"You want a decent following? Start creating stop tweeting"Mori Calliope

Vidya Games Thread

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
I'll probably get TMNT Shredder's Revenge if the discount is good. Otherwise I'm fine not owning 9 million games I'll never play (because of time).
I went ahead and got the C&C Ultimate collection for the sheer joy of not seeing EA's dumb origin shit ever again.

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
didn't see this posted, Stellaris is going to go for MACHINE SUPREMACY, so prepare yourselves for another wait period as mods update:

we're nearing on Year 8 of Stellaris, and I would very much appreciate Stellaris 2 for both an engine upgrade and a point of modding stability in Stellaris 1

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick
Alright Asylum dorks, it's that time of the year again...

:pippasquish::subaruclapping::nenedance::luidance::baeJam:STEAM SPRING SALEEEEE! :pippasquish::subaruclapping::nenedance::luidance::baeJam:

Man this video is old lol!

WHAT ARE YOU BUYING?

WHAT ARE YOU RECOMMENDING??

WILL GABE NEWELL FINALLY BLESS US HEATHENS WITH HALF-LIFE 3??

WILL FACTORIO FINALLY BE DISCOUNTED???

WILL YOU BE SKIPPING RENT TO BUY MORE GAMES????

I will probably buy this:

And maybe this:

Perhaps This:

Oh, and I should really purchase this, it is quite relevant to my interests:

There's a lot of stuff I already bought recently, like preordering Shadow of the ErdTree. I also didn't wait for the sale to get Spirit Hunter: Death Mark II

A lot of the games on my wishlist are not actually on sale, so no rush to buy them during this sale.

kingcaid

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Retarded, off topic musings

I love the slapfights about Helldivers 2 lore and how a suprisingly large amount of tards really get worked up if you take any of it at face value for the meme, not realizing this will just get more people doing it solely because they piss off the tards

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick

In 30 years or so when I finish Unicorn Overlord I'll be able to start them.

I have both of these too. I've played them a bit but I am not that far yet. I have more progress in an off-brand Fatal Frame clone I bought years back:

Mainly just because I had that for years already.

PassiveUnaggressive

Early Adopter
I think if I pick up anything other than the Elden Ring expansion anytime soon, it will be Gravity Circuit:
Played the demo, enjoyed it, soundtrack is pretty awesome too

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick
I got this one a long time ago, but it's on discount now:

Bijou and Bae both played it:

Willemshaven

Outlasted the Chinese Community Sinicization Group
True & Honest Holofan
The Men of War games (and other titles based off of it) are my favorite RTT games.

Faces of War and the first Men of War are good starting points.

If you want current mods, there's Assault Squad 2. (Mouse-clicks are now reversed by default.)

There are other games in the series, but I would only consider getting them if you like the series.
The ones you should absolutely avoid are Assault Squad 1 and Assault Squad 2 - Cold War.

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick

I really should buy Skyrim for PC one of these days...

ogey_rrat

ogey
didn't see this posted, Stellaris is going to go for MACHINE SUPREMACY, so prepare yourselves for another wait period as mods update:

we're nearing on Year 8 of Stellaris, and I would very much appreciate Stellaris 2 for both an engine upgrade and a point of modding stability in Stellaris 1

Speaking of Paradox games, it looks like the next one is going to be EU5. And unlike some nu-pdx games (Vic 3 being the biggest offender), it actually looks somewhat promising.

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
do you hate water as much as the average chuuba? you should! do your part in the war against over-hydration NOW:

What could possibly be as much of a menace as water? It turns out, the answer is particles, to which you must eradicate at all costs:

Now, what happens if both particles and fluid combined into a single menace? This developer's upcoming title is poised to shed light on such a horrifying prospect:

all of these titles have incredible modding support, community created maps for decades, you're not going to run out of things to do any time soon.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

The lack of games has gotten so bad that they're teaming up with PCSX2 to start emulating old ones.

I joke, but this is actually really cool. I still won't get one because I already have everything I want on my PC, but it's cool for all the people who don't know what emulation is, and the little baby zoomers who will get to play some of the classics.

I wish they would let us have the games we purchased digitally in the PSP/3/Vita era, too. PS2 and below emulation is already really good and PS3 is far enough along that official support could make it even better.

That Chuuba Enjoyer

DM me if you have a Ed, Edd n Eddy clip
Early Adopter
The Men of War games (and other titles based off of it) are my favorite RTT games.

Faces of War and the first Men of War are good starting points.

