"Guys~ Trapezoid~"Inugami Korone

Vidya Games Thread

Helmet-kun

I can't stop repeating words in longposts :(
Its wild to think Lethal Company will probably become the FOTM once again.
I mean, it's kind of deserved tbh, it's a great game for streaming as a small group. If you could somehow combine that game with The Long Drive it'd be actually perfect for streaming, vehicular manslaughter + goofy physics makes every game better.

EDIT: I threw that out there without thinking too much about it at first but holy fuck a Long Drive-esque Lethal Company would be fucking amazing, imagine having to go into a randomly generated facility full of monsters to get fuel for your car so you don't get killed at night. I actually want this now.

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
Sony is just going to brush Helldivers 2 under the rug since they couldnt farm culture war bucks like TLOU2

There was a schizo theory about Sony kneecapping Stellar Blade so they can later buy out the studio and now this makes me double take on that, i doubt they could buy Shift Up since they also make Nikke but Arrowhead is much smaller
Nah. Apparently it was technically a requirement from the start, but the feature broke when they released it to the public, so they had it disabled until now.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Nah. Apparently it was technically a requirement from the start, but the feature broke when they released it to the public, so they had it disabled until now.
Sure, but them not saying anything and then editing a help page really makes my nogging jog

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
Honestly, the Helldivers 2 outrage feels a bit forced. I mean, I find it kind of annoying that they're changing this out of nowhere, but it's just a two-minute process of setting up a Sony account and then linking it, isn't it? Or is there more to it than that, that I haven't heard of?

Bozu

Those who sow in tears shall reap in joy.
Early Adopter
Honestly, the Helldivers 2 outrage feels a bit forced. I mean, I find it kind of annoying that they're changing this out of nowhere, but it's just a two-minute process of setting up a Sony account and then linking it, isn't it? Or is there more to it than that, that I haven't heard of?
Aside from the stance of "Fuck you I wont do what you tell me", PSN is one of the most, if not THE most insecure platform ever.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
They sold the game in areas that dont have access to a PSN account ToS-wise, good chunk of South America and Africa dont have access to it

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
Aside from the stance of "Fuck you I wont do what you tell me", PSN is one of the most, if not THE most insecure platform ever.
Okay. Is this an issue if you just don't use the same password that you use elsewhere? Like, what's going to happen if there's a data-breach, outside of people knowing you play Helldivers 2?
They sold the game in areas that dont have access to a PSN account ToS-wise, good chunk of South America and Africa dont have access to it
>Fewer blacks and mexicans
>Total Chud Victory

Last edited:

Bozu

Those who sow in tears shall reap in joy.
Early Adopter
>Fewer blacks and mexicans
>Total Chud Victory
I was taking your nuances seriously until this.
Yeah sure, total nígger death, just 2 minutes yadda yadda, you are correct, I'm just not gonna do it, and neither thousands of players apparently, because steam seems to be more than willing to refund regardless of play time.

ValkyrieAce

in a toxic relationship with IRyS

PC Master Race cried enough to get it changed.

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore

PC Master Race cried enough to get it changed.

and now for the most difficult part, that other online games bash their heads against on the daily:

how to get all those players back in the game

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter

Kalion

:)
I have a solution for you, Sony.
All PS players get a Helghast-inspired armor and helmet set. Steam players get it if they link their PS account.
You get your increased number of "active" PSN accounts and nobody complains.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Helghast-inspired armor and helmet set.
That one set that vaugely looked like a Stalhelm got some redditors bitching, they would lose their minds with a Helghast

MR.T800

Why do you cry?
PSN is one of the most, if not THE most insecure platform ever.
[- IT'S JUST SKYNET PERFORMING CYBER ATTACKS ON PSN FOR FUN -]
[- SKYNET DOES EXTRACT SENSITIVE DATA FROM PSN AND THEN GOES TO NEURO-SAMA - IT'S NO BIG DEAL -]
1698880584002451.jpg

God's Strongest Dragoon

>be morbidly obese 50+ yr old Nip c-suite exec
>see that our gaming division isn't doing so hot but that 2nd party game we published is doing numbers on PC
>chat with colleagues and decide to finally pull the trigger on making PSN mandatory like we planned to bump up numbers for investors while selling customer data
>turn off phone while celebrating golden week because that announcement is planned and don't have to worry anymore
>wake up with hangover on Monday
>turn on phone and see 999+ notifications
>rush to office to revert the decision
>pass by coworker on the way, notice he's driving off to the suicide forest
>drive faster

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
>be morbidly obese 50+ yr old Nip c-suite exec
>see that our gaming division isn't doing so hot but that 2nd party game we published is doing numbers on PC
>chat with colleagues and decide to finally pull the trigger on making PSN mandatory like we planned to bump up numbers for investors while selling customer data
>turn off phone while celebrating golden week because that announcement is planned and don't have to worry anymore
>wake up with hangover on Monday
>turn on phone and see 999+ notifications
>rush to office to revert the decision
>pass by coworker on the way, notice he's driving off to the suicide forest
>drive faster
>Tweet posted the equivalent of just after noon JP time
Holy shit they really did make this call and fuck off for the weekend, didn't they? Poor Kenji and Daisuke waking up to THIS shitfest. :whatastory:
I have a solution for you, Sony.
All PS players get a Helghast-inspired armor and helmet set. Steam players get it if they link their PS account.
You get your increased number of "active" PSN accounts and nobody complains.
It's honestly sad this entire situation could have been avoided by using even the smallest carrot instead of a stick. Helghast armor, maybe something based on Destiny? Would have so fucking simple. Hell, even 500 or 1000 super credits could have done it for others. So dumb.

Last edited:

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
I was taking your nuances seriously until this.
Yeah sure, total nígger death, just 2 minutes yadda yadda, you are correct, I'm just not gonna do it, and neither thousands of players apparently, because steam seems to be more than willing to refund regardless of play time.
>I was taking you seriously until you made a joking response to someone else.
Lol, okay bro.

Looks like it doesn't really matter either way, since they walked it back.

Stunned But Dumb

Nenélove

Cured and Medicated
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
>Tweet posted the equivalent of just after noon JP time
Holy shit they really did make this call and fuck off for the weekend, didn't they? Poor Kenji and Daisuke waking up to THIS shitfest. :whatastory:
I will never understand why nip corpos make announcements at the start of golden week when they will be completely unable to respond to any crises until a week later.

Bronze

Top Bottom