"What's a 'bed sheet'?"Sakamata Chloe

Timeless moments

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick
I saw some posts about America versus Europe in another thread, and I thought, "If Europeans want to learn about America they can watch this video!"

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
Near the end of her 100K celebration stream, Tenma watched a video made by her clipper NotTheo compiling her reaching various milestones in her career, including her debut, getting membership, and different subscriber counts. It was a very nice video and it hit Tenma really hard in the feels and made her cry. She thanked everyone a lot while saying how grateful she was that people gave her a chance. It was a very wholesome segment.

On a personal level, I was very happy to see her finally hit 100k because not only was she my gateway into becoming a Phase fan, she was the reason I transitioned from being just a Hololive clip viewer to watching English speaking VTubers and watching full live streams when YouTube actually did something right and recommended me to watch her South Park live streams, and I decided to give her a try. So I have a real soft spot for Tenma and wish her all the success in the world.

Negzana

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick

One Hololiver with a criminal mind.
She can't keep getting away with it!

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL

Aqua's "marathon" will be timeless. I especially love the style finish with Sheila to win the round.

Nina will be missed

Two great cultural exchanges

Last edited:

Abomination

Similar to the Tenma moment above, during Uruka's birthday stream, she watched a music video made by some of her fans, known as the Urufuband. They made an original song titled "Bear With Me", which was taken from Uruka's debut stream with the same title. Some highlights of her viewing of it are:

-She discovered the art for one of her pieces of birthday merch was actually commissioned for this video by her fans and include an animated version of it.
-She realized during a part of the song that they actually got several Phase girls (Tenma, Michiru, Shiina, Erina, Airi, and Rie) to sing for the song. You can see a few of them in chat during this moment. If she was holding back tears up until this point, she wasn't able to hold them back any longer at this point.

The video:

Her reaction (timestamped):

This has to be one of the best fan videos I've seen dedicated to a vtuber. It's a very nice song/video. A lot of work clearly went into this, and everyone involved in this did an amazing job. She may not have the largest fanbase, but she definitely has an incredibly dedicated and loyal fanbase, and she deserves it. Blue Bear love.

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick

First time collabs are always great, aren't they?

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick

Abomination

I have Towa and Botan on the brain this morning and thought back to this. One of the most wholesome/cute clips I've seen. Towa and Botan are always such a fun pair, and I always look forward to their collabs.
:sanasmile:

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter

I have Towa and Botan on the brain this morning and thought back to this. One of the most wholesome/cute clips I've seen. Towa and Botan are always such a fun pair, and I always look forward to their collabs.
:sanasmile:

Towa and Botan are so good man. You reminded me that during yesterday's Startend Minecraft, Towa and Aqua started talking about their auditions and history after Suisei left. Like she said on Holotalk, the reason Towa auditioned for Holo was because she wanted to make friends. But in terms of people to play FPS with, she said she could remember feeling pretty lonely. She was the only competitive player in Holo while the other girls were essentially casual. Aqua was there but was mostly in her own introvert corner.

But then Towa said she felt really happy when Botan joined. There was finally someone who took FPS as seriously as she did while still being easy to get along with. The hag lion said she loved FPS in her debut and was willing to show that off, which made Towa instantly comfortable.

Timestamped it here. It probably won't get clipped since this is a 6 hour vod and clippers usually only get the funny moments.

It took them a bit to initiate the collabs but it was a perfect match once they got going. Now Towa is one of Botan's closest senpais and vice versa.

TLDR these two were made to be best friends and I love them :sanasmile:

God's Strongest Mozumite

Gaod help me.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY
Today's the day.

No matter what, Sana is ETERNAL! :sanasmile:

Abomination

During OffKai Gen 2 convention, a live concert was held with many talents. There were many technical issues before and during to put it nicely. Despite this, all the talents absolutely killed it. For many of them, it was their first live performance, so I'm sure they were nervous, but they all did amazing.

Full show (starts a bit later into the first song from Riro Ron)

In particular because I'm a Phase shill, the highlights for me were Jelly's performance and Lisa's performances.

Both performances were amazing. Jelly was performing less than a month after her debut into Phase Connect. There was a moment after her first song where she froze due to technical issues. When she came back, she looked almost panicked, but she played it off like a pro and kept going.

