Duolingo Arab Man: "I am from Japan" La+: "本当に?"

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
No, there's definitely two separate voices when they do Twitter Spaces together.
Well, I gotta admit I have never personally gone to research this whole shitstorm, I mostly just glance over what kuri brings in for us to gossip about, the entire topic has just not been that interesting and I doubt that many people outside of us and maybe some dramafags on twitter even care. I will definitely check out your stream though.

Last edited:

MornLurker

Asylum's lurker
Early Adopter
Y'know, /vt/ is good sometimes.

View attachment 55370
Wished he said this instead so it's just straight up suicide(in Minecraft) and not a week suspension, people deserve an all-year break from him

I...what, no. Why is this a thing? These voices are so wrong to hear.

Edit: Just a weird channel:

It's one of those bizarre channel who likes putting random anime voiceovers that doesn't even match the subtitles provided
Don't ask me why this exist, I didn't know either

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Rie's stream talking about being a kpop trainee from yesterday was pretty informative, both for Rie lore and a look into the kpop industry. I don't know anything about kpop (and I certainly don't care for the music or talents), but I thought the stream was worth a writeup.

• Rie auditioned and trained in 2017, and spent three months as a full-time trainee, and six months after as a part-time trainee. She gave up idol training to complete the last year of high school, and later mentioned she was a minor at the time. She says she is happy with her efforts, and was happy to have done it for the experience.
  • Her audition was in-person, and had her singing and dancing, but auditions could be online too. The next round was interviews to gauge personality and PR skills and the like.
  • The company that trained her was a mid-tier company, but refused to compare the kpop idol company that she worked with to Phase Connect in terms of size. She tried applying to the larger companies, but was unsuccessful.
  • Here's a typical day in the life of an idol trainee.
    1699679083451.png

They'd typically get four hours of sleep a day, 1AM to 5AM. If they ever napped, it would be during language lessons.
  • Contact with relatives, social media and so forth are all strictly managed. Talents can't be in contact with males, even relatives or male talents that were trained in the same facilities (they had separate meal times and such)
  • Lessons include singing, dancing, rapping, PR, English (for Koreans) or Korean (for non-Koreans). Rie spent much of her efforts improving her dancing, but did other areas too.
  • Trainees spend six to eight years in training. There's approximately thirty trainees at a time, there might be ten people changed at a time, and everyone is competing for, at most, six or seven slots in a single group.
  • Rie estimated if she kept up with training, she would be debuting in 2025.
  • Trainees get sorted into four groups, depending on their weight. Everyone would be weighed weekly and in front of everyone, and your weight announced in front of everyone. Everyone would diet, and it doesn't matter how thin you were, you could be thinner. Rie didn't mention what group she was in. Trainees typically had one small meal a day, and that meal would be even smaller for the "larger" girls. If you ate your meal too slowly, or you weren't meeting weight goals, other talents and management would bully you. Rie also mentioned that she got body issues from her time there.
  • She spent several months in training, and training is sold as being "free", but it's not. Instead, you have a bill that gets added to when you debut for all your costs - dorm, singing and dancing lessons, and so forth. After debut, you'd also split bills for promoting the kpop group with the company you were with (there is no such thing as indie or independent kpop groups). If you don't pay your debt, you'll have a lot of trouble since kpop companies are so well-connected. Even though Rie didn't debut as a talent, she still had a debt she had to pay off. She says that her debt is completely paid off.
  • Getting plastic surgery was pretty common, and often mandated by management. This explains why talents look different from pre-debut to debut. Rie mentioned getting eyelid surgery, which went on her tab to be paid later.
  • Rie thinks that being a talent might be worth it these days - it's a huge industry, fame can translate outside of that to careers in music or acting and so forth. She also thinks it was worth it for her, since she learnt a lot from her time as a trainee.
  • Some of her cohort went to hospital after training due to trauma of trainee and bullying.
  • Sakana's dungeon was briefly bought up. Apparently they spend a lot of time watching movies before debut.
  • Sakana tried to get the girls into Factorio. It didn't take.
  • Rie implied an idol album might come out for Phase Connect, and it's closer than you'd think.
  • Lastly, and most shocking: reality tv shows based around being a "kpop trainee" are fake.

Lastly, Rie is pretty happy in Phase Connect since she can use her skills without having to punish herself like she would if she was a kpop talent.

All in all, a pretty interesting stream. I'd recommend it.

frz

What even is the reason for that again, if one's ever been given? Is it some dumb shit like not wanting them to have some kind of evidence in their home to connect who they are in person to the streamer identity or literally just nipfag autism? I'd think at least they'd send them whatever earned play buttons in the event they graduate because that's just some peak gay shit.
Autism from CEO. Probs all of them hang and displayed on the wall of the company hall (or in his office) like some trophy.

