"Oui oui PP"Hakos Baelz & IRyS

Vidya Games Thread

Harrow Prime

Among Other Names.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband
Tried out the Ultrakill demo on this shitty laptop. Outside of one encounter which had very minor hiccups, it actually ran really well.
I also forgot to get rid of the Shimeji things, so I had Kronii, Bae, and Mumei accompanying me on this little journey.
I did alright, got fucked up on the Swordsmachine like, 5 times though. For my first FPS game on MnK in over a decade, I did good... I think. I would get the game if I had a decent PC, but alas I am stuck with what I got for the time being.
oop.png

Takodachi

Shared joy is double joy
Early Adopter
I tried Paladins again after like 6 years and I gotta say, the same still feels as clunk and unfinished as ever, but its got it's charm.
Some game mechanics are baffling though, like talents, something akin to passives have to be unlocked with mastery ranks.

Also Ame is a shit announcer, sorry alligators, but your oshi cannot read a script to save her fucking life.

God's Strongest Dragoon

That Chuuba Enjoyer

DM me if you have a Ed, Edd n Eddy clip
Early Adopter
So fellas...steam summer sale is here!!!!

• What y'all grabbing?

• What do you recommend?

• What embarrassing game you getting but don't want your steam friends to know about?

UberSoldat

Harrow Prime

Among Other Names.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband

• What y'all grabbing?

• What do you recommend?

• What embarrassing game you getting but don't want your steam friends to know about?
I'm getting uhh, the got damn uhhhhhhh...:inahungryl:

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
Maybe Powerwash Simulator and West of Loathing.

That Guy Over There

It's time to Moom
I grabbed three of the Yakuza games I don't own yet, 4, 5 and 6. There's a bundle for the first 7 games (0-6) that's on sale while the games themselves aren't on sale.
Past that I don't have much on my wishlist that I'm in a rush to get.

Takodachi

Shared joy is double joy
Early Adopter

• What y'all grabbing?

• What do you recommend?

stop rubbing it in :depressedtako:
and CK2 is my go-to for "grand strategy" games, if anything because of how moddable it is.

yeah me

dirty grey in chat
Got a question for some autists here.

So assume you want to download workshop mods from Steam. There's a few ways to do that but say you want to download a lot in one go. And it can't be any method that involves subscribing for the mod through the workshop for uh... religious reasons. Any tips?

At the moment I can download mods but I have to do it one at a time and it's agonizing. I'd like a way that doesn't involve a ton of clicking for each one individually.

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
I bought a bunch of shit like GTFO that I will never play because I don't have time nor friends that have time. I'm actually striking out on finding interesting shit

Got a question for some autists here.

So assume you want to download workshop mods from Steam. There's a few ways to do that but say you want to download a lot in one go. And it can't be any method that involves subscribing for the mod through the workshop for uh... religious reasons. Any tips?

At the moment I can download mods but I have to do it one at a time and it's agonizing. I'd like a way that doesn't involve a ton of clicking for each one individually.
I'd be curious about this as well.

God's Strongest Dragoon

• What y'all grabbing?
Based on what I've been following and what the sales are so far, likely going with some of these:

Kenshi (-55% | $29.99 $13.49)
Been interested in this since Sseth did a video about but never bothered to pick it up

Prototype (-75% | $19.99 $4.99)
Nostalgia

Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition (-75% | $19.99 $4.99)
Surprisingly not nostalgia because I never played an AoE game but I've heard good things about the remaster

Planet Zoo (-75% | $44.99 $11.24)
Building/Rollercoaster Tycoon autism

Frostpunk (-80% | $29.99 $5.99)
Was interested in this when I saw Kronii play it, seems up my alley and it's cheap right now

Satisfactory (-45% | $29.99 $16.49)
Crippling autism

Victoria 2 (-75% | $19.99 $4.99)
Pretty much the one Paradox game I never got into. Heard that Victoria 3 has a lot of issues so I'm just going to try the cheaper predecesser that everyone tells me is currently better. If I enjoy it and I hear Victoria 3 ends up getting better, I might check that out
  • What do you recommend?
Depends on what genres you're interested in/what type of games you've played.

