"A Fishymancer is like Calli-senpai in Mario Party.. you do nothing and still win"Noir Vesper

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Status
Not open for further replies.

White Stone

A literal white stone
Early Adopter
What's with Bijou's ccv for the Apex collab? Was there some kind of viewbotting? I'm pretty sure there were no other HoloEN streams that could have ended and raided her. The rest of Advent were pretty much done for the night after the watchalong.
1699689618372.png

Trap Supremacy

Your Local Trap (investi)Gator
Early Adopter
What's with Bijou's ccv for the Apex collab? Was there some kind of viewbotting? I'm pretty sure there were no other HoloEN streams that could have ended and raided her. The rest of Advent were pretty much done for the night after the watchalong. View attachment 55384
There was, indeed, botting. /#/ have gone too far.

Stunned But Dumb

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
Kronii streamed so kronii stuff.
-Kronii ended up in Cancun because her parents wanted to go now, it is part of the Valkyrie connect reward, she went with them because she knows they need help with everything.
-The valley girl tweet was because she was on the plane and there were 2 valley girls acting like it was a sitcom, they were 100% bimbo material by the way she described them.
-The issues she had with the rooms was her parent's bathroom was full of shit, they arrived at night so staff couldn't clean it so they stayed at a different room.
-She took her parents to different places like she was their tour guide.
-When she came back to check if they were cleaning the room, the room was still full of shit, so they stayed on her room, then there was a leak on kronii's room so they moved them to another room, so they moved 3 times to different rooms.
-They couldn't fix her room so they upgraded her to a "better" room, the only difference was it was a floor higher, and they also gave her chocolate as a bribe, and made her sign an agreement so she couldn't talk about it on social media, the agreement was because other people used the social media posts to get free things from the hotel after complaining.
-It's supposed to be a 5 star hotel, but it was shit, the "chocolate" was just 4 strawberries dipped in chocolate.
-Kronii and her mom put salsa on their taco, it was actually really spicy so she had to go to a nearby bar to ask for water, they got the tacos from a food truck which was better than the resort food.
-She pet a stray dog, she fell bad for it because she couldn't feed it.
-She got sunburn for the first time.
-She took her parents to zipline and scuba diving. she wanted to get a massage but it costed 800 dollars for some reason.
-meme'd the idea of a shipping list stream for pairing anime characters from anime she "doesn't" watch.

Takodachi

Shared joy is double joy
Early Adopter
Kronii streamed so kronii stuff.
-Kronii ended up in Cancun because her parents wanted to go now, it is part of the Valkyrie connect reward, she went with them because she knows they need help with everything.
-The valley girl tweet was because she was on the plane and there were 2 valley girls acting like it was a sitcom, they were 100% bimbo material by the way she described them.
-The issues she had with the rooms was her parent's bathroom was full of shit, they arrived at night so staff couldn't clean it so they stayed at a different room.
-She took her parents to different places like she was their tour guide.
-When she came back to check if they were cleaning the room, the room was still full of shit, so they stayed on her room, then there was a leak on kronii's room so they moved them to another room, so they moved 3 times to different rooms.
-They couldn't fix her room so they upgraded her to a "better" room, the only difference was it was a floor higher, and they also gave her chocolate as a bribe, and made her sign an agreement so she couldn't talk about it on social media, the agreement was because other people used the social media posts to get free things from the hotel after complaining.
-It's supposed to be a 5 star hotel, but it was shit, the "chocolate" was just 4 strawberries dipped in chocolate.
-Kronii and her mom put salsa on their taco, it was actually really spicy so she had to go to a nearby bar to ask for water, they got the tacos from a food truck which was better than the resort food.
-She pet a stray dog, she fell bad for it because she couldn't feed it.
-She got sunburn for the first time.
-She took her parents to zipline and scuba diving. she wanted to get a massage but it costed 800 dollars for some reason.
-meme'd the idea of a shipping list stream for pairing anime characters from anime she "doesn't" watch.
Cancun is such a shithole and a tourist trap, Its such a shit place to go for a family vacation. Puerto Vallarta is way better.

There are only 2 valid reasons to go to Cancun.
1. the easy women/tourists
2. drugs

DanishCookies

Limkin

It's a DNR tattoo because she's metal as fuck and ready to face the maw of hell (but only if her first responders pass the English proficiency gacha)
I knew she was dumb as fuck, but she proved me I underestimated the levels of mental retardation she has. It would be ignored anyway, it looks ugly as hell, there are places you can't go to if you have a tattoo, and it's a peak "pick me girl" behaviour

Kourai

Not pictured: the will to live
Early Adopter
Archivist
In fairness to Kyo, he wasn't crying about Enna, he was just surprised that she walked into that in such an oblivious fashion. He didn't cry nor launch into an extended explanation, he just tells her not to worry about it after Enna asks him why he's looking like that.