The "evidence" shit is what nijifags cope with because they can't find any actual reasonable reason.

I don't think they give the graduates their play button. The decorations are not coming off of the wall. 0 evidence of it and if they did all the graduates wouldn't be complaining about it after they join Vhoe.

You think the girls/boys earned their play button, Riku thinks the girls/boys are borrowing his youtube channels. It's a difference in perspective. :smugselen:

Stunned But Dumb

uwu_to_owo built a remote controlled gun and is having a vtuber I haven't heard of named soymilk shoot it at him using the remote

Edit: She has successfully executed uwu and Brazil

Last edited:

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population
Don't ask me why this exist, I didn't know either
negro, do you even internet?

Rie's stream talking about being a kpop trainee from yesterday was pretty informative, both for Rie lore and a look into the kpop industry. I don't know anything about kpop (and I certainly don't care for the music or talents), but I thought the stream was worth a writeup.

• Rie auditioned and trained in 2017, and spent three months as a full-time trainee, and six months after as a part-time trainee. She gave up idol training to complete the last year of high school, and later mentioned she was a minor at the time. She says she is happy with her efforts, and was happy to have done it for the experience.
  • Her audition was in-person, and had her singing and dancing, but auditions could be online too. The next round was interviews to gauge personality and PR skills and the like.
  • The company that trained her was a mid-tier company, but refused to compare the kpop idol company that she worked with to Phase Connect in terms of size. She tried applying to the larger companies, but was unsuccessful.
    View attachment 55367
    They'd typically get four hours of sleep a day, 1AM to 5AM. If they ever napped, it would be during language lessons.
  • Contact with relatives, social media and so forth are all strictly managed. Talents can't be in contact with males, even relatives or male talents that were trained in the same facilities (they had separate meal times and such)
  • Lessons include singing, dancing, rapping, PR, English (for Koreans) or Korean (for non-Koreans). Rie spent much of her efforts improving her dancing, but did other areas too.
  • Trainees spend six to eight years in training. There's approximately thirty trainees at a time, there might be ten people changed at a time, and everyone is competing for, at most, six or seven slots in a single group.
  • Trainees get sorted into four groups, depending on their weight. Everyone would be weighed weekly and in front of everyone, and your weight announced in front of everyone. Everyone would diet, and it doesn't matter how thin you were, you could be thinner. Rie didn't mention what group she was in. Trainees typically had one small meal a day, and that meal would be even smaller for the "larger" girls. If you ate your meal too slowly, or you weren't meeting weight goals, other talents and management would bully you. Rie also mentioned that she got body issues from her time there.
  • She spent several months in training, and training is sold as being "free", but it's not. Instead, you have a bill that gets added to when you debut for all your costs - dorm, singing and dancing lessons, and so forth. After debut, you'd also split bills for promoting the kpop group with the company you were with (there is no such thing as indie or independent kpop groups). If you don't pay your debt, you'll have a lot of trouble since kpop companies are so well-connected. Even though Rie didn't debut as a talent, she still had a debt she had to pay off. She says that her debt is completely paid off.
  • Getting plastic surgery was pretty common, and often mandated by management. This explains why talents look different from pre-debut to debut. Rie mentioned getting eyelid surgery, which went on her tab to be paid later.
  • Rie thinks that being a talent might be worth it these days - it's a huge industry, fame can translate outside of that to careers in music or acting and so forth. She also thinks it was worth it for her, since she learnt a lot from her time as a trainee.
  • Some of her cohort went to hospital after training due to trauma of trainee and bullying.
  • Sakana's dungeon was briefly bought up. Apparently they spend a lot of time watching movies before debut.
  • Rie implied an idol album might come out for Phase Connect, and it's closer than you'd think.
  • Lastly, and most shocking: reality tv shows based around being a "kpop trainee" are fake.

Lastly, Rie is pretty happy in Phase Connect since she can use her skills without having to punish herself like she would if she was a kpop talent.

Fucking hell that's some cult/military shit right there. You need to be some sort of masochist psycho to endure all that shit, mad respect to rie. Also idol album???!!!! :Vesper-SEEEX!::Vesper-SEEEX!::Vesper-SEEEX!::Vesper-SEEEX!::Vesper-SEEEX!::Vesper-SEEEX!:

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
negro, do you even internet?

