"Y-You can't do this to me... YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I'VE SACRIFICED?!!"Magni Dezmond

Yuri and Phase Connect seperation thread

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Panko talks a bit about Yuri's termination, nothing new but good to see.

@ about 2:57 if timestamp fucks up

She's also posted a bunch of memes over on Banned VT Memes about it.

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
Apparently Lemon Thief has been streaming for the last 90 minutes on Twitch. Anyone know if she said anything? Curse Twitch's inability to go back on live streams.

Edit:

Sharing more details would hurt Yuri's image? That sounds pretty damning.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security

My perception of Panko has always been she's a straight shooter when talking serious stuff. My feeling was the error was more on Yuri's end with a blind read of the circumstances. This just backs up my initial read.

Apparently Lemon Thief has been streaming for the last 90 minutes on Twitch. Anyone know if she said anything? Curse Twitch's inability to go back on live streams.
I posted in the main thread she was live. I haven't been able to listen 100% being at work, but the subject of Yuri has not come up from what I can tell. And she's seeming basically normal from what I can tell.

She's talking about how Sakana was chilling with everyone in VC last night to chill. Sounds like a bunch of people were playing Mahjong last night.

Edit: Lumi literally just dodged a comment saying "those graduation jokes hitting different now".

Last edited:

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter

Vee shat out a video about it already. No, I'm not watching it.

he only said she was graduated, nothing interesting. He did however said that if she were to reach out to him as whatever she comes out as after phase he'd try to promote her around his circles, how much his circles are worth I can't know but tomoe seemed to benefit a bit from his shilling. He's a sperg but he seems to be solid enough to other people.

I think there's a lot of spite behind the people who decide to go for shotgun when it comes to suicide, the mess you leave behind for the first person to find you is such a fuck you in particular that I'd only do for people I absolutely despise.
While not HUGE due to a huge chunk on his past content being mostly political (and not really one that overlaps with Vtubing), it is still a good boost for anyone starting up. Vee might be a bit cringe with some of his older content but honestly, with this whole Vtuber thing, he has gained my respect. Multiple times has he moved to help Vtubers out by promoting them or connecting them with people he knows.

He doesn't have to do this yet he still does.

It is odd that the announcement flip-flops between calling it a termination and an infeasible renewal.
I think that's the big mindfuck for me.

The craziest thing to me is that with all of the various controversies these past two years...Yuri is the one to go. While certainly unhinged like the rest, I don't recall her ever making waves like lemon woman or the rabbit. I certainly wouldn't have put my money on her being first.
She seemed somewhat professional when it came to her work.

You guys think yuri will pop up again or is this it?
I don't know honestly. She seemed to be a bit terminally online but starting up from scratch would be pretty tough even for her.

Even small corpos like Phase Connect can get hundreds of CCVs for debut streams based on nothing other than the brand of the corpo itself and it's advertising. Meanwhile there are tons of indie vtubers that are debuting every day to a grand total of zero viewers.

Your argument is that... the mot popular indies can beat the least popular corpos in terms of views? Okay, sure, but it's not the winning argument you think it is.
Want a better example for this? Shima from Tsunderia's dead Gen 4. She debuted about a week ago and even tried to get some momentum by using Tsunderia or letting people know that she was supposed to debut for Tsunderia's Gen 4 before it died. On debut I dont think she even got past 60 CCV. Last 2 streams she has been getting about 15-20 CCV and has 425 subs.

Pretty sure almost all of Tsunderia's Gen 3 members broke more than 200 CCV on debut and 1k subs after debut.

This is why I said this:

I don't think it's good for vtubers, like kirsche, who already has an average of 300-500 CCV to join phase, they can now grow on her own without needing them
I think Kirsche just wants someone to deal with event planning, sponsorships and merch. The type of shit that people dont normally do. She just needs an agent. But yeah at this point I feel like she is doing fine on her own.

Sharing more details would hurt Yuri's image? That sounds pretty damning.
Seems like Yuri did sorta fuck up. Enough to warrant Fishman not renewing the contract but not bad enough for them to hate her guts, throw her under the bus and shit on her corpse. Other talents still respect her but seem to have sided with management. Sort of a Yugo situation instead of a Zaion situation.

Lumi hasnt said shit, doubt she will.

Vih

Doog
These ladies have One FUCKING JOB: DO NOT BREAK THE RULES ON A LEGALLY BINDING PIECE OF PAPER

Is it really that hard?!

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
These ladies have One FUCKING JOB: DO NOT BREAK THE RULES ON A LEGALLY BINDING PIECE OF PAPER

Is it really that hard?!
Menhera woman, please understand.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
My perception of Panko has always been she's a straight shooter when talking serious stuff. My feeling was the error was more on Yuri's end with a blind read of the circumstances. This just backs up my initial read.

I posted in the main thread she was live. I haven't been able to listen 100% being at work, but the subject of Yuri has not come up from what I can tell. And she's seeming basically normal from what I can tell.