If you want current mods, there's Assault Squad 2. (Mouse-clicks are now reversed by default.)

There are other games in the series, but I would only consider getting them if you like the series.
The ones you should absolutely avoid are Assault Squad 1 and Assault Squad 2 - Cold War.

Have you play the call to arms series?

Made by some of the same people as men of war team.

Rts game that has mechanics of going fps with your units if you wanted to

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"

In 30 years or so when I finish Unicorn Overlord I'll be able to start them.

Really hoping for them to do 1-3 at some point. The second one is still probably my favorite horror game ever. Though, I never did play these two, and I hear 4 tends to be the fan favorite. I own it, so I really need to play it.

I'll post what I grab from the sale when I decide what to get.

God's Strongest Dragoon

Speaking of Paradox games, it looks like the next one is going to be EU5. And unlike some nu-pdx games (Vic 3 being the biggest offender), it actually looks somewhat promising.

Here's hoping the game can actually run decently, it's the main reason why I haven't touched Cities: Skyline 2 yet.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

That Chuuba Enjoyer

DM me if you have a Ed, Edd n Eddy clip
Early Adopter
I will probably buy thiS
Ooooh I see you're into a lot of classic games and shoot-em-ups! How is Spirit hunter 2? I have the first one in my library and been thinking about actually sitting down for once to really play it. The time sensitive combat mechanics and VN style to it is what intrigued me to get it.
it will be Gravity Circuit:

Looks like a fun Megaman inspired game with a neat soundtrack.
I got this one a long time ago, but it's on discount now:
Lies of P looked like one of those better dark soul inspired games. Also the MC reminds me of Timothée Chalamet a little :SelenHAHAhere:

Always hear the Fatal Frame series is a good horror one to try out. However, I'm still kind of hesitant though to pay those prices for two steam games on sale. Then again I don't know, maybe the games are worth 30 bucks each.
do you hate water as much as the average chuuba? you should! do your part in the war against over-hydration NOW:
holy shit, these game look very unique and rather interesting. That fourth game graphics also reminds me of a game you see on the WIi back in the day. I might actually grab the fourth one, for it has piqued my interest. Also have to support Chuubas against the evil Waterbro army! :fishfry:
Nothing, I am a spic with no disposable income.
Nenebro...I thought you being of the DragonBallZ complexion was a joke :shiinastare:

Time to end with a recommendation

Project zomboid is a zombie game that has come a long way since its release on Steam. Lots of indepth mechanics and the transition to using 3d models has allowed mod support to flourish. Game also has huge customization option for campaigns to change how zombies act, horde population, how does infection work, and much more choices to customize it to your interest. Can make the game play like walking dead with slow zombies and infection mechanics, or even turn it into 28 days later with feral sprinting zombies that can easily infect you from blood.

Although offical NPCs are not in the game yet, people have made a pretty good mod so far that does add them into it. With random survivors you find in the map, looters, and military personnel. I say if you have an interest for zombie games to give this one for a try, especially right now when it's 13 bucks. You really get bang with your buck!

Also one playthrough I recommend, is the travelling survivor with RV.

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick
Ooooh I see you're into a lot of classic games and shoot-em-ups! How is Spirit hunter 2? I have the first one in my library and been thinking about actually sitting down for once to really play it. The time sensitive combat mechanics and VN style to it is what intrigued me to get it.
It's good so far, though I'm still in the first story. I still haven't done combat, just some puzzles.
Lies of P looked like one of those better dark soul inspired games. Also the MC reminds me of Timothée Chalamet a little :SelenHAHAhere:
It's a really good game if you like Bloodborne type games.
Project zomboid is a zombie game that has come a long way since its release on Steam. Lots of indepth mechanics and the transition to using 3d models has allowed mod support to flourish. Game also has huge customization option for campaigns to change how zombies act, horde population, how does infection work, and much more choices to customize it to your interest. Can make the game play like walking dead with slow zombies and infection mechanics, or even turn it into 28 days later with feral sprinting zombies that can easily infect you from blood.
I have Project Zomboid on Steam because I purchased it before it was on Steam and I got the Steam key when it became available as a perk. Wow, that game must be quite old! Let's see...

RELEASE DATE:
Nov 8, 2013

Yeah, that tracks.

I see Dokibird is picking games on Steam right now...

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
Always hear the Fatal Frame series is a good horror one to try out.
Fatal Frame is the best horror series, because your combat effectiveness is directly related to your ability to overcome your fear of the enemy and keep in control while getting up in their faces.

Top Bottom