As for Lisa, this had to be incredibly stressful for her. Just days before the concert, she was in an incident where a drunk friend had picked her up and dropped her, busting her chin and requiring her to rush trying to go to a doctor. The lack of care or concern by said friend led to them becoming an ex-friend. Some time after the show, she revealed that OffKai staff almost tried cancelling her performance due to technical issues so much so that she had to lose her patience with them. Luckily, that didn't happen, and she put on an amazing performance. I can only imagine the backlash if OffKai cancelled Lisa's performance...it wouldn't have been pretty.

The next day, Uruka had her own performance, and it was amazing. She also had a lot of stresses leading up to this one. She found the violin she was planning on using, I think, broken in its case. She had also been having issues with her throat/vocal cords. The issues were so bad that during a karaoke stream a few days prior, she couldn't get her voice to do what she wanted, and she nearly broke down before she ended her stream. Despite all of this, she gave an amazing performance, with both singing and playing her violin. She also had many dedicated fans of hers in the audience.

And for some added fun:

During the OffKai concert, the sound guy kept messing with the audio levels that were very apparent on the stream, especially in the middle of songs. Tenma was not happy with this:
1687068017462.png

And during Jelly's performance, Airi was very not happy with this:
1687068483103.png
1687068392361.png

As you can see, she was banned from the Twitch chat over this. For those who don't know, while Airi doesn't necessarily try to not swear, it usually takes quite a bit for her to swear. And while the "castrate you" part obviously wasn't meant to be taken serious, she wasn't joking about actually being frustrated by this:

Archive

There were also many karaoke performances at various different parties, but I won't link those. Despite all the scuff, the stresses, setbacks, and other things, these girls put on amazing performances, especially for being a first for many of them. I hope to see them all get more opportunities like this in the future.

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick
Mumei: "Wait, what was that with the little human skull too, were there fairies here?"
Fauna: "They're called babies, Mumei"
Gura: "That's dark."
Mumei: "That was so stupid I forgot babies existed."
Mumei: "Ok, that doesn't explain the little cow."
Fauna: "Mumei, humans aren't the only ones who have babies."

Abomination

The time Suisei stream sniped Hananoki Maru, a newer vtuber at the time who is a big Holo fan, playing Tetris in the middle of the night trying to reach 2k subs.

A few weeks later, Maru was celebrating hitting 20k subs on YT (though by the time the stream happened, she was closer to 30k), she was surprised with a call-in from Suisei to congratulate her:

Suisei, unsurprisingly, was very nice and humble about the interactions.

Write-up of the context behind everything from Elc-the-Lad on Reddit:
While I am posting this video specifically (as it's the version with the most views in JP) there are other clips that provide further context on it as well (like this longer one which shows a more full version from Ruri's/Maru's side.) Links to the actual streams below.

Context/How we got here:

Back on Feb 26, Sui-chan sniped Maru's Tetris99 stream (a series of coincidences explained in that longer clip) and congratulated her in chat for getting 2K subs. The following day, Sui-chan mentioned during her own stream that she sniped Maru-chan, and Maru's sub-count, along with the other members of her group VSen, began to climb like mad (this event has been referred to as the Tabuki Bubble in JP.)

In 2 weeks, Maru went from 2K all the way to over 20K subs and decided to hold a Celebratory Call-in Stream (she was at 28K by the time the stream started.) In it, all the other members of VSen called in along with a couple of her other friends. As the final caller, Ruri-nee was recapping how the Tanuki Bubble happened thanks to Sui-chan and asked Maru "Would you like it if you could thank Sui-chan directly?"

The Call:

Ruri-nee contacted Sui-chan earlier in the day to invite her to join in the call. She even got permission from Sui-chan's manager prior for this.

Sui-chan called in between matches during her APEX stream (aiming to rank up to Silver)

Sui-chan congratulated Maru for 20k subs (and urged people to push her to 30k). Maru reached 30k shortly after the call ended.

Ruri-nee invited Sui-chan for the 3 of them to collab on a song some time. Sui-chan agreed and says she's listened to Maru's cover of Darling Dance

After the call, Sui-chan talked a bit on the importance of opportunities for indies to grow and reminisced a bit on her time before joining holo.

About Hananoki Maru, VSen, and Asano Ruri:

Hananoki Maru is a member of the Autumn Class of VSen's First Generation. She's a tanuki whose meme is that she constantly claims to be a cat. She enjoys drawing and singing for long periods (usually doing karaoke for 3-4 hours on weekends.) She's a huge holo fan and has said they were what inspired her to become a VTuber.

