"I hate dinosaurs! That's a lie, they don't know I'm autistic in this game"Zumi Dokumi

Vidya Games Thread

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
It will never not amuse me that the average player character in Baldurs Gate 3, the gayest game in recent memory, was a white human male cleric.
1723263847537.png

God's Strongest Dragoon

As I said, are you really an MMO gamer if your main isn't a white, male, human warrior, or the comedy midget race?
>devs spend hundreds of hours meticulously crafting all these fantasy races and these options to customize them with demon horns, tails, and whatever you could think of
>devs bend over backwards to create robust magic system that interacts with the environment intuitively
>human
>male
>white
>John Smith
>Fighter

Time to game

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
The only thing that'll get me to not play as a warrior grug is if a game has some kind of engineer or gunslinger class. The only thing better than beating up magic nerds and shoving them in a locker is building machines to do that for you.

IdenticalPlateaus

It will never not amuse me that the average player character in Baldurs Gate 3, the gayest game in recent memory, was a white human male cleric.
You need the other races though. What's the fun in being a human martial chad if you can't be a racist one?

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Weebsword is up next.

Looks like you can move during the first parts of the Spirit Slash combo now, and there's a followup Vergil strike to Helmsplitter. The movement during Spirit Slash alone will be a massive quality of life change for them.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
I was just given a piece of this gearset as a quest reward. Why does this exist? Though I suppose if my crafting jobs weren't so underleveled I could probably make bank selling this to certain types of people.
Someone on the team was a fan of Fist of the North Star/Mad Max but didnt even spare a second to realize the degenerate fanbase exists

UberSoldat

Sale on Bethesda games as part of QuakeCon

Lots of good bundles here

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Someone on the team was a fan of Fist of the North Star/Mad Max but didnt even spare a second to realize the degenerate fanbase exists
When you just wanna live your post-nuclear apocalypse cosplay fantasies but people keep trying to take you to their BDM sex dungeons.
:ameraintear:

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
When you just wanna live your post-nuclear apocalypse cosplay fantasies but people keep trying to take you to their BDM sex dungeons.
:ameraintear:
From the Ayatolla of Rock and Rollah to DEEP DARK FANTASIES in one second

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick
Sale on Bethesda games as part of QuakeCon

Lots of good bundles here
I got the Doom Classic Bundle. It'll save me having to dig out my CDs when I want to reinstall it.

Bug Eater

Every ten years I boot up Metal Gear Portable Ops since I am 95% of the way through it but quit because of the controls. It is like the Dreamcast of Portables
I was the same way with Peace Walker before I got it on PS3, wish it had a 2nd analog stick. I still dig it out whenever I want to play a PS1 game though, it's not a bad experience at all. Also the God of War games for PSP were goated.

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

I got the Doom Classic Bundle. It'll save me having to dig out my CDs when I want to reinstall it.
With any good, old game, you just need 4 copies. Allows you to always find it, on some drive or disc.

Alchemyth

The only thing that'll get me to not play as a warrior grug is if a game has some kind of engineer or gunslinger class. The only thing better than beating up magic nerds and shoving them in a locker is building machines to do that for you.
This was my favorite thing about Greedfall. A mediocre game, but being able to just shoot the shit out of everything while loudly proclaiming your name and putting the locals in their place in every conversation like a proper coloniser was fantastic.

God's Strongest Dragoon

I played Horde in Classic WoW but I had a second account where I played Night Elf Hunter just so I could play with some people I knew on the Alliance side. I went Night Elf instead of Dwarf solely so I could sit in shadowmeld and then global mages with aimed shot/multi-shot.

Kalion

:)

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick

Whenever I get to the drill bits, I often hang around at least until I get a one-up, but I think Marine might be trying to beat Korone's time here so she wouldn't have that luxury.

What does DOS mean? It's an eternal mystery that no one can solve.

Me when I see this:

Last edited:

UberSoldat

Civvie plays some eurojank

God's Strongest Dragoon

So the multiplayer for Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Remastered is coming out on August 16th. However it's not coming out on the Modern Warfare 2 Remastered Edition because that only had the campaign. What is happening is that there's a mod called H2M for Modern Warfare 1 Remastered (which did have multiplayer) that lets you play as if it was MW2.
Here's what the mod will include:
  • Create-a-Class system from MW2 with all those weapons, attachments, perks, equipment, and some fan favorites from CoD 4
  • MW2 Killstreak system
  • MW1 Maps
  • MW2 Maps
  • All DLC maps
  • New Maps inspired by MW2's campaign (such as the White House and the Gulag)
  • Same progression system (level up to rank 70 to prestige) but after Prestige 10, you can keep leveling up to level 1000. There's also the golden/mastery camos from CoD4 and some special animated camos

As of right now, CoD MWR is on a 50% sale that ends in ~30 hours

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Continuing from the Piratesoftware malding about Stop Killing Games from a week or so ago, he brought it up on an old (May) interview with Publisher Hooded Horse (Manor Lords, Xenonauts 2) CEO, Tim Bender, although he just uploaded the VOD to youtube

And of course, he presented it as if the publishers would have to bear with the cost of maintaining them while smugly going "ONE OF US" to Tim, without explaining SKG or why he even asked the question in the first place

KF thread and video archive link below

Copypasting what i wrote on KF below

It stands to note, that none of Hooded Horse's game catalogue is seemingly a GAAS (games as a service) title beyond what is stipulated on Steam's licensing, 8 out of 12 of its titles are available DRM Free on GOG, including 3 early access tittles, Manor Lords, Terra Invicta, and Xenonauts 2
https://www.gog.com/en/games?publishers=hooded-horse&hideDLCs=true
It would've been more fruitful to ask a developer or Publisher with experience with a GAAS title, like Coffee Stain Studios' Deep Rock Galactic, but Hooded Horse has seemingly no games relying on central servers

Last edited:

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Monster Hunter weapon catch up while Capcom continues to edge me waiting for the Switch Axe video.

Top Bottom