Sure, he could not have reacted at all, but I hardly think that someone growing up in white liberal America being momentarily taken aback is particularly shocking or a personal attack.

Nor was he making fun of Korea. He was, indeed, just making a matter of fact statement.

I'm honestly unclear on how he got the reputation he got. It certainly has remarkably little to do with his own actions.
Sure, Kyo never literally went :kyoracist: to Enna on stream. But since Enna publicly apologised afterwards, what do you think he told her after the stream? If Kyo had applied the same standards as he did yesterday, she probably would have let it just blow over (the wiser option) or doubled down with "People who sound like Kyo, factually, are known as - "

Also, Kyo was intentionally making Chinese jokes about Enna which Enna took in stride, so why should he be shocked at her accidentally walking into racial stereotypes?

View attachment 55228
From here

I think I may remember this? Or not

Well, that's an ominous last tweet. Final like was on something on the 12th too.

Archive of Mito Entertainment's announcement
Archive of Ixora's last tweet on her corpo account

Grim. I'm sure it must have happened before, but this is only the second time I've heard of a corpo losing contact with a talent, the first being Qilou of VirtuaReal. Also, Mito Entertainment is recasting Ixora. KoMETA got backlash for trying to recast Elaine, and that was when they were trying to convince everyone it was Elaine's choice (it probably wasn't, after more info came out). What would fans say about recasting someone who is literally MIA or dead?

Last edited:

WaWa

Stinky Orca gets a figma.

Cute Devil gets a Pop Up Parade

Polka turned out great!

This gives me hope for more indies getting Nendos.

furaibou

鼻血が出るほどいい
Cancun is such a shithole and a tourist trap, Its such a shit place to go for a family vacation. Puerto Vallarta is way better.

There are only 2 valid reasons to go to Cancun.
1. the easy women/tourists
2. drugs
So far, you aren't giving me a persuasive reason to NOT go to Cancun...

MornLurker

Asylum's lurker
Early Adopter
Arurandeisu will be having his 3D birthday celebration stream with other holostars as guests in an hour! Cover may have age-regressed him model wise but he is still one funky pizza (DJ) papa

Rie's stream talking about being a kpop trainee from yesterday was pretty informative, both for Rie lore and a look into the kpop industry. I don't know anything about kpop (and I certainly don't care for the music or talents), but I thought the stream was worth a writeup.

• Rie auditioned and trained in 2017, and spent three months as a full-time trainee, and six months after as a part-time trainee. She gave up idol training to complete the last year of high school, and later mentioned she was a minor at the time. She says she is happy with her efforts, and was happy to have done it for the experience.
  • Her audition was in-person, and had her singing and dancing, but auditions could be online too. The next round was interviews to gauge personality and PR skills and the like.
  • The company that trained her was a mid-tier company, but refused to compare the kpop idol company that she worked with to Phase Connect in terms of size. She tried applying to the larger companies, but was unsuccessful.
  • Here's a typical day in the life of an idol trainee.
    View attachment 55367
    They'd typically get four hours of sleep a day, 1AM to 5AM. If they ever napped, it would be during language lessons.
  • Contact with relatives, social media and so forth are all strictly managed. Talents can't be in contact with males, even relatives or male talents that were trained in the same facilities (they had separate meal times and such)
  • Lessons include singing, dancing, rapping, PR, English (for Koreans) or Korean (for non-Koreans). Rie spent much of her efforts improving her dancing, but did other areas too.
  • Trainees spend six to eight years in training. There's approximately thirty trainees at a time, there might be ten people changed at a time, and everyone is competing for, at most, six or seven slots in a single group.
  • Rie estimated if she kept up with training, she would be debuting in 2025.
  • Trainees get sorted into four groups, depending on their weight. Everyone would be weighed weekly and in front of everyone, and your weight announced in front of everyone. Everyone would diet, and it doesn't matter how thin you were, you could be thinner. Rie didn't mention what group she was in. Trainees typically had one small meal a day, and that meal would be even smaller for the "larger" girls. If you ate your meal too slowly, or you weren't meeting weight goals, other talents and management would bully you. Rie also mentioned that she got body issues from her time there.
  • She spent several months in training, and training is sold as being "free", but it's not. Instead, you have a bill that gets added to when you debut for all your costs - dorm, singing and dancing lessons, and so forth. After debut, you'd also split bills for promoting the kpop group with the company you were with (there is no such thing as indie or independent kpop groups). If you don't pay your debt, you'll have a lot of trouble since kpop companies are so well-connected. Even though Rie didn't debut as a talent, she still had a debt she had to pay off. She says that her debt is completely paid off.
  • Getting plastic surgery was pretty common, and often mandated by management. This explains why talents look different from pre-debut to debut. Rie mentioned getting eyelid surgery, which went on her tab to be paid later.
  • Rie thinks that being a talent might be worth it these days - it's a huge industry, fame can translate outside of that to careers in music or acting and so forth. She also thinks it was worth it for her, since she learnt a lot from her time as a trainee.
  • Some of her cohort went to hospital after training due to trauma of trainee and bullying.
  • Sakana's dungeon was briefly bought up. Apparently they spend a lot of time watching movies before debut.
  • Sakana tried to get the girls into Factorio. It didn't take.
  • Rie implied an idol album might come out for Phase Connect, and it's closer than you'd think.
  • Lastly, and most shocking: reality tv shows based around being a "kpop trainee" are fake.

