"'Instead of my savings I want love' waah it can't be helped then you guys, you're so needy, 'kiss kiss kiss', you need love, you need warmth, I swear you guys, hmmmMMM! lion SMOOCH noise"Shishiro Botan

Vidya Games Thread

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

Ollie, Fuwawa, Pekora, Botan, Koyori, Mococo, Biboo.

They used their 3D model still official images. Hmm...

How good is the Cover Character design staff? I was able to pick those all out without checking, but I had to verify which side each twin was on (though I my first assumption was correct).

UberSoldat

Last edited:

IdenticalPlateaus

The failure has finally caught up to them
Not really? Unless you'd hold the QA team responsible for the how the game turned out. Seems like the people responsible for the failure are going to keep their jobs.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Not really? Unless you'd hold the QA team responsible for the how the game turned out. Seems like the people responsible for the failure are going to keep their jobs.
The article says that more layoffs are coming. Looking forward to seeing it happen, I like seeing companies punished for pushing goyslop.

TKN_Lurker

Retired Lurker
Concord shuts down. $200 Million & 8 Years down the drain. New

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Concord fans — we’ve been listening closely to your feedback since the launch of Concord on PlayStation 5 and PC and want to thank everyone who has joined the journey aboard the Northstar. Your support and the passionate community that has grown around the game has meant the world to us.

However, while many qualities of the experience resonated with players, we also recognize that other aspects of the game and our initial launch didn’t land the way we’d intended. Therefore, at this time, we have decided to take the game offline beginning September 6, 2024, and explore options, including those that will better reach our players.

While we determine the best path ahead, Concord sales will cease immediately and we will begin to offer a full refund for all gamers who have purchased the game for PS5 or PC. If you purchased the game for PlayStation 5 from the PlayStation Store or PlayStation Direct, a refund will be issued back to your original payment method.

Customers who purchased from other digital storefronts will also be refunded. More information about refunds from Steam and Epic can be found below:

Steam Store – Steam Store will refund players who bought the game over the coming days. Steam will send confirmation of the refund once it has been processed.

Epic Games Store – Epic Games Store will refund players who bought the game over the coming days and will contact each customer directly to confirm that the refund has been processed.

Other retailer refunds – For customers who have purchased a physical copy at a retailer location outside of PlayStation directly, please refer to the refund process of the retailer you purchased it from to obtain your refund.

Once refunded, players will no longer have access to the game.

We’ll keep you updated and thank you again to all the Freegunners who have joined us in the Concord galaxy.

* Refunds for PlayStation Store and PlayStation Direct purchases may take 30-60 days to appear on your bank statement. If your original payment source was unavailable, the purchase amount will be refunded to your PSN wallet.

$100 mil down the drain, lmao.

UberSoldat

Not even the F2P route, holy.

Zizara

No faith in Humanity
Dizzy's Wife

Gotta wonder where all that funding went, because it sure wasn't the game.
Oh why even pretend? It's not like anyone actually thinks DEI shitters won't swindle every penny out of any project they're attached any more. Of course it was premium graft.

Last edited:

Jolted Cookies

Ohmies don't snitch
Early Adopter

Whoa, full refunds for everyone. Not sure I've ever seen a failure of this scale.

It'll probably be a complete write-off. They're not going to retool this for F2P right?

...the game can't even host 3 separate matches on stream.

Kalion

:)

A game that prominently features pronouns for every character offs itself.
I don't even need to write a joke here, they did it for me.

TKN_Lurker

Retired Lurker

Good old Sony. Instead of keeping Hi-fi Gravity rush (sorry confused brain), which is a decent game, they decided that Concord was the one that needed the extra investment. This is why you never good full retard with DEI.

Last edited:

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Good old Sony. Instead of keeping Hi-fi rush, which is a decent game, they decided that Concord was the one that needed the extra investment. This is why you never good full retard with DEI.
They need to move their headquarters back to Japan and layoff everyone who worked in the LA office.

VSoyBoy

Good old Sony. Instead of keeping Hi-fi rush, which is a decent game, they decided that Concord was the one that needed the extra investment. This is why you never good full retard with DEI.
I think you're majorly confusing your console manufacturers there.

Kalion

:)

TKN_Lurker

Retired Lurker
I think you're majorly confusing your console manufacturers there.
Yup my mistake, I'll take the L on that.

Still doesn't exactly my gripe with these studios honestly. You have a number of successful IPs to play it safe and you choose a no name DEI studio to burn it all away. They could have released another shitty mobile game Final Fantasy 7 tie in and it would be less terrible than this.

or Hi-Fi Rush with Gravity Rush.
That's probably what I misremembered so thanks for that.

Last edited:

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
"We want the Destiny audience" claims another.

httn

Hag enthusiast
Damn, sony are gonna be hurting something fierce from Concorde. They're gonna have to pull out a miracle big hit out of the bag if they want to recover, can't think of what they could release for this.

Sy5e8DmeKIJVjlAGraPAJYkT.jpg

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
Not even the F2P route, holy.

Whoa, full refunds for everyone. Not sure I've ever seen a failure of this scale.

It'll probably be a complete write-off. They're not going to retool this for F2P right?

...the game can't even host 3 separate matches on stream.
Therefore, at this time, we have decided to take the game offline beginning September 6, 2024, and explore options, including those that will better reach our players.
That sounds like they will attempt to salvage an F2P setup.
Gotta wonder where all that funding went, because it sure wasn't the game.
Probably largely into 8 years of setting up and running a studio, plus huge amounts of fully-mocapped cutscenes.

Saturnus

haha it's unou
They need to move their headquarters back to Japan and layoff everyone who worked in the LA office.
Tbh I think they should just tank themselves. They abandoned their JP studios for this trash.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
At least SEGA had the foresight to kill Hyenas way early into production. This Concord debacle reminds me of when CliffyB thought he was "gonna make another billion dollar IP" by releasing Lawbreakers during the heyday of overwatch spam.

Top Bottom