I digress; when looking up "Silence of the Lambs controversy," one of the first auto-complete suggestions was "-content warning." In my infinite stupidity and autistic curiosity, I decided to dive down the rabbit hole, which led me to this:View attachment 57459
which has to be one of the most psychotically Californian things I have ever seen. There's a list of no less than 120 different triggers organized in alphabetical order - they also sort books almost exclusively by trigger

View attachment 57464.

Then there's this in the FAQ:

View attachment 57461
View attachment 57462
"LIFE-SAVING"
:depressedtako:

Before you ask - yes, there are at least 3 different donation options littered about the site. Yes, one of them is ko-fi.

Consider my night ruined. Is it my entirely my own fault? Yes. Am I still going to blame you in particular? Yes. Fuck you and your coal-black oshi.

If you died because you've been triggered then you don't deserve to live IMHO.

@Nenélove your waifu is doing cute things again. Make it stop, my diabeetus is acting up.

Last edited:

46gumi

Forever Siro's Punching Bag
Peperoncino playing the FOTM and celebrating monetization

Unsurprisingly one of her most loyal simps since her Akari days already giving out a big red

slsh.jpg

Also some Daigo and Salome clips. I'm really liking their interactions.

100% not Hakka

Don't tell Yagoo
I mentioned this in the liveposting thread but I thought it was interesting enough to post here as well. Advent's watchalong this week was John Wick, which was Bijou's choice. Next week is Shiori's choice and she decided on Silence of the Lambs. Without spoiling it for the zoomers that haven't watched it, I'm fairly confident we're going to see some twitter freaks lose their minds because of this movie. The film pissed off a bunch of fags back in the day when it came out, should be a lot of fun.
:SelenHAHAhere:
Not exactly a zoomer, but never had the chance to watch or read it, so I was curious what the "triggering kantent" is... and of course it's vermintide shit... it's always the fucking vermintide.

But I digress; when looking up "Silence of the Lambs controversy," one of the first auto-complete suggestions was "-content warning." In my infinite stupidity and autistic curiosity, I decided to dive down the rabbit hole, which led me to this:

1700918241477.png
which has to be one of the most psychotically Californian things I have ever seen. There's a list of no less than 120 different triggers organized in alphabetical order - they also sort books almost exclusively by trigger

1700918948025.png.

Then there's this in the FAQ:

1700918460855.png
1700918485985.png
"LIFE-SAVING" :depressedtako:
Before you ask - yes, there are at least 3 different donation options littered about the site. Yes, one of them is ko-fi.

Consider my night ruined. Is it my entirely my own fault? Yes. Am I still going to blame you in particular? Yes. Fuck you and your coal-black oshi.

Last edited:

Svarog

Saviorfag
Early Adopter

New "Gamer" focused corpo just dropped. With a JP & EN branch.
(Pretty much all genres of games from FPS/MOBA to Gacha/Dress-up)

Here are their debut teasers
By the teasers i liked this genki japanese girl the most
Nano Kozuya

I wonder where these teasers are advertised, coz it's have quite a lot of views with few likes.

Lurker Throwaway

🌩🔅📕🔩🧸🫧🏹🦊🦈💭🍹📦♾️🐧👿🐍🦋🫖🪶🚩🐅👹🎴⚗️🐸

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
Watching that Rie clip about being a brofucker has done signficant damage to my feed. Just a constant stream of vtubers calling incest hot and based. Is this normal? Were these girls always this degenerate? Is society shifting? Tf is going on?
Rie is working hard to heal the world of the rigged societal norms that entrap our present day. She's almost single handedly bringing on a world that is more open and accepting of greater varieties of love that bigots would have you believe is "degenerate" or "harmful to society as we know it". Society is shifting for the better, and it's all thanks to brave souls such as herself for breaking the mold and making the world a better place.
:smugpipi:
EDIT: Shiina this message was a joke, I'm just an ass who never let's an opportunity slip
Kinda like how Shiina let the existence of her boyfriend slip on stream?

Last edited:

IonProxy

God's Strongest Emmote (Emmperially Bestowed)

Kuri Rinji

Red Nousagi
"LIFE-SAVING" :depressedtako:
If you're so far gone that some words or audio-visuals make you want to rope then maybe it's natural selection at work and you should let nature take its course. Why go against nature? :thisisstupid:

100% not Hakka

Don't tell Yagoo
If you're so far gone that some words or audio-visuals make you want to rope then maybe it's natural selection at work and you should let nature take its course. Why go against nature? :thisisstupid:
You know, Kuri, for a brown dramafag, you're pretty alright :shubaIapprob:

Clown Penis

Dizzy "Elf Pride Worldwide" Dokuro
Early Adopter
Xalafag is going to have to spend an entire day looking at men's asses
This is not the horrible experience for the self-acknowledged femboi that you believe it to be.

Stunned But Dumb

kushami tasukaru

Early Adopter
VSpo's Nekota Tsuna new outfit reveal right now.

Here's a clip of the new VSpo member Kuromu Yano.

She's a loli Darth Vader.