Lastly, Rie is pretty happy in Phase Connect since she can use her skills without having to punish herself like she would if she was a kpop talent.

All in all, a pretty interesting stream. I'd recommend it.

This lines up with all the recent stories that older kpop idols have spoken up, legit one of them said something like regretting their decision to be a trainee back when they were still a minor because some of them share similar PTSD and depression nowadays. The shittiness of kpop industry has been an open secret since more and more people are being transparent with their experience although it doesn't change the fact that people are still going to rake in cash within the industry because it's such a massive money maker at this point.

niggaphil

Stinky Orca gets a figma.

Cute Devil gets a Pop Up Parade

Polka turned out great!

This gives me hope for more indies getting Nendos.

The most important question is: Does the Chloe figure has the authentic orca smell? :smugselen:

NotDecatto

BREAK GLASS IN CASE OF MENHERA

Mika and Enna plays Cuphead live in 3 hours from this post.

That stream title tho.

DanishCookies

Svarog

Saviorfag
Early Adopter
Ina's "asmr"

I feel dejected

> 40kg
>150cm tall

I M A G I N E
M
A
G
I
N
E
View attachment 55284
At first I was going to write, "see, I told you she was сhink". But then I googled it.
An average Peruvian woman is 152.93cm (5 feet 0.21 inches) tall.
Holy shit, they are small.
But I'm still not 100% sure about it. My chink-meter is reacting to her for some reason.
  • She spent several months in training, and training is sold as being "free", but it's not. Instead, you have a bill that gets added to when you debut for all your costs - dorm, singing and dancing lessons, and so forth. After debut, you'd also split bills for promoting the kpop group with the company you were with (there is no such thing as indie or independent kpop groups). If you don't pay your debt, you'll have a lot of trouble since kpop companies are so well-connected. Even though Rie didn't debut as a talent, she still had a debt she had to pay off. She says that her debt is completely paid off.
  • Getting plastic surgery was pretty common, and often mandated by management. This explains why talents look different from pre-debut to debut. Rie mentioned getting eyelid surgery, which went on her tab to be paid later.
  • Rie thinks that being a talent might be worth it these days - it's a huge industry, fame can translate outside of that to careers in music or acting and so forth. She also thinks it was worth it for her, since she learnt a lot from her time as a trainee.
  • Some of her cohort went to hospital after training due to trauma of trainee and bullying.
After all that abuse and humiliations, when only a few out of hundreds become any kind of success. She still thinks it's worth it. Is this some kind of Stockholm syndrome analogy or something? Or trying to convince herself that it wasn't all for nothing...

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
After all that abuse and humiliations, when only a few out of hundreds become any kind of success. She still thinks it's worth it. Is this some kind of Stockholm syndrome analogy or something? Or trying to convince herself that it wasn't all for nothing...
Rie also said she learnt a lot while she's there, and she's been able to transfer those skills, particularly signing and dancing, into vtubing and Phase Connect. I'd interpret it as Rie trying to find the positives out of a bad situation, and also being really happy where she's at now.

Not-Username

Some of you niggas got called out by cobalt rat

DanishCookies

Oh so this one is a sponsored stream

why are you fuckers hearting this vax propaganda
I hate all of you
I HATE THE ANTICHRIST

Last edited:

Gaotye (bilibili DD)

niggaphil

not jelly managed to secure a wage cuck job offer position. Congrates to her

Status