"Moona... my butt is hot"Usada Pekora

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DelusionTree

Early Adopter
What is even fish's vision? Just do what works?
Until now his company just goes on track by 1. being edgy and 2. not being terrible, but is he trying to go anywhere?
Hes in it for the long term has joked with the girls about hiring their future daughters in 20 years.
Fish is a holofan and at least originally wanted to emulate them, so idols.

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter
Until now his company just goes on track by 1. being edgy and 2. not being terrible, but is he trying to go anywhere?
Same as Gabens. Doing shit slowly and incrementally because ventures are risky as fuck. This is why he was really hesitant with wonderai back then and this is why it took him 3 years to try expand overseas. Unless he has financial pillow and enough leverage, he aint doing it, unless somebody else does it for him, and preferably for free.

Clown Penis

Dizzy "Elf Pride Worldwide" Dokuro
Early Adopter

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population
I don't know if this is a bit or if she's fucked. I hope it's a bit because that sounds fucking terrible.

By vision I mean "where does he want to be in 5 years?" and "what does he want to focus on?".

Yagoo for example has very clearly set his vision: More events, further EN expansion, metaverse bullshit, exploratory projects, all drenched in an idol coating.
He did try the idol shit with the wonderverse guy but I don't think it took off and it was pretty scuffed too. He also tried live performance for offkai and he had to endure a retard butchering the audio of his alien idol. I think he's actually building enough of a foundation to try the 3d performances without bankrupting the company. He's an autist but he knows how to run a business, with the current lineup if none of the girls pull a rushia or quit I think we may see an attempt at a live show next year or maybe this year but something small.

roktofferson

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
From what he has talked about, Idolshit, for the most part a large chunk of the women in the company are fantastic singers or have been grinding to be good like pippa, Jelly also is a music producer that has gotten songs in rhythm games

He seems dead set on being Idols since he is seemingly a big macross fan that also likes Marine, so thats probably his vision although he has kept it close to his chest, but Phase does pump out a suprising amount of music, even in the JP side
Hes in it for the long term has joked with the girls about hiring their future daughters in 20 years.
Fish is a holofan and at least originally wanted to emulate them, so idols.
Seems kinda confused tbh, I'd think with the amount of EDGE he's got he'd go for a more "regular streamers" approach. Do you think he will ever try to sanitize the content? Specially to appeal to a more normie(larger) audience?

masterstocking

Dogs are forever in the push-up position
Early Adopter
DANCE!

KiarIna dance by @DDOLBANG11.gif

a

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Seems kinda confused tbh, I'd think with the amount of EDGE he's got he'd go for a more "regular streamers" approach. Do you think he will ever try to sanitize the content? Specially to appeal to a more normie(larger) audience?
many have thought he would've done this from the start or around the time Pippa got attention from the bloodsports rejects, but it doesnt seem like it would happen soon, Pippa's content has stabilized to not touch the poop as much as it did, most of the women while not seiso or crude still have a joke about war crimes or fujo shit, so its not just Pippa being a focal point of edge, i think if the market did come to heavily reject the edge, Pippa can pivot from edgy content or not rely on it since she does have alot of geniune talent and hard work with anything she could do, hopefully not in a faggy way though

I think the wider community has shown that whatever boundries Phase is pushing doesnt attract outrage that actually would affect the bottom line, as a good chunk of them are pretty schizo, i think there is some overlap in the phase haters and people that keep wanting to cancel mori for saying nigga, for example

Last edited:

DelusionTree

Early Adopter
Fish never wanted the edge, he only accepted it because it gets numbers and he's not very strict.
All the girls are more aware about it now and at least try not to go too edgy.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
If the goal is to do paid 3D concerts eventually, I don't think they really need to sanitize anything. A bunch of song and dance numbers aren't going to rustle feathers.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

MagicHammer

I'm sure some kind of 3D event is probably already in the works at Phase, I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being the main event at OffKai this year. Lumi mentioned that Sakana was looking into bulk commissioning 3D models for everyone last year and Panko revealed she received a package with mocap stuff in it a few months back. On top of that you have nearly every talent dropping the coy 'wow wouldn't it be crazy if WE had 3D one day?' line suspiciously often.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
I think lots of people overestimate the hatred Phase gets or how edgy the women were, Pippa had her moments but she has seemed to realize that touching the poop too much with more edgy creators like the farms, rekeita, or ralph, wouldnt be good for the rep of phase, and i dont think most of their good content even relies that heavily on being edgy.
I think some of Pippa's better streams have to do with her actually being into whatever little autism topic she has or having a very neatly structured but out of the box thing like the A.I stream that birthed FLAVR, or something retarded but entertaining like Pippossum. Plus, in spite of her autism, she has great energy in collabs where she just gets people like Kirsche, Tenma, Lumi and Lisa.
Plus, like i said before, i do think most of the hardcore Phase hatred is either 1. /vt/ or discordfag tier 2. Tourist twitter fags that hate the rest of the scene anyways. Some of the wider scene does have a respect for Pippa, even big shots like Mori or Fauna have given very slight but still noticeable nods at her. Phase even got a fucking HoloID/ENstars collab barely a month ago