Found someone who debuted yesterday from Nextopia, Lucia Laetitia releasing a cover from Heaven's Feel.

A few days ago Saionji Mary had a birthday stream where she ate some lobster sashimi and grilled another. The lobster was alive at the beginning of the stream.

She killed it off screen. Near the end of the stream talking about her cover song she read a letter, talked about the first graduated HNST member Eli, and got a bit tearful.

Miko's adventures in Mario RPG with added NTR at the end.

Kourai

Not pictured: the will to live
Early Adopter
Archivist
In other news,

A recently debuted vtuber from nijisanji (No not the one from 1 month ago) might have landed himself in stealth suspicion over a nothing burger drama.

How it started:

He revealed his official fan mascot. Creditted an artist named Maerie, who's relatively popular within the scene.

But someone noticed ... it was her design. All she asked for was to be appropriately credited

Instead of just crediting her like a normal human being. Yu Wilson doubled down, went on a sperg in the reply, admitting to "referencing" her design and stating that he can just commision a new one if she have trouble with it.
View attachment 57454

To this moment, 10 hours after his initial reply + 1 hour after the hiatus tweet, she is still not credited.
Archive

Ghostarchive of KITTY20377198's tweet and Yu Q. Wilson's replies, as archive.ph doesn't capture Kitty's tweet thread. (Whether ghostarchive or archive.ph works better on any given day depends on the alignment of the celestial bodies.)

You also have to add to this that apparently that mascot design for his fandom was already finalized and this means that Anycolor was more than likely already getting ready to roll out merchandise plans. The mascot design being official makes it part of Yu Q's branding. The issue he got himself into reflects badly on him and Anycolor, so I wouldn't be surprised if he got slightly reprimanded for it and put into time-out.

History has shown that Anycolor will punish their talents for the slightest of offenses and for them the brand comes first. So I do not believe this mini-hiatus is something he fully decided on his own.
Except he’s not exactly in timeout. He’s still going to be showing up on streams and maybe even tweeting. He’s just dedicating most of his time to fixing the mascot problem. Do I think it’s out of the realm of possibility that they reprimanded him? No, in fact I’m sure they talked to him about it and maybe even scolded him, but this doesn’t seem company mandated, just him trying to get this shit fixed as soon as he can. But maybe Niji did urge him to take a break, and he agreed to it. I don’t know for certain which it is, I just hope this doesn’t blow up in his face any more than it already has.
If Wilson's hiatus is part of a bonk, he did deserve a bonk. But I'll point out that when Kyo was stealth suspended, it killed a collab he had planned with Alban and two Holostars, Altare and Bettel. In contrast, Wilson specifically said he can appear on other streams. One can still argue that Wilson was punished and collabs and tweets were allowed to lessen the punishment. My point is Wilson's hiatus is still different from past suspensions.

Issues like this can be resolved. More than a year ago now, Nene and Cover made a public apology for Nene tracing art to make her previous year's birthday postcards (hence, already sold). But that artist (Namori) had worked with Cover before, and according to Nene and Cover they had settled with Namori in private prior to the public apology. I'm not sure how long resolution would take in this case.

Also... how exactly did Wilson pass off Kitty's design to Maerie as "reference"? I suppose Wilson could have just said "make it look like this, but more cat and with goggles", and Maerie had not seen Kitty's art before and assumed Wilson had rights to the reference.

Last edited:

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
Well he just said this, so take it as you will.

(archive)

TL;DR, Wilson already made an agreement with the final design artist that they will receive 1% of the profit from any merch using the design. This makes things extremely tricky, because if he has to give another 1% away to another artist, he is going to wind up in the red.
Art tax:
F_gz6vPbEAAz1eq.jpg
And now redjuice is working on a 99% angelRyS full piece (like he did for the 'origin' one I think), at his current streaming pace it will probably be finished in a couple days
1700913678642.png

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
Cute angry Grimmi short

And here's what happend seconds later (clipped out the intermission round the end)

Nenélove

Malding, seething and shitting
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
In other news,

How it started:

View attachment 57454

Archive

yum.jpg
The rest of you should learn from this man.

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
Rie is working hard to heal the world of the rigged societal norms that entrap our present day. She's almost single handedly bringing on a world that is more open and accepting of greater varieties of love that bigots would have you believe is "degenerate" or "harmful to society as we know it". Society is shifting for the better, and it's all thanks to brave souls such as herself for breaking the mold and making the world a better place.
Take your meds please, Rie. Or at least come up with a believable "politically correct" word for inbred that I can laugh at.

It's frustrating because on a base level, I get the logic behind trigger warnings. It's understandable that, say, a war veteran wouldn't want to hear gunshots coming from the TV after years of being shot at, or that a trafficking victim would feel uncomfortable seeing depictions of sexual abuse. The problem is that the early-2010s-tumblr types diluted this down to the most mundane, nonsensical shit where they'd get mad at people not tagging pet pics because they were bitten by a dog as a child and they're litcherally shaking right now - then those people broke containment from tumblr onto Twitter where they started interacting with the actual creatives behind TV and video game production, and that's where we are now.

Top Bottom