VSen is the group created and funded by the manager of the Asano Sisters Poject, Nori-san. It's an independent group founded on the philosophy that its talents are allowed to do as they please with minimal supervision and the main "management" being the provision of technical support and know-how. Avatars were paid for directly by Nori-san and ownership was legally transferred to the talents. It currently has 11 members with no plans for a 2nd generation in the near future (at least not until Nori-san saves some more money.) For further details, keep an eye on this video as EN captions are planned to be added to help people better understand the group.

Asano Ruri is a VTuber with 3 (soon to be 4) years of experience. She is the first in Japan's history to join a voice acting agency (Crocodile) as a VTuber (as in she is listed as one of their talents as Asano Ruri) with her anime debut being Ecute-chan in the upcoming anime Jashin-chan Dropkick X coming this Summer. She acts as VSen's mentor/advisor and frequently collabs with them. Additionally, she has been doing what she can to help the members meet/collab with other VTubers that they look up to.

Additional notes

The string of coincidences that led to the Tanuki Bubble

• Maru planned to do a Mario Kart endurance stream to 2K subs on Feb 27. On the day before this, she had intended to do a Pokemon stream, but a viewer suggested her to play something that viewers can participate in instead so she can get a few subs and make the goal of the 2k endurance stream a little closer. Because of this, Maru decided to play Tetris99 (9:30PM). While this was not an endurance stream, it ended up going on for a long time because a few of her fellow VSen members decided to join in (the Tetris99 stream ended up being 4 and a half hours long)
  • Around midnight, Ruri-nee sent out an open invite for people to snipe Maru's stream. She also sent out a tweet saying Maru was getting close to 2k subs.
  • Sui-chan was bored (she had stuff to do but was procrastinating) and happened to see Ruri-nee's tweet. She decided to snipe for the fun of it. This took place around 1AM (an hour after the open invite to snipe), so had the stream ended earlier the Bubble never would have happened.
  • Mid-stream, Maru and friends decided to switch to Team Battle mode. A thing to note here is that you cannot spectate players in normal Battle Mode, so there's a possibility that the members might not have realized Sui-chan was joining (they noticed a "Hoshimachi Suisei" and thought it was a fake, but began to think it might be her because of how skilled she was against the 2 who were dominating the matches)
On Ruri-nee Helping VSen Meet Their Oshis

Ruri-nee has asked the members a couple of times about who they look up to or would want to collab with. She is having them rotate as monthly assistants on her weekly radio show "Asano Shimai no Kyou mo Shinoba Night" and is using this to invite those people as guests. Past collabs where she managed to invite some of their oshis include:

Onigashima Peach loves nijisanji in general: Shibuya Hajime and Debi-chan

Kagatsuji Soyori loves Mirutani Nia and Sister Claire

Hananoki Maru loves hololive in general: Aki-chan (Note that this was before the Bubble and Maru is done as monthly assistant, so don't go expecting Sui-chan to appear on the radio show any time soon)

Current monthly assistant is Konatsu Minamo. She has said she wishes she can collab with Aiba Uiha and Mori Calliope (Ruri-nee admits this will be difficult.) We'll see if something can come of this within the month. (update: Mar 22 radio show will have Iofi as guest. Not sure if this means we won't be able to see Calli as a guest, but there's still one more week to hope)
Write-up from Reddit

Bonus clip: As stated in the notes above, Maru is a big fan of Aki and got to meet her on a stream:

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
The time Suisei stream sniped Hananoki Maru, a newer vtuber at the time who is a big Holo fan, playing Tetris in the middle of the night trying to reach 2k subs.

A few weeks later, Maru was celebrating hitting 20k subs on YT (though by the time the stream happened, she was closer to 30k), she was surprised with a call-in from Suisei to congratulate her:

Suisei, unsurprisingly, was very nice and humble about the interactions.

Write-up of the context behind everything from Elc-the-Lad on Reddit:

Write-up from Reddit

Bonus clip: As stated in the notes above, Maru is a big fan of Aki and got to meet her on a stream:

Not the first time she did that, either:

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL
Watching PoLegend again

Such great interactions but Rushia really got some good laughs out of Polka and the script writer. Themed call ins are some of my favorite Holo streams but I may be biased because of Golden Week Morning Mio and Tarot card Mio.

Good morning!

Tarot card Mom

Last edited:

UberSoldat

I think this is one of those clips that perfectly captures the insanity of NijiJP, and something that will be sorely missed with Gundo's departure.

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick
Top Bottom