Planetary Bombardment

It's the only way to be sure.
Satisfactory (-45% | $29.99 $16.49)
Crippling autism
I have hundreds of hours in this game. I have not beaten it once. I know people that have beaten it six times. Sixteen dollars is a steal.

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
Frostpunk (-80% | $29.99 $5.99)
Was interested in this when I saw Kronii play it, seems up my alley and it's cheap right now

I can vouch for Frostpunk. It can be frustrating at times when all your citizens are dying and you can't figure out why, but as a whole it's a pretty interesting city-builder. Similar in tone to This War of Mine where you almost always feel like you're at least one step behind a comfortable existence - always this sense of looming disaster.

I'm thinking of finally pulling the trigger on Rimworld now that it has a rare discount. Might make for good khantent.

The Holiest Hole

Needs to stop using imgur links
The problem with me is that if I'm interested in a game I'll usually buy it right then and there regardless of discount. Everything I'm waffling on gets relegated to the steam sale maybe list. If you're interested then the ones I'm keeping an eye on are:

Trails of Cold Steel I+II 50% discount
Wanted to try this series again but I keep getting conflicting reviews of some of the arcs so I've been hesitating. The price cut might get me to buy it

Atelier Ryza (The first one) 50% discount
I have an unhealthy obsession with crafting games but just like the Trails series Atelier games will have conflicting reviews depending on where you look. Still a maybe.

Teslagrad 2 20% discount
If you don't know what this game is it's an action platformer with puzzles with an industrial setting. Mechanics/powers are based around tesla coils and magnetism. Played the first one and thought it was decent but I don't know if I'll buy the second because I'm not really hungry for those types of games.

Cyberpunk 2077 50% but practically Full price because of Phantom Liberty
I'm still hesitant to buy the game after more research and the helpful people here talking about their experience. If I buy it it's almost exclusively for Phantom Liberty

In other news, Baldur's gate III just released news about their full class and race list so I'm now definitely buying it pre-launch and Dave the diver just released their 1.0 version yesterday which I wasn't expecting at all so I'll be playing that for the next few weeks.

God's Strongest Dragoon

Cyberpunk 2077 50% but practically Full price because of Phantom Liberty
I'm still hesitant to buy the game after more research and the helpful people here talking about their experience. If I buy it it's almost exclusively for Phantom Liberty
Not sure if you're aware of this but that massive gameplay overhaul that comes out with Phantom Liberty is applied to the base game even if you don't get Phantom Liberty. It's why there's been an uptick in players, as a lot of people are going back and finishing their save files they haven't completed or trying out new builds before everything gets changed. I'd go with just the base game if you're hesitant still. You can play the base game now and see how you like it and see if you like the changes when Phantom Liberty comes out. If you're just overall not happy with the game, you'll save yourself the money of buying the expansion.

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
West of Loathing
West of Loathing and Shadows Over Loathing are both pretty fun.

As for me, I'm picking up all of the Metal Slug games. Maybe a couple other things.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
I'm considering getting Stranger of Paradise Final Fantasy Origin.(-30% | $59.99 - $41.99) I've heard the game is all kinds of great and uses the Nioh combat system basically. I just need to figure out if the PC version is doing okay, I heard it was pretty rough at release.

I'll also never pass up an opportunity to shill Outer Wilds. The Archaeologist Edition with the DLC is on sale too (-41% | $39.99 - $23.64). If you like puzzle/detective games that also throws in space exploration, I consider it one of the greatest video games ever made. It's also #1 on my list of "I wish I could get brain damage to experience this game for the first time again" award. Just know that the currency for this game is knowledge, so once you know the solution to the puzzle, you can't experience the game the same way again afterwards. So if you want to try it, go in as blindly as possible.

46gumi

Forever Siro's Punching Bag
I gueas this is why Skullgirls got scrubbed

Reminder that this is the game's top player and has been included in the game as a background NPC

i1590227784677386.jpg

The Holiest Hole

Needs to stop using imgur links
Skullgirls got main stage screentime last year so no it's not because of "evo perms".

Top Bottom