"Trick or treat, smell my feet, give me something good to eat!"IRyS

NEXAS: The Kick Sweatshop for Vtubers!

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
@MerelyTourist your Lawyer oshi who you love to gargle his balls made a video. Any summary on what it is?
You asking me to watch it or what?
Also - he's @Azehara oshii, i'm not sending superchats.

Latte'Ninba

God is dead. You aren't. Keep running.
Early Adopter
I like how he says that in the same industry of one of the biggest corpos that has talents who have oodles of stories of hanging out with their managers
Well yeah but that corpo doesn't count since they're pure evil because uhm.. uh... they do that thing people on twitter always cry about and don't like. Which thing? All of them! AND TWICE ON SUNDAYS!

It is pretty funny though because it's actually been a while since I think we've really gotten any particularly bad stories about management from Holo. They had several in the past but recently seems like anyone who has mentioned their manager mostly talks about how they goof off, have fun with, go out to eat with, and even prank each other on April Fool's and stuff. Quite a few of them even make the jokes and comments that they won't allow someone else to have or share theirs.

Cubanodun

Herald of the first of many
I finally got a realization not that im halfway into the debuts but i noticed a very strange trend in the debuts and is the absolute lack of BGM, i noticed a couple of them started to play music in speakers then it hit me

You see the reason they are obsessed with the facial capture thingy is because Anilive is a combination between Vtuber studio and OBS in a single package, converting the app in a glorified twitter space/tiktok live with a live2D system plastered on it, that explain the weird regulation about discouraging games in the platform, because they CANT do it because the thing is so confined to the phone that dont let you use OBS instead of the usual configuration that the phone just do face capture while the rest is just controlled by a pc

That added with the reports of actual users that flipping the phones does nothing make me believe that Anilive is a 1 trick pony that you could do better in other platforms, if Musk decide to revive Vine and put a live option, anilive would be fucked to hell and back

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
Holy shit! I have not been caught up on this, but debuting this many talents right off the bat is insane (even worse than Niji levels of self competition at this rate)! Ain't nobody got time for all of them. How does this guy expect to sustain this many newbie streamers right away???

Bronze

Holy shit! I have not been caught up on this, but debuting this many talents right off the bat is insane (even worse than Niji levels of self competition at this rate)! Ain't nobody got time for all of them. How does this guy expect to sustain this many newbie streamers right away???
By not supporting majority of them at all. If you are only going to support 3 talents you can debut even 50 of them

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
I can't help but think this is also really self-destructive from an overall company standpoint too.

Imagine you watch all the debuts and actually find someone you like and want to support. You'd be worried about supporting anyone else in the company because that might lessen the support your preferred talent gets from the company. Fans of a talent in a corpo are typically incentivized to check out other members of the corpo, and might end up having multiple favourite talents in a company they're supporting. The approach being taken by NEXUS means, at best, fans are only going to support one talent and not support anyone else. And that's if fans aren't actively hostile to other talents - it's not like we haven't seen that happen before.

The whole "cream rises to the top and fuck everyone else" mindset might work for, I don' t know, business bros or stock market traders or something, but it makes no sense for the vtubing industry.

x Hades Stamps

Easy! He doesn’t! He expects them to sustain themselves.

Kuri Rinji

Red Nousagi
One thing is for certain, they don't need to play video games when the entire screen becomes a shmup stage as chatters normally talk or use effects.

GMN7tnmawAEc27N.jpg

Kourai

Not pictured: the will to live
Early Adopter
Archivist

This reads like one of those managers who thinks putting up the right motivational posters and using the right buzzwords and Corporate Goals automatically Psyches Employees Up and boosts Productivity. Conveniently without doing any actual work to make people trust their decisions.

One thing is for certain, they don't need to play video games when the entire screen becomes a shmup stage as chatters normally talk or use effects.

View attachment 68919
I doubt Lulu paid for the coins she's using for the roses (if she did, shame on NEXAS), but someone from NEXAS should have told her and all the other talents to pace themselves lol. Maybe they want the spam to stress-test the app or to show off their ADHD power level to zoomers. Or maybe they just don't care how it looks.

Last edited:

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
I doubt Lulu paid for the coins she's using for the roses (if she did, shame on NEXAS), but someone from NEXAS should have told her and all the other talents to pace themselves lol. Maybe they want the spam to stress-test the app or to show off their ADHD power level to zoomers. Or maybe they just don't care how it looks.
Lulu Lasso is a talent with Nexus and she's been doing her best to support everyone else. She's already said she's making a clip compilation of everyone, as well as giving them all archive VODs of their streams. It wouldn't surprise me if she spent a few dollars during debut streams to support her genmates too.

Kourai

Not pictured: the will to live
Early Adopter
Archivist
Lulu Lasso is a talent with Nexus and she's been doing her best to support everyone else. She's already said she's making a clip compilation of everyone, as well as giving them all archive VODs of their streams. It wouldn't surprise me if she spent a few dollars to support her genmates too.
This bothers me.

I've been flip-flopping about NEXAS' management style or lack thereof. Hypothetically, if they told the talents "stream only zatsus on our app for 10 hours a week" and placed zero other obligations on them - no behind-the-scenes work, no music production, no art, no pressure to stream or not stream on other platforms - then the zero support is proportional. Then it's up to the talents whether to spend those 10 hours a week (and opportunity cost for creating other content or working a minimum wage job) in return for (limited) exposure.

But if Lulu is volunteering herself for things like this, that opportunity cost goes up, while her compensation doesn't. And right now, I'm willing to believe she volunteered herself without NEXAS talking her into it. But that may well change.

Edit so as not to clog up the thread:
NEXAS announced that Nell's debut would be delayed due to unforeseen circumstances, and that Endra's debut would be moved up to compensate. Both Nell and Endra also made their own statements.

Last edited:

God's Fattest Moojisan

Don't watch Vtubers, do hard drugs. Better for you
Lulu Lasso is a talent with Nexus and she's been doing her best to support everyone else. She's already said she's making a clip compilation of everyone, as well as giving them all archive VODs of their streams. It wouldn't surprise me if she spent a few dollars during debut streams to support her genmates too.
I've been half-assedly watching the debuts and a lot of the donating has been from other members of Nexas and a few other chatters that are probably members of staff given accounts with money in them cause they're showing up across a bunch of channels.

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter

View attachment 68919
This is absolute cancer, so I suppose the zoomers will like it at least.

x Hades Stamps

Holy clutter!!

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
This is even more spectacular a failure than I could imagine. Well done, it wasn't a scam! It was just retarded!

Kalion

:)

View attachment 68919
Why spend $3000+ per model when it's going to be covered up most of the time? Could have just gotten an animating PNG for much cheaper.

x Hades Stamps

Why spend $3000+ per model when it's going to be covered up most of the time? Could have just gotten an animating PNG for much cheaper.
Why even get an animated PNG when it’s going to be covered up most of the time? Could just use a single image (I say that as someone who doesn’t like static images for that)

braindoko

This is the worst thing that could happen to a saviour, I want to save everyone
Everyone except Poette

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
This is the worst thing that could happen to a saviour, I want to save everyone
Everyone except Poette
Nahhhh *KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK* they don't need *KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK* any saving. "Rielle(?) open the door!"

Top Bottom