She's talking about how Sakana was chilling with everyone in VC last night to chill. Sounds like a bunch of people were playing Mahjong last night.

Edit: Lumi literally just dodged a comment saying "those graduation jokes hitting different now".
The more comes out, and judging off the reactions of Panko and Loomers so far, I'm leaning towards a miniaturized Rushia event, contained entirely in Phase Connect's internal discord.

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband

God's Strongest Dragoon

Also to point out, I don't think DFE'ing was Fishman's mandate, I think she did that of her own volition.
The fact that the only VOD up on her twitch is the April Fool's Destiny 2 stream with all the stuff relating to "termination" and the about section is changed to "Until death do us part!" is the dead giveaway it was Yuri doing the DFE. Her last twitter post even reads as a goodbye to her fans.

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
The more comes out, and judging off the reactions of Panko and Loomers so far, I'm leaning towards a miniaturized Rushia event, contained entirely in Phase Connect's internal discord.
At this time of year?

lvl8

Yuri is not sad enough for PC.

God's Strongest Dragoon

Yuri is not sad enough for PC.
NEW RRAT: this was all a scheme by fishman to make Yuri sad enough so he can rehire her for Gen 3

2DUM4U

Early Adopter
"We're still a company and we still have rules that have to be followed. So if you don't follow them multiple times, that's what happens." - Panko,

Damn, I'm getting Oceane flashbacks. I really like both Oceane and Yuri, and they were both unexpectedly terminated in similarly unfavorable-looking circumstances (although we still don't know much of the real stories, and probably never will). I sure hope this isn't karma for making fun of @God's Strongest Gaogetter , I'd hate for the curse to transfer to me.

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
"We're still a company and we still have rules that have to be followed. So if you don't follow them multiple times, that's what happens." - Panko,

Damn, I'm getting Oceane flashbacks. I really like both Oceane and Yuri, and they were both unexpectedly terminated in similarly unfavorable-looking circumstances (although we still don't know much of the real stories, and probably never will). I sure hope this isn't karma for making fun of @God's Strongest Gaogetter , I'd hate for the curse to transfer to me.
I also like Oceane but still, despite Kawaii's most recent blunder, it does seem that Oceane did in fact fuck up. Also the lack of her being salty (pun somewhat intended) about it makes me realize that she does realize that she fucked up.

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
Someone finally asked Lumi directly. She knows the vague details, believes that it was bad decision-making on Yuri's part, Sakana tried really hard to make it work, the two of them had been drifting apart a bit and Lumi had thought Yuri was happier than she probably was. Mentions that there's a bit of an age gap between the two of them. She'll answer the questions that she can answer, but that's not going to cover everything. Every contract is different.

Sven

Someone finally asked Lumi directly. She knows the vague details, believes that it was bad decision-making on Yuri's part, Sakana tried really hard to make it work, the two of them had been drifting apart a bit and Lumi had thought Yuri was happier than she probably was. Mentions that there's a bit of an age gap between the two of them. She'll answer the questions that she can answer, but that's not going to cover everything. Every contract is different.
I came back in when she was right in the middle of it but somewhere around 2:30:00 when it vods for anyone that wants to hear it.

Only thing I heard you didn't mention was everyone was aware things were happening but not the extent, at least for herself.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
I think the really big thing she confirmed is that everyone was pretty much in the dark about what was going on between Yuri and Phase, and that all wasn't revealed to the talents until this weekend. Which basically confirms that meeting Pippa and Lia went to was the internal announcement to at least Gen 1 (as Airi was still streaming at the time).

DelusionTree

Early Adopter
Lumi is technically one of the older girls in PC, 25-27 depending on when she started college and how long her programs were.

Edit: apparent right after Lumi announced she finished her Master's said she is "no longer 25", so 26.

God's Strongest Dragoon

I think the really big thing she confirmed is that everyone was pretty much in the dark about what was going on between Yuri and Phase, and that all wasn't revealed to the talents until this weekend.
If that's the case, I wonder how Rie is feeling after tweeting that superchat about Yuri.

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY
I sure hope this isn't karma for making fun of @God's Strongest Gaogetter , I'd hate for the curse to transfer to me.
I'm sorry you now know my pain :inatiredl:

I also like Oceane but still, despite Kawaii's most recent blunder, it does seem that Oceane did in fact fuck up. Also the lack of her being salty (pun somewhat intended) about it makes me realize that she does realize that she fucked up.
I liked Oceane as well but given there's a nonzero chance those rrats about the Indonesian doxing rings are true and Sava could've been a target I've completely disowned her. Plus it's not like ASMR or karaoke streams are in that short of supply or anything.

Which basically confirms that meeting Pippa and Lia went to was the internal announcement to at least Gen 1 (as Airi was still streaming at the time).
Half-tempted to anti Yuri now because she deprived me of an extra hour of Piplia :Mumei-REE:

Top Bottom