shipmate_F

menhera addicted sister
Pipproject Producer
I'd say Fishman got good intent but no skill enough behind it, I open PhaseJP streams and most of Clara's viewership is still EN and you see a lot of people trying on loli Rushia and the ASMR hag, I know it's hard but maybe he needed more backstage work.
For example: why aren't the PhaseJP girls collabing with smaller/average sized JP streamers? He could hit ReAct at the debut peak, but for now he could aim just for NoriPro or 774. You need to spread names first and foremost, growing organically in current year is much harder because well stablished communities are around for a longer time and people hate change.

Koronesuki

X-Potato
most of the women while not seiso or crude still have a joke about war crimes or fujo shit
I don't know, but if he wants to copy Hololive (warts and all), it sounds like he might be doing a better job of it than I thought.

Laidho

Avalon's Most Wanted
From what he has talked about, Idolshit, for the most part a large chunk of the women in the company are fantastic singers or have been grinding to be good like pippa, Jelly also is a music producer that has gotten songs in rhythm games

He seems dead set on being Idols since he is seemingly a big macross fan that also likes Marine, so thats probably his vision. Although he has kept it close to his chest, but Phase does pump out a suprising amount of music, even in the JP side
Yup, from what I know, Sakana explicitly wants singers. It wouldn't surprise me if one of his goals is to hold a concert in the near future.

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
We're gonna' become idols, man. We're going to fix everybody up and turn them into idols -Fishman

Timestamp (coincidentally leads into the famous "If Tenma doesn't talk, she's the perfect idol" quote and the aftermath of that):

Things do seem to be progressing a bit slow, for sure. While some of it seems to be calculated to make sure they get it right, there's also much of it outside of their control. They even talk about this later on in this interview when someone also brings up a music budget for Michiru. The money is there for it, but there's a lot more that goes into it than just recording the song a lot of the time. Just as he said, the biggest delay is normally in the art because, as he also said, artists are prone to "getting sick". Probably why Uruka's goal of releasing a new original every month was dead in the water immediately.

Timestamp:

But then you look at Lumi, for example. She puts out covers more frequently than almost all, if not all, of the other Phase girls. One of the big reasons is probably because she doesn't put out that many fancy music videos. It's just her model, her singing, and maybe some nice backgrounds and filters. If you look at the credits, most of the time, she does everything. For some of them, she'll get someone to do the mixing. So she's not really waiting on people to do things. It's usually just on her. Would definitely speed up the process for the rest of them to do something similar at times, or maybe look into releasing albums/EPs (I'm sure some probably are doing this), instead of fancy music videos all the time, but it is what it is.

And speaking of Lumi, she claimed that, hopefully, some 3D might be rolling out later this year or early next year. All dependent on the artists, I'm sure.

It's definitely an uphill battle, but thankfully, Phase has somehow wrangled all these women to at least be happy enough to stay in the company and try to contribute to his goals and build up the company. They've been doing great with what they have, so hopefully a little more patience will pay off.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
I'd say Fishman got good intent but no skill enough behind it, I open PhaseJP streams and most of Clara's viewership is still EN and you see a lot of people trying on loli Rushia and the ASMR hag, I know it's hard but maybe he needed more backstage work.
For example: why aren't the PhaseJP girls collabing with smaller/average sized JP streamers? He could hit ReAct at the debut peak, but for now he could aim just for NoriPro or 774. You need to spread names first and foremost, growing organically in current year is much harder because well stablished communities are around for a longer time and people hate change.
On a slight counterpoint, i think he has a decent idea with having Clara be JP who can also handle being EN ala Coco, i hope he can leverage that actual talent to make the EN and JP branches as buddy buddy as HoloEN and JP are

naganon

#1 Hexa Fan
Hexa is live supporting capitalism with Supermarket Simulator.

Horo7618

No one in particular
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom