"Germany is starting to coalesce in my mind with the UK, like the UK isn't even a real place anymore, it's like a far away distant dystopia; All the people with the funny bad teeth are on another island; The fucking mayor of Cologne is literally like 'well, if you don't want to get raped, then don't leave your house!' are you serious?"Kirschey

Banter/Off-topic Thread & Community Stoning Platform

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
/vt/ is having it's periodic soccer (or "divegrass") CPU vs CPU league. I just want to point out Ember's model for it from the Phase team:
I'm afraid /pcg/ let everyone down. Against /#/ of all teams.

Edit: NijiEN still has Pomu and fucking Selen on the team, lol

After seeing Selen's defending, I now support her being bullied.

Last edited:

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
How does this thread keep getting worse

• I am intensely curious about why the 'latinx' word is still used in public discourse when the majority of LATAMS I have met would rather be called slurs than it. If anyone can culturally enrich me on this topic, I'm interested in discussing it live on stream sometime.

How does this website keep getting worse

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
The bigger question is why do you keep reading it.
I'm not sure I can fully disclose the details of me reading this thread. You are gonna have to catch me in a moment for when I am fully unprepared for such a question.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
@The Proctor

Spanish is a gendered language. This means that all nouns have a gender. The word Latinx is an astroturfed attempt by the alphabet people to change how Spanish works so people aren't referred to as male or female (Latino and Latina), and you can use that as a spearhead to make all nouns not be referred to by gender.

Now, I don't claim to be speaking on behalf of any LATAM, or even have more than cursory knowledge of Spanish, but I could hazard a guess as to why they'd be pissed: having the Satanic-worshipping degenerates of the alphabet brigade attempt to change the language of more conservative and devout Spanish-speaking groups probably isn't winning people over.

Topo Chico

@The Proctor
History: DEI-tier-AFWL's and Jews felt they needed a term for the poor poor shitskins and calling them what they were (Hispanic, Latino/Latina, Mexican, or whatever) was bad because it was either 1) racist, 2) not gender inclusive.

This can be tied closely to the euphemism treadmill concept for obvious reasons. The main difference is that no one really wants to use it, as you noted. This shock from Whites and "whites" about Hispanics not wanting on the treadmill is due to their negative in group preference and the Hispanics high level on ingroup preference. Put simply, shitskins are proud of being shitskins and don't need, or want, a new term to make them feel equal (or better) compared to Whites in the West.

It's true roots could be traced to the various adaptions of marxism from the mid-20th century with all the critical theories that it birthed. But that's way too long of a conversation. It's all just cringe and gay. Give it 20 years though, and you'll have all the gen alpha's sperging hard if they aren't referred to by the appropriate future version of Latinx.

naganon

#1 Hexa Fan
@The Proctor
History: DEI-tier-AFWL's and Jews felt they needed a term for the poor poor shitskins and calling them what they were (Hispanic, Latino/Latina, Mexican, or whatever) was bad because it was either 1) racist, 2) not gender inclusive.

This can be tied closely to the euphemism treadmill concept for obvious reasons. The main difference is that no one really wants to use it, as you noted. This shock from Whites and "whites" about Hispanics not wanting on the treadmill is due to their negative in group preference and the Hispanics high level on ingroup preference. Put simply, shitskins are proud of being shitskins and don't need, or want, a new term to make them feel equal (or better) compared to Whites in the West.

It's true roots could be traced to the various adaptions of marxism from the mid-20th century with all the critical theories that it birthed. But that's way too long of a conversation. It's all just cringe and gay. Give it 20 years though, and you'll have all the gen alpha's sperging hard if they aren't referred to by the appropriate future version of Latinx.
In short, it's the Jews fault. Like always.

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter
@the_prostate white women who want to feel special and people of soy replacing their entire personality with leftardism have taken it upon themselves to force their ugly language mutations via repetition. Basically, another attempt by eternal anglo at cultural colonization now that the demon feels its grip on the world slowly waning.

Also, as said above, jews.

Also also, you can literally ask sawa or gini.

Last edited:

Topo Chico

I'm borderline illiterate and forgot to answer the central question, as I was too busy explaining the history. It's still used because as a White you cannot DARE to potentially offend someone--not only now--but in the future too if it's written, who isn't White. So, it's not in vogue now, but it will be, and if you want to keep your job in X and you want to refer to your betters, you use the right term as defined by leftists in academia. They've settled on Latinx, they don't actually care if shitskins like it or not, it's what they are now. The truest of believers will continue to use it out of faith or fear.
:botanshrug:

Koronesuki

X-Potato
LatinX sounds like it would be the title of an X-Men spin-off set in Latin America.

shipmate_F

menhera addicted sister
Pipproject Producer
Supporting the concept of "latinx" as a latino self-reports as either young and stupid or a pig bootlicker, thankfully I've only seen vermintide going for it and I hope it stays that way, got enough problems already.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
@The Proctor

Spanish is a gendered language. This means that all nouns have a gender. The word Latinx is an astroturfed attempt by the alphabet people to change how Spanish works so people aren't referred to as male or female (Latino and Latina), and you can use that as a spearhead to make all nouns not be referred to by gender.

Now, I don't claim to be speaking on behalf of any LATAM, or even have more than cursory knowledge of Spanish, but I could hazard a guess as to why they'd be pissed: having the Satanic-worshipping degenerates of the alphabet brigade attempt to change the language of more conservative and devout Spanish-speaking groups probably isn't winning people over.
To add to this: They don't just hate the word "latino", like restless said, our entire language is gendered, so gender-neutral shit doesn't work, their end goal is to destroy the language as a whole. Also another fun thing, in spanish the male version of a word is always used when talking about a group with males and females or only males, while the female word is only used for groups of only females (ie: Niños(masculine)=Boys/kids, Niñas(femenine)=girls) they hate that too.
Supporting the concept of "latinx" as a latino self-reports as either young and stupid or a pig bootlicker, thankfully I've only seen vermintide going for it and I hope it stays that way, got enough problems already.
Few actual latinos actually support the message bullshit, mostly young rich kids who've gone to college. The ones who push this bullshit the most are spaniards (cucked by yuro mentality and utopian society), chicanos (second-generation beaners living in the US who can't even speak spanish) and whites who try to virtue signal with it but then also screech at any actual spic telling them that we do not give a single solitary fuck.

@The Proctor
In all honestly latino culture is a lot more racist and judgmental than the US, different ethnicities and nationalities will insult each other (some of which you can see in this forum) but it's often harmless poking and prodding. Asians will get called "chino" (chink), fat kids get called "gordito" (fattie), if you look kinda gay you get called "pato" or "fresa" or whichever other half-insult people can come up with.

What I'm getting at is that people here are much less offended by bullshit, which probably comes from having actual issues rather than made up ones. I have always liked to say that latinos hate each other, but they hate the gringos (whitey) a lot more. I honestly have a lot more respect for republicans than democrats, at least the old farts who come here in vacation actually have some appreciation for the countries they visit, they aren't just some schizoid shills who live in their college campus studying journalism and screeching at people in twitter, using other groups of people as disposable weapons. All gringos look down on latin countries, that's a given and part of their culture as a large and prosperous country, but I much prefer the people who are honest and fair about it than the fucking snakes who pretend to give a shit.

It really became apparent to me how things work when the Chilean president tried to force this retarded new constitution which was all sorts of commie bullshit and neo-liberal nonsense, the people of Chile obviously rejected it, and that's all fine and good. What ISN'T fine and good is the people on Twitter (mostly white liberals from the US) screeching and ranting about it and calling it a "failure of democracy" or claiming that "the people are brainwashed".

It's really FUCKING DISGUSTING, for these vermin to bang the drum of acceptance and equality on a daily basis, but then turn around and act like the Chilean people, voting in a democratic election in one of the most advanced countries in the americas, are so fucking retarded that they can't make their own choices about how they want their primary legal code to work and define the values of their country. It absolutely appalls me that people can view other humans as such impotent savage beasts, it is more racist than any litany of slurs coming from a skinhead.

This is why we latinos hate "latinx", because we know it's just a goddamn insult, from people who do not give a shit about the language or the culture and just want to use a whole continent's worth of people with their own hopes and dreams and daily issues to promote some idiotic political ideology.

Last edited:

God's Strongest Dragoon

The ones who push this bullshit the most are spaniards (cucked by yuro mentality and utopian society)
That's half true. Spain is very politically divided as there are literal commies pushing this shit while a chunk of their population unironically miss Franco and still sing "El Generalísimo".

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO
That's half true. Spain is very politically divided as there are literal commies pushing this shit while a chunk of their population unironically miss Franco and still sing "El Generalísimo".
This
(Also you know quite a lot about Spain Bravo!)

My favorite Franco Song

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Franco is possibly the chillest dictator ever, the dude just gave up and resigned from absolute power. Meanwhile the ETA were domestic terrorists and killed a bunch of innocent people but franco is somehow literally hitler.

God's Strongest Dragoon

Franco is possibly the chillest dictator ever, the dude just gave up and resigned from absolute power. Meanwhile the ETA were domestic terrorists and killed a bunch of innocent people but franco is somehow literally hitler.
It's because he showed that fascism can work and didn't get the Mussolini treatment. He ruled for nearly 40 years, accepted he was wrong about his economic policies and changed his policies, which resulted in a huge economic boom (The Spanish Miracle) that pushed Spain from a country devastated by civil war into a rapidly industrializing economy with a huge tourism industry. Then he kept his promise and casually handed back power to the monarchy as he retired peacefully.

Commies eternally seethe about him.

naganon

#1 Hexa Fan

ScarletCorrupt

Awawawawa (derogatory)
Another day without Hexa... :fishmandispair:
Last time Pippa went on break we all killed some children. Maybe go punt some TikTokers to keep your mind occupied?

Stunned But Dumb

Last time Pippa went on break we all killed some children. Maybe go punt some TikTokers to keep your mind occupied?
You guys also created an AI of Reticule, so I don't think the Pippa thread is always a good example of what to do when your oshi takes a vacation

ScarletCorrupt

Awawawawa (derogatory)
You guys also created an AI of Reticule, so I don't think the Pippa thread is always a good example of what to do when your oshi takes a vacation
My sin of ever comparing him to AI eats at me to this day... please don't remind me :fishmandispair:

Top Bottom