"(Does chat creep you out?) never. Do you know how many times I had to bring up armpits before they started to ‘get it’? Their libidos are shot, I’m telling you. This is why I had to grow breasts- for their sakes"Mozumi Pichi

DEV_IS Discussion/Debut Thread

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

So, it appears they've hard nerfed the "Ludwig Raid" for super charging a video. Kanade's cover is sitting at 24k views after 2 hours. It raided 100k CCV stream into the video. That's unfortunate. Also kind of dumb by YT, but what else is new.

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist
30 minutes seems a lil rushed, maybe try 45 minutes as a middle ground next time.
Advent figured a lot of things out just right.

45 min debuts, just enough that they don't have to rush or fill time.
Just enough of an intro video not to get killed by the sub-crushing algo.
Teaser was hype without going overboard on lore or drawing things out.
Two day with relay timing, granted everyone's done this since HoloX and Tempus.

La+ de Central Norte

General of the second army commanded by Gozaru
Well for now i only liked The girl that plays the recorder the other are just not for me and the last one sounds like a Younger Choco

Poyoyo & Jill

KAWAYO
Well for now i only liked The girl that plays the recorder the other are just not for me and the last one sounds like a Younger Choco
And thats a problem why? You niggas and everyone in General dont appreciate Choco enough. Im happy with more Chocos, waiting for tomorrow

Limkin

And thats a problem why? You niggas and everyone in General dont appreciate Choco enough. Im happy with more Chocos, waiting for tomorrow
I don't want to get banned. That's why I don't talk about her. And some other vtubers I enjoy

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL
Advent figured a lot of things out just right.

45 min debuts, just enough that they don't have to rush or fill time.
Just enough of an intro video not to get killed by the sub-crushing algo.
Teaser was hype without going overboard on lore or drawing things out.
Two day with relay timing, granted everyone's done this since HoloX and Tempus.
Hmmm. I think that if anyone replicated this formula 1000 times there would be 1000 different results. YT algo is so complex it's closer to magic then technology.

Anyways, I am even more hyped for tomorrow and Korone and Okayu are doing the watch along!

Art

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
People seem to be guessing Ao is Akura Yuuhi:
https://.youtube.com/channel/UCH6ghWyZRLnXig_OVHF0HMw (main and wiped channel)
https://youtube.com/@akura_clipping/videos (clipper)
Song:

Also known as Toba (?) Kohaku 鳥羽こはく

Also known as 化野ゆらり (Adashino Yurari):

Archive

Edit: more pictures including art she has drawn.

Archive
Archive 2

Album:

Last edited:

Poyoyo & Jill

KAWAYO

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL

The Rrat

Early Adopter
This is definitely Ririka. Hoju Rura 宝珠るら:

Horo7618

No one in particular
1694277844816.png

The Rrat

Early Adopter
More bickering between Astel and Ao

"Isn't Ao-kun so PON?"
"Thanks for watching! This is a gift 😄🥛 Help yourself"
:SelenHAHAhere:

Kazuma

Early Adopter

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
Oh shit the debuts happened?

That means its Gura's time to shine, FUCK YEAH

Negzana

VTuberBobDole

I wasn't going to wake up at ~6am or whatever it was for this, so I'm catching up on the debuts now and trying to read the comments here along with them in "real-time"...

Most discussion I see on X about DEV_IS is that most women wants to fuck the blue one.

Her voice is nice and calming lol she is literally that cool "prince" upper classman girl that all the freshmen girls swoon over at an all female school. This branch being obviously targeted at women is prob why all the unicorns are mad lol

Yeah this group is definitely targeted for the women
The actual F demographic

Ao: Sadly exactly as predicted. Low, smooth voice who's practically a male, but not quite (even had to clarify in her debut that she was in fact a girl and it isn't a mixed-gender gen). As others have said, I can see her as the not-boy insert character in an all girls school anime, who all the other characters fall in lust with bc otherwise it would be too lesbian. I'd be fine with it, but that seems to pull all the lesbian fujoshi out of the woodwork, and she seems to be pandering too it a bit much with the press conference etc. (So many "I'm not gay, but..." from females and "If this is a male, I may be gay..." from males in twitter comments, etc. before debut...) Easy skip and burn her chat with fire. Kind of funny seeing the knee-jerk reactions from you guys after watching 1/5 of the debuts that suddenly this must be the branch "for women". Of course they are going to want diversify in their talents and branch out, try to find new audiences and not pull from the other talents' fans as much, so no surprise they'd go this route for at least one of them. She'll pull in the fujoshi without fully committing to the Niji-male method, keeping the non-Stars side clean. But not getting any similar vibe from any of the others. That being said, if they do operate as an idol unit though and put out a lot of group music, her voice will be good for low parts and as contrast for others' higher pitched voices.

Her birthday is 4/20 :BijouBijou:

Kanade: I'm surprised they let the 4/20 bday slide, considering how anti-drugs, including mamajuana, JP is. The manager who let her pick that bday must have completely missed the implications. I wonder if she knew...? Either way, the EN side is going to beat that into the ground... Anyway, I wasn't expecting to get much out of her based on design and initial reactions, but I really liked her. Cute with cute voice, lots of energy, enjoys puns and shitposting. Also she seems to know english pretty well and is very open to using her passion english! Her singing of the bakemono song at the end and her cover are great too, looking forward to more of her music!

Well, Kronii has her Ribbon; Ririka has her Frills

Well, her rigger is definitely Brian Tsuii, alright, given the bounce of her, uhh, shirt frills.

Ririka: Nice intro, reminds me of Koyori who had a self-made/sung cute intro right out of the gate that was an ear-worm. But then she went straight in to being the horny one with the BDSM art and promise of an NSFW art tag. Seems really genki/energetic and a bit all over the place, especially with the death game thing she tried to do, but she's got the spirit. Still really like her design (red hair enjoyer) and model, though the boob physics are too bouncy. She is basically the only non-pettan in the gen, but still not that well endowed as to have them be floating around that much. It's kind of distracting, and not in a "good" way. Reminds me of extra "emphasis" of Kronii's physics. (Reading your guys' comment, you eem to agree. Is that the same rigger as Kronii then too?) Her animated picture at the end again really playing in to the big booba thing, when her character sheet doesn't really show that. Her debut cover is King, a vtuber staple, so not much to say about it but I liked her voice/singing so it will be another to keep an ear out for her music.

With those three I get even less the point of dev_is

Holoniji? A LESS idols branch? A idol slice of life branch?!

Maybe the Collab gives more info

Edit: also a koyori stream schedule

General impressions: So far their debuts seem extremely normal. Not that is a bad thing, but is someone going to explain why they are a whole new branch or what makes them special/different? Seems like they could easily just be HoloJP gen 7 as they aren't differentiating themselves. So far I've just watched the 3 individual debuts and not the collab, so maybe they'll talk about it there when they have them together? On to that next...

VTuberBobDole

I hope they tone down the bounciness eventually, I would like to not have my eyes automatically move down all the time without my control

Agreed. But it won't happen until she gets a model update or maybe with a new outfit, depending how it's rigged. But just seems to be one of the MO of Brian's rigging I guess.

For all the English tweets and "kaigainiki friendly" Ririka seemed before stream; Kanade was WAY easier to follow.
Also, not Beryl LOL

Yeah I forgot to mention that too, but was kind of disappointed that Ririka didn't play into it more. From the twitter interactions, Ririka seemed like she would be the most EN friendly, but she only made one brief comment about EN chatters. Kanade seems like she will be much better in that regard and she speaks it well too, with less of the JP accent on it. But it is only their debut, and very fast-paced ones at that, so still lots of time for one or the other to lean into it if they want.

(Wrapping up. Sorry for the double post but the last one was already pretty long, so I didn't want to make it even longer.)
I watched the collab of the 3 now and still not shedding any light on why DEV_IS is a separate branch or anything. Just them BSing about their debuts and such. Maybe they'll address it tomorrow in the whole gen collab? Starting to think maybe not though, the way they are going, they are just going to leave it hanging...

Horo7618

No one in particular
Ao: Sadly exactly as predicted. Low, smooth voice who's practically a male, but not quite (even had to clarify in her debut that she was in fact a girl and it isn't a mixed-gender gen). As others have said, I can see her as the not-boy insert character in an all girls school anime, who all the other characters fall in lust with bc otherwise it would be too lesbian. I'd be fine with it, but that seems to pull all the lesbian fujoshi out of the woodwork, and she seems to be pandering too it a bit much with the press conference etc.
Gonna disagree with this. Honestly? Ao was fine - she's playing into a trope, sure, but nothing about it appeared to be intended to be taken particularly seriously, and I think most of what you'll see from the JP side is folks playing along. The xitteratti will take it much too seriously of course, but fuck them basically....

Last edited:

Limkin

But why though

At least this one isn't degenerate

Top Bottom