Fucking hell that's some cult/military shit right there. You need to be some sort of masochist psycho to endure all that shit, mad respect to rie. Also idol album???!!!! :Vesper-SEEEX!::Vesper-SEEEX!::Vesper-SEEEX!::Vesper-SEEEX!::Vesper-SEEEX!::Vesper-SEEEX!:

The military is actually better than Kpop idol training, military recruits get three solid meals a day instead of one or less. Oh, and instead of finding comrades-in-arms that you'd trust your life with, you're competing against people that would drag you down and bully you for the smallest chance to climb over you to get a kpop role over you.

The idol album makes sense, when you think about it: he has a bunch of talents constantly practicing their singing online and at karaokes, and doing both covers and original songs. It's also a good point of differentiation from other vtubing companies. There's no reason not to put that effort into an easily-shipped piece of merchandise like an album.

masterstocking

Dogs are forever in the push-up position
Early Adopter
Finally, we don't have to struggle to understand the HoloJewel! There is now a handy emotional guide so that you can guess by a mere glance how she is feeling at any moment:

Biboo emotion guide by @Alpha_Cas_art.jpg

:D can have so many subtleties, who knew?

weaponized rock by @PhdPigeon.jpg

This expression...will require more research. Stay tuned.

Kyouko

Vanitas vanitatum

Belle Delphine's Armpit

🎨🐿️🔮🧟‍♀🦚🍂📜🔨☔

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population
Damn what happened here

autism/age regression
the lengths bitches will go to justify being immature cunts holy shit man :NOWWELAUGH:
I've met some niggas with developmental issues and those people won't be able to hold a fucking job let alone tweet a storm over a comment, this bitch is just a whiny bitch.

niggaphil

I stand with Lia.

Coming from Lia who is a degenerate that wants to fuck an animatronic bear.....

Oh wait, it is a bear, doesn't it means Lia wanna get fucked by furry? :smugselen:

Takodachi

Shared joy is double joy
Early Adopter
the lengths bitches will go to justify being immature cunts holy shit man :NOWWELAUGH:
I've met some niggas with developmental issues and those people won't be able to hold a fucking job let alone tweet a storm over a comment, this bitch is just a whiny bitch.
women (2).png

Stunned But Dumb

Finally, we don't have to struggle to understand the HoloJewel! There is now a handy emotional guide so that you can guess by a mere glance how she is feeling at any moment:

I'm of the opinion she has no other facial expression toggles. No I will not go check to make sure. You know, I've always said Myth is my favorite group, but the more I watch them the more I kind of adore Advent. For the first time in three years, I'm starting to shift. They just work so well together.

Yeah, I hate to be mean, but I couldn't help but wonder "why would you ever feel the need to post this?" until I got to the end of the tweet. I don't know what kind of beef these two have going on and I don't know or care to look at the rest of what Mari said, but she's probably right just off of this tweet alone and nothing else.

niggaphil

Accurate representation of my latino wife who try to chat with me when I am chilling :smugselen:

Archive

Lurker Throwaway

❄🐮⛓🔅📕💢🔩🎩🦅️🧸🫧🏹🦖🦊🦈🎨🍹️♾️🐧🎇🐍🪶🎴⚗️🐸

frz

Autism from CEO. Probs all of them hang and displayed on the wall of the company hall (or in his office) like some trophy.

The "evidence" shit is what nijifags cope with because they can't find any actual reasonable reason.

I don't think they give the graduates their play button. The decorations are not coming off of the wall. 0 evidence of it and if they did all the graduates wouldn't be complaining about it after they join Vhoe.

You think the girls/boys earned their play button, Riku thinks the girls/boys are borrowing his youtube channels. It's a difference in perspective. :smugselen:
Extra bonus:

Apparently they got a decoration room and Riku totally did not klepto one of the talent's play button.

If they are that austistic about not letting the talent keeping them, set up a fucking room just for decoration, really doubt there're 0 camera in the office and noone monitoring the room. So....

Last edited:

SpaceCrow

View attachment 55367

This is some intense shit. This goes way outside of VTubing and is one of the rare times this place has given me something "real" to chew on. Korea must really value its cultural media product that is "KPop." Sad, because it appears to me as Western boyband mania inverted into Asian females for lonely young men...and maybe women?

This is also the first time someone has shown me a reason to care about Rie. Anyone who has gone through this entertainment-commodity cult boot camp is instantly more interesting to me.

Also further proof that, despite how much I dislike him, Kyo is correct. Worst Korea is obsessed with plastic surgery and superficiality.

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
Thanks for the recap man! I was unfortunately really busy right when the stream started so this really helps!

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Thanks for the recap man! I was unfortunately really busy right when the stream started so this really helps!
Well, if you get around to watching Rie's stream, let me know if there's